Jump to content

Help with fiore mansion fight


Recommended Posts

So i beat fern and blake with ease but still struggling with solaris here’s my team:

-Delpfox Lv.72 : Twisted Spoon Speed lowering/ SpDef up Nature: Blaze

Flamethrower 

Psychic 

Fire Pledge 

Psyshock 

-Alolan Ninetales Lv.74 : Icy Rock neutral nature : Snow Warnings 

Blizzard  

Dazzling Gleam 

Aurora Veil 

Ice Beam 

- Scraffty Lv.75 : Black Belt SpAtk lowering/ SpDef up Nature: Shed Skin

Payback 

Brick break 

Feint Attack 

Dragon Dance 

-Magnectric Lv.73 : Quick Claw Neutral nature : Lightning Rod

Discharge 

Flamethrower 

Crunch 

Thunder

-Escavalier Lv.74 : Metal Coat SpAtk lowering/ Defense up nature : Shell Armor

X- scissor 

Slash 

Iron Head 

Sword Dance 

-Arcanie Lv.74 : Intimidate : Charcoal Neutral nature

Fire Fang 

Flare Blizt 

Flame Burst 

Outrage 

Mons in the PC : Alolan SandSlash; Golurk; Noivern; Aromatise; Comfey; Tauros; Boufallant; Floatzel; Absol; Sharkpedo; Gastrodon; Haryama; Lumineon

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should teach your A-ninetales freeze dry instead of ice beam for water coverage and close combat/extreme speed for Arcanine instead of fire fang and also you should replace flame burst with heat wave since both have same area altering effects but one has better power and hits two pokemon of the opponent at the same time and maybe give your manectric something else cause it's speed is already pretty good and also why do you have two fire types on the team just curious you should replace one for a water/grass imo and a good moveset for Delphox would be mistical fire/flamethrower,sunny day(with heat rock ofc),any other coverage move(would strongly recommend solar beam if u have TM) and psychic/psyshock

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raghav said:

You should teach your A-ninetales freeze dry instead of ice beam for water coverage and close combat/extreme speed for Arcanine instead of fire fang and also you should replace flame burst with heat wave since both have same area altering effects but one has better power and hits two pokemon of the opponent at the same time and maybe give your manectric something else cause it's speed is already pretty good and also why do you have two fire types on the team just curious you should replace one for a water/grass imo and a good moveset for Delphox would be mistical fire/flamethrower,sunny day(with heat rock ofc),any other coverage move(would strongly recommend solar beam if u have TM) and psychic/psyshock

Well i only used the ones mentioned above since all the other mons in the PC were under level. Btw thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Alolan ninetales should be the lead for the last fight, this will bait a bullet punch by scizor most likely. You can switch turn 1 to arcanine for intimidate, the whiscash usually goes for dragon dance so it's a wasted turn. Florinia will probably Yawn someone so you have an easier early fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beaufils said:

Ok. Alolan ninetales should be the lead for the last fight, this will bait a bullet punch by scizor most likely. You can switch turn 1 to arcanine for intimidate, the whiscash usually goes for dragon dance so it's a wasted turn. Florinia will probably Yawn someone so you have an easier early fight.

The scizor was not a problem it was his Garchomp which out speed all of my mons and one shot all of them during the process. Also the new world orderly guy was also annoying as all hell like i just cannot break through him. Thanks BTW

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RebornFan7 said:

Is Garchomp faster than Ninetales? 

No. Comparing with Speed stat, Garchomp is a bit slower than Alolan Ninetales, if that's what you're talking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RebornFan7 said:

I asked about your Ninetales. If it is faster, which with +speed nature and 31 ivs in speed it is indeed, you should save it for Garchomp. It one shots it for sure. 

No my ninetales has a neutral nature and yes the garchomp out speed it. But i think now i just need speed ivs for my ninetales. Do you know which mons in the area give speed ivs ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vinepple said:

No my ninetales has a neutral nature and yes the garchomp out speed it. But i think now i just need speed ivs for my ninetales. Do you know which mons in the area give speed ivs ?

If you fish with an old rod on route 4, you get 70% chance to get a finneon, which gives speed evs. I think that's the best spot to do the ev training. Alternatively, you can grind on blitzle zebstrika and cottonee on the same route. 

Edited by RebornFan7
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have an A. Sandslash in your PC, make sure it has Slush Rush so you can take advantage of A. Ninetails Hail storm and allow you to sweep. Iron Head + Icicle Crash. Let's you deal with his Garchomp as well as a few others.

 

I would probably replace that Delphox.

 

You have aa total of 6 Fire-type attacks, teach your Arcanine Morning Sun instead of Fire Fang and teach it Close Combat or Extreme Speed instead of Flame Burst. Stick to Phys Attacks.

 

Alternative strategy is to teach Trick Room to your Delphox and abuse Florinia's slow team as well as your Escavalier, but the rest of your team is quite speedy so I don't think so unless you replace a couple other members.

