Mac Big Sur issues

rlinsky

So I recently started reborn again after a year and the game is a bit different then before. About a year ago I had to use wine skin to play but now I can just download from the reborn page and it works as a normal app. I tried to find my old files from wine but no luck so I decided to restart while having my friend tag along in this play through. Experiencing some errors already in that the rain is going on constantly.

I've tried changing the date for 3 weeks and its constant rain. I downloaded the SWM mod and added it to my data folder. The mod is not there. I saw some forums posts and they're say you have to make a new wrapper in wine to add in the mods, but if I didn't use wine, theoretically if I add it into the data folder it should work right? 

The second issue is online play doesn't work for me anymore. Keeps saying connection error when I am connected to wifi. I saw some people say it might be since they were connected to campus wifi which is my case, but my campus has fast wifi and it doesn't work

Last but not least I can't find my save files anywhere. Checked everywhere didn't see it. If anyone knows how to solve this please lmk lol cause im actually thinking about just getting a cheap windows to play reborn at this rate.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:59 AM, rlinsky said:

So I recently started reborn again after a year and the game is a bit different then before. About a year ago I had to use wine skin to play but now I can just download from the reborn page and it works as a normal app. I tried to find my old files from wine but no luck so I decided to restart while having my friend tag along in this play through. Experiencing some errors already in that the rain is going on constantly.

I've tried changing the date for 3 weeks and its constant rain. I downloaded the SWM mod and added it to my data folder. The mod is not there. I saw some forums posts and they're say you have to make a new wrapper in wine to add in the mods, but if I didn't use wine, theoretically if I add it into the data folder it should work right? 

The second issue is online play doesn't work for me anymore. Keeps saying connection error when I am connected to wifi. I saw some people say it might be since they were connected to campus wifi which is my case, but my campus has fast wifi and it doesn't work

Last but not least I can't find my save files anywhere. Checked everywhere didn't see it. If anyone knows how to solve this please lmk lol cause im actually thinking about just getting a cheap windows to play reborn at this rate.

So /Users/Name/Wine Files/drive_c/users/Name/Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn should be the old save file path the new save file path should be /Library/Application Support/Pokemon Reborn/Game.rxdata
You will need to manually input the path then use 
cmd + shift + [.] to make them visable Mac hides it's files often

Weather sounds broken if u can figure out your save file path stuff I can probably reset your weather info with SWM with the newer update to 18.4.1 a lot of them don't seem to work with mac but yeah if u unpack the app u should be able to put the mod in the data folder by creating a file called mods also make sure to have the mod that enables it to be added to the pokegear