Jump to content

V13 debug mode + auto speed up in battle (updated for 13.0.5)


EvGym
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thank you! this will be very usefull as a quality of life thing espeically if I ever find myself needing to do a battle again and again. now if you could make this also auto enabled during cutscenes when you press esc that would be epic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hakimblue99 said:

Sorry for being dumb because I never used debug mode before, but other than speeding up battles, what does debug mode do?

The speedup battles part is not caused by debug mode. This post has 2 separate mods

 

If you press 'M' in the game it will speed up. The auto speed up mod makes it so this is always on as long as you are in a battle.

 

The debug mod adds a menu option called "Debug" to the main pause menu and when selecting a Pokémon outside of battle that allows you to edit tons of stuff in the game. I would keep it to editing Pokémon and your own items.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, FINALLY!
I love this game but the fact that breeding perfect pokemons is a requirement for regular and intense difficulty always annoys me, I waste too much damn time just running back and forth in the daycare, specially now that Ditto is only available after 8 badges

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I love this game but the fact that breeding perfect pokemons is a requirement for regular and intense difficulty always annoys me, I waste too much damn time just running back and forth in the daycare, specially now that Ditto is only available after 8 badges

It really is not with good strtegizing and mons normal mode is possible without Perfect IVs but i digress

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I just use the debug mode to get an item (anything minus key items), would I still have any risk of break/damage my save file or that should be a safe use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Elios said:

If I just use the debug mode to get an item (anything minus key items), would I still have any risk of break/damaga my save file or that should be a safe use.

You should be fine. You should stick to items you could naturally obtain though. Just for gameplay sake.

XP candies are a god sent though. Great for gym battle maxing out of mons.

Edited by EvGym
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh thank god. I've been stuck on Geara and Zetta on Valor for like a week. Can finally turn on items in Intense Mode. Why are those two so OP? Dang this fight is nearly impossible on a mono water run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ManInSteel said:

It really is not with good strtegizing and mons normal mode is possible without Perfect IVs but i digress

 

I agree with you in early to mid-game but at end-game it's nearly impossible to win with a pokemon with garbage IVs, wrong nature, no specialized egg moves and EVs all over the place, specially considering that since the very beginning, quoting Benny, "the game was rigged from the start" with every card stacked against you, fields that benefit leaders, their pokemons always perfect IVs, nature and fully EV trained, moves that only the leaders can use that are stronger than the ones available to us, the fact that the AI knows when you're going to heal, switch or attack and they even get access to items and mega evolutions that we only get access to way later in the game, trying to win a late game gym battle with a team you just captured off the bushes is not impossible but it's near that unless you discover some cheese tactic that Jan overlooked like when I accidentally found out in v12 that using Smack Down + Dig on Souta would turn the Sky Field into a Mountain Top and then a Cave Field and give me massive advantage but Jan kinda caught up to people trying to change the fields and gave gym leaders pokemons that can change it back to the original in a way that makes your effort of changing it pointless (I recently defeated Souta and tried that same strategy, not only changing the Sky Field to Mountain Top got changed into using 2 Smack Downs instead of one but now it's impossible to turn it into a Cave Field and as soon as it becomes a Mountain Top Souta uses a move that changes it back into Sky Field so.. Same with Valeria, my strategy was changing the Water Surface to Murky Water but now she has plenty of pokemons with Whirlpool that change it back)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I agree with you in early to mid-game but at end-game it's nearly impossible to win with a pokemon with garbage IVs, wrong nature, no specialized egg moves and EVs all over the place, specially considering that since the very beginning, quoting Benny, "the game was rigged from the start" with every card stacked against you, fields that benefit leaders, their pokemons always perfect IVs, nature and fully EV trained, moves that only the leaders can use that are stronger than the ones available to us, the fact that the AI knows when you're going to heal, switch or attack and they even get access to items and mega evolutions that we only get access to way later in the game, trying to win a late game gym battle with a team you just captured off the bushes is not impossible but it's near that unless you discover some cheese tactic that Jan overlooked like when I accidentally found out in v12 that using Smack Down + Dig on Souta would turn the Sky Field into a Mountain Top and then a Cave Field and give me massive advantage but Jan kinda caught up to people trying to change the fields and gave gym leaders pokemons that can change it back to the original in a way that makes your effort of changing it pointless (I recently defeated Souta and tried that same strategy, not only changing the Sky Field to Mountain Top got changed into using 2 Smack Downs instead of one but now it's impossible to turn it into a Cave Field and as soon as it becomes a Mountain Top Souta uses a move that changes it back into Sky Field so.. Same with Valeria, my strategy was changing the Water Surface to Murky Water but now she has plenty of pokemons with Whirlpool that change it back)

well i don't think i have anything more to say coz i totally agree with that

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting! This will save me time later. Since the old debug did not work I had to breed a blissey in V13 and that was two hours of pain... I did not even get a perfect one, I stopped with 1 stat at 30, rest at 31. 

 

Should be useful for my new save file I am doing right now! I don't plan on altering my Pokémon stats until the method of doing so becomes readily available by normal means (no EVs until the card rooms become available, at which point I would just use the rooms, and no IV/nature until destiny knot, thought technically natures are readily available sooner). I personally think that keeps the cheating fair. 

 

Might change it up this time and do it earlier if certain parts are too BS. But hopefully it wont come to that!

 

 

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys im currently trying to use this debug to fix my save file lol. Im sure Devs are busy, but no one has seemed to find a fix to this bug yet. Im stuck playing as Saki (after defeating the puppet master/huey) and I never get that phone call from Erick like im supposed to in order to progress with the story (the text dots above the TV isnt working apparently). Ive tried warping out and back in, but that doesnt work, Im not sure if there's a variable I could change or switch that would let me progress. Would appreciate any help from those more knowledgable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 6:35 AM, Milotic said:

Guys im currently trying to use this debug to fix my save file lol. Im sure Devs are busy, but no one has seemed to find a fix to this bug yet. Im stuck playing as Saki (after defeating the puppet master/huey) and I never get that phone call from Erick like im supposed to in order to progress with the story (the text dots above the TV isnt working apparently). Ive tried warping out and back in, but that doesnt work, Im not sure if there's a variable I could change or switch that would let me progress. Would appreciate any help from those more knowledgable

All the stuff has to do with variables. They are rather straight forwardly named so you can try that, just keep a backup. Until they release the PBS file I will be unable to help you further, sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

Its not working for me, I download it but it will only do it as a text document and it won't replace the exixting files what am i doing wrong?

I don't know how that is possible. What is your operating system and browser? As long the the extensions are right and they replace the identically named files in /scripts it should work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

Windows 10 and firefox. along with the .rb , it aslo adds .txt after it is that the problem?

Yes, remove the .txt
I have no idea why that is being appended after it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...