 

I think the easiest is just to replace Delphox and start rolling with A. Sandslash. It will tear through big portions of the gauntlet, especially if you set up a Aurora Veil to protect it while it's sweeping during the Hailstorm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Siv said:

You have an A. Sandslash in your PC, make sure it has Slush Rush so you can take advantage of A. Ninetails Hail storm and allow you to sweep. Iron Head + Icicle Crash. Let's you deal with his Garchomp as well as a few others.

 

I would probably replace that Delphox.

 

You have aa total of 6 Fire-type attacks, teach your Arcanine Morning Sun instead of Fire Fang and teach it Close Combat or Extreme Speed instead of Flame Burst. Stick to Phys Attacks.

 

Alternative strategy is to teach Trick Room to your Delphox and abuse Florinia's slow team as well as your Escavalier, but the rest of your team is quite speedy so I don't think so unless you replace a couple other members.

 

I think the easiest is just to replace Delphox and start rolling with A. Sandslash. It will tear through big portions of the gauntlet, especially if you set up a Aurora Veil to protect it while it's sweeping during the Hailstorm.

Yeah it just that her hippodon go in later so my hail is replace by sandstorm so i have to switch out and in again just to activate hail and which point would probably die since all of his team has moves that is good against ice and fairy. Also the A. Sandslash has minus speed and plus SpAtk nature and I don’t feel like finding and grinding up another one. At this point i feel like noivern would probably do the job better tbh. Thanks BTW

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2021 at 10:54 AM, Vinepple said:

Yeah it just that her hippodon go in later so my hail is replace by sandstorm so i have to switch out and in again just to activate hail and which point would probably die since all of his team has moves that is good against ice and fairy. Also the A. Sandslash has minus speed and plus SpAtk nature and I don’t feel like finding and grinding up another one. At this point i feel like noivern would probably do the job better tbh. Thanks BTW

iirc Flo always leads with her Hippowdon so you have an opening later on to take advantage of it and start sweeping, i.e Flo always start off with Yawn, so on the turn one of the opponents 'mons are sleeping you have a window to set yourself up with A. Ninetails into Aurora Veil into A. Sandslash sweep.

 

You only need 1 Hailstorm with the item to prolong it, that's 6 turns for A. Sandslash to sweep behind an Aurora Veil. Even with that nature you will still outspeed most, if not all, of their teams. It will tear through a big portion of their mons on it's own if you abuse Slush Rush.

 

Tailwind on Noivern is also a good choice, yeah. Would help you outspeed that Garchomp, too. I would still put in the effort and get your A. SS in the team. You have 2 mons right now that are kind of out of place, Delphox and Escavalier. The former is weak and you already have a Fire-type while the latter is too slow for the rest of your team whilst not providing great defense.

 

Did you make changes to the rest of the teams move-sets?

 

If you want to put in the effort, Rockruff on Route 4 is available and a Midnight or Dusk Lycanroc will be amazing throughout the rest of your playthrough. Vulpix is also available for a trade and regular Ninetails is an absolute powerhouse, and unlike Delphox it actually compliments your Arcanine with it's Sunny Day ability. If you need bulk I would suggest picking up a Gigalith.

 

Anyways, good luck with it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021 at 1:36 AM, Siv said:

iirc Flo always leads with her Hippowdon so you have an opening later on to take advantage of it and start sweeping, i.e Flo always start off with Yawn, so on the turn one of the opponents 'mons are sleeping you have a window to set yourself up with A. Ninetails into Aurora Veil into A. Sandslash sweep.

 

You only need 1 Hailstorm with the item to prolong it, that's 6 turns for A. Sandslash to sweep behind an Aurora Veil. Even with that nature you will still outspeed most, if not all, of their teams. It will tear through a big portion of their mons on it's own if you abuse Slush Rush.

 

Tailwind on Noivern is also a good choice, yeah. Would help you outspeed that Garchomp, too. I would still put in the effort and get your A. SS in the team. You have 2 mons right now that are kind of out of place, Delphox and Escavalier. The former is weak and you already have a Fire-type while the latter is too slow for the rest of your team whilst not providing great defense.

 

Did you make changes to the rest of the teams move-sets?

 

If you want to put in the effort, Rockruff on Route 4 is available and a Midnight or Dusk Lycanroc will be amazing throughout the rest of your playthrough. Vulpix is also available for a trade and regular Ninetails is an absolute powerhouse, and unlike Delphox it actually compliments your Arcanine with it's Sunny Day ability. If you need bulk I would suggest picking up a Gigalith.

 

Anyways, good luck with it all.

Oops sorry for not replying it has been a busy week for me so I couldn’t check your reply. Oh yeah btw i replaced delphox with torterra and slap flamethrower on noivern and manage to take at least two mons with it every time! I just beat ciel and now I actually on my way to collect all the starters for funsies. Thanks BTW

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...