Jump to content

Team Updates and Improving my team further


Recommended Posts

Ok back again with my team. This time i have done the Mirage tower in the desert and everything up to that point. I did the appartment restoration in the city aswell. Send some tips!

 

Greninja Protean

Surf

Dark pulse

Extrasensory

Grass knot

 

Vikavolt Levitate

Thunderbolt

Bug Buzz

Air slash

Hidden power (ice)

 

Arcanine Intimidate

Flamethrower

Crunch

Iron head (used for adrienn) 

Close Combat

 

Golurk - Iron fist

Earthquake

Heavy Slam

Shadow Punch

Drain Punch

 

Lucario - Justified

Bulldoze

Drain Punch

Meteor Mash

Power-Up Punch

 

Alolan Muk - Gluttony

Gunk Shot

Thief

Brick Break

Ice Punch

 

So yeah, I added Lucario because of the mega ring soon coming up and muk i dont know why. Muk did help out with adrienn tho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flamethrower on Arcanine is good, but I don't really like to run it mixed attacker. If you go full physical, Flare Blitz is much better and you can get morning sun as egg move if you are afraid of the recoil (to replace Iron Head).

Give Lucario Sword Dance and maybe Bullet punch instead of Power-Up Punch and Bulldoze. SD is mandatory to sweep and Bullet Punch is always nice for the priority.

Heavy Slam is kind of useless, maybe give Golurk Stealth Rock (or even Toxic) for an extra option.

Also you have 3 pokemon weak to ground and only vikavolt to resist it, without a move to really fight back. I don't know if that's the team you used for Ciel, but that's a big weakness here in my opinion. I would probably swap Muk with Togekiss or Clefable, who are both bulky and would give you another special option as well as the (most likely) incoming dragon fight.

Overall your team hits hard, but lacks defensive and support options. No healing, no set up moves, no hazard, no stalling/wall option... Giving 4 damaging moves to each of your pokemon is not the ideal solution most of the time. I guess ingame you do fine, but you would get murdered online^^

Godd luck

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to run Spikes on my Greninja for the Ground typing, also helps a lot if you're good enough to predict electric attacks.

 

Would also use Poison Touch on Muk, as well as Shadpw Sneak, it's always nice with a priority move.

 

Like the guy above me wrote, Flamethrower on Arcanine is just not a smart choice unless you go mixed attacker, and that's just not utilizing Arcanine, in my opinion. You also already have a STAB steel type attacker with Lucario, so no need for Iron Head, go for Morning Sun and give your good dog a Leftovers. He'll be a happy dog.

 

And again I agree with the above poster, you have a big weakness to Ground attacks. However I wouldn't replace Muk, I would replace Golurk. Right now his moves are covered by Lucario (fighting) and can be covered by Muk (Ghost). I would instead look into perhaps a Flygon, gives you access to Earthquake as well as pure immunity to Ground attacks to cover your Muk and Lucario. Will come in handy against upcoming Garchomp battle in the gauntlet at Agate City. Alternative could be Swampert who will also give you access to Stealth Rock, a move that is very handy in the upcoming battles and also gives you a very strong defensive member with maxxed HP and Def EVs.

 

Or perhaps a strong Grass-type to resist Ground attacks. Tangrowth with Regenerator is very strong and a solid support.

 

Other mons to consider: A. Ninetails: Aurora Veil let's you set-up Swords Dance and other boosts for a sweep. Also gives you super-effective damage against Ground types as well as helps you deal with Garchomp, plus Freeze-Dry against Amaria. I would actually recommend Ninetails more than any other, Aurora Veil could keep your Vikavolt alive long enough to sweep with Thunderbolt against Amaria and do the same for your Lucario against Hardy. Aurora Veil is very strong, so make use of it my friend!

 

Perhaps consider a Mon with speed and/or hazard control. In the glass factory gauntlet they make use of Sticky Web, so something that either counters that or allows you to retain speed control would be useful. I recently made use of a support Lopunny with Magic Coat in my last run (non-mega Lopunny) and it worked quite beautifully. That's just one example, though. Probably wouldn't use Lopunny with your team.

