Back up saves won't work

I'm having issues with my back up saves. Whenever I try to use another savefile it won't work, I'm not good at explaining things so I'll provide screenshots.

I'm currently at this part of the game

image.thumb.png.648beb96c5fc3ec43391789cae39b990.png

Here is my current save and back up files

image.thumb.png.c9097d28727e1db4fb4583c818386ca9.png

then I changed it to this...

image.thumb.png.203e170f68fe043998e3f7f647296774.png

then when I open the game

image.png

I am STILL at this part. I don't understand why this happened or what to do about it.

I used both 'game' and 'game-z' and it's the same issue with both.

At first I thought it was because I have a new computer and it doesn't work well or maybe one of the mods I downloaded messed it up, however this is only the case with my 3rd save slot. I tried it out with my 2nd save slot and it worked fine!

If someone could help me that be nice.

Edited by Rozetheeuwu
screesnhots werent in the right order
35 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Are you sure your on save 3
But it also looks like it saved a bunch of times ther maybe go back a couple more files
Sometimes saves corrupt in batches as well

Yes I'm sure. I actually went ahead and changed it to the earliest file I had of save 3 (which is around 5 minutes into the game) and that one did work, but when I changed it to another file (two badges in) it went right back to where I currently am (at pyrous mountain)

1 hour ago, wcv said:

Sorry, but I really don't understand what the issue is. What are you trying to do, and what's happening?

Well I wanted to go back to an earlier part in the game and you should be able to do that by changing the back-up files, but for whatever reason whenever I try to change it it doesn't work and it stays on the part where I last saved (in this case, pyrous mountain) no matter which file I change it to 

1 hour ago, Rozetheeuwu said:

Well I wanted to go back to an earlier part in the game and you should be able to do that by changing the back-up files, but for whatever reason whenever I try to change it it doesn't work and it stays on the part where I last saved (in this case, pyrous mountain) no matter which file I change it to 

Did you rename the file you want to load?

Just from glancing at the numbers it seems like you have a gap in save time of about 20 minutes between Game 98 and 99 (which was the one you renamed. Did you check the Save 98 to see if maybe that was the one you wanted?

7 hours ago, wcv said:

Did you rename the file you want to load?

Just from glancing at the numbers it seems like you have a gap in save time of about 20 minutes between Game 98 and 99 (which was the one you renamed. Did you check the Save 98 to see if maybe that was the one you wanted?

I renamed the file I wanted to load and I've tried to all my files and they all end up at the part I last saved (except my earliest file which is 5 minutes into the game)

8 hours ago, Rozetheeuwu said:

I renamed the file I wanted to load and I've tried to all my files and they all end up at the part I last saved (except my earliest file which is 5 minutes into the game)

Okay, could you upload a couple of your saves so I can see if the same thing happens on my end?

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2021 at 6:46 PM, wcv said:

Okay, could you upload a couple of your saves so I can see if the same thing happens on my end?

Here are some

Edited by Rozetheeuwu

Okay so the Game_3 you uploaded puts me in Obsidia Ward without Shade's badge.

132 put me in Blackstream Factory before the Pulse Muk fight.

73 put me under the Grand Stairway after talking to Solaris it looks like.

I know you said you've already done this, but are you sure you're loading Save game 3? Looking at your list of saves, it looks like none of them have more than 3 badges, which isn't enough to get to the volcano. You'd need 5 since its a post-Shade battle.

2 hours ago, wcv said:

Okay so the Game_3 you uploaded puts me in Obsidia Ward without Shade's badge.

132 put me in Blackstream Factory before the Pulse Muk fight.

73 put me under the Grand Stairway after talking to Solaris it looks like.

I know you said you've already done this, but are you sure you're loading Save game 3? Looking at your list of saves, it looks like none of them have more than 3 badges, which isn't enough to get to the volcano. You'd need 5 since its a post-Shade battle.

I'm 100% sure it's game 3. Yeah I don't know why, but after saving a specific amount of times it either stops making back-ups or delete some old files

2 hours ago, wcv said:

I know you said you've already done this, but are you sure you're loading Save game 3?

Okay so I rechecked again, I don't know what exectly how this happened since but it turns out it was under save 1. I don't under stand why that is the case since it was save 3 before. It might have happened when I got a new computer, but I'm not sure. It also may be the case that I wasn't paying close attention.

Well anyway I guess problem the is solved, thanks for helping me.