From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 32tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

The blonde guided me through a small area with a PC and healing machine, which seemed to have been added to the main residence solely for the convenience of challengers. The next area after two large doors was a foyer, where the girl told me to wait while she went to call on her Master.

I stayed there for a couple of minutes, wondering whether it was a common occurrence among the wealthy in this region to decorate their residences with such ill taste. First Serra and her magenta-and-icy-blue hall of mirrors, and now Radomus and his black-and-white chess-board-like floor tiles.

The blonde was back in no time, together with… really?

“Welcome, challenger,” said a man with a tall bright yellow wig which oscillated back and forth every step he took.

His gardevoir walked over directly to me, and suddenly introduced herself.

“One Miss Gossip Gardevoir at your service~”

PvBcgC5.png

I looked at the man I presumed to be Radomus with wide eyes and then stared at the pokemon who had just spoken in human tongue. I was realizing in those few seconds what the people were referring to when they said Radomus was an odd person.

“Oh, that’s right. Forgive my ill manners~” Gardevoir apologized and chuckled. “It must be your first time meeting a pokemon that can communicate with humans, right?”

“Indeed, Gardevoir is unique among her kind to be able to psychically project her thoughts in English,” Radomus explained. “That has gained her quite the popularity, including careers in the world of television.”

Gossip Gardevoir smiled blissfully while her trainer(?) introduced her.

“And this is Luna... my daughter,” Radomus said, referring to the blonde whom I had confused for a maidservant.

“Luna,” I repeated in a low voice, because the name rang a bell. Wasn’t this the nomad girl who stayed with Serra a season and then disappeared without a word? If I used Bennett’s words as guidance, indeed, I had to admit she was as good-looking as he had described her.

“Luna told me you are a challenger, but are you sure?” Radomus looked at me with knitted eyebrows. “I fear you don’t look old enough to be taking on the League. Please don’t tell me I’m your father too.”

Luna shot him a look with a raised eyebrow, which he brushed off casually.

“Are you picking a fight?” I asked Radomus. “I am eighteen. If you can’t see that, I can fix your eyesight with a couple of hits.”

Radomus blinked twice and laughed.

“My my, our guest is a box of surprises, isn’t she? My apologies, dear madam. I didn’t mean to insult you with my careless words.”

“I had already informed you that she was quite the character, my dear Master,” Gardevoir pointed out. “After all, she’s Vanilla, the girl who has been destroying Team Meteor’s plans one by one~”

I directed my attention to Gardevoir.

“You know who I am?”

“But of course! There is nothing newsworthy that escapes my knowledge, you see~” Gardevoir twirled once. “I know you have seven badges, that you have befriended some of Reborn’s Gym leaders and helped them escape an orphanage! I also heard you have dealings with the Aqua gang? That one was unexpected if I may say so.”

“I have no dealings with that dumbass,” I spat. “I only stole a good portion of the gang’s bikes, that’s all.”

Gardevoir giggled at this new piece of information I offered.

“I also have a question to ask you,” she commented, suddenly turning somewhat serious. “However the question’s asker told me to do it more in private…”

“Later will do, Gardevoir,” Radomus said. “More importantly, I assume you’d like to get our battle out of the way, right Vanilla?”

“Of course.”

“In that case, Luna. Gardevoir. If you would please excuse us for a moment?”

“Yes, Master,” Luna reacted swiftly and left the foyer.

“Ooh, enjoying a private moment already? How sensuous~”

“Gardevoir.”

The pokemon twirled again and went away giggling.

When we were left alone, I took a cautious step back and prepared a concealed defensive stance, in case I had to strike back at some point.

“Gardevoir is lively but mostly harmless,” Radomus sighed. “However that is not why I dismissed them.”

I paid attention to what he was saying, but also to his every move, making sure that he was not about to about to pull any weird tricks from under his wig.

“I understand that you have met with Elias, Luna’s biological father,” he said.

“She seems to have a complicated view of parenthood,” I noted.

“Indeed. Although I call her my daughter, she most certainly isn’t. I don’t know if you may have noticed, but this blond hair is actually a wig, and I am not naturally blond like Luna,” he explained, displacing his wig a little to show his black original hair.