 

Lastly I would replace Brick Break on Muk with Thunder Punch. You already have Lucario fighting STAB as well as strong Close Combat on Arcanine. You don't need a third fighting type attack until you face off against Hardy where it will come in handy, but Thunder Punch will help you out a lot more against Amaria first, as well as Staraptor in the Agate City battles.. or just replace Thief, it honestly isn't going to be very useful against AI battles. They're very damage-centric and trying fancy stuff in gym battles more often than not you just outplay yourself when a much simpler strategy would have been more effective.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2021 at 10:58 PM, Siv said:

I like to run Spikes on my Greninja for the Ground typing, also helps a lot if you're good enough to predict electric attacks.

 

Would also use Poison Touch on Muk, as well as Shadpw Sneak, it's always nice with a priority move.

 

Like the guy above me wrote, Flamethrower on Arcanine is just not a smart choice unless you go mixed attacker, and that's just not utilizing Arcanine, in my opinion. You also already have a STAB steel type attacker with Lucario, so no need for Iron Head, go for Morning Sun and give your good dog a Leftovers. He'll be a happy dog.

 

And again I agree with the above poster, you have a big weakness to Ground attacks. However I wouldn't replace Muk, I would replace Golurk. Right now his moves are covered by Lucario (fighting) and can be covered by Muk (Ghost). I would instead look into perhaps a Flygon, gives you access to Earthquake as well as pure immunity to Ground attacks to cover your Muk and Lucario. Will come in handy against upcoming Garchomp battle in the gauntlet at Agate City. Alternative could be Swampert who will also give you access to Stealth Rock, a move that is very handy in the upcoming battles and also gives you a very strong defensive member with maxxed HP and Def EVs.

 

Or perhaps a strong Grass-type to resist Ground attacks. Tangrowth with Regenerator is very strong and a solid support.

 

Other mons to consider: A. Ninetails: Aurora Veil let's you set-up Swords Dance and other boosts for a sweep. Also gives you super-effective damage against Ground types as well as helps you deal with Garchomp, plus Freeze-Dry against Amaria. I would actually recommend Ninetails more than any other, Aurora Veil could keep your Vikavolt alive long enough to sweep with Thunderbolt against Amaria and do the same for your Lucario against Hardy. Aurora Veil is very strong, so make use of it my friend!

 

Perhaps consider a Mon with speed and/or hazard control. In the glass factory gauntlet they make use of Sticky Web, so something that either counters that or allows you to retain speed control would be useful. I recently made use of a support Lopunny with Magic Coat in my last run (non-mega Lopunny) and it worked quite beautifully. That's just one example, though. Probably wouldn't use Lopunny with your team.

 

Lastly I would replace Brick Break on Muk with Thunder Punch. You already have Lucario fighting STAB as well as strong Close Combat on Arcanine. You don't need a third fighting type attack until you face off against Hardy where it will come in handy, but Thunder Punch will help you out a lot more against Amaria first, as well as Staraptor in the Agate City battles.. or just replace Thief, it honestly isn't going to be very useful against AI battles. They're very damage-centric and trying fancy stuff in gym battles more often than not you just outplay yourself when a much simpler strategy would have been more effective.

 

Hey, I will replace Gourk with Flygon because of the match ups. I want to get a Alolan Ninetails but i dont know who to replace. Please tell me!

 

Also, where can i get a trapinch?

Edited by hoggez
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, hoggez said:

 

Hey, I will replace Gourk with Flygon because of the match ups. I want to get a Alolan Ninetails but i dont know who to replace. Please tell me!

Arcanine, Golurk, Lucario and Alolan Muk all have physical attacks. If you replace Golurk with Flygon, that's still 4 physical attackers. You don't need that much. So replace one of them with A-Ninetales. Personally I don't really like your Arcanine, so I would swap him for A-Ninetales and maybe give fire punch to Lucario for coverage instead of bulldoze. But then you have 3 pokemon weak to fire :) Not too hard to manage, but swapping with Muk might be easier to balance, that's up to you. For your Ninetales, give it the ability Snow warning and the moves Aurora Veil / Nasty Plot / Dazzling Gleam / Blizzard. Snow warning cast hail immediatly, which gives Blizzard 100% accuracy and allows to use Aurora Veil turn 1. It doubles your defenses, a fantastic move that let Ninetales set up with Nasty Plot and gives a bit of support to your very offensive team. Holding a light clay makes it last for 8 turns, enough to end most fights.

