At long last, I am free.
Episode 16 is now officially out for everyone to download!
There are a few things to be aware of, as mentioned on the download page...
Also, as of the public release we have implemented a name filter for the new online system! If your name is deemed inappropriate you will be asked to change it-- but it is possible that some innocent names might be caught up in it. If that happens, please tell us about it in the Online Errors forum!
That said, here is the episode's change-list, with Field-specific changes being in the Readme:
- Attack animations are in the progress of being redone. Current progress: ~60%
- A Text-Skip feature has been implemented. Hold X to skip past text.
- An internal master volume control has been added to the options menu
- A PULSE profile app has been added to the Pokegear. It will be enabled on existing playthroughs by beginning E16 content. Items on the overworld can be collected to install content to it.
- A Field Effect viewer app has been added to the Pokegear. It will be enabled on existing playthroughs by beginning E16 content. Items on the overworld can be collected to install content to it.
- An option to control how many back-ups are saved at once has been added to the options menu. This will only affect save files created in E16, so any E15 back ups will need to be deleted manually if desired.
- Gym Leaders will now always save their Ace Pokemon for last.
- Hyperspace Fury added.
- Fairy type added to Pokedex search
- Many moves, items and abilities have been debugged
- Fairy Gem added
- All Mega shinies have been customized, completing the shiny sprite project.
- All Menu/Speech frames have customized
- All PC Boxes have been customized
- A new item has been implemented. The Amplifield Rock increases the duration of "Room" moves, Gravity, and user-created Field Effects.
- Tweaked AI decision-making
- The weather system has been redone to be faster, more stable, and vary based on in-game region. It now operates on a 5 day cycle and does not depend on the Opal Ward.
- Added relationship variables, altered throughout the game.
- Re-battleable trainers now appear before the first badge instead of after the third gym.
- Removed the choosing-different-move disobedience effect, previously glitched and no longer in main series.
- Strong Winds no longer incorrectly prevents weather changes on its own
- Undiscovered Egg Group Pokemon now always have 3 perfect IVs
- Double Battles now always launch as doubles regardless of if the player has only one Pokemon
- Money Gain/Loss tweaked
- Duplicated Pokemon (including natural Shedinja) no longer share moves with their originals
- Items can now be used on Pokemon from the party screen
- Critical Capture mechanic added
- Full screen option added
- Eggs in daycare should no longer inherit parents' current moves in favor of the moves they entered daycare with
- Key items are no longer depositable. Item PC re-enabled.
- Remaining Pokemon now display between knockouts when fighting a trainer.
- A 3x speed Fast-forward mode has been added. Press Alt to toggle it on and off.
Online functions have been added to the game. Access them from the Pokegear.
- Random Matched and Friend Battles
- All Field Effects supported
- Please remember to NOT click outside of the window while the "Waiting..." message is displayed, otherwise the games can become stuck.
Thank you all for being patient, and enjoy!
Edited by Amethyst