Rejuvenation v13.0.5 - More Regional Forms (Hisuian Forms, More Regional Variants, Battle Bond, & New Megas)

AsNKrysis

MASSIVE UPDATE:

•  7 new Aevian Forms
  • Delta Starters from Insurgence
  • Epoch Gengar and Epoch Tyranitar
  • Battle Bond forms for the Gen 6 starters
  • Mega Ninetales
  • Bunch of bug fixes (both for the mod and the Vanilla game) and Aevian form balances
  • All Hisuian Evolutions have been removed due to Rejuvenation's compiler not saving the changes
  • Availability of a lot of Aevian forms got a big overhaul:
    • Aevian Shinx no longer replaces the Shinx event in Chrisola, it can still be encountered in Evergreen Cave.
    • Aevian Azurill and Marill are now available in Carotos Mountain. Aevian Marill and Azumarill are still encountered in Valor Mountain.
    • Aevian Skitty is now available in Route 2. Aevian Delcatty replaces its encounter in the Safari Zone.
    • Aevian Croagunk is no longer available in the Safari Zone. It is now available post-Gym 7 in Jirukala Cavern after receiving Rock Climb.
    • Aevian Skiddo is no longer available in Valor Mountain. It along with Aevian Gogoat are available in the Forlorned Cavern on Terrial Island.
    • Aevian Deino is now axed. It is still available to catch post-Saki at the Eclysia Skyview.
      • I know that the Locations text file in the mod says that it's post-Ryland, but that's a typo. It is not available until you beat Saki.
    • Anomaly Litwick can no longer be found in the Spring of Preservation. It is now available post-Gym 7 in the Church of Theolia.

Note: Gen 9 will not be added until v13.5 is released. The compiler will not allow me to save a new species count and will crash the game every time a Gen 9 Pokemon is added in-game.

Hey there guys, I know it's been a while a bit since you last heard from me and I wanted to give you all an update on what's happening lately since there have been quite a few bug reports and suggestions that have popped up for me, yet no update released in the last week. 

If you haven't seen me on the #rejuv-mods section of the Pokemon Reborn Discord, I have basically started Gen 9 implementation for the next update. Once more, I am using @Fervis code from his All-Gen Reborn mod as a base and simply rewriting it to fit Rejuvenation's code where need be. This is why the next update has taken so long, because formatting code from a Reborn mod into Rejuvenation takes some time. Now, you might be asking next "Why? v13.5 is right around the corner and the scripts will be formatted to use the same as Reborn and Desolation, so this work will be for nothing in a couple months."

Joke answer: Pretty sure I'm some sort of closeted masochist. 

Serious answer: Curiosity, more or less. It'll help give me a sense of balancing for Gen 9 Pokes in Rejuvenation. 

So, next question will probably be "When would the update for v13.5 come out after its public release?"

Probably not very long. Once again, most of the work is done by Fervis and I'm simply making it work for Rejuvenation.

The main thing that will take time is adjusting availability of Pokemon.

While I've done a lot of balancing for the AltForms included in this mod, the one thing I will do my best to refrain myself from adjusting are vanilla Pokemon. I'm very well aware of how broken some Pokemon are capable of being, the Hisuian Forms can be busted and I'm not denying that. However, at best I want to be able to make this mod no more than a simple one that adds some new toys for people to play with. This is not intended to make the game any easier or harder by any means. Like I've stated many times, I have no experience with game design and therefore I am actively open to taking requests from any suggestions made by anyone. If you want one of the AltForms adjusted, then let me know how. If you want a Hisuian form to come sooner or later, then please provide your suggestion. This is my first ever mod and I strongly, strongly suggest that people provide feedback on anything they can. I've already been taking suggestions from a few people on discord and I am actively implementing such to my best power. I really appreciate anything anyone has to say about their experiences with this mod so please do not hesitate to reach out to me. If you like it, then thank you! If you hate it, then tell me why and I can do my best to help tweak things more to your liking. 

The next question you might have is probably "What will happen to this mod once Rejuvenation adds Gen 9 to its base game?"

Well, the AltForms are still here, and will make my life a million times easier once Rejuvenation gets Gen 9 in its vanilla state.