Not that I needed confirmation, but whatever.

“Why do you call her your daughter, then?”

“Well, she appeared at our doorstep one day, and claimed me to be her father,” Radomus said, fixing the tower of hair on his head. “If I cut to my conclusion, I believe she was the subject of abuse and ran away from her home for that reason. I am not heartless enough to deny a defenseless child a place, when I own a castle too big for my lonely self.”

“So you believe El is an abusive parent,” I said, summarizing his words.

That is correct,” he affirmed. “He has come calling more than once to reclaim her, but I have refused him. I am resolved to protect her as much as I can.”

“He does strike me as a shady character,” I nodded, remembering our encounter in Voclain mansion. “It seems he has lured a naive child, though I am ignorant of his true nature or motives.”

“Are you referring to Serra Voclain’s son?”

“Yes,” I replied but not inquiring as to how he knew since I assumed Gossip Gardevoir had told him already. “Coincidentally, did you know that Luna had stayed with Serra before crashing your place?”

“Yes, I-”

Radomus was interrupted by Luna, who entered the foyer to announce a new guest.

“Vanilla! Hayy guurrl, hayyyy,” Cain said as e saw me standing with Radomus.

“I thought you had gone looking for Heather,” I commented.

“Yep, and I did find her,” e said. “Not that she was happy to see me~ She was adopted by some guy up in Ametrine City. So that’s good enough for me. As long as she’s happy, right~?”

hKJuprE.png

“So now you’ve come to challenge Radomus?” I asked.

“Yep yep, got some catching up to do,” Cain giggled.

“That is good. I love a nice game of chess, I mean battling,” Radomus grinned. “But there is only one of me and two of you. Why don’t you have a small preview battle, to see who will battle me first?”

“It’s not necessary, but I will engage in battle. The result is the same,” I said.

“I hope you brought the rings to engage me, Vanilla~”

eHtL7EY.png

From the beginning, Cain’s A-muk showed improvement. Against Wolfie, it ate up two Rock Slides like it was nothing, and Knocked Off Wolfie’s hard rock and poisoned her while at it. Cain went ahead and healed his pokemon but luckily the third Rock Slide critically hit and fainted the foe. Wolfie, however, also fainted to poison. The next contender was mimikyu, the new and final addition to his team. I knew this pokemon to be rather troublesome since Shade used one in our battle, but indeed, Cain’s mimikyu was stronger than Shade’s tanking two Mirror Shots from Golden Key thanks to its ability. The pokemon sword danced in those turns, too, so when it struck back with Shadow Claw, Golden Key went straight down. Next I sent out Bambi, a normal type, with perhaps enough rapidity to outspeed the pikachu-looking ghost. Indeed, mimikyu was finished off with one Horn Leech. Against A-marowak, of course, I sent out Prince, who as always one-shotted the poor pokemon with Earth Power. Against the meowstic, I sent out Bambi again, whose Megahorn put the cat in a tight spot, but meowstic struck back with a field-boosted Psychic, which also hit quite hard. Fortunately Bambi was faster so he knocked the foe out with a Horn Leech. I stayed in with Bambi for the primarina, who went down to a single Horn Leech. Cain’s ace, nidoking, gave a little more trouble. Despite its bulky appearance, the purple monster was quite speedy and knocked out Prince despite having no super-effective moves. However, thanks to Prince’s Earth Power, which lowered nidoking’s health significantly, Kame was able to finish it off with Aqua Jet.

“Ah, I can never win against you, can I?” Cain laughed as he returned nidoking to his pokeball and gave it a light pat.

“Actually, I do see improvement in your battling technique,” I said.

“Vanilla! I’ve finally been noticed by my senpai~”

“I don’t know what you mean, but I shouldn’t have said anything if it’s going to make you grin like that,” I pushed Cain’s face away.

“Kiddin’~,” e laughed. “Well, I guess you can battle Radomus first.”

However, just when that had been decided, Luna entered the foyer again and asked us if we had seen Gardevoir.

“I thought she was with you,” Radomus replied.

