From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 26tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

“Aww, your hair Vanilla. You know, that light pink suited you well,” was what Cain said when he first saw me.

The weather had been rainy all the while, and I hadn’t bothered to buy myself an umbrella, so it appeared that Aster and Eclipse’s cheap hair dye or paint or whatever had already washed off. If you asked me, I was rather glad, for I didn’t want to be a walking cotton candy.

“Aya sends you her regards,” I said, though it was a lie.

Cain laughed awkwardly and scratched his nose.

“I'm guessing mom and Aya told you all about how I ran away,” he said.

etVvaZ5.png

“Actually, I didn’t care to hear the story, so no,” I shrugged. “If you wanted to run away, I don’t see why you shouldn’t.”

“I ran away because my mom took issue with, you know, who I have fun with,” Cain smirked. “But once I ran away, I realized how difficult it is to get by alone. That’s why I want to help Heather. One must use one’s experience for the better, right?”

I wondered whether what I did back in my teen years also was considered ‘running away from home’. I guess not, because I never had the urge to help neither Heather nor Cain just for that.

“Do as you wish.”

“Ready to go kick some ass~?” Cain asked me, moving out of the way so I could access the large boulders that hampered our way.

“Let’s go before I change my opinion.”

I moved the boulders with the newly acquired move, Strength, and ran to the doors the Team Meteor grunts had disappeared to. We entered a connection, but our way was limited since the eastern doors were shut tightly.

“If they went that way, we’re going to have trouble,” Cain commented. “Let’s try up the stairs for now.”

Up the stairs we found an inaccessible portion of Obsidia Ward. From where we stood, I could see the giant apartment complex neighboring the Department Store. We walked the only path that wasn’t destroyed, and found one really ominous building.

“Ah, it’s the old Yuyeyu building,” Cain explained. “Only a few years ago, it was the heart of Reborn’s economy, you know.”

We entered the building. The inside was worse than the outside view. The lights, of course, were off but sometimes flashing intermittently. Tables were broken and chairs were turned and resting on their side, pieces of ceiling had fallen on the floor, exposing cut cables and bent pipes. It was rather scary to enter a building that in my opinion could fall down on us at any minute.

I heard some noise and was startled, though I really shouldn't have been since we suspected Team Meteor of being in the same building.

6v4eN7C.png

“Alright, let’s inspect the place,” Cain said, and I followed im upstairs.

Team Meteor was, indeed in the building. Why they thought of using a worn out building as their hideout was beyond me, but that was not a question right now. We battled the grunts, until we found Shelly in a room with a knife up to her jugular.

“Take one more step, and she’ll drop dead,” one of the grunts holding her threatened us.

MMza3Pf.png

Under the seconds that I could see Shelly with the shorted-out light, I saw her cheeks were damp with tears.

“V-Vanilla, I’m scared,” she whispered.

However, there really was nothing I could do right then. Even if I take pride in my speed, there was no way I could run over in the time it would take for him to stab her neck.

I grinded my teeth.

“D-don’t worry about me,” Shelly said with a shaky voice. “It doesn’t matter what h-happens to me... A-alright?”

“We’ll go upstairs,” I sighed.

“We’ll come back for you, I promise,” Cain added.

On the floor above, a contrasting scenario was taking place.

We found Charlotte sitting on the floor together with two Meteor grunts whose faces I had faint recollection of.

“You really took your time, Princess,” Charlotte sneered at Cain.

“Sorry, we ran into some issues, 'kay?”

A great deal of issues after issues, to be exact.

“You two, step away or we’ll kill her!” the male grunt said.

“How exactly, if you aren’t even sitting close to her?” I asked.

“Really guys? You’re still on that?” Charlotte shook her head in disapprovement.

Both Cain and I looked at her with confusion.

“Well, uh, you know that’s what the boss told us to say.”

“Besides this is Vanilla, the one who always messes up our plans!”

“Right right, but no hard feelings now,” Charlotte said. “Cain, Vanilla, this is Simon and Tara.”

Cain, who snapped out of his amazement, brushed his long fringe backwards, exposing his forehead.

“You can’t be serious, Charlotte. You actually made friends with Meteor grunts?!”

“They’re people too, you know.”

“Yeah, except you’re missing a tiny detail: we’re enemies!”

“Well, whatever. It beats being locked or tied up.”

I wondered whether it was the personalities of Simon and Tara or Charlotte’s that had allowed the punk girl to avoid a situation like Shelly’s. Probably Charlotte’s, I thought. You need a special kind of creativity to even come up with such an outrageous scheme.

“It’s not like we can let you go because of a casual conversation, though,” Tara said. “So, Vanilla and Cain. Prepare to fight us!”

And fight, we did.

When we fought in the past, their battles didn’t stand out from the rest of lame grunt battles, but this time around I had to say that I saw some improvement. I would even say that their pokemon’s rhythm and cooperation were better than my pokemon with Cain’s, perhaps as a result of Simon and Tara spending a good amount of time together. If this was what Team Meteor’s leaders had in mind when making their grunts work in pairs, then there is nothing I can say. Their idea was brilliant.

Even though our combination was lacking compared to theirs, we won thanks to sheer strength.

“Again? How disappointing,” Simon sighed.

“Charlotte, tell your friends to stop their Justice-complex and join Team Meteor instead,” Tara suggested. “This is an honest recommendation. You don’t want to miss the opportunity to be rebuilt together with the world.”

On further encouragement, Tara explained about how the current world would end and the new one would emerge under the rule of Team Meteor.

“If you are part of Team Meteor, you’re guaranteed to be at the top of the food chain,” she said with much enthusiasm.

DiUXMYj.png

“That’ll only happen if you’re on the winning side,” I clarified. “As of now, I don’t see that happening any soon.”

Charlotte smirked at my comment.

“Alright, I’m going now,” she said. “Don’t try to stop me, since you obviously can’t.”

She sent out her ninetales, who intimidated the two grunts until they were pushed to the corner.

“Take care,” Charlotte waved her hand, and returned her ninetales to her pokeball.

“Do you think we can rescue Shelly? She’s downstairs with… well, a knife to her throat,” Cain explained.

“Sure thing, let’s go.”

Downstairs, one of the grunts was guarding the room, but scurried to grab Shelly when he saw us approaching.

“Don’t take a step, or I’ll kill her.”

“Kill her if you want, I don’t care,” was Charlotte’s response.

WQzAV9k.png

Both Cain and I looked at her as though she’d grown an extra pair of heads. It was dark, but we saw that she still had a single head.

Shelly started sobbing again, while Charlotte slowly moved forward.

“I’m warning you, I’m about to stab her in the neck,” the female grunt reminded her.

“I don’t care. She isn’t one of my sisters.”

She still went on walking. My heart was racing, and I was barely pushing down the urge to pull Charlotte back by the arm. Part of me, I guess, wanted to believe the punk had a plan.

