With the latest installment of the Reborn game fast approaching, it's probably high time we recognize how far it has come. Fifteen episodes of content that are years in the making have brought so many people in the community together, producing an incredible variety of fan content ranging from sketches and sprites to several let's play series and even entire other fangames! It's very clear how invested in this game its playerbase is and how much they excitedly anticipate the next release. Plus, the consistently active speculation topics make player interest all the more clear.

The developers are also excited to share the new content with you, waiting with bated breath to see how the players react to the secrets and surprises and all of the events that await them in the upcoming plot sequences and what sorts of amazing fan creations that they come up with.

Unfortunately, a single spoiler can ruin all of that, both the interest and excitement of the player and the anticipation of the developers. From the developer's side, it can be disappointing and disheartening when you see something you were waiting to see surprised reactions on get exposed early or outside of its context, and from a player's side it can kill excitement and interest when something gets revealed in that way. When people spoil things, everyone loses.

Therefore, our stance on spoilers for the content of the Reborn game is that they are not acceptable. With this in mind, we are enacting a new spoiler-lock policy after new releases, which will last until one month after each episode's public release date.

This new policy is further supported by the site rules, most notably rule 5:

5- Respect others' gaming choices

Not everyone plays the game at the rapid-fire pace of those who download the new episode and rush to complete its content within the first few hours or so. Thus, the onus is on you, the players, to respect that choice other players have made and not spoil its content for them.

During this time, we ask that topics on the forums containing Reborn game spoilers be marked [spoiler!] as such. Spoiler-containing statuses will be removed if posted and, in addition to posted spoiler-lock informing topics, a forum warning for spoiler use will be added. It will not have any warning points attached to it, but note that repeated intentional infractions may have further consequence.

Chat in the lobby that contains game spoilers should use the spoiler markdown that Pokemon Showdown has. To use it, type 'spoiler:' or 'spoilers:' and any text following this will be hidden by a grey box that will reveal the hidden text on mouseover. Note that it plays nicely with capitalization and other markdown (bold, italics, strikethrough) as well.

However, we do understand that talking about the game is also something important to preserve. To that end, we've set up an official chat room on the server named "E15 Discussion" to allow users to talk about E15 spoilers freely outside of the main lobby chat. Using this chat over the lobby for discussing the new episode would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, as I started my venture into Reborn as a player first, I know how excited people are for the upcoming releases. Sometimes spoilers can be really enticing to talk about too - learning a big secret like that can make you just itch to tell people or tease them with it. While that sort of interaction can be fun, we ask that you respect the investment that other players who don't want to be spoiled have and this new policy on spoilers.

~ Blind Guardian

.... oh and those of you looking for spoilers, here:

spoiler-alert.jpg

81629d1329491346-new-rear-spoiler-stupid

funny-car-spoilers-3.jpg

sorry I couldn't help myself. :x

here's an actual spoiler though:

literal-spoiler-alert-31958-1285142635-6

:]

Aw come on Dan, you do this big ol' post about "no spoilers" and then you post massive spoilers down below it and UGH. This is just ridiculous.

In all seriousness though, I hear you loud and clear. No one likes spoilers. I mean seriously when people try to spoil big moments in games, movies, books, ect, I just get so upset. Like one time after beating Bioshock, I was in a chat room discussing it and one guy was about to give spoilers on the game's plot and I pretty much had to yell at him "Would you kindly shut the hell up?" That's just because I'm a gentleman though.

A much needed feature but isn't 1 month too long though? Some people (like me) could forget when the episode was out and "get in trouble" because of it. One week (two at most) should be plenty of time for everyone to finish an episode (the "story" part at least).

Another thing: why the "official room" where you can freely talk about the next ep is only on the server? Can't we have one here too?

• Administrators

K

Lelouch dies

the fan base is actually pretty torn on whether he's really dead last I remember, but good effort

Looking forward to the release of Episode 15. n_n

Let's catch some more powerful Dragons like Axew, finally something worthwhile.

couldn't agree more on both acounts

Can't people who wanna discuss spoilers name the topic of their thread 'spoiler alert' or 'read at your own risk' or something like that?

And isn't a month like waayyy too long?

(Sigh...I know reborn is bigger than ever but it's still a game.)

• Administrators

Can't people who wanna discuss spoilers name the topic of their thread 'spoiler alert' or 'read at your own risk' or something like that?

During this time, we ask that topics on the forums containing Reborn game spoilers be marked [spoiler!] as such.

Yes, that was clearly addressed.

We decided on a month because it was the simplest thing that came up off the bat; this certainly isn't set in stone for later releases.

Yes, hence any topic with spoilers in them we ask that you name them '[spoiler!]This is a topic name'

A month really isn't too long if you ask me. Not everyone sits down and finishes it within the first week or so that it comes out.

Reborn is still a game that others would like to be able to enjoy without having the story events spoiled and hence somewhat ruining the experience for them.

I'm not sure what others have in store to the fullest extent, but either me or one of the other auth will open a dedicated spoilers thread that will be pinned in the Reborn City forum.

• Support Squad

I mean, a fair few people who make a topic they know will be story intensive actually have the sense to put spoiler in even before this has been put into effect anyway

• Administrators

I mean, a fair few people who make a topic they know will be story intensive actually have the sense to put spoiler in even before this has been put into effect anyway

Right, but this is more just so that everyone knows we're taking an official stance on the matter.

And ^ @ Tacos

I'm always happy when I can play a new Pokemon Reborn episodes because they have more twists and turn then an expert contortionist and always strings my attention and dedication along for the whole ride.

also I know how much a spoiler can ruin everything which makes it all the more amusing how much the reborn community has mastered the art of being vague while being helpfull when it comes to spoilers

L dies and so does Light

Edited by mwijsman

why are people using the spoiler tag if this topic is supposed to have spoilers anyway

I'm surprised this never been addressed before. Even if you don't care about spoilers, there are people that do.

So yes, good topic Grandan \o/

btw, the "one month" thing is only related to story related spoilers? Or any kind of spoilers (a.k.a pokémon locations/events )

I have to admit I'm pretty excited for the new update. I'm new to the forums but I've been playing this game on and off since 2013 or 2012 and really just want to say thank you for the game. It's really enjoyable, honestly I like it better than the actual official series.

cool.

In all seriousness though, the whole [spoilers!] thing is a great idea! although, isn't a month a bit too long for e15? I've heard that

e15's gonna be short?

so wouldnt it make more sense for the [spoiler!] thing to last for a shorter time period, since -most- people would get the episode done in less than a month? Either way, its a great concept!

Edited by Sinikuro013