“Then I came back here with the boy but now I can’t find her anywhere,” she said with knitted brows. “I’ll go check the entrance again.”

When Luna was out of the foyer, Radomus smirked.

“Looks like I’m playing black this game,” he said in a low voice.

I glanced at him, but his face didn’t betray his thoughts.

Luna came back, holding a note in her hands, but still without sight of Gardevoir. She gave the note to her Master, saying that a light-robed person had delivered it just then. Radomus gave it one quick skim, his hand to his chin.

“It’s a ransom note from none other than El,” Radomus commented, and the mere mention of the person’s name made Luna flinch. “He’s asking for his daughter Luna in exchange for Gardevoir.”

Sdo3vPO.png

I thought Luna looked as though she could faint any minute.

“The question is, who really has who's King on check.”

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Luna: 3/10 Seems to be an oddball.
  • Radomus: 3/10 Oddballíssimo.
  • Gossip Gardevoir: 3/10 Also an oddball, and too friendly for a pokemon I've just met.
  • Cain (+1): 5/10 Shows improvement in battling, which is good.
  • El (not seen, -1): 1/10 What a dirty move to kidnap Gardevoir to get her daughter who's clearly refusing him.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Finally this is back! Haha. 1st, weird how Vanilla called Luna good-looking but... alrighty then. Finally! It seems Vanilla and Cain are somewhat becoming better friends! I was expecting her to be more... confused, I guess the word I would use, with Radomus but I've been wrong about her before. Haha.

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Finally this is back! Haha. 1st, weird how Vanilla called Luna good-looking but... alrighty then. Finally! It seems Vanilla and Cain are somewhat becoming better friends! I was expecting her to be more... confused, I guess the word I would use, with Radomus but I've been wrong about her before. Haha.

Vanilla is objective, and she's thinking in the terms of Bennett, which is why I chose to describe Luna as good-looking (I mean, she is hooman too and has a preconception of what beauty is). I refrained from adding it, but I think she might've been like "I'm 18 but look more childish than this 15 yo" lol Instead I added the comment from Radomus xD

And Vanilla will prolly be increasingly confused about Radomus in the next episodes when he literally starts acting like a different dude.

• Haha 1

Ah, Rad-adabado has finally made his appearance, along with the honest(?) reporter GG and a gym-leader maid.   Wait, was intentionally misspelling/corrupting Rad's name a joke on the forums too or just Ame's blog??

I'm glad Cain finally go a bit of respect back even if it's just Sempai's objectiveness.  Gambatte, Cain-tan;  you can win Sempai's heart yet!

• Haha 1

Hey. Isn't there a person in like Everland or wherever that changes their hat and completely acts different or am I just totally making something up there?

Nope, maybe Wonderland hehe the Mad hatter is who comes to my mind but Idt he changes hats iirc?

Just now, Candy said:

Nope, maybe Wonderland hehe the Mad hatter is who comes to my mind but Idt he changes hats iirc?

Would be an interesting comparison.  Might as well go full reference to any fairy tale, even if it's a light mention.

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

Would be an interesting comparison.  Might as well go full reference to any fairy tale, even if it's a light mention.

More like Wonderland is a district of Everland that isn't usually traveled to because how weird stuff works there compared to mainland Everland (there's actually a reference to Wonderland in that one chapter of lore, where Wolfie isn't sure about going down the rabbit-hole since it could accidentally lead them to that place).

You know, I'm sorta surprised Vanilla wasn't more mad at Radomus for "having" Luna be dressed as a maid and do all these maid things. I mean yes. She's gonna get told later why (Or not. Idk how you're gonna write that) but wouldn't she be like "Well it's great that she's not being abused anymore but don't you think this is still abusing her having her do everything you want and calling you master and all of that?"

You know, I'm sorta surprised Vanilla wasn't more mad at Radomus for "having" Luna be dressed as a maid and do all these maid things. I mean yes. She's gonna get told later why (Or not. Idk how you're gonna write that) but wouldn't she be like "Well it's great that she's not being abused anymore but don't you think this is still abusing her having her do everything you want and calling you master and all of that?"

