stuck in water treatment plant

I lost the double battle against the two trainers after titania and Taka spoke again in the water treatment plant and am now stuck (the water that Taka lowered for me is now raised) - the only other thread on this I've seen only showed a solution for this on pc but I'm on Mac - can I have any help? thank you!

5 hours ago, W1ll said:

I lost the double battle against the two trainers after titania and Taka spoke again in the water treatment plant and am now stuck (the water that Taka lowered for me is now raised) - the only other thread on this I've seen only showed a solution for this on pc but I'm on Mac - can I have any help? thank you!

Post your save file and it can be fixed.

hi I've followed the instructions for finding save file and it's different on Catalina 10.15 - when I go to application support Pokemon reborn isn't there and application support isn't in users. any other ideas? sorry 

3 hours ago, W1ll said:

hi I've followed the instructions for finding save file and it's different on Catalina 10.15 - when I go to application support Pokemon reborn isn't there and application support isn't in users. any other ideas? sorry 

You can try running a manuel search for Game.rxdata, but I am not familiar with Macs so don't know how to do so on those machines.

14 hours ago, wcv said:

You can try running a manuel search for Game.rxdata, but I am not familiar with Macs so don't know how to do so on those machines.

thank you I just had to search for it in Macintosh HD instead of all files - this should be it.

thanks!

Game.rxdata

17 hours ago, W1ll said:

thank you - do you know where I move the file to now; I moved it to the "data' file in package contents but it just kept me to where I was beforehand so I assume its the wrong place

Put the file back where you found it initially. The Macintosh HD. It needs to replace the original file you uploaded in order for the save to load.

7 hours ago, wcv said:

Put the file back where you found it initially. The Macintosh HD. It needs to replace the original file you uploaded in order for the save to load.

The Macintosh HD is where the package contents of the program are stored. I assume the file should be saved in 'data' within the package contents because almost all the files have same same .rxdata extension, yet it doesn't work. I'm really sorry to keep asking!

7 hours ago, W1ll said:

The Macintosh HD is where the package contents of the program are stored. I assume the file should be saved in 'data' within the package contents because almost all the files have same same .rxdata extension, yet it doesn't work. I'm really sorry to keep asking!

The game does not look in data for its save data. It needs to go back where you originally found the file because that’s where the game is looking when it saves or loads the file.

All that .rxdata means is that its the type of file that Pokemon essentials (and I assume other RPGMaker games) reads when operating. The same way that MS Word uses .doc, or pictures have the .png or similar.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, wcv said:

The game does not look in data for its save data. It needs to go back where you originally found the file because that’s where the game is looking when it saves or loads the file.

All that .rxdata means is that its the type of file that Pokemon essentials (and I assume other RPGMaker games) reads when operating. The same way that MS Word uses .doc, or pictures have the .png or similar.

sorry for all the hassle -  I found the original location of it in the Macintosh HD but couldn't save the new file to it. however on Mac OS X 10.15 they changed how the Macintosh HD works and so it now read-only, so there is no way for me to move the new game.rxdata file back. sorry for the hassle

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, W1ll said:

sorry for all the hassle -  I found the original location of it in the Macintosh HD but couldn't save the new file to it. however on Mac OS X 10.15 they changed how the Macintosh HD works and so it now read-only, so there is no way for me to move the new game.rxdata file back. sorry for the hassle

This might help?

Open Finder and navigate to the file on which you want to change permissions. Right-click its icon, and select "Get Info" to enter the file's Info window.

Click the "Sharing & Permissions" drop-down arrow on the left side of the Info window.

Click the "Read only" option in the Privilege column for the desired user, and then select "Read & Write." Enter an administrator password if required.

18 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

This might help?

Open Finder and navigate to the file on which you want to change permissions. Right-click its icon, and select "Get Info" to enter the file's Info window.

Click the "Sharing & Permissions" drop-down arrow on the left side of the Info window.

Click the "Read only" option in the Privilege column for the desired user, and then select "Read & Write." Enter an administrator password if required.

thanks for trying but the file itself I can read and write to but its the Macintosh HD which is read-only. I can't open it in finder only when choosing files to send does it even appear as an option, and hence I cannot save the file to the Macintosh HD which is where the original was stored. I tried to see if I could get the same 'sharing and permissions' drop-down for the location but it seemingly only appears for individual files, not folders or locations. thanks for trying though :)

On 1/12/2021 at 4:00 AM, W1ll said:

thanks for trying but the file itself I can read and write to but its the Macintosh HD which is read-only. I can't open it in finder only when choosing files to send does it even appear as an option, and hence I cannot save the file to the Macintosh HD which is where the original was stored. I tried to see if I could get the same 'sharing and permissions' drop-down for the location but it seemingly only appears for individual files, not folders or locations. thanks for trying though :)

Okay, so if you can't overwrite the save file at all there is one last thing we can try.

Specifically a mod:

What you want to do is set it up as directed, and enable the ability to walk through walls. That will give you the ability to walk across the water to where you need to go. Don't mess around with it too much unless you need to though since it can screw your game up if you walk somewhere you shouldn't be yet.