“Stop that,” the male grunt said with increased exasperation.

“I just need to use that display real quick to unlock the gate upstairs.”

“C-Charlotte,” Shelly uttered with rough breathing.

I thought Shelly was dead meat, when Charlotte suddenly turned in a half circle and pulled Shelly by the shirt with force.

“Ah,” Shelly exclaimed, for the knife skimmed her neck but didn't actually make a cut.

J0fQdgB.png

Both grunts were left stunned as to the turn of events. When they saw that four people were ready to battle them, they just ran out of the room and down the stairs.

“Guess that’s that then,” Charlotte said. “Let’s go save Anna and the others.”

We went upstairs, where more Meteor grunts awaited us. Noel was also there, standing behind bars.

“Shelly and Cain, take care of them,” Charlotte said. “I will go upstairs with Vanilla.”

We followed the suggestion, and left Cain and Shelly to fight most of the grunts. Of course, the grunts who heard our plan tried to gang up on us, but honestly every one of them could have been taken care of by Charlotte alone. I must say that she was a stellar battler. Her ninetales and her seemed to be like two flames of fire - when the wind blowed, both of them moved in synchronization.

In no time were we going up the stairs.

On the next floor, we found the infamous Dr Connal with Heather, who had no change from the last time we saw her. She looked like a large doll rather than a living human.

“You’ve returned. No surprise there,” the Doctor said to me.

“Glad to see me doing whatever the fuck I want again, Doctor?” Charlotte laughed.

Dr Connal just knit his lips. His silence encouraged Charlotte to continue speaking.

“Hah, siding with Team Meteor because you aren’t capable of capturing us by yourself,” she said frivolously. “Can’t say I’m surprised you turned out to be that cheap.”

“You misunderstand me. I am not part of Team Meteor, for the sole reason I have teamed up with them is to recover what was stolen from me, and because I was intrigued by a certain name I have often heard spoken among the grunts.”

“Do I look like I care whether or not you’re Team Meteor?” I asked. “You’re not sided with me and are hence a threat to be disposed of.”

“Hm. Then, do you intend to battle me?”

I sent out Prince, who croaked loudly.

“Is that even a question?”

kwPwUwS.png

The battle lasted quite a while, eventually ending in our victory, or rather, Charlotte’s victory. That’s right. Even though we won the battle, I was left with a bitter taste of my own weakness. My pokemon and I were helpless against the Doctor’s team. Halfway through the battle, and the fight had turned into a 1-on-1 between Connal and Charlotte, with me just standing by without no active pokemon. Of course, ninetales couldn’t handle the whole weight and fainted, but every pokemon Charlotte sent out was equally as strong as the previous. Even with the field advantage giving boosts to the Doctor’s electric-type pokemon, Charlotte simply overpowered him. No wonder he had to take away her pokemon while she remained under his care; the girl’s battling abilities were not match for him.

“Do as you like,” Dr Connal spat as he collected his pokemon. “If you and the others escape, that only means I have to recover you once more.”

He left Heather and exited the room.

“Heather, go downstairs and help Cain and Shelly out if you can,” Charlotte said, but Heather looked at her with unfocused eyes and didn’t reply. However, the message was clearly understood, since she left us and went down the stairs.

“... Right. Let’s carry on,” Charlotte shook her head and followed me upstairs.

The lights were surprisingly stable on this last floor.

“So, the Doctor didn’t serve as enough of a challenge, did he?” sighed Sirius, who was standing opposite to Anna.

“Vanilla, Charlotte! He took my pendant,” Anna complained. “It’s daddy’s pendant. It’s the only thing I have to remember him.”

“Your father gave you this pendant?” Sirius laughed as though he’d just heard a joke. “He was always a fool.”

Anna stared at him with her round googly eyes.

“You know my dad?” she asked, but Sirius did not answer her question.

Instead, he turned towards us and showed us two artifacts: an amethyst pendant and a ruby ring.

“I have no need to fight you, for I have obtained what I looked for,” he said. “Here’s to hoping we never see each other again.”

Sirius throwed a smoke ball, which exploded and released tons of dark but non-toxic gas. When we waved it away, though, the man was already nowhere to be seen.

“He took my pendant, Charlotte,” Anna started sobbing. “And he knew my dad. I don’t know my dad. How’s that even fair?”

Charlotte approached her, and I just looked away with my arms crossed.

“It’s okay, Anna. We’ll get your pendant back when we see him again, which is likely going to happen pretty soon.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw the punk girl giving Anna a friendly hug, which stopped her crying.

“Let’s join the others then,” I said, and we ran out of the creepy building.

Shelly and the other three were waiting for us outside.

“Are we still going to our family home in Tanzan Cove?” Charlotte asked.

“We have to avoid the cops, so yes,” I replied.

The punk led the way down the stairs back to the railnet. We noticed that the gates that led to the eastern side of it were unlocked, probably by the Team Meteor people who escaped in that direction.

“It appears that Team Meteor has another base in that direction,” Noel noted. “I guess our crossing ways is inevitable.”

Better that way, I thought but did not dare say aloud. After all, Team Meteor was a plain annoyance to these kids, but they were also a source of training material for my personal use.

While we were figuring out the maze of rails, which were so convoluted I quite honestly wasn’t sure how they were traveled by actual trains once upon a time, Shelly walked up to me slowly.

“Um,” she said to catch my attention, but fell silent when we met gazes.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“C-Cain told me that, um, about your t-traveling companion,” she said with shakiness in her voice but still making an effort to look at me in the eye. “I’m sorry…”

izGBTpE.png

I internally rolled my eyes. Victoria didn’t give me the impression of being a blabbermouth, but she had apparently told Cain about Pikachu’s death.

“It’s okay. Bad things happen, but one must carry on living,” I said.

“Um,” Shelly repeated to regain my attention, which was shifting towards the present maze. “I was w-wondering, if maybe… um, you’d accept to travel with m-my illumise.”

I batted my eyes, for this wasn’t something I expected.

“I k-know that she can’t replace your p-pachirisu, but, um, I thought maybe she could be l-like together with you when… when I’m not around… Um, to keep you, um, company.”

Shelly closed her eyes and became stiff, as though she thought I would either shout at her or hit her in the face. Poor girl didn’t know that I had met Cal, who had made me understand her circumstance better.

“I’ll borrow your pokemon, then,” I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She was, however, stiff for a couple of seconds after I spoke, which made me wonder if she had heard me at all.

“Eh?” she said, opening her eyes widely. “S-sure. Here.”

She sent out her purple firefly known for setting up the rain as fast as a lightning bolt.

“Her name is, um, Vanilla,” Shelly pronounced my name in an especially small voice. “B-but you can call her Nilla so it’s not, um, confusing.”

“Fine,” I said.

