Pokémon Reborn Ep.19 Professor Oak Challenge!

crikson

Hello everyone!

I've downloaded Ep.19 about a week ago and I decided to do a playthrough of the full game doing a Professor Oak Challenge.

For those of you who don't know what this challenge is, here is the general main rule:

- You must obtain all possible Pokémon before each badge, before challenging the elite 4, and/or other checkpoints that are game   specific.

This means that I'll have to catch and evolve every obtainable Pokémon before each badge.

I've also decided on these other rules:

- Rare Candies from Pickup are allowed, not from Candy Shop

- Exp. Candies are NOT allowed

- I'll not change date or clock manually

- No passwords will be used. I'll play the game in its "regular" form (Except "weathermod" for the next point)

- Weather changing mod is allowed only if I'm about to finish training everything and still have to get weather related encounters because the correct weather wasn't available. I'll try to get everything regularly if possible otherwise

- Exp. Sharing items are NOT allowed

- No speedup

So far I'm in the middle of the grinding before Julia. The first sections definitely will be the hardest because of the low level cap and experience available with trainers or random encounters. I have a pickup squad in order to help out with the highest level evolutions as the experience gained becomes very low the higher the level, considering I'm fighting against mons in the low 10s when I have mons over level 30. Disobedience is annoying but it's not too terrible. Once the Pokémon I'm raising is able to one shot the opponent's Pokémon it gets quite easy and reduces the turns, lowering the disobedience factor.

So far here's the progress: 72 Dex entries, 35h05m playtime.

Spoiler

Highest level evolution completed: Swablu --> Altaria Lv.35

I'll post an update once I've completed the first section (might take a while :D)

Badge 1 completed in 66h37m!

The pre-badge 1 grind is over! 66 hours and 37 minutes of game time, 89 total dex entries. The hardest part of the challenge is done, still there will be a lot of captures and training, but I'm excited to finally move on! Got 17 Rare Candies from Pickup and those helped me especially with Noibat (11 used) and Tynamo, which is in the Slow exp group (5 used). I've used 1 for Loudred as well to get it to level 40. Overall it's been a hell of a grind to evolve every Pokémon that I could get, but it feels so rewarding when finished!image.thumb.png.2ba009e9969d359e6db040e20cbbefa6.png

Here are the boxes at the end of this part.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fc2eb24972a239ad46e01959f7772c97.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.34a4833fff805d2b757ba569987bbb8f.png

• Upvote 1

• Support Squad

If you're using my spreadsheet, I hope it's accurate enough!! I did go through on my own playthrough and confirm, but it's hard to be 100% sure.

How will you handle stone evolutions? Theoretically, you can evolve every stone evolution mon right after Shelly, with some before her. Takes a lot of mining luck, though.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, AyTales said:

If you're using my spreadsheet, I hope it's accurate enough!! I did go through on my own playthrough and confirm, but it's hard to be 100% sure.

How will you handle stone evolutions? Theoretically, you can evolve every stone evolution mon right after Shelly, with some before her. Takes a lot of mining luck, though.

Yup I'm using the Location spreadsheet for Ep.19, thank you for making it, it's very useful! About the Evo Stones, yes I'll try and get everything I need with mining. I have a lot of Blast Powder from mining so I'll be able to mine rock twice. Also I'll save and soft reset in from of every rock and I'll reset until I get a Stone or other stuff I need

Badge 2 completed in 95h38m total time! (29h01m for this section)

Florinia section's completed! Took me less than half the time for section 1. Grand Hall trainers having 'mons in the early 20s really increases the experience gained per battle making it easier to level up high level evolutions. For weaker mons Onyx Rooftop and Obsidia Alley or Obsidia Park are good places to train depending on typing, especially the Tranquills in the rooftop give a solid amount of experience. Got 11 Rare Candies in this section, I've used them for Vanilluxe (6) and Klinklang (5).image.thumb.png.d753b1b467f296f70d3da09f27ceb431.png

image.thumb.png.1ab48bf87a2225961285916b246da7ae.png

image.thumb.png.c296349b0c0808026773ae4c498d833e.png

I have obtained 79 new Pokémon in this section.

See y'all for section 3!