If you want an example, my current team endgame is composed of 2 physical sweepers, 2 special sweepers, 1 support and 1 wall. I am nowhere a specialist, but I found it to be a good balance ingame and should stay competitive online:

1- Exadrill - Earthquake / Iron Head / Sword Dance / Rock Slide.

My first physical sweeper. 2 powerful STAB, SD to boost its amazing damage and Rock Slide for coverage

2- Scrafty - Drain Punch / Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Crunch.

Second physical sweeper. It is bulky enough to use dragon dance and then outspeed most of the opponents. Drain Punch goes well with its bulk, Crunch is its best STAB and Ice Punch covers my team moveset

3- Volcarona - Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Giga Drain / Heat Wave

First special sweeper. Quiver Dance helps a lot to outspeed most opponents, Bug Buzz is its best bug STAB. Giga-Drain covers water weakness and help sustainability. I prefer Heat Wave for last move to hit all opponents in double battle, but flamethrower has more accuracy and Fiery Dance can boost SpA so all 3 are good.

4- Togekiss - Nasty Plot / Roost / Air Slash / Dazzling Gleam

Second special sweeper. Roost helps to set up nasty plot. Air Slash with the ability Serene Grace is powerful STAB with 60% chance to flinch. Dazzling Gleam to take care of dragons.

5- Meowstic-M - Thunder Wave / Light Screen / Reflect / Psychic

Support. Yes, that cat is rather weak. But with the ability prankster it is garanteed to put a screen for 8 turns or paralize the opponent. It works really well in my team and I can't find a reason to replace him.

6- Toxapex - Haze / Toxic / Recover / Scald

Wall/Staller. When I hate someone I just throw Toxapex to their face. It has sky high defenses and can stall forever with Toxic + Recover. Haze removes all stats change so you can't set up against him. And Scald to scary for physical attackers.

Overall, I don't have more than 2 pokemon sharing the same weakness and they all cover each others with their moveset (I am a bit weak against water opponents, but can manage). What I wanted to show is that to make your team, you don't necessarly need to just pick the 6 most offensive pokemon and hope to hit hard every opponents. My Toxapex alone would wall your team after Meowstic uses Reflect and Light Screen.

So my advice would be to give a bit more support moves to your team. Lucario loves Sword Dance. Morning Sun might help Arcanine to fight 1 or 2 more turns. Muk should have Toxic to help against very resistant opponents... that's just some examples that would boost your team significantly I think.

- Greninja. You want it to cover as much as possible due to its STAB and your moveset looks good. Giving him Spikes for the ground typing could be fun though and completly wall Electic pokemon send against him.

- Lucario. I think you need Sword Dance. +2 Atk is no joke. And I would give him Bullet Punch. A +1 priority move is always useful in a team. Last move, Drain Punch if available, or Close Combat and then Ice Punch to cover

- Vikavolt. I would remove Hidden Power and give it Thunder Wave. It is super slow so paralizing the opponent is really helpful there. Or use Agility to boost your own speed, might be better to sweep then.

- Arcanine. If you keep him, I would run Extreme Speed. Powerful priority move. Flare Blitz is its best STAB and with morning sun you can recover from the recoil. Wild Charge can be a fun last move and surprise a water opponent.

- A-Muk. I would replace Brick Break for Toxic to help when facing bulky opponents

- A-Ninetales. Already expalined

- Flygon. Earthqake / Dragon Claw. Its best 2 STABS in my opinion (I don't like Outrage). Then I would give it Dragon Dance and Defog. DD allows it to be faster than any other pokemon and boost attack. And Defog just because you have no other way in your team to manage hazards. But that's more a "competitive" move, Aerial Ace could also be nice as you have no flying move in your team

That's my 2 cents, hope you find it useful. Take every advice with a pinch of salt, I am not good anyway^^

Good luck !

 

Edited by Silkerin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silkerin said:

Arcanine, Golurk, Lucario and Alolan Muk all have physical attacks. If you replace Golurk with Flygon, that's still 4 physical attackers. You don't need that much. So replace one of them with A-Ninetales. Personally I don't really like your Arcanine, so I would swap him for A-Ninetales and maybe give fire punch to Lucario for coverage instead of bulldoze. But then you have 3 pokemon weak to fire :) Not too hard to manage, but swapping with Muk might be easier to balance, that's up to you. For your Ninetales, give it the ability Snow warning and the moves Aurora Veil / Nasty Plot / Dazzling Gleam / Blizzard. Snow warning cast hail immediatly, which gives Blizzard 100% accuracy and allows to use Aurora Veil turn 1. It doubles your defenses, a fantastic move that let Ninetales set up with Nasty Plot and gives a bit of support to your very offensive team. Holding a light clay makes it last for 8 turns, enough to end most fights.