WQy6I7j.png

“Nilla, be a good f-friend to Vanilla, alright?” Shelly said and patted Nilla’s head.

The firefly buzzed with bliss, and then flew energetically in a circle around me.

“Ah, l-look, we’ve found the way out,” Shelly exclaimed.

“Indeed,” I said, following the others to where we could hear birds chirping.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Anna, Noel, Heather, Cain: Unchanged.
  • Charlotte (+1): 7/10 I guess I have admiration for good battlers.
  • Tara&Simon: 3/10 They're Team Meteor, but seem not to be active members, just freeloading. 
  • Dr Connal (-1): 0/10 He doesn't know when to stop, right?
  • Sirius (-1): -1/10 What an asshole for flashing the pendant and ring before escaping. I hate being made a fool out of.
  • Shelly (+1): 6/10 She visibly fears me but was kind enough to think of me.
  • Victoria (not present, -1): For blabber-mouthing. Sorry Victoria 😢

Hehe, I actually recorded the battle vs Dr Connal, but since I changed the plot to have Charlotte as a buddy instead of Cain, I didn't feel I could place it in... You're free to watch it though~

Spoiler

Also 4,000 views and counting, pals :D Thx as always for the support~

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ArcherEric said:

wow you changed it to a 2v1 with charlotte

good thinking

if you can change the in game battle like the written one then it would be amazing

Nilla will do well for Vanilla

Tfw the only reason Cain was replaced by Charlotte is so there could be time for Cain and Shelly to talk about Pikachu's death... sorryto dorito for taking away your spotlight Cain

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Tfw the only reason Cain was replaced by Charlotte is so there could be time for Cain and Shelly to talk about Pikachu's death... sorryto dorito for taking away your spotlight Cain

cain’s appearance is enough for a spotlight

• Haha 1

I was kind a hoping more interaction with Vanilla and Charlotte after she pulled the "go ahead and kill her" stunt buuuut you replaced with A LOT of different story than the original so I can live with that. Wasn't expecting another travel Pokemon with Vanilla. Interesting. You deff have a knack for this! Loved this update! :D

52 minutes ago, Candy said:

Hehe, I actually recorded the battle vs Dr Connal, but since I changed the plot to have Charlotte as a buddy instead of Cain, I didn't feel I could place it in... You're free to watch it though~

I honestly forgot that Charlotte wasn't your partner here, since it's been quite a while since I played this section.  Good story change though, since it gives Vanilla more incentive to grow and showcases Charlotte's gym leader level  (as well as the annoyance of fighting Connal's on a field where he can freely spam field-enhanced, STAB Discharges).       

Also, new companion, this time bearing Vanilla's name.  I do wish there was a way Ame could program her to use a mon with your character's name during Ametrane Mountain (or sometime after); would be a nice touch if she could figure out how to program it.  Will Nilla battle at times, or be purely support?  Also, in the ball or out?

3 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I was kind a hoping more interaction with Vanilla and Charlotte after she pulled the "go ahead and kill her" stunt buuuut you replaced with A LOT of different story than the original so I can live with that. Wasn't expecting another travel Pokemon with Vanilla. Interesting. You deff have a knack for this! Loved this update! :D

Perhaps I should've, but I felt like Vanilla would've been speechless at the stunt Charlotte pulled (I was) and also there'd be little time to discuss these things if they were raiding a place irl but tru she should've at least given a word or two about how risky that was...

5 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I honestly forgot that Charlotte wasn't your partner here, since it's been quite a while since I played this section.  Good story change though, since it gives Vanilla more incentive to grow and showcases Charlotte's gym leader level  (as well as the annoyance of fighting Connal's on a field where he can freely spam field-enhanced, STAB Discharges).       

Also, new companion, this time bearing Vanilla's name.  I do wish there was a way Ame could program her to use a mon with your character's name during Ametrane Mountain (or sometime after); would be a nice touch if she could figure out how to progame.  Will Nilla battle at times, or be purely support?  Also, in the ball or out?

Haha! Good, for fiction writing is the art of deception xD

Yep I always felt left out when Shelly named all her pokemon but not with our names :'( So for the realm of this story, illumise has a name and it's Vanilla/Nilla.

She'll be just like Pikachu. No battling and out of the ball (Shelly has the empty ball).

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 27tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Once we were outside, however, Heather flew away on her salamence. Not a word was said, not even a thank you or a goodbye. Unsurprisingly, it left many of us puzzled and rather disappointed.

I5Dv18r.png

“Um, bye I guess?” Shelly said when she was already too far up the clouds to see her. “Not that I wanted to h-help my friend, or anything.”

Cain, as expected, fared us well and left the group to search for the little girl who clearly didn’t want him to stalk her. However, each of us are entitled to do what brings us satisfaction, and Cain wasn’t going to cause trouble… or so I hoped.

“Anyway, let’s head north. Beyond Tanzan mountain is our home,” Charlotte encouraged us and we ran together.

If I thought the green of the forest back there was pleasing, I had yet to see the beautiful arrangement of wildflowers I had ever seen. Tanzan cove, as this place was called, had a large lake - not as large as Azurine, and fortunately not nearly as polluted - surrounded by colorful wildflowers that swayed like waves on the sea. I could see pokemon, mostly fairy, bug and flying types, dancing in the breathtaking meadow.

The view reminded me of my early days of my childhood, when I ignored the pain of the future and just collected flowers with Candy. I closed my eyes, and let the memory fill my heart, for it had already sunk back to oblivion when I opened them again.

vdjdRnM.png

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Charlotte said, with a hint of pride. “Now, let’s go around the lake. If you see in that direction, that house over there is where we’re headed.”

The house looked small from afar, but that was just because the distance across the lake was large. When we arrived, I realized the place was pretty sizeable but without the stiffness associated with noble mansions.

“Charlotte? Anna, Noel? What are you doing here?” asked a pink-haired girl in green dress whom I remembered from somewhere.

“Chillin’,” Charlotte shrugged. “Vanilla and Shelly helped us escape from the stupid orphanage.”

“Erm, Laura, Charlotte,” Noel said and the two girls looked at him. “I think Anna isn’t feeling well.”

Anna, who apparently had exerted herself too much, was looking pale. No wonder she’d been silent all along.

“No, I’m fine. It’s Nostra who isn’t feeling well,” she said.

“Anna, you’re paperwhite,” Noel said, giving her a hand for support.

“Let’s get you inside. I’ll prepare a bed for you to lie down,” Laura agreed.

“Don’t worry about me. I really am fine, it’s just Nostra,” Anna insisted, but followed everyone into the house.

“Yo, Vanilla. Would you mind going into Spinel Town to get us some medicine?” Charlotte asked me.

X1zPl21.png

Since I knew I wouldn’t be much help here, I chose to do it. Since I didn’t have siblings and given that doctors were always available anytime anyone of my immediate acquaintance was sick, I had limited knowledge about how to treat a sick person. However, buying medicine was definitely something I could do.

