(V13) About MC and past...

SoulN7

While playing Chapter 15 again, some doubts attacked me. I thought that I should write them here:

Spoiler

- What are "us"? We got to know that MC (I call our character like that) is an entity called from another world to take the role of Interceptor when NPC MC (character choosen as we saw him/her/them in Nightmare Realm and flashbacks) refused to be the one to take this responsability. But it seems MC has no memories before awakening in S.S. Oceana.

- Is there a chance to know these "memories", if there are? If we want to understand our character's true nature, I think these memories are needed.

- We saw NPC MCs 's tragedy thanks to MC's path in NR, but, like said from our past counterpart, what we saw was not what truly happened. Plus, we saw what happened when NPC was choosen to got the role of Interceptor. So...maybe, in the future, we can unlock even our past counterpart's full memories?

- I saw in other topics that, in Intense Mode, every NPC MC has a Mystical Pokémon in their team, like Aevis with Keldeo and Axel with Hoopa (?), so maybe we can find a Mystical Pokémon in last parts of our journey, based on our character?

2 hours ago, S7rife said:

Hide contents

- What are "us"? We got to know that MC (I call our character like that) is an entity called from another world to take the role of Interceptor when NPC MC (character choosen as we saw him/her/them in Nightmare Realm and flashbacks) refused to be the one to take this responsability. But it seems MC has no memories before awakening in S.S. Oceana.

- Is there a chance to know these "memories", if there are? If we want to understand our character's true nature, I think these memories are needed.

- We saw NPC MCs 's tragedy thanks to MC's path in NR, but, like said from our past counterpart, what we saw was not what truly happened. Plus, we saw what happened when NPC was choosen to got the role of Interceptor. So...maybe, in the future, we can unlock even our past counterpart's full memories?

- I saw in other topics that, in Intense Mode, every NPC MC has a Mystical Pokémon in their team, like Aevis with Keldeo and Axel with Hoopa (?), so maybe we can find a Mystical Pokémon in last parts of our journey, based on our character?

Spoiler

As far as I understand it, the MC is being controlled by us, the people playing the game. Not really in a meta way, as in them knowing it's all a game, but we certainly control the MC's actions.

The MC's memories before awakening in the S.S. Oceana aren't really necessary if we're thinking of the Interceptor being controlled by us (the player of the game). We weren't introduced until after Crescent was on the S.S. Oceana, after all.

That'd be a cool addition, but I think it'd be a postgame thing, or before E8 thing. I don't feel that we would have time to explore that before the scheduled assault on Team Xen.

Some have speculated that the (Interceptor) MC's paired legendary is Zygarde, but I'm not sure if that's the case. Supposing it is, we can get Dog Form Zygarde in the current update already, so that honestly works out. But I feel that it isn't due to the fact that they only have a Mythical in Intense Mode, and not in Normal. Intense Mode isn't a change to the story, just the difficulty of battles, so the addition of a Mythical to those teams hasn't really said anything to me in regards to us catching said mythical. If they were included on Normal mode, however, that would very much change and I'd probably agree with you about getting them.

6 hours ago, Lspaceship said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As far as I understand it, the MC is being controlled by us, the people playing the game. Not really in a meta way, as in them knowing it's all a game, but we certainly control the MC's actions.

The MC's memories before awakening in the S.S. Oceana aren't really necessary if we're thinking of the Interceptor being controlled by us (the player of the game). We weren't introduced until after Crescent was on the S.S. Oceana, after all.

That'd be a cool addition, but I think it'd be a postgame thing, or before E8 thing. I don't feel that we would have time to explore that before the scheduled assault on Team Xen.

Some have speculated that the (Interceptor) MC's paired legendary is Zygarde, but I'm not sure if that's the case. Supposing it is, we can get Dog Form Zygarde in the current update already, so that honestly works out. But I feel that it isn't due to the fact that they only have a Mythical in Intense Mode, and not in Normal. Intense Mode isn't a change to the story, just the difficulty of battles, so the addition of a Mythical to those teams hasn't really said anything to me in regards to us catching said mythical. If they were included on Normal mode, however, that would very much change and I'd probably agree with you about getting them.

Spoiler

Well, Zygarde being our pair legendary is not so wrong after all:

Madame X and Melanie have Yveltal and seems like both are connected to the character of "Father" (like Allen and Alice, but we saw that their Father is Indriad), despite Yveltal appeared only once with Madame X, so the first time we meet her.

I think Xerneas is connected to Nymiera and the Storm-9's presence (Xerneas statues in "V13 Blacksteeple Castle" and in Nymiera's house and Storm-9 is a Xerneas's form...I don't think it's a coincidence.)

In Chapter 13, Melia said that the Interceptor is a figure called by the ecosystem ( or the world, I don't remember exactly) itself to be judge of the world when this is in great danger, then he/she/them  will take the decision or to save the world or letting it to die. Zygarde is the Order Pokémon, the one who incarnates Balance between Creation and Destruction, so it makes sense for Interceptor's role.

About Mystical, IM will be removed, due to Jan having problems to make it further, so Yeah, probably that's not a lore thing.

i think those legendary mon even though not lore are representing the mc in sense for example axel has hoopa and cresent describes axel to a impidimp or a prankster and he even has mega or gmax grimsnarl as his mega .hoopa is more of a pranster i dont remember others characters mons or personalities so .and nymeria is supposed to be the good part in the story unlike vitus who is the evil part .vitus most probable child has yvetal and nymeria can represent xerneas and her corruupted self and xerneas becomes storm-9 which takes life which is absolutely the opposite of xerneas thing which is giving life