If you want an example, my current team endgame is composed of 2 physical sweepers, 2 special sweepers, 1 support and 1 wall. I am nowhere a specialist, but I found it to be a good balance ingame and should stay competitive online:

1- Exadrill - Earthquake / Iron Head / Sword Dance / Rock Slide.

My first physical sweeper. 2 powerful STAB, SD to boost its amazing damage and Rock Slide for coverage

2- Scrafty - Drain Punch / Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Crunch.

Second physical sweeper. It is bulky enough to use dragon dance and then outspeed most of the opponents. Drain Punch goes well with its bulk, Crunch is its best STAB and Ice Punch covers my team moveset

3- Volcarona - Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Giga Drain / Heat Wave

First special sweeper. Quiver Dance helps a lot to outspeed most opponents, Bug Buzz is its best bug STAB. Giga-Drain covers water weakness and help sustainability. I prefer Heat Wave for last move to hit all opponents in double battle, but flamethrower has more accuracy and Fiery Dance can boost SpA so all 3 are good.

4- Togekiss - Nasty Plot / Roost / Air Slash / Dazzling Gleam

Second special sweeper. Roost helps to set up nasty plot. Air Slash with the ability Serene Grace is powerful STAB with 60% chance to flinch. Dazzling Gleam to take care of dragons.

5- Meowstic-M - Thunder Wave / Light Screen / Reflect / Psychic

Support. Yes, that cat is rather weak. But with the ability prankster it is garanteed to put a screen for 8 turns or paralize the opponent. It works really well in my team and I can't find a reason to replace him.

6- Toxapex - Haze / Toxic / Recover / Scald

Wall/Staller. When I hate someone I just throw Toxapex to their face. It has sky high defenses and can stall forever with Toxic + Recover. Haze removes all stats change so you can't set up against him. And Scald to scary for physical attackers.

Overall, I don't have more than 2 pokemon sharing the same weakness and they all cover each others with their moveset (I am a bit weak against water opponents, but can manage). What I wanted to show is that to make your team, you don't necessarly need to just pick the 6 most offensive pokemon and hope to hit hard every opponents. My Toxapex alone would wall your team after Meowstic uses Reflect and Light Screen.

So my advice would be to give a bit more support moves to your team. Lucario loves Sword Dance. Morning Sun might help Arcanine to fight 1 or 2 more turns. Muk should have Toxic to help against very resistant opponents... that's just some examples that would boost your team significantly I think.

- Greninja. You want it to cover as much as possible due to its STAB and your moveset looks good. Giving him Spikes for the ground typing could be fun though and completly wall Electic pokemon send against him.

- Lucario. I think you need Sword Dance. +2 Atk is no joke. And I would give him Bullet Punch. A +1 priority move is always useful in a team. Last move, Drain Punch if available, or Close Combat and then Ice Punch to cover

- Vikavolt. I would remove Hidden Power and give it Thunder Wave. It is super slow so paralizing the opponent is really helpful there. Or use Agility to boost your own speed, might be better to sweep then.

- Arcanine. If you keep him, I would run Extreme Speed. Powerful priority move. Flare Blitz is its best STAB and with morning sun you can recover from the recoil. Wild Charge can be a fun last move and surprise a water opponent.

- A-Muk. I would replace Brick Break for Toxic to help when facing bulky opponents

- A-Ninetales. Already expalined

- Flygon. Earthqake / Dragon Claw. Its best 2 STABS in my opinion (I don't like Outrage). Then I would give it Dragon Dance and Defog. DD allows it to be faster than any other pokemon and boost attack. And Defog just because you have no other way in your team to manage hazards. But that's more a "competitive" move, Aerial Ace could also be nice as you have no flying move in your team

That's my 2 cents, hope you find it useful. Take every advice with a pinch of salt, I am not good anyway^^

Good luck !