I rode my bike through Tanzan mountain and then into the forest. At plain sight it looked like any other forest, but as I went further in, I realized that it was an enchanted forest. We had one back in Everland, too, but it was off-limits to anyone unless they were mages of Class 7 and above. Unlike the one in Everland, though, this one didn’t have an aura of dark magic casted on it. Whatever was causing the trees to teleport around, making me walk in circles, was not caused by magic - perhaps by pokemon, since they have strength to do these things but their force does not flow from the same origins as either light or dark magic.

FUNwKc7.png

Eventually, though, I managed to reach Spinel Town after, perhaps, an hour or two of biking. I was exhausted.

“Let’s get the damn medicine and take a little rest before going back into that crazy maze.”

That was my plan, but unfortunately, Spinel Town was affected by the same malady of the enchanted forest; things were disappearing - especially small things like flower pots and in some cases, trees. Never did I expect that such a heavy and large thing like the pokemart could also disappear just before I could reach it.

“Did the whole pokemart disappear just now?” I heard a woman gasp behind me.

Yes, apparently that’s how my luck rolls.

I didn’t need to look for the pokemart for long, however.

On the northeastern part of town was an old-fashioned red brick building, on which veranda the pokemart had landed on. The door to the pokemart, however, was facing outwards, meaning that even if I went in the mansion and went up to the balcony, I wouldn’t be able to access it.

The only option left was to climb the wall, which I was calculating how to do, when a boy of around his mid-teens came out of the mansion’s large white doors.

He looked up, found the pokemart on the top of his house and sighed.

“It’s the pokemart, mom. It landed on top of our house.”

fNwSysm.png

A woman, beautiful despite her faint wrinkles, also came out of the mansion to join the boy who appeared to be her son even if they looked nothing alike.

“Great. No wonder we couldn’t open the doors to the veranda,” she said, placing a hand on her cheek.

She then took notice of me.

“Oh, are you a visitor?” she asked.

“If you are, pretty visitor, you should come in right away,” said the boy.

“No, I was hoping to get medicine from the pokemart. If you don’t mind, I’d like to climb up your mansion’s wall.”

“Goodness,” she sighed. “Please don’t. That is mighty dangerous. I’m sure the mart will change locations soon enough, so why don’t you come in to wait meanwhile?”

The stares from the randomass kid with pointy black hair were rather upsetting, so I was going to decline, but the woman’s timely introduction of her being Serra, the ice-type Gym leader, made me change my mind.

The interior of the house… well, I wasn’t sure what to make of it. Everything was either silver, a sky blue with an emerald tint, or a magenta pink. I guess one could call it extravagant, but I rather thought it was just a product of ill design.

“Well, welcome dear visitor,” the boy said. “I’m Bennett by the way. I’m a lepidopterist - you see, I study butterflies and moths. On that regard, I’ve attained local fame.”

Instead of carrying on with the topic that Bennett proposed, Serra chose to speak of something that was more of interest to me.

“As you already saw, strange things have been happening in this town for a while now,” she sighed and sat on a couch. “Things keep disappearing and appearing randomly, making the whole town a mess. I may be a Gym leader, but buildings dropping on top of each other isn’t something I have the power to solve.”

“Hopefully the pokemart will relocate elsewhere soon,” I said. “Meanwhile, I would like to challenge you to a Gym battle.”

“Sure thing, I must do my Gym leader duties after all.”

“Luna is also a Gym leader,” Bennett interrupted.

“Yes, she is,” Serra said, for some reason not happy with her son mentioning this certain person. “However we’re not talking about her now, and she’s not here.”

“Vanilla, have you at any point seen a young girl with very pretty blonde hair, a fancy monochrome dress and very pretty everything? Sorry to say, you’re pretty but she’s the prettiest of them all.”

“That’s enough, Bennett. I’m sure she’ll come back if she feels like it,” Serra said with a stern voice.

For some reason getting called ‘pretty’ by this creep didn’t feel like a compliment.

Seeing that I wasn’t following the conversation since I didn’t know who this key figure was, Serra explained how Luna was a random Gym leader girl who came knocking on her door and insisted that she was her daughter, even though she clearly wasn’t.

“Just as her coming here was sudden, so was her escape. I think it’s all for the better, though,” Serra shrugged.

If she’s a Gym leader, however, that meant I would have to find her somewhere and battle her eventually. Why can’t the Gym leaders, or people in general, act more normal in this region?

“I’m surprised she hasn’t ended up in Dr Connal’s orphanage,” I rolled my eyes.

“That’s probably because she has living parents,” Serra said. “However, I don’t know how to go about finding them, for it’s not like they’d randomly appear at our doorstep one day.”

Whether chronometrated by fate or the devil, a knock was heard at the main entrance just then.

Bennett, thinking it might be his beloved Luna, ran over to allow her in… only that the person who entered was much older and definitely not Luna.

“Prosperitas, Pax Pacis, Obsequium,” the stranger said, even though none of us understood the language. “My name is El, a servant of our Lord Arceus.”

“Welcome El,” Serra said to the visitor. “If you are hoping to access the pokemart too, I’m afraid you will have to wait since we can’t do anything about it right now.”

“No, my intentions are not such. I have come looking for my daughter, Luna,” El said, and carried on speaking for all three of us were speechless and unable to hide our surprise. “Luna is a child who has lost the Lord’s light. My hope is to find her and direct her on the path to salvation.”

CXI3LBu.png

“My, I wasn’t expecting this at all,” Serra responded. “That is all splendid, but I’m sorry to inform you that Luna has ran away from here too.”

“And to where has she gone? Do you have any ideas?”

“No, she didn’t say where she was going,” Bennett interjected.

“Indeed, unfortunately we have no clues,” Serra concurred. “If you would like, though, you can stay to take a rest. Oh, and we are just about to have a Gym battle, so if you’d like to watch it for entertainment, you are welcome to do so also.”

“That would be most helpful.”

Serra asked Bennett to guide the guest to the Gym field room, which he did right away.

“Vanilla, come join me whenever you’re ready,” Serra said, before disappearing behind the doors directly behind her sofa.

I walked over to talk with Ame as per usual.

“Hello Vanilla, how are you doing?”

“Fine.”

“So you’re at Serra Voclain’s, am I right? She used to be a famous model, so she’s all about beauty and mirrors. In fact, her field is covered in all directions by large mirrors.”

I checked the pokegear when it finished downloading the Field Effect read-out.

“I see that the pokemon in this field suffer from lower accuracy, and it will be a pain in the neck for physical attackers.”

“That is right. That also means that Serra’s pokemon can attack yours from their increased blind spot. Beware of critical hits. And if your pokemon are physical attackers, well, try not to miss, is all I can say.”

“Alright.”

