Can't access the police station

I beat the first gym and got access to obsidia ward through the northeastern exit from peridot ward. I beat the scraggy gang and the Cain battle in berryl ward, but I can't figure out how to progress now. I looked at the walkthrough so I know I'm not just being dumb, I went all over the map multiple times and can't progress any further. I also cannot get the stufful despite having the first badge. It's trainer is giving me the same dialog as before I got the first badge. None of the other exits out of peridot ward are open and I don't have any HMs.

1 hour ago, warewolf12019 said:

I beat the first gym and got access to obsidia ward through the northeastern exit from peridot ward. I beat the scraggy gang and the Cain battle in berryl ward, but I can't figure out how to progress now. I looked at the walkthrough so I know I'm not just being dumb, I went all over the map multiple times and can't progress any further. I also cannot get the stufful despite having the first badge. It's trainer is giving me the same dialog as before I got the first badge. None of the other exits out of peridot ward are open and I don't have any HMs.

You need to go back to the Obsidia Park. Exit the Coral Ward and go north until you encounter Florinia and Amaria(they are in front of the park). Florinia gives you Cut and from there you can progress the storyline. Also, you need two badges to obtain the Stufful from the girl. Hope this helps! 

11 hours ago, warewolf12019 said:

That is because police station is after second gym, you need to unlock Jasper ward
Go down from the slums to coral ward, from there battle cain then go back up to the park beat that stuff and continue N out to Onyx ward or whatever with the game corner

Thank you for the help, I figured it out now :) I could've sworn there were police officers north of coral ward preventing me from going that way, but when I tried again today they were gone. I dunno what happened there but the issue is resolved now. Thanks :)