529494557_minorgraphicerror.thumb.png.c67412b3405aced9c59c3ea47c0f3a8a.pngMinor error with the window on the second floor of the orphanage place. 

Clipping error with the top of Blacksteam Factory

clipping error.png

Little pop up of the character when you walk horizontally while under the banner in front of the Apophyll Academy/Gym.

pop up.png

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,
I mentioned a possible bug in the discord server and a moderator told me to post it here. I was battling a trainer in the building where you get the starters, where the situation arose with the trainer had an extremely low swampert left as his last pokemon while stealth rocks were up. I swapped to a different pokemon to get the exp from the Swampert, but it died to rocks and there was no exp from it. The game went straight to the end of battle scene.

Edited by Jacob1531
I wanted to add the last sentence to make the situation more clear
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being drunk and lazy, in case someone mentioned this before.

Upon entering Iolia Valley, the conversation includes "...this saturday night babeh, id like to take you out, knowwhatimean nudge nudge"

It's a very, VERY minor error, but still. Capitalization and whatnot is key to proper grammar.

...I feel like I should add a "harrumph" somewhere. So there.

...edit: As I continue this conversation, this may have been intentional. But still.

Edited by Risakisa
stated in post
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 18.4.3 Beta, Linux

I think the first two are related to the used engine (MKXP-Z) on Linux. These should be reproducible using Game-z.exe on Windows. (I don’t have a Windows installation, so can’t confirm that.)

The Premier Ball item description starts with a non-printable character, which should be removed:

1004624329_PremierBall.png.45d2a10dbbfad833dcaeb242be5cbd0e.png

Two of the four Pokemon marker symbols are non-printable:

Box.png.17d0a057cf917de09aa00d47a3b5d282.png

During any weather condition, the kid standing at the house near the train tracks in Peridot vanishes.

The kid should be inside the house by his mom for consistency. (Disregard this, if I just missed an event involving the kid.)

1430415055_Peridotkid.png.9eec81692dcdedf4f56cd9678c85e3c2.png

This is an accessibility issue:

The locked door, part of the puzzle in the Obsidia Slums requires you to hear the audio cue.

If you can’t hear, because you are deaf or can’t play with sound for whatever reason, you can never know you progressed by pressing A when facing the wall.

There is simply no visual indication of progress. Maybe a simple text box containing “Click” or similar when interacting with the switch helps progressing here.

1770362610_ObsidiaslumsScraggyPuzzle.png.26ff2a41dc684874165599557da189f3.png

The settings window always states the currently selected speech frame, regardless of the currently selected setting.

Also, Cancel does not cancel made changes, but it saves and goes back. So it should be re-phrased to “Save & Exit” or similar:

settings.png.0b9743ef9590e5632ec04834ac4f8aff.png

And a forum meta-issue: The bug reporting guide links to the E17 minor issues thread instead of this E18 one.

Edited by luziferius
Added more entries
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 11:44 AM, Starry Knight said:

Pokesnax aren't getting consumed after interacting with event Pokemon

Code checks for the Pokesnax but doesn't delete item after obtaining pokemon

Should it consume the Pokesnax only for a certain kind of events?

If the event type is "The wild pokemon attacked", then you defend yourself and either the wild pokemon faints or lands in a Pokeball. In both cases you defended the backpack, so none should be lost. [*]

On the other hand, if the event type is "You hand out a Pokesnax and directly obtain the wild pokemon", the Pokesnax should obviously be consumed.

[*] Idea for a hidden mechanic: If you happen to lose the battle against a wild pokemon that attacked for food, you should hand out the Pokesnax as you black out. (Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this, so I don’t know if this actually already happens.)

3 hours ago, luziferius said:

Should it consume the Pokesnax only for a certain kind of events?

If the event type is "The wild pokemon attacked", then you defend yourself and either the wild pokemon faints or lands in a Pokeball. In both cases you defended the backpack, so none should be lost. [*]

On the other hand, if the event type is "You hand out a Pokesnax and directly obtain the wild pokemon", the Pokesnax should obviously be consumed.