I entered the Gym’s foyer, which apparently was a thing in this Gym, where Bennett and El were waiting even though they should have already moved on to the Gym’s spectator seats.

“Hi Vanilla,” Bennett said with a wide grin. “Before you battle my mother, I’d love it if you’d allow me to battle you too.”

I batted my eyes, and glanced once at El before accepting the challenge. A warm up hurts no one, and if he’s a lepidopterist as he says, the battle will be rather easy with Wolfie’s Stealth Rocks.

aGdnuFg.png

As I expected, the foe suffered greatly from the floating stones - especially his bug/flying type butterflies. In the end, Bennett couldn’t flip the course of the battle, even with the boosted signal beams that posed a great threat for some of my pokemon who lacked defence.

“That was a great showcase of skill,” El clapped. “I see you both have been gifted with Arceus’ light.”

“I don’t believe it’s any such thing as ‘light’, but instead diligence and commitment,” Bennett said, and I internally agreed.

“Such diligence will indeed take you far,” El nodded. “However, Bennett. Would you believe me if I told you that you’re dreaming too small?”

Bennett looked at him with one eyebrow raised.

“That is, you aspire to be a Gym leader, but I am sure that with your natural gift and diligence, you could even join the Elite Four.”

I checked Bennett, and he was dumbstruck with his eyes wide open.

“Are you serious, sir? Ugh, but I still have a long way to go.”

“Perhaps,” El said. “But I believe you are close to attaining that level of skill. Let us discuss the details elsewhere, shall we?”

“Right away, sir!”

8gprt8g.png

Before El passed me, though, he showed me a slight bow.

“Blessings to you too, Vanilla,” he said. “Do remember. Everything is reflected in the eyes of the Lord.”

Once he left the foyer, I spat at him imagining him standing there.

“As if there was such ‘Lord’ I ought to fear.”

When I opened the doors to the Gym field, I realized I could barely walk myself from the many reflections of myself. The mirror wasn’t straight like I supposed it would be - instead, it was as though a couple thousand mirror soccer balls had been fitted into the walls, the ceiling and the floor.

“I see you’re puzzled by this field,” Serra chuckled. “It is normal. Mirrors are beautiful, but like everything that is beautiful, they are dangerous as well.”

“Sounds about right,” I shrugged.

“This battle will not be a battle of strength alone. The most sneaky pokemon will win.”

t6lEOBf.png

Spoiler

Serra’s battle style, even though not as coordinated or as fiery as Charlotte’s, was elegant and charming. She definitely knew how to make all of her pokemon look like supermodels. It was a shame, if I may say it, that even though she clearly amassed a great fortune and was still beautiful despite her age, she was bitter and depressed. It was no guesswork - one merely had to listen her comments during the battle, where she described her life as shattered mirrors.

When the battle concluded with my win, her first comment was that she had “already reached her breaking point”. Whatever she could have meant by that, I could hardly imagine.

Even then, she gave me the badge and the TM for Aurora Veil with a smile.

“I suppose that is the end of the show,” she said, just when the floor shaked and we both almost slipped on the mirror. “... Or not. Who wants to bet that that was the pokemon center falling on top of our house now?”

We headed out of the Gym field room.

Unbeknownst to us was a certain talk that was taking place just outside of the mansion.

Spoiler
  • Charlotte, Anna, Noel, Cain, Heather, Shelly: Remain the same.
  • Bennett: 3/10 Can't tell whether he's trying to be amiable or not but he just strikes me as a plain creepy kid.
  • Serra: 5/10 She's nice even if visibly bitter.
  • El: 2/10 What does he mean that the Lord is watching me? F*ck you and f*ck your Lord.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow, somehow I didn't think that you would be covering all the way through the gym battle here.  I guess I though the forest would take longer.   Anyway, time for Bennet to get his creep on.

On as side note, I've always wondered why Ame (in canon Reborn) never commented on the happenings in Reborn during the gym talks.  I get keeping professionalism, but it seems like you busting out orphans would be as big of news as the doctor made it out to be, which would cause Ame to make some sort of comment.

4 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Wow, somehow I didn't think that you would be covering all the way through the gym battle here.  I guess I though the forest would take longer.   Anyway, time for Bennet to get his creep on.

On as side note, I've always wondered why Ame (in canon Reborn) never commented on the happenings in Reborn during the gym talks.  I get keeping professionalism, but it seems like you busting out orphans would be as big of news as the doctor made it out to be, which would cause Ame to make some sort of comment.

Tru, even Gossip Gardovoir talks about it, so I don't see why not. At least a-la-Ame-style passive comment ("I hear you've been busy lately with babysitting?")

And yah I was like, let's cover this whole stuff cram it all~~~ because I'm lagging behind on writing compared to gameplay haha

This is popcorn-munching worth stuff, dude.

*follows*

<--- did I make this comment earlier? Text autoreloaded it

I really like the fact that you're not judging characters of what they'll eventually turn out to be, considering you already know what they are. Well oops, this is Vanilla after all, not you :P

Good going!

2 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

This is popcorn-munching worth stuff, dude.

*follows*

<--- did I make this comment earlier? Text autoreloaded it

I really like the fact that you're not judging characters of what they'll eventually turn out to be, considering you already know what they are. Well oops, this is Vanilla after all, not you :P

Good going!

*Buys a bucketful of popcorn*

*Gives it to RedAlert*

Thanks~ :D It's difficult to keep it "blind" in a sense, but I just try to remember what I thought of the characters on my first ever run haha

• Like 1

I like Battles the most about this,

Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful story and Vanilla is my kind of girl(badass),

But you are a smart battler,

It is very fun and unfrustrating(is this word even exists?) to watch.

Kore kare wa Ganbatte!

2 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

I like Battles the most about this,

Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful story and Vanilla is my kind of girl(badass),

But you are a smart battler,

It is very fun and unfrustrating(is this word even exists?) to watch.

Kore kare wa Ganbatte!

Hehe keep your hopes up for PULSE Abra and Dittoceus, because contrary to popular belief, I didn't use Cinderella's Destiny Bond for all these boss battles hahaha

• Haha 1

Serra got lucky. I think out of every Vanilla 1st meets, she's been the nicest to Serra so far. Loved the interaction between those 2 as well with Bennett and El. Geez. You're blowing right through these. I'm gonna have to restart my ManlyLocke Challenge if this keeps happening. xD Can't wait for the next update though!

• Thanks 1

Seems like Vanilla is really getting things done.

Haven't caught up recently for the last couple episodes (I have been way too busy this past week), and I love winding down reading this!

Vanilla's character and her take on all the characters is great! Can't wait to see how she deals with Ramodus and Gossip Gardevoir next!

• Like 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Giveawaytumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Hello everyone, Candy here~ Hope you're enjoying my cousin's adventures in Reborn :D

As you probably know, this run's implicit rule is that Vanilla can only use the 12 shiny pokemon that I bred for her. This makes things interesting for the readers and for me (but perhaps frustrating for Vanilla, who has to come up with strategies). That means she can catch wild shiny encounters, but she can't use them in battle...

