I dunno how to explain this issue...

I feel like I am able to understand most computer issues, but this one baffles me. 

Upon starting Reborn, I am greeted with a slew of errors, However, I am able to clear those errors, Reborn starts up, then comes the splash screen. After the splash screen, where the file select screen should appear, and set of errors pop up. After clearing the final error, the game then proceeds to close. 

Anyone? Help?

prerror1.png

prerror2.png

prerror3.png

prerror4.png

prerror5.png

10 minutes ago, Shadow Rysing said:

I feel like I am able to understand most computer issues, but this one baffles me. 

Upon starting Reborn, I am greeted with a slew of errors, However, I am able to clear those errors, Reborn starts up, then comes the splash screen. After the splash screen, where the file select screen should appear, and set of errors pop up. After clearing the final error, the game then proceeds to close. 

Anyone? Help?

prerror1.png

prerror2.png

prerror3.png

prerror4.png

prerror5.png

end of file and incompatible marshal file i usually see on corrupted save files, have you tried loading an older save or many as the current one may be corrupted causing these errors

1 minute ago, Lord Drakyle said:

end of file and incompatible marshal file i usually see on corrupted save files, have you tried loading an older save or many as the current one may be corrupted causing these errors

I have gone through most of the backup files. I create backups after each badge, and all of them are this way.  50+ backups created by the game as well. 
Oh I don't like the look of this

1 minute ago, Shadow Rysing said:

I have gone through most of the backup files. I create backups after each badge, and all of them are this way.  50+ backups created by the game as well. 
Oh I don't like the look of this

thats rather unfortunate, from what i understand of these types of errors, they normally result from something in the code being wrong so it isnt sure what to make of it, but thats normally a programming error so when it occurs on normally perfectly fine files you get this.

i dunno if you was playing with mods or debug at all and modified anything but corruption is a risk modded or not, dunno why it happens, you may need to start over, however thats the final resort option, first would be test absolutely every backup to see if it ends somewhere, also have you changed anything about the game since before this started? added a mod, messed with debug or had someone do anything like that? you might also try re-downloading reborn and seeing if the game is the problem and not the saves though unlikely to resolve it

i also would recommend creating copies of your backups and keeping them somewhere like on a USB or cloud so they are seperate from the save folder and less likely to experience the same corruption if it ever reoccurs

thats rather unfortunate, from what i understand of these types of errors, they normally result from something in the code being wrong so it isnt sure what to make of it, but thats normally a programming error so when it occurs on normally perfectly fine files you get this.

i dunno if you was playing with mods or debug at all and modified anything but corruption is a risk modded or not, dunno why it happens, you may need to start over, however thats the final resort option, first would be test absolutely every backup to see if it ends somewhere, also have you changed anything about the game since before this started? added a mod, messed with debug or had someone do anything like that? you might also try re-downloading reborn and seeing if the game is the problem and not the saves though unlikely to resolve it

I deleted the file that I launched reborn from, clearing the mods. I then re-extracted the downloaded file, and still got the errors. I had one mod, of which I didn't change anything relating to it.

i also would recommend creating copies of your backups and keeping them somewhere like on a USB or cloud so they are seperate from the save folder and less likely to experience the same corruption if it ever reoccurs

I plan on doing that from now on. I'm doing a test run for my story I'm writing, I don't want to go through all the way to Ciel for the third time now.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Rysing said:

I deleted the file that I launched reborn from, clearing the mods. I then re-extracted the downloaded file, and still got the errors. I had one mod, of which I didn't change anything relating to it.

I plan on doing that from now on. I'm doing a test run for my story I'm writing, I don't want to go through all the way to Ciel for the third time now.

unfortunate that it didnt seem to work, hopefully it's the last time you see this issue