Hmm Vanilla prolly has the mentality that all three ppl in the castle are oddballs and hence didn't even have time to process what's actually "weird" including the girl being dressed in black (tho iirc Bennett had already told her that she dresses in gothic clothing) and addressing her "father" as Master lol

Just now, Candy said:

Hmm Vanilla prolly has the mentality that all three ppl in the castle are oddballs and hence didn't even have time to process what's actually "weird" including the girl being dressed in black (tho iirc Bennett had already told her that she dresses in gothic clothing) and addressing her "father" as Master lol

Lol. Omg. I keep thinking about Luna from Pokemon Full Moon everytime I read that name! xD

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 33tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

The consensus was that the kidnapper had probably not gotten far away yet, and hence it may be possible to chase him down Route 1. Yet, Radomus, whom I’d expected to be most enthusiastic about playing the detective in this situation, didn’t look particularly cooperative.

Instead of following Cain, who only stopped at the entrance because he realized no one was coming behind him, he asked me if I’d like a cup of tea.

“Radomus, what are you doing?” Cain asked. “Every second that ticks is a second El uses in running away.”

“Oh, I did say it was possible to chase him down, but why do so?” Radomus said.

Though he did not ask her to, Luna went away to serve us some tea.

“It’s no time to be drinking tea, you know. Why are you acting weird all of a sudden?”

“I seem to have missed the part when he wasn’t acting weird,” I muttered.

Radomus walked in a pensive fashion once to the left and then to the right. At all times, his enigmatic smirk was never erased from his mouth.

“I am only acting wisely, dear. If you act without seeing the full picture, you will only run straight into the enemy’s trap.”

“But it’s your Gardevoir! I can’t believe you’re not concerned for her,” Cain said with a louder voice, clearly showing agitation against a man whose stance was as rigid as a rock. “If I had any of my team kidnapped, I’d run straight out of here and capture the kidnapper.”

I nodded, for I agreed.

Right then, Luna came back with a tray of tea. She placed the tray on a small round table, announced that the tea was served, and approached Radomus.

“Please do go save my friend Gardevoir, Master? I’m afraid what that man could do to her.”

If I said that Radomus’ facial expression changed in a split second, it would definitely not be an exaggeration. He placed both his hands on Luna’s shoulders, and stated that he would go chase El after all.

“Why the sudden change of heart?” Cain asked, is eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“Simple. My heart is not changed, but Luna asked me to search for Gardevoir, and hence that is what I will do.”

Radomus reached for and lifted a cup of tea. He looked at Luna from the corner of his eye while sipping on his tea.

“Luna, you will stay here, since you are the piece El is looking for,” Radomus ordered, and though Luna looked disappointed, she did not break the character of housemaid which she appeared adamant on keeping. Now, perhaps I should have questioned Radomus’ allowance of such behavior by a girl in her mid-teens, but honestly I was much too confounded by Radomus, his golden-tower-like wig, his now-gone talkative Gardevoir and the runaway girl in gothic clothing, to even differentiate the oddities from the norm around these parts of town.

“Then, I’ll stay with her,” I said, taking my own cup of tea and sitting down on a nearby sofa.

“What?” Cain blurted out, is face almost comical. “Vanilla, please. You’re the strongest trainer here.”

“Excuse me, but Vanilla hasn’t yet won my badge,” Radomus corrected.

“Neither has she won mine,” Luna added.

“If we had time, she’d be kicking all your and your pokemon’s butts~ Not literally of course,” Cain winked at Radomus. “What I mean to say is that we need your help, girl~”

I knew this was coming, but I was rather bored that my expectations were completely accurate.

“I accepted the role of babysitter, because doing so would lead me to Team Meteor,” I said. “This time, the kidnapper isn't Team Meteor, and if it were up to me, I'd just return the lost kid to her birth father.”

Luna gasped and glued herself to Radomus’ arm.

“That man isn't my father. Master is my only father,” she insisted. If she didn’t have an opinion on me until now, she was rapidly developing hostility toward me.

“Please. Live in your childish fantasy all you like, but don’t even try to drag me in,” I shrugged. “It's Radomus’ business anyway. Neither the Gardevoir nor Luna have any relation to me.”