Now, here's a little anecdote about a side quest.

Vanilla went to inspect the Byxbysion Grotto, in search for more resources (word of mouth was that you could get a focus sash somewhere). She did find what she was looking for, and defeated Mr. Bigglesworth... because you know, Vanilla isn't exactly the hugging type (Poor Mr. Bigglesworth).

Then, however, she found an interesting light-brown stone pillar which was a little broken and missing a piece. Since she didn't have a keystone to fit into the hole, she just shrugged it off and started mining the glowing rocks... when, lo-and-behold! She found an Odd Keystone in the glowing stone right next to the brittle column!

Since now she had the missing stone, she thought might as well fit it in and see what happens.

Out came a Lv40 shiny spiritomb! Of course, Vanilla didn't miss the chance to capture a shiny pokemon, and successfully caught it in a dusk ball.

That means Vanilla has a shiny Spiritomb that's just sitting in the PC.

She asked me whether I wanted it, but you see, I'm a breeder. Caring for people's pokemon to give them their offspring is my job. Poor spiritomb would be wasted on me, since I'm not a trainer :/

That's when I thought of you guys :D

Here's the lovely spiritomb, who of course has random IVs since it was caught:

Spoiler

5a9cab65e7621_ScreenShot2018-03-03at11_52_48PM.png.f1b0794ff6b1d1366306429a5220f4f2.png

Its IVs aren't too bad if you want to make it a physical attacker, me thinks?

This is your chance to get a pokemon from the one-and-only Vanilla (who is becoming famous, right right~?) :D

I guess just to make stuffs fun, I'll add five questions below. If you're the first person to answer all five correct, the spiritomb is yours~

1. What is Vanilla's code name while she was part of the Defiance?

2. Which line is Vanilla a descendant from - Hansel's or Gretel's?

3. Who was Vanilla's crush? Vanilla if you're reading this, please don't kill me

4. What is the name of the forest that marks the eastern edge of Everland?

5. Which region had Candy been a champion of, before settling down in Reborn?

That's all folks~ Have fun answering the questions and winning the spiritomb :P

... Inb4 no one is interested and the poor shiny gets sentenced to a life-time PC imprisonment.

• Like 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 28tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

When I joined Serra in her living room, she seemed low in spirits, even more than how she had been since I met her. I wondered for a second whether the Pokémon Center had really fallen on top of the mansion.

“Good news Vanilla,” she said, though her expression didn't convey such. “The pokemart disappeared from our balcony, though I can't tell for sure where it'll appear.”

“Good,” I said and thought about leaving, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to walk out the door and leave the woman alone.

“Something troubles you?” I asked, knowing fully well that I would regret it and that I was acting out of character.

Serra looked at me with a face that had exhaustion written all over it.

pOkzbUw.png

“Well, Bennett has left me a note. He has left semi-permanently together with El.”

I listened but didn't say anything, expecting Serra to want to speak more.

“Everything has a tendency to leave me, so by now I should be used to it,” she sighed looking down.

“Your son decided to walk his own path. You have accomplished your duty of child rearing. I don't see what is there to be gloomy about.”

“That is because you have never had a child,” she said, and I can't say I didn't expect her to say it. “When you have sacrificed so much of your time and energy for a single person, it feels like your heart goes empty when they leave.”

“Perhaps, but I didn't think you looked happy while he was here either.”

Serra was quite stunned, but then her eyes softened and her rigid cheeks gave way to a smile.

“You seem to give your opinion freely, regardless of social decorum,” she pointed out.

“Yes, I know,” I nodded. “People follow certain norms to keep peace in society, and to be liked by others. Since I'm interested in neither of those, I don't see a point in circumventing things or adding unnecessary fluff to my language.”

“You contrast with me, given that my career was all about being the most likeable personality. Even now, when my days are spent in this house and this small town, I guess the habit has stuck with me.”

I saw Serra move on the couch a bit to casually make space for me to sit, but I didn't. If I did, the distance between her and me would be less than my personal comfortable distance.

“Now that Bennett has left, perhaps you should follow his example and resume your life.”

“It's common knowledge that modeling careers have an early expiration date,” Serra said with her eyes closed. “Unfortunately for me, I'm already passed the due date.”

I shook my head sideways.

“Even if I don't understand child rearing or even the people who decide to have children, I'm sure I'm not wrong when I say that parenting isn't a death sentence. What about starting an acting career? One in fashion design?” I said with cold civility. “You are an adult and older than me, so I won't try to change your thoughts - it's too late for that. However, if you want to rot alone in this mansion, that's all your choice.”

That was the last thing I said, because Serra politely asked to be left alone as she was going to meditate in her room.

iwOY9k4.png

When I exited the Voclain manse, Nilla buzzed in my ear. Her face was had her eyebrows droopy.

“I merely told her what others think when they look at her, but are too afraid to actually say,” I explained.

Nilla buzzed again, and looked at the door behind us.

“You're afraid I might have depressed her?” I asked, and the ladybug did a little turn in the air. “If you are, look for her in one of the second floor rooms.”

I pointed to several windows, some which were open.

Nilla understood the message, and instantly flew up to the westernmost window. From there, she diligently checked every room, until apparently she hit the jackpot on the window before last. She used her whole body to knock on the window, which Serra eventually opened.

I couldn't hear or see anything from where I stood, but when Nilla came back down, I saw Serra looking at me from the window and waving. I raised my hand for a moment, and shifted my focus to finding the pokemart. The kids must be wondering why I'm taking so long to get a single bottle of medicine.

The damned thing wasn't even in this town anymore. I had to bike through the enchanted forest again, wasting another hour or two just to get out.

During the ride, though, Nilla cried out and clung to my back once.

“What is it,” I asked.

The ladybug raised her face but it was pale and visibly scared.

“Did you see a ghost or something?” I patted her head until she was feeling better.

It wasn't too long after that, that we found the western border of the forest.

Interestingly, the pokemart was just there, neighboring the forest. I bought the medicine and took the opportunity to buy some goods for my team as well.

“You sure took your time,” Charlotte criticized when she saw me entering her family house.

“You wouldn't believe the shit show happening in that town,” I replied, placing the bottle of medicine on her hand.

“Glad you weren’t hurt or something,” she shrugged. “You should go comfort Shelly over there.”

She pointed to Shelly, who was sitting on a chair at the table in the corner. She shrunk when she saw me looking at her, but smiled shyly.

“Did something happen to her?” I said, since she didn’t seem hurt or anything.

“No, but she has been waiting for your return for hours. I just happened to come down to see if she wanted some tea moments ago.”