And the last, big question is "When will the next update be?"

Hopefully coming out this week. I've had a lot of stuff happening irl recently that's kept me from being on my PC. I've been having quite a few bug reports come in and I want to address them quickly but I'm really hyperfocued on getting Gen 9 into the game proper. Most likely, the next update will not be having Gen 9 Pokemon be widespread available, but I will be making some available for all of you to use after waiting so long. It will be coming with a few changes to availability as well as addressing a lot of the bugs reported so far.

If you've any more questions or concerns, once more, feel free to reach out to me here or on discord. I'll be sure to respond back to all of you as best as I can.

Also, here's a bit of a teaser for some of the new AltForms arriving soon:

image.png.543bb8dcd90eb3789ce48eca58e272a9.png

image.png.99f109c2c3bb7853db1f0d7efd885d4a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edfrick said:

tera has a script that was made for rpgmaker pokemon games link is right here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=490973 

Would you consider adding it to this mod now that someone has made the script for it?giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f29ce7cb9e9d7b3511

Even once Rejuvenation gets updated to the latest Essentials tools, making the AI use it proper would seriously be actual hell. A lot of Reborn, Rejuvenation, and Desolation's difficulty rely on field effects, and trying implement Terastallization alongside that would be way too complicated. Even the Rejuv devs themselves have stated they are not adding Terastallization to the game, and neither will I.

4 hours ago, Kyuux said:

Repel dosn't seem to go away. 

That doesn't seem like an issue with my mod. I just tested myself. Are you sure you didn't add anything yourself?

6 hours ago, Hakimblue99 said:

Can I just say....THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS EVER?!?!?! Finally, I have an excuse to repaly Rejuvenation. Thank you so much for this mod, dude. Really appreciate it. When I get the chance, I'm gonna play the heck out of this amazing mod, 

Thank you so much!! I really hope that you have a lot of fun playing this mod! I currently do recommend that you wait until the next update, which should be coming very shortly. The new update will be addressing a lot of various bug fixes and adjustments to balancing, as well as introducing many new alternate forms as well as a bit of a teaser for the Gen 9 implementation that I've been working on for the past 2 weeks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fauna Joy said:

Can someone translate the locations in the txt file? I have no idea what the numbers mean. Like, route, city, etc?

Sorry, those numbers are mostly for myself to reference since those are the number IDs of the maps that those Pokemon can be encountered in. The text below the numbers should say where they can be located, as well as what method is used to acquire them (if necessary).

43 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

Sorry, those numbers are mostly for myself to reference since those are the number IDs of the maps that those Pokemon can be encountered in. The text below the numbers should say where they can be located, as well as what method is used to acquire them (if necessary).

Oh ok I see now. I saw the numbers and my head started spinning, lol.

4 hours ago, wikiwojtek2 said:

Hey there's a bug where I can't fight Texenimage.png.de1dee4227c3f4848e10b291ade0c51d.png

I just tested Texen's battle in my own game and I didn't run into any issues. Is there anything you may have added to the Mods folder or adjusted in the game's scripts yourself? If you have the mod PokemonField.rb in your mods folder, take it out, that mod will completely break your game and I accidentally left it in when I uploaded this.

If it's neither of those, then you may have to redownload the mod. The only thing I can imagine is that the download must've corrupted somehow.

New Update Released!

This one is a pretty big one and will hopefully satiate all the anticipation all of you had for the next update.

Update notes are posted above on the 2nd message.

You do not need to restart the game, but it is recommended you do so for all the new features that have been added.

• Thanks 1

Pushed out another quick patch that reverts the change I made to Disguise. I changed Disguise back to how it worked in Gen 7 (takes no damage when Disguise breaks) as an oversight, now it should hopefully work properly as it does in Gen 8 and beyond.

Alright, I really hope this will be the last patch I need to push out. I just fixed an issue with the first battle against Rorim B. on Intense mode. I accidentally left Quaxwell on his team (which was the initial intent to have Rorim B. have the Quaxly line on his team), so now it is removed and should function properly. Please redownload the mod and also report back to me on any issues, suggestions, and feedback you may have.,