“Err, haha~ Don't worry, Luna. Vanilla over here has a unique way of expressing herself but she's actually kind and lovely,” Cain said, perhaps thinking I needed a follow up.

“I’m neither kind nor lovely. I have a set goal, and that is the only thing in my mind.”

Right then, Nilla, whose stare I could feel even from behind me, jumped onto me. I thought she was assaulting me, but instead she pushed the buttons of my pokeballs which were hooked onto my backpack.

All my teammates exited their pokeballs - some, like Bambi and Wolfie, raised their front legs and tried to give me a hug or strangle me. Anna and Elsa licked both of my cheeks but stayed calm, something Bambi and Wolfie probably needed to learn how to do. However, what all my party did was to look directly at my eyes.

“What is the meaning of this?” I asked Nilla, who then joined the other six in puppy-eyeing.

Wolfie ran over to Radomus and looked back at me, as though it were trying to convey a message with her mind.

“You were hearing from inside your pokeballs?” I made a guess. “And you want me to go with them to rescue Gardevoir?”

All the pokemon, especially the restless ones, jumped up and down with excitement.

Radomus came closer to me, smiling at my perhaps puzzled countenance.

“Pokemon differ from humans in that they consider all pokemon to be like family,” he said. “Even Gardevoir, whom they haven’t even met, is part of their family and hence someone they want to help out. It’s remarkable, isn’t it?”

I glanced up to Radomus’ face, which had a blissful look instead of the smirk from earlier, and then back onto my team. Wolfie jumped right back up to me and licked my face.

“I guess I have to return the favor to you, since you’ll be helping me achieve my goal,” I let out a sigh, but it wasn’t one of disappointment.

I returned all my pokemon to their pokeballs and gave a light pat on Nilla’s head.

“Well, now that we have sorted who is going,” Radomus said, knocking his wig over to replace it with a checkered beret. He carefully placed a monocle on his left eye. “Let’s go.”

Both Cain and I looked at him with unamusement.

“What? One must always wear the right hat for the right job,” he winked.

FP5chu2.png

We figured that going down Route 1 on tauros would speed up the process, so we did just that. Us three riding bulls caught the eye of more than one person, but despite the risk that at some point I could slide off the saddle-less bull, the ride wasn’t a pain.

We saw El, though not with Gardevoir, look at us in shock and then run towards the south end of the route - the gateway that should connect to North Obsidia Ward, but which have remained closed for years.

We slid off our tauros, and ran into the small passage in between the open and closed gates.

“He went that way, I saw him~” Cain said as he pointed to the right, which had an enormous gear, which sat there without turning.

“It’s the gear that opens the gate,” Radomus explained. “Unfortunately, the technicians were never able to find out why the gear just refuses to cooperate. Apparently everything else is working fine.”

However, the immobile gear also meant that we would have to move past the very narrow passage between the gear and the wall, which, though I didn’t want to admit it, wasn’t an issue for my small frame but it definitely posed a problem for grown-adult Radomus.

f3H8cZy.png

Teenager Cain slipped through the space without trouble, as I did, but Radomus took a little more than a push. With the momentum from pulling out of the narrow space, he accidentally bumped into Cain, kind of knocking him over and down the edge of the broken floor.

Radomus looked down to the abyss and back to me. Both of us had shock written on our faces.

“I’ve done it. Hopefully the fall wasn’t too long,” the fake detective said, as he took out an Escape Rope and tied one end to a metal protrusion on the floor.

We descended down, and fortunately the distance from the top wasn’t as long as I expected. Cain probably survived the fall, but e wasn’t anywhere to be seen. The cave which we fell into happened to be much like a maze, though, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Cain just happened to fall onto a different place to ours.

For the time being, Radomus and I explored the glittery gem-lined cave together.

“This place must be part of the cave under the Grand Staircase,” I commented. I came to that conclusion, since the place practically looked the same as that cave I navigated when Victoria had been taken hostage. Besides it made sense, since we practically were neighboring North Obsidia Ward.

Just as I turned at a corner, though, I happened upon something curious. A girl with purplish pink hair, traveling with a shiny florges also took a turn at a corner ahead of us.

“That girl…” I blurted out.

