Site/Server Suggestions, Maintenance, & Discussion

Arkhi

On 4/27/2017 at 6:28 AM, Monsieur Divergent said:

Oh. By my post, I didn't mean tournaments/contests that need much active participation or last for a long time. What I mean by those contests are contests that are one time based or do not take a long duration. Here are some of my ideas:

• Pokemon Reborn Fan art Contest
• Pokemon Reborn One-shot Fanfiction Contest
• Reborn Forums Debate Round
• Reborn Forums Essay Writing Contest
• Reborn Forums Fanfiction Contest

These kinds of contests require little preparation and can easily be hosted by anyone capable. Participation is only one time based and judging can be done with a combination of Rebornian votes and selected judges votes. The only problem with this is that if people will be interested, but I believe that certain suggestions here can catch interest especially those related to Pokemon Reborn.

This can be a way to provide fun and interest to people who are in the forums and it can give recognition to the talents of members of the forums. This may also be a way to give out EXP.

[Note: If this kind of idea is accepted, I can volunteer to host.]

On other forums I've been on we had Avatar contests. Basically, one person chooses a theme and the participants change their avatar to fit that theme. Then, everyone votes for their favorite avatar. To avoid people simply voting for themselves, everyone was allowed to vote for more than one participant.

Edited by Animefan666

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

Er... is the idea a no-go?

Kind of. We're looking at implementing a few more community activities and competitions (which we will announce more about in due time), but we're not specifically implementing your suggestion.

That being said, feel free to run any of these kind of things yourself if you want to. They won't be official competitions, but we have no problem with users creating their own contests if they wish to. In fact, creating stuff like that will even earn you some EXP if its clear you've put effort into it. 

4 hours ago, mde2001 said:

Kind of. We're looking at implementing a few more community activities and competitions (which we will announce more about in due time), but we're not specifically implementing your suggestion.

That being said, feel free to run any of these kind of things yourself if you want to. They won't be official competitions, but we have no problem with users creating their own contests if they wish to. In fact, creating stuff like that will even earn you some EXP if its clear you've put effort into it. 

I see. I might host one if I come to terms with my ideas and the like. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we get it so Poll votes can be changed later (by the voter)? If you try adding questions to a poll after people already voted, they can't vote for any more questions either, and it could be solved the same way.

21 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

Can we get it so Poll votes can be changed later (by the voter)? If you try adding questions to a poll after people already voted, they can't vote for any more questions either, and it could be solved the same way.

I've just played around with this and wowowow, the voting system is silly. Moderators can even change voting results, but individual votes cannot be deleted or reversed. They seem to be permanent. As it stands, it would seem that poll voting cannot be changed- I will do some digging around IPSFocus to see if a new update is available or if any add-ons may improve the voting system we currently have.

This literally JUST started ten minutes ago, but I keep getting notifications for the same two things every time I load a page even though I've already checked them.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have stopped.

Edited by Animefan666

• Global Mods

This is kind of both a question and a suggestion. 

When browsing the Developing Games subforum, I noticed there were a few games in there that were discontinued but had a playable demo (Aegis and Mystery Dungeon Reborn). Both of those games were made before the Fan Games Expose and Developing Games sections existed and were originally in the Pokemon Fan Club section in 2015, so they were put in Developing Games when those sections were made. 

The Fan Game Expose is for games that have a playable demo, which those games do, even though they're discontinued. 

But there are discontinued games in the Fan Game Expose too: Redemption* and Se7en. 

*I assume Redemption is discontinued since the developer suddenly disappeared around August 2015. Beta testing for ep 2 was happening then but I assume testing would've been finished by now if there were still plans for release, unless the creator is really busy but still has future plans to get back to it. 

Basically, I'm not sure what the policy is for where discontinued fangames with a playable release go. Since Aegis and Mystery Dungeon Reborn were made (and I think also discontinued) before the Fan Game Expose and Developing Games sections existed, they were placed there by someone. But the Se7en and Redemption threads remain in Fan Game Expose even after Se7en was discontinued and Redemption was locked for inactivity from the creator. I was thinking of reporting the Aegis and Mystery Dungeon Reborn threads for a mod to move to Fan Game Expose, since even if they're discontinued more people might find and want to play what there is of them, as they both still have download links in the threads. But I wasn't really sure what the policy is on this. 

This seems to be worthwhile enough a concern that I should not decide upon a course of action alone. I will bring this up to the other auth and get back to you with our decision. We can get an answer back to you in a week and two days.

So, I don't know if you guys saw my status update, but I mentioned bringing back Pokénation. I know that Jericho doesn't want to do it again. But @Hycrox and I are happy to help organize it 'cause I think a lot of us loved it so much, but yeah might be something to talk about with the auths as well. Might not happen this summer, but @Hycrox, me, and others are willing to prepare organizing it for next summer.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:20 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This is kind of both a question and a suggestion.

words words words

@Ice Cream Sand Witch The other auth and I talked about this and decided to relocate PMD Reborn and Pokemon Aegis (still moving) to Fan Game Expose. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! \o

Also as of now, I am no longer in a position to relay these suggestions to auth. This thread may be picked up and continued or another one may be created, but I leave this to the community's hands.

This thread will be continued by a mod? ( As arkhi is no longer a mod so I assume it will be continued by ICSW)

If so then I would recommend adding a kind of selection feature (s) in attachment options. (As it's not easy to delete it one by one :/)

3 hours ago, Paul25 said:

This thread will be continued by a mod? ( As arkhi is no longer a mod so I assume it will be continued by ICSW)

If so then I would recommend adding a kind of selection feature (s) in attachment options. (As it's not easy to delete it one by one :/)

I don't know who'll take over with this thread, but I'd like to second this suggestion as well. It's quite tiring to have to delete attachments individually when you reach the limit. I'm not sure if it's possible to have the feature of doing multiple deleting, but I support it still.

• 2 weeks later...

@Monsieur Divergent @Paul25

Just letting you know that your suggestion about deleting multiple attachments at a time is unfortunately not going to go forward. This is because the attachment functionality is part of the forum software itself and it would require a major and difficult update for a relatively small change. Sorry :(

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In more general news, I'm going to be reworking this thread (or possibly replacing it) over the next week, as a lot of forum suggestions will no longer be possible to implement and the current headings don't entirely apply anymore. 

New thread has been created. It can be found here