[*] Idea for a hidden mechanic: If you happen to lose the battle against a wild pokemon that attacked for food, you should hand out the Pokesnax as you black out. (Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this, so I don’t know if this actually already happens.)

Even when giving the snax out it wasn't deleting them

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I don't really think I can show the issue in an image, but in onyx ward, if you take the elevator in that one apartment building to the rooftop garden and fly somewhere, the elevator will stay at the rooftop. You'll enter it from the ground floor, then without changing the floor, you'll exit on the rooftop. 

Edited by MoonlitLillypop
  • 3 months later...

(1) There is a roof tile in Beryl (post-restoration) that renders under the player.

Spoiler

1130476880_bug1-1(1).thumb.PNG.58e1d72b72aa6b0eee41a4af06808e1c.PNG

(2) In the chain of trains connecting the desert to "Once upon a somewhere", one of the doors leads to the wrong room.

Spoiler

Room C. The south door leads to the north door in room A. Should be room B.

room-3.thumb.PNG.2763493943254b101e429e8a235c7ec7.PNG

Room B. The south door leads to the north door in room A. The north door leads to the south door in room C.

room-2.thumb.PNG.2e1627cc79744d268834d67b5e54a307.PNG

Room A. The north door leads to the south door in room B.

room-1.thumb.PNG.891c6022b9e18645f3404c3ce4f278e9.PNG

• 1 month later...

Video footage of the bugged rocks: 

Reproduction steps:

1. Smash a train through a pile of rocks as a part of the main storyline.

2. After the train stops in Chrysolia Pass, head back to the place where the pile of rocks used to be. I haven't gotten very far beyond this point yet, so I don't know if advancing the plot too much will fix this error or make it irrelevant. Note that, at this point, I had not completed the puzzle to unlock the barrier on the left side of this area.

3. Walk through some of the rocks here as if they weren't there.

Reproduction steps:

1. Have a full party of Pokemon (and empty space in Box 1).

2. Catch a 7th Pokemon.

3. Select the option to replace a Pokemon in your party with your newly caught Pokemon and select a Pokemon to send back to the PC.

4. Notice that the message "[Pokemon] was sent to Box 1" lacks a period.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but after using an item (such as a pokeball) in battle, your cursor will default back to the Fight command on your next turn. This means that just mashing A to try to repeatedly throw pokeballs at a weakened wild 'mon can very easily result in you accidentally commanding your Pokemon to KO it. Each time you want to throw another pokeball at a wild Pokemon, you'll need to move your cursor right one space (to the Bag command), THEN mash A, which can be quite irritating.

I don't know how this is handled in other Pokemon games, but within Reborn itself, using a move will cause your cursor to default to selecting that move if you select the Fight command on your next turn, so there is precedent for cursor memory in battle in Reborn.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

When going to the Tourmaline Desert for the first time, I had an extra line of dialogue with Taka (Reshiram Route) that was not listed on the wiki, and found a hidden Sun Stone right at the platform. I realized I forgot to buy more pokeballs, so F12'd to a save right before going to the desert, bought more pokeballs and saved. When returning to the desert, the dialogue line was gone and the hidden item was a Red Hots. Upon resetting again, I got no extra dialogue line and no hidden item. I replied the same each time, so don't know if this is a bug or not.

Spoiler

Screenshot (44).png

Spoiler

Screenshot (45).png

Spoiler

Screenshot (46).png

Spoiler

Screenshot (47).png

Edited by Jacobo375
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi All 

I came across a hilarious bug that was funny.

I have done the unthinkable

I obtained Female Nidoran M.. Yes you read it right.. 

I was doing SR while getting a Nidoran M in the onyx arcade using my coins. I Sr'ed multiple times for obvious reasons like good IV's and good nature. 
While doing one of the attempt, This happened. 

image.png.b1fb15d8b7cafe48e2b0a140f42fd69f.png
image.png.41c90f90fc9e3a04018cb659e564db69.png

Edited by barath1989
  • 1 month later...