“What girl?” Radomus asked, for when he made it to the corner, she was already gone.

“I have to chase her,” I said, and started running. I heard Radomus call me, but really, there was nothing to do. The ground beneath my feet let through, and I fell down.

“Are you alright?” Radomus asked from above.

“No problem,” I said, touching my back which received most of the hit. I could still stand and walk with some pain.

I supported my body against the wall, and looked around me. Though a little more dark than it was on the floor above, the place still seemed to have paths to walk through, and perhaps the way looked less convoluted than it was upstairs.

“I think I can still go and grab the Escape Rope I left back where we came from,” Radomus said.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll look for El from here, and you can do it from where you are,” I told him. “I’ll try to join you once more upstairs if I find a way, alright?”

Nilla, who was with Radomus, flew down the hole that I made and stayed by my side.

“If you run into trouble, try calling Ame and she’ll come with people to help you out,” he said. “I guess we should've exchanged Pokegear numbers.”

“I'll be fine.”

I nodded and resumed the exploration.

Interestingly, the pink-haired girl’s vision wasn’t the last one I’d experience while I was stranded in the glittery cave: I met Victoria once and myself twice. That’s right - and I thought one could only hallucinate with drugs or a severe hit on the head.

3wB28wo.png

The Victoria I met down there wasn’t the same Victoria I knew, for she was greatly confused when I approached her and called her name.

“What do you mean you don’t know me?” I said. “I know it’s been a while since I left Apophyll, but still.”

“I have never seen you before, though,” Victoria scratched her head. “Tell me your name, and that might ring a bell.”

“It’s Vanilla.”

“No, I don’t know anyone called Vanilla either.”

I was probably as confused as she was. We stared at each other in silence, until I thought of a question to make.

“What are you doing down here?” I asked. “I thought you were going to stay in Apophyll to look after the students and townspeople.”

“I’m looking for a man in a light robe,” she replied. “You haven’t seen him, have you? And well, I don’t know where you bring that idea about Apophyll, since Kiki is there to do that job.”

“Kiki?”

“Yes, Kiki. I don’t know if you know her, but she is Apophyll Academy’s headmaster and instructor.”

It wasn’t like me to lose my cool, but I couldn’t help it. I looked at Victoria as though she’d grown another head. Both of us should know that Kiki is dead. We saw her being murdered.

“If you haven’t seen the man I’m searching for, I beg you excuse me since this is my priority. He’s kidnapped a gardevoir and I need to hunt him down before he escapes.”

With that, Victoria left in a hurry, and as though she had been made of fog, disappeared without trace. Both Nilla and I were left with too many unanswered questions in our heads.

“What even was that?” was one question, to start with.

VU5uBOq.png

The next vision came not long after the last one.

This time, the person knew who exactly I was, for we were the same person.

Nilla’s confusion at seeing two Vanillas was immense. She buzzed at both of us, and then fainted at my feet.

“What is this sorcery?” fake-Vanilla who had her hair up in a ponytail exclaimed when we crossed paths.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly.

Fake-Vanilla circled around me, and examined me with much curiosity. Once she was done, she smiled at me and concluded that we indeed were the same person.

“I can’t believe I have a doppelganger! You could even be my twin,” she said. “I’m Vanilla. What’s your name?”

“I’m also Vanilla.”

The girl paused in place, though she was still smiling. That was what gave away that she wasn’t the true Vanilla, for I rarely, if ever, smile.

“What a coincidence,” fake-Vanilla laughed. “You know, I’m looking for my cousin Candy and this robed man called El. I was chasing after El with Candy, but then we kinda got separated. You haven’t seen a girl a little taller than me with pinkish purplish hair and grey-colored outfit, have you? She’s also traveling with a florges called Lily, if that helps.”

“I saw her walking on the floor above,” I said. “I don’t know how to get back up though.”

“Ah well, that’s no biggie. I’ll find a way. At least I know where to look for her anyway~” fake-Vanilla winked. “Now I must get going, thanks doppelganger Vanilla. See you around!”

With that, she also ran away and disappeared to thin air.