I blinked twice. Then I put two plus two together so I walked over to Shelly.

s2vqCZ6.png

“Sorry for making you worry,” I said, even though the words burned my tongue. “Don’t worry, though. I wasn’t going to place your pokemon in danger anyway.”

Shelly looked up at me with round eyes.

“Ah, um… that’s…” she said, trying to form her thoughts into a coherent sentence, but in the end she gave up. “It’s fine.”

I raised an eyebrow, but looked away when I heard Charlotte purposefully sighing loudly and running up the stairs to give Anna the medicine. Shelly followed her with equal haste, but I went with a more relaxed pace.

“Here Anna, this medicine will make you feel better,” Charlotte said.

She opened the bottle and gave it to her.

“Oh, Vanilla. You went to get Nostra some medicine? Thank you,” Anna smiled and proceeded to pour the hard-earned medicine all over her Jirachi doll.

“Anna!” many exclaimed at once.

McAM2EH.png

I'm glad everyone's attention was on Anna, for I wouldn't have wanted them to see me making murderous faces at a little girl. Anna, oblivious to everyone's thoughts, jumped off the bed with an incredibly better semblance.

Right then though, the door downstairs flung open and we all froze in place as we heard frantic footsteps coming upstairs.

“What is everyone doing here?” asked the stranger, whom I remember from an exchange of gazes in front of the orphanage.

“Ah Saphira, it's you,” Laura let out a breath of relief. “Don't scare us like that.”

“There's no time for chitchat right now,” Saphira said. “Team Meteor and the Doctor are headed this way right now.”

Everyone gasped and started freaking out among themselves until Saphira shouted for everyone to shut up.

“Listen. Team Meteor is moving on boats through the lake so that we have no route of escape. I'll give them a lovely light show of Draco Meteor, since they love meteorites. The kids must find places to hide, and Laura and you, albino girl, must be the first line of defense. Got me?”

Saphira said just that, sent me a sharp look and left us to our own devices.

“Alright, Anna and Noel can stay here, and Laura will guard the second floor,” Charlotte commanded. “Shelly can stay in the kitchen while Vanilla and I take care of everything that comes in through the first floor door.”

“No, Charlotte. You will stay in the kitchen with Shelly. I don't want you to put yourself in danger,” Laura said, showcasing a little of her responsibility as older sister.

“Agh. Whatever. Let's take our positions then,” the little punk said and practically jumped down the stairs.

qiyWMu0.png

Even though Laura and I would be pulling the whole weight, fighting all those who came into the house, I wasn’t even mad. My pokemon are growing into my reliable partners, but I also needed to practice more. Sometimes I forget the type match-ups, or don’t foresee that the foe will have a move that is super-effective move against my pokemon, which has made some battles too dangerous for my liking. In the future, when I fight stronger foes, such amateur mistakes could be the difference between win and loss, life and death.

Such were my thoughts when our first guests arrived.

“I have no intention of fighting you again,” was what Dr Connal said as he came in and saw me standing in the center of the living room. “My staff will take care of you while I go upstairs.”

“Don’t think you’ll have an easy time up there,” I said, remembering a passing comment that Laura was one of the Reborn Elite Four.

In the meantime, I dealt with the small fry that the Doctor brought with him. Just when I was finishing up a 2-vs-1 battle, though, the entrance opened again, and a man dressed all in black entered. He was drenched in water, though it wasn’t raining outside.

2hMVnFk.png

“That damned woman,” he said with rough breathing. When he raised his face and I saw his eyepatch, I recognized him as none other than Meteor Admin Sirius.

“If you ask me, you’re the damned bunch,” I said.

Sirius frowned at me and walked forward. It was just my intuition, but Laura wasn’t going to be happy with how this guy was wetting the living room’s wooden floor.

“Looks like Saphira forced you to take a bath,” I sneered. “If you die from pneumonia, don’t invite me to your funeral.”

“Stop with the irony, and send out your pokemon. If you’re trying to stop us, you must be ready to fight.”

“That goes without saying.”

lWD5WRe.png

I sent out Kame, who welcomed the battle with an extra splash of water on top of Sirius. The man’s face was beyond describing - on a different timeline, I might have even laughed. The man sent out minior, who despite having increased defences while on shelled form, went down with one hit of Muddy Water. He then sent out chandelure, which was an odd choice given I was working with a water type. However, the damn lamp almost knocked out Kame with a single Energy Ball, which probably was Sirius’ intent. On top of that, the speedy pokemon dodged the Muddy Water, so I had to ask Kame to use one Aqua Jet before it went down. Next up was Wolfie, who being faster than the chandelure, knocked it out with Rock Slide. To deal with his seviper, I sent out Aladdin, and the snake went down with just Fake Out and Psycho Cut. Toucannon looked like a dangerous opponent, but the poor bird didn’t even get to attack after receiving a Rock Slide from Wolfie. Against the tyrantrum, I decided to give Queen of Hearts a debut chance. I had trained her up on the side, and now was a reliable pokemon with STAB Trop Kick, Play Rough, Hi Jump Kick and Teeter Dance. The only problem was that she had strength but not speed. That’s why when tyrantrum used Dragon Dance to set up on her, she was almost knocked out by Dragon Claw. However, she managed to overcome the hit and revenge fossilize the dinosaur back to the ground. The last pokemon was a golisopod, which I clearly was ill prepared for, since its bug type weaknesses, fire and rock, were filled in by its secondary water type. Still, I thought I could defeat it by team effort… only that I got lucky and Wolfie flinched the giant bug with Rock Slide, and one more was just enough to make it faint.

Sirius looked disappointed and perhaps gloomy, but I attributed that to the amount of water that was dropping off his hair tips onto his face.

“I swear I don’t plan on leaving empty-handed after losing so many of my men,” Sirius said from in between his clenched teeth.

“Looks like you’re out of luck,” I shrugged. “If you want, I can break your nose and allow you to carry your blood on your hands.”

Just then, though, we heard a loud shriek upstairs.

“All the jokes were fun and games,” Sirius smirked. “But the best part is who laughs last. Are you going to waste your time here stopping me, when you could lend a hand to your comrades upstairs?”

I knew I couldn’t guarantee the safety of the twins upstairs. Even if I ran up, the Doctor could as well have gotten away with them already. I wasn’t stupid. Once I left my post, Sirius was going to start searching the first floor and find Charlotte and Shelly in the kitchen.

“I was put in charge to guard the first floor,” I said. “And I don’t plan on moving an inch.”

“Do as you wish. To me it makes no difference, since I won't be here to listen to your regrets.”

The Doctor’s staff, Sirius and I actually stood there for less than a minute, though the silence was awkward enough to make me want to choke the other three just to be left alone.

Just then, though, a person I dislike by default entered and helped to relax the atmosphere.

“Fuck off. Didn’t you learn your lesson at the lake?” Saphira asked Sirius. As she came closer to him, he moved backwards step by step, until he bumped into me.

