SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

On 8/26/2018 at 11:05 AM, Waynolt said:

It helped 🙂

In case you're wondering:

- the NoTMXNeeded error was due to a "break" command that shouldn't have been there
- the ShowStatBoosts error I wasn't able to replicate, thus I'm not 100% sure about what caused it or if it is fixed now; in any case, the bitmap creation and check are now a little bit improved, and hopefully this will be enough to prevent that error

I also had the Statboosts error the other day. If it helps at all with discerning the cause, when I was getting the error, I was in the Teknite cave, using Power Gem with a Sableye to create the Crystal Cave field. It wasn't constantly occurring, and seemed somewhat random as to when it would cause a script error or not. I wound up having to temporarily delete that particular mod to progress through the area.

12 hours ago, Spark Dynamo said:

I also had the Statboosts error the other day. If it helps at all with discerning the cause, when I was getting the error, I was in the Teknite cave, using Power Gem with a Sableye to create the Crystal Cave field. It wasn't constantly occurring, and seemed somewhat random as to when it would cause a script error or not. I wound up having to temporarily delete that particular mod to progress through the area.

Alright, doing this I can get an error with SWM v42 when any Boldore uses Explosion (actually my netbook freezes completely, which I'm taking as its way of not being able to handle what happened).
With v43 instead it works fine, thus the improved code does help.
It might be an unrelated bug that got fixed in the crossfire, but since it's the only one i was able to get i'm going to assume it's the same problem and it is fixed, at least until it happens again in v43.

22 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Alright, doing this I can get an error with SWM v42 when any Boldore uses Explosion (actually my netbook freezes completely, which I'm taking as its way of not being able to handle what happened).
With v43 instead it works fine, thus the improved code does help.
It might be an unrelated bug that got fixed in the crossfire, but since it's the only one i was able to get i'm going to assume it's the same problem and it is fixed, at least until it happens again in v43.

Good to hear, and thank you.

Uhm, sneaking in new components is fun, but I feel I should say something anyway...

Ok, I've added 3 more mods to the pack:

- FindInPC lets the player use the box options (jump, wallpaper, etc) to find items/eggs/mons in the pc and jump to their box, and is the result of having to manually look for the starters for a certain quest. It can look for incomplete words (example: "char" will return both Charizard and Chimchar).

- MultiSelectPC lets the player move multiple mons in the PC.

- PredictRelationshipValues lets the player use the move Psychic out of combat to read NPCs' minds and know their disposition towards the MC (essentially it prints out the relationship variables); it interacts with NoTMXNeeded if you get its TM.

Since I've just finished my E18 run, those won't have the same amount of testing as the other mods in the pack.
FindInPC and PredictRelationshipValues should be pretty harmless, but MultiSelectPC actually does change things in the PC and is thus the one to be careful about... if you notice anything strange while using them, don't save the game. 😛

• Like 1

• Global Mods
21 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

- FindInPC lets the player use the box options (jump, wallpaper, etc) to find items/eggs/mons in the pc and jump to their box, and is the result of having to manually look for the starters for a certain quest. It can look for incomplete words (example: "char" will return both Charizard and Chimchar).

- MultiSelectPC lets the player move multiple mons in the PC.

😮

how is it bugged? cant really say wether it is or not without information as to what is happening that seems like a bug

do we need the mouse mod to be able to use multiselectPC or something cuz i generally dont use the  mouse mod but if i have to in order to be able to mass migrate mons then so be it

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

do we need the mouse mod to be able to use multiselectPC

No; each mod is designed to be both able to work on its own and to be able to work together with the others.
If it doesn't work alone or doesn't work with another one, then that's a bug.

5 hours ago, blackw said:

The statboost seems to be bugged, I still use the previous template I posted here

Sorry, but I agree with ArcBolt27 here... what is the bug?
The only problem I can see is a graphical glitch in the top-right corner of Malamar's stat box, but that's probably because the new template doesn't account for a slight difference between the "friend" and "foe" bars (which is why there are 2 of each stat box in the png file: the top row is for foes, the bottom row is for friends).

• Like 1

Guest Relinquished

This mod keeps getting better and better! Thank you, Waynolt! Especially the latest additions, like the Psychic reading of relationship points, even beats the need to enable debug menu (let alone all the time it saves you, from manually searching in the variables list)!

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Sorry, but I agree with ArcBolt27 here... what is the bug?
The only problem I can see is a graphical glitch in the top-right corner of Malamar's stat box, but that's probably because the new template doesn't account for a slight difference between the "friend" and "foe" bars (which is why there are 2 of each stat box in the png file: the top row is for foes, the bottom row is for friends).

...that is the bug
SoOoOoOooo how would I fix that?

5 hours ago, blackw said:

...that is the bug
SoOoOoOooo how would I fix that?

Moving the entire bottom row a few pixels to the right should be enough.
EDIT: Well, assuming that a similar glitch happens with the numbers too; if the numbers appear in the correct place, then simply moving the row is a start but won't be enough. 😛

3 hours ago, lolokxd said:

Where is the Scripts.rxdata for this one? I'd like to be able to use the Stat Boosts Mod but I was told it wouldn't let me withou t that.

The game's original Scripts.rxdata contains the code necessary for the modular mods to function properly, so there is no need for another Scripts.rxdata. All you have to do is copy the Mods folder into the Data folder and you should be set.

4 hours ago, trailflare7 said:

The game's original Scripts.rxdata contains the code necessary for the modular mods to function properly, so there is no need for another Scripts.rxdata. All you have to do is copy the Mods folder into the Data folder and you should be set.

Yeah, I get that, but only time it worked was when I had no mods for Reborn.

1 hour ago, DeathBoo said:

For some reason, when I select the Sunny Weather wether its harsh or not it won't work. It works fine with all the other weathers but this one.

Sunny weather i think depents on the time as well. For example in night time you want have any results. I think it only works in daytime and in the mornings, not sure though.

31 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

Sunny weather i think depents on the time as well. For example in night time you want have any results. I think it only works in daytime and in the mornings, not sure though.

It still doesn't work, not in the mornings nor the daytime

EDIT: Nevermind im an idiot, thanks.