I was starting to develop a theory on what all this crazy stuff was, when another Vanilla happened upon where I was crouching, trying to make Nilla wake up.

This second Vanilla, though, made me almost lose consciousness myself.

“Vanilla, look,” Wolfie pointed at me, still frozen on the spot. “That girl looks like an exact replica of you.”

MfXPFys.png

Yes, this fake-Vanilla was traveling with none other than Wolfie and she had Pikachu on her shoulder.

Right then, Nilla woke up, only to be almost startled back to unconsciousness. She glued herself onto my back, and I slowly stood back up with some pain. I still couldn’t say anything. Just stare at Wolfie and Pikachu, who in turn, looked at me as though they thought there was something wrong with me.

“I’m also… Vanilla,” I finally introduced myself.

“Curious, isn’t it? You’re the perfect mirror image of Vanilla, and your name is also Vanilla,” Wolfie remarked. “So far we have also ran into several other characters along the way, who seemed to be looking for the same robed man as us.”

“Vanilla,” the fake-Vanilla called me. “Are you also looking for El? Has he also kidnapped Radomus’ Gardevoir?”

I nodded. I was still looking at Pikachu, whose fur color was his original light blue.

“There is only one explanation, even if it sounds crazy,” concluded Wolfie. She had always been the one with the brains.

“I think I’ve also reached the same crazy conclusion,” I agreed. “We’re probably in parallel timelines.”

Just as I said that, the whole three of them disappeared much like Victoria and ponytail Vanilla had done. Yet what didn’t disappear was this sense of longing which didn’t allow me to breathe properly. I fell onto my knees, my eyes still fixed where the vision had been.

“What would I give, if I could live the life of that last Vanilla,” I muttered, and Nilla rubbed my back.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler

No changes, since nothing Radomus, Luna or Cain said got on Vanilla's nerves or improved their rating.

I think Vanilla lost like 10 points with Luna though xD

“What would I give, if I could make these episodes move the plot faster,” Candy muttered.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Knightly said:

@Candy Are you writing a story?!?

It's a story / written run of Reborn :P

Most things happen like in original Reborn, but I do add some "sugar and spice" to make the story fresh to seasoned players~

• Like 1

...............well, once again you completely surprise me with these extra bits.  Good job!

Spoiler

It would have been serial to see the Fern from that canonically hinted timeline (in that Ep 16 quest with the fortune teller).  I guess there is still enough time for a brief mention before we encounter our lost Fairy.

How many hours of speed did Vanilla have to build up to criss-cross this many parallel universes or timelines technically?  Is this meme even relevant anymore?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, seki108 said:

...............well, once again you completely surprise me with these extra bits.  Good job!

Reveal hidden contents

It would have been serial to see the Fern from that canonically hinted timeline (in that Ep 16 quest with the fortune teller).  I guess there is still enough time for a brief mention before we encounter our lost Fairy.

How many hours of speed did Vanilla have to build up to criss-cross this many parallel universes or timelines technically?  Is this meme even relevant anymore?

Oof. You know this is the problem about me not having completed a single through playthrough of Reborn (The farthest I got was fighting ArcLight in Devon, where I'm stranded thanks to damn Raichu or Jolteon). I missed that fortune teller event, but I read it in another thread... ya know, spoilers ain't as important as juicy neta to add to le story xD So expect a brief vision of Fern in the next episode~ hahaha~

Tfw I don't even know the meme RIP Enlighten me, o master of memes!

In my head I just made the cave leading to Citae a time-twisted place, given that, you know, Adrienn lowkey timelapsed.

21 hours ago, ArcherEric said:

wut

just wut

also how dare vanilla call luna gothic

she is obviously victorian

"Gothic or Victorian? Do I look like I care?" Vanilla rolled her eyes.