“My pokemon got all the action, but I could brush off my skills,” I said, cracking my knuckles.

x4KCfWS.png

“I’m not scared of a little girl in a pink dress,” Sirius laughed. “However, I’m also not going to play house with you two. Until next time… or never.”

He used the gassy trick again, and left together with the Doctor’s orderlies. Hence I was there with the girl with the murderous aura. I felt the air around us tensing by the second.

“Why do you look at me like that?” she asked.

“Why don’t you ask yourself that question?” I replied. “Even as a stranger, you seemed to have something against me back at Lapis.”

Saphira flipped her hair, and shifted her weight from one leg to another.

“You instinctively ring my untrustworthy alarm,” she shrugged. “I don’t want any risks of danger close to my sisters.”

I smirked.

“How ironic.”

“What was that?” Saphira asked, but I shook my head.

“There was someone crying upstairs. Maybe you should check your sister out instead of wasting your time with me.”

Saphira widened her eyes and ran over to the staircase, but it wasn’t necessary. Laura came down by herself, moving with random and unnatural twitches.

“Laura, are you alright? What happened?”

“The Doctor… h-he didn’t even try to fight,” Laura explained. “He u-used his pokemon directly against me. Like b-back at the orphanage.”

Saphira embraced her shaky sister.

“H-he took the twins. We h-have to save them.”

“Yes, I will do it. You have to rest and get better,” Saphira said, looking at Laura’s eyes.

Laura nodded, and the older sister escorted her to a nearby couch.

“Where is Charlotte?” Saphira asked me.

I bobbed my head in the direction of the kitchen. She patted her sister on the head, and walked with long strides to the kitchen, but when she passed by me, she asked me to follow her.

Shelly and Charlotte were unharmed in the kitchen. After Saphira explained the situation with the twins, Charlotte immediately volunteered to go together with Saphira to rescue them.

“No, you will stay here,” she said in a stern tone.

“But why? You know I’m perfectly able to fight those idiots off.”

I agreed, but overprotective older sister was having none of it.

“I’m not going to place my family in risk,” she said. “Vanilla will come with me.”

ICLQuEY.png

The two girls’ eyes shifted away from Saphira and focused on me. I hadn’t been following the conversation that closely, so I was at a loss on dragon-girl’s logic.

“What?” I blurted out. “You just said you don’t trust me a couple of minutes ago.”

“That’s why you’re coming with me,” Saphira responded. “I can keep an eye on you, and you can prove your trustworthiness if you perform well.”

“B-but, that’s dangerous… um, actually, Charlotte is a strong g-gym leader. More t-than, um, sorry but, um Vanilla,” Shelly stuttered.

Saphira looked at Shelly as though she had realized her existence for the first time now.

“Let’s be honest here. I don’t really need a partner to fight off those losers,” dragon-girl said. “But I want to get to know Vanilla better.”

“I can’t say I feel the same about you,” I rolled my eyes, but could still feel Saphira’s sharp gaze on me.

“You will come. No choices. Get ready, now,” she ordered, purposely bumped her shoulder against mine and left the kitchen.

“Guess that’s that,” I sighed. “I’d rather have gone alone than with that sociopath, but whatever.”

I also left the kitchen, but heard Charlotte making an intriguing comment to Shelly.

“Wasn’t it a rule?” she said. “Opposites attract, likes repel.”

Spoiler
  • Anna (+1): 6/10 For pulling such a stunt... what do you mean it wasn't a stunt?
  • Laura: 4/10 Can't say I'm disappointed an Elite Four member couldn't use her pokemon (don't any know the move "protect"?) to protect herself from the Doctor's sick move.
  • Saphira: 2/10 I guess she's a good sister, but no thanks.
  • Dr Connal (-1): -1/10 Using electric moves on a human again? What a dick move.

• Like 4

Wow. So this was weird for me for 2 reasons.

1. Vanilla felt compelled to talk to Serra and figure out what was wrong and try to help... In an "I don't care what I say hurts you" kind of way.

2. Saphira is.... Well fuck it. She's basically making Vanilla her bitch. I mean that's honestly how I see it. Which is so strange but also interesting.

And please, PLEASE don't kill the Illumise. I can't stand to see more Pokemon deaths. We've already seen 2... and prob more because the Team Meteor grunts that were killed on the lake sank to the bottom of the lake most likely with PokeBalls on them that contained Pokemon... Wow. I just realized there are WAY more Pokemon deaths in this game than I thought. Anyways, I really can't wait to see the interaction between those 2 in the next Episode. Buuuut this also means I'm gonna have to get on my ManlyLocke Challenge Run soon too. xD

7 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Wow. So this was weird for me for 2 reasons.

1. Vanilla felt compelled to talk to Serra and figure out what was wrong and try to help... In an "I don't care what I say hurts you" kind of way.

2. Saphira is.... Well fuck it. She's basically making Vanilla her bitch. I mean that's honestly how I see it. Which is so strange but also interesting.

And please, PLEASE don't kill the Illumise. I can't stand to see more Pokemon deaths. We've already seen 2... and prob more because the Team Meteor grunts that were killed on the lake sank to the bottom of the lake most likely with PokeBalls on them that contained Pokemon... Wow. I just realized there are WAY more Pokemon deaths in this game than I thought. Anyways, I really can't wait to see the interaction between those 2 in the next Episode. Buuuut this also means I'm gonna have to get on my ManlyLocke Challenge Run soon too. xD

1. I felt it was weird too, but perhaps it ain't for Vanilla is known to treat those who are much older than her with cold respect xD Though sometimes I feel her keeping her mouth shut would be better (the few times she talks, she talks too much haha).

2. Let's see if Vanilla will allow Saphira to do as she pleases :P Like Charlotte alluded, they're like each other (violent, "edgy", leader-like, selfish(?), to give a few traits) so they tend to clash.

Let's hope Vanilla can keep her promise to Shelly and keep Illumise from danger. Poor pokemon. I wonder if you scoop the pokeballs out of the lake and try to avoid short-circuits, you could rescue the pokemon outta there...

This time I couldn't use your videos much since I had battled Sigmund before. Took me a while to remember how things progressed in this house haha

7 hours ago, ArcherEric said:

vanilla turn from a kuudere to a tsundere

shes going to become victoria no.2, but more badass

Do you think? To me, she just looks like the oblivious senpai xD

5 hours ago, Corso said:

Trop Kick, Play Rough, High Jump Kick and Teeter Dance :thonking:

Jk Nice battle (Teeter Dance is OP imo).

Also IT'S GETTING CLOSER HYPE x2!!

If yaw have set recommendations, I'm happy to hear 'em~ Right now Tsareena is like extra fairy (main being Slurpuff) and fighting type (main being Medicham) player. The hype is increasing indeed, but don't expect it to explode anytime soon ;) the best dishes are served on a cold stomach muwahahaha