Computer freezes after initializing character on Mac Big Sur 11.5

qorder

I am making a post here because I encounter a game-breaking bug and cannot find similar reports on the forum.

I have downloaded the game (version 18.4.1, "fruit edition") on Mac (latest version, Big Sur 11.5), and I can launch the game without problem. However, after I initialize my character and view control, my computer freezes at the introduction scene when the train is riding through a desert (see spoiler below). The soundtrack is playing, and I can move my cursor, but otherwise the computer does not react to either mouse click or keyboard, so I am forced to restart with the power button. 

I have moved the game to the application folder. I have attempted installation using both the MEGA and Google Drive portals. I am running no other apps other than Safari and activity monitor. Also, in case this is relevant, I can play Rejuvenation just fine on my MacBook. 

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I have attempted a workaround by playing the game on a Windows computer until I can control my character at the train station and moving the save to my MacBook. However, the game remains laggy and freezes my computer after I move around 20 steps. 

Spoiler

VsHBBJB.jpg

Edited by qorder
updated new information

Posted (edited)

Makes sense. I'll probably try out wine then. 

If any developer is reading this, should this issue be repeated on other Mac devices, would it be possible to add a comment on the download page that some player have experienced issue with the game on Big Sur. So future Mac players who've updated their device won't be blindsided by similar bug. 

Edited by qorder
Added clarification

• 4 weeks later...

I joined the site to say that I had the same problem (the game freezing computer when the train scene started up) on an updated Mac (Big Sur 11.5.2). Like qorder, I have had no trouble running Rejuvenation on my mac but DID test out Desolation too and ran into the same issue when exiting the house you start in in that game.