 

 

Alright, thanks for the help but i still dont know how to get Flygon. I searched it up but didnt find anything. Is it a Special Encounter or just really rare?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hoggez said:

 

Alright, thanks for the help but i still dont know how to get Flygon. I searched it up but didnt find anything. Is it a Special Encounter or just really rare?

 

You can get a Trapinch in an event after Serra. There should be a house in the Chrysolia Forest (just outside of Spinel Town) with a guy trading it for a Mothim. Check this guide if you need help, that's still mostly relevant for Ep.18:

If you are stuck I can trade you one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a trade event in Chrysolia Forest. Outside Spinel Town.

 

I would keep Arcanine. Intimidate and Fire STAB is so very strong. Give it Elemental Seed against Amaria and switch it in when it's Underwater Field, if I remember you get Wild Charge before that and it will be a very useful asset in that fight.

 

You don't need to worry too much against AI battles, you know what you're facing and even so, Reborn AI battles is all about damage.

 

If you want A. Ninetails, Snow Warning ability + Light Clay item, Aurora Veil / Freeze-Dry / Hail / Hypnosis is the move-set I would recommend.

Max HP / Max Speed EVs with Timid nature to give it bulk and make sure you can outspeed to get either your Hypnosis or A-Veil off before you're hit.

Freeze-Dry over Blizzard because it's super effective against Water.

Hypnosis allows you to get Veil off and then swap to your sweeper without a fuss.

You could have Dazzling Gleam instead of Hail if you want.

 

Your strategy would be to use it a support. Set up Veil, then get your sweepers in and either set up Swords Dances and start sweeping - or just plain start sweeping.

 

I think I would replace A. Muk if I was you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Silkerin said:

 

You can get a Trapinch in an event after Serra. There should be a house in the Chrysolia Forest (just outside of Spinel Town) with a guy trading it for a Mothim. Check this guide if you need help, that's still mostly relevant for Ep.18:

If you are stuck I can trade you one.

 

Ok i looked it up but i dont know how to get a Mothim. It says that it is only found while headbutting trees and i dont have headbutt. It would be cool if u could trade me a trapinch!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoggez said:

 

Ok i looked it up but i dont know how to get a Mothim. It says that it is only found while headbutting trees and i dont have headbutt. It would be cool if u could trade me a trapinch!

 

 

Are you online now? What's your ingame name?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silkerin said:

 

Are you online now? What's your ingame name?

 

I am online, And my name is Hogge. I havent done this before so i might be al little slow

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoggez said:

 

I am online, And my name is Hogge. I havent done this before so i might be al little slow

 

"The user Hogge does not exist". Is that the name you used to connect online in game? Try Silkerin on your side. Also I have a nice trained Trapinch, but without a full moveset is that ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silkerin said:

 

"The user Hogge does not exist". Is that the name you used to connect online in game? Try Silkerin on your side. Also I have a nice trained Trapinch, but without a full moveset is that ok?

 

Ok ill try. It is fine that the trapinch has a moveset

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silkerin said:

 

Thanks, do you want your Noivern back? For a lvl 3 Rattata for all I care^^

 

I mean i guess. I just swap him in to have a flyer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect ! Good luck !

By the way, maybe I shouldn't say that but you can use a mod to use all TMX with any pokemon without learning the move (still need the TM and the badge). That's a nice QoL and I don't thnk it is really considered cheating in the community. Helps to get rid of HM slaves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silkerin said:

Perfect ! Good luck !

By the way, maybe I shouldn't say that but you can use a mod to use all TMX with any pokemon without learning the move (still need the TM and the badge). That's a nice QoL and I don't thnk it is really considered cheating in the community. Helps to get rid of HM slaves.

 

Oh nice. I did recently download the weather changer to get a department store sticker so i should download this aswell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, Silkerin said:

Perfect ! Good luck !

By the way, maybe I shouldn't say that but you can use a mod to use all TMX with any pokemon without learning the move (still need the TM and the badge). That's a nice QoL and I don't thnk it is really considered cheating in the community. Helps to get rid of HM slaves.

By the way, where can i find the Lucarioite? I am right before the Amaria battle so is it available?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hoggez said:

By the way, where can i find the Lucarioite? I am right before the Amaria battle so is it available?

 

Lucarioite is not in game yet.

The link below gives you the position of every item available in Ep.18 if you need.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...