12 hours ago, Corso said:

Candy, your mind is a masterpiece of evolution

O stop it you~ *blush blush*

11 hours ago, Mr. Finn said:

Candy, how many hours did you spend making this episode? Because it seems amazing and I guess it took too many effort of your part. Good job! :)

Each episode is like ~2 hours of writing and 1 hour of picture editing, text coloring, formatting, etc. This one wasn't even one of the longer ones and I swear I was worried ppl would stop reading 'cause I felt this one and the last episode were rather boringo lel

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Candy said:

Oof. You know this is the problem about me not having completed a single through playthrough of Reborn (The farthest I got was fighting ArcLight in Devon, where I'm stranded thanks to damn Raichu or Jolteon). I missed that fortune teller event, but I read it in another thread... ya know, spoilers ain't as important as juicy neta to add to le story xD So expect a brief vision of Fern in the next episode~ hahaha~

Tfw I don't even know the meme RIP Enlighten me, o master of memes!

In my head I just made the cave leading to Citae a time-twisted place, given that, you know, Adrienn lowkey timelapsed.

Oops.......well, at least I wasn't the one that spoiled you.  I would complain about doing Fern a favor, but alternate timeline Fern might be alright.  He might even keep a Budew that can't evolve, just because he cares.

I can still try to summarize, though:  In an attempt to complete Super Mario 64 in a certain amount of A-presses, someone uses a lengthy process, which forces you "to build up speed for 12 hours" to reach "parallel universes".       I probably didn't really explain it well, since it is kind of a sub-joke of the meme, so I'll leave this link as well: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/05x-a-presses-but-first-we-need-to-talk-about-parallel-universes.       

It's a fairly interesting video, though it's much easier (?) to understand by watching the whole thing:

Spoiler

the portion I'm referring to is about 9-10 minutes in

3 hours ago, seki108 said:

Oops.......well, at least I wasn't the one that spoiled you.  I would complain about doing Fern a favor, but alternate timeline Fern might be alright.  He might even keep a Budew that can't evolve, just because he cares.

I can still try to summarize, though:  In an attempt to complete Super Mario 64 in a certain amount of A-presses, someone uses a lengthy process, which forces you "to build up speed for 12 hours" to reach "parallel universes".       I probably didn't really explain it well, since it is kind of a sub-joke of the meme, so I'll leave this link as well: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/05x-a-presses-but-first-we-need-to-talk-about-parallel-universes.       

It's a fairly interesting video, though it's much easier (?) to understand by watching the whole thing:

Reveal hidden contents

the portion I'm referring to is about 9-10 minutes in

Can't see Fern "caring" but o well, if he was able to stick with 4 other "teammates" in the future/canon/past/idk then maybe he wasn't as much of a jerk as he's when he interacts with us :P

Also I watched the whole video, and my reaction is: WTF. That was too much mafs and they were not quicc. These ppl prolly are like physicists or something when they ain't playin'.

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Can't see Fern "caring" but o well, if he was able to stick with 4 other "teammates" in the future/canon/past/idk then maybe he wasn't as much of a jerk as he's when he interacts with us :P

Also I watched the whole video, and my reaction is: WTF. That was too much mafs and they were not quicc. These ppl prolly are like physicists or something when they ain't playin'.

the reason why fern is an ass to us because we stole his spotlight

i have a feeling that the people in the prophecy somehow knew about the previous timeline

1 hour ago, ArcherEric said:

the reason why fern is an ass to us because we stole his spotlight

i have a feeling that the people in the prophecy somehow knew about the previous timeline

Can't see someone with a narcissistic persona, who gets annoyed because their spotlight was stolen, becoming the hero who tries to fight the evil forces to protect the innocent civilians xD But well, like I described in the last episode, people on parallel universes / timelines are totes different people regardless of whether they're the same person (in this case Vanilla vs fake-Vanilla).

Funny anecdote is that I had three fake-Vanilla candidates and settled in the mentioned two (the ponytail one never went down the rabbit hole in Everland, as you can judge from her cheery talkative persona, and the one with Pikachu and Wolfie who did go down the rabbit hole but made the "right" choices, resulting in no deaths of her friends). The third one was a Vanilla who was eager to help fight Team Meteor, but for a different reason: she had developed a power-thirsty personality, and wanted to conquer Reborn for herself xD So yea, I think the essence of a person is in his/her experiences, and different timelines would have had the person go through different experiences.

An extra anecdote would be the one in which Victoria is the hero - in this timeline, Vanilla was not born, which I guess is like the fortune-teller's Fern.