Strange damage count for Psychic on Ashen Beach

Hello, 

I'm not sure this is actually a bug, but I've just been fighting Kiki and I have had a couple of Psychic attacks that damaged their enemies a bit too little. The thing is, I'm using the wikia to get the EVs/IVs of my opponents, so perhaps it's incorrect or I'm doing the wrong calculations.

Everything uses Smogon's S/M damage calculator. 

Here are the two situations: 

1) Swoobat using Psychic against the Lucario (lv 40, 30 IVs HP/SpDef, no EVs and neutral nature according to the wikia). 

Swoobat is Simple and used one Calm Mind (so +4 SpAtk on Ashen Beach)

Lucario used one Calm Mind too (so +2 SpDef). 

Swoobat is level 44 (or perhaps 45), Mild, with 23 IV and 51 EV in SpAtk, and holds a TwistedSpoon.

Damage output: slightly less than OHKO.

Smogon low estimate: 87.2% (so with the *1.2 it should be an automatic OHKO)

2) Meowstic using Psychic against Charmina (lv 41, 31 IVs everywhere, no EVs and neutral nature according to the wikia).

Meowstic is level 41, Mild, with 42 EVs and 25 IVs in SpAtk, and holds a Light Clay. 

Damage output: less than half. 

Smogon low estimate: 45.5 % -- so with the *1.2 it should be noticeably over half. 

What is happening here? Are Kiki's Charmina and Lucario invested in HP or SpDef or is there a bug (say, Psychic isn't actually boosted on Ashen Beach)?  

Thank you. 

I know I should EV train, but I don't want to do it right now. I'll probably do some later, before some harder battles than these. But that's not my question here.  

16 hours ago, Mindlack said:

Hello, 

I'm not sure this is actually a bug, but I've just been fighting Kiki and I have had a couple of Psychic attacks that damaged their enemies a bit too little. The thing is, I'm using the wikia to get the EVs/IVs of my opponents, so perhaps it's incorrect or I'm doing the wrong calculations.

Everything uses Smogon's S/M damage calculator. 

Here are the two situations: 

1) Swoobat using Psychic against the Lucario (lv 40, 30 IVs HP/SpDef, no EVs and neutral nature according to the wikia). 

Swoobat is Simple and used one Calm Mind (so +4 SpAtk on Ashen Beach)

Lucario used one Calm Mind too (so +2 SpDef). 

Swoobat is level 44 (or perhaps 45), Mild, with 23 IV and 51 EV in SpAtk, and holds a TwistedSpoon.

Damage output: slightly less than OHKO.

Smogon low estimate: 87.2% (so with the *1.2 it should be an automatic OHKO)

2) Meowstic using Psychic against Charmina (lv 41, 31 IVs everywhere, no EVs and neutral nature according to the wikia).

Meowstic is level 41, Mild, with 42 EVs and 25 IVs in SpAtk, and holds a Light Clay. 

Damage output: less than half. 

Smogon low estimate: 45.5 % -- so with the *1.2 it should be noticeably over half. 

What is happening here? Are Kiki's Charmina and Lucario invested in HP or SpDef or is there a bug (say, Psychic isn't actually boosted on Ashen Beach)?  

Thank you. 

All the Gym Leaders Mons to my understanding are all EV and IV trained to their specific stats

But HP/Sp.Def aren't specific stats of Lucario or Medicham, are they? And the wikia disagrees -- apparently the first EV trained ace is Serra's. 

(Though it could of course be incorrect or outdated)

7 hours ago, Mindlack said:

But HP/Sp.Def aren't specific stats of Lucario or Medicham, are they? And the wikia disagrees -- apparently the first EV trained ace is Serra's. 

(Though it could of course be incorrect or outdated)

Im gonna make a guess that Wikia is outdated now

5 hours ago, keyblade336 said:

Im gonna make a guess that Wikia is outdated now

It’s quite possible indeed. However, so far it gave me the right info on Pokemon levels, movesets, and the right ballpark for damage... so did the devs specifically change the ev spreads since the wikia’s last update? 
(or is it just the first modification I catch)

That’s why I would really be interested in a non-conjecture answer. 

Okay, so it wasn't a bug in the end. 

I found out from CosminCosman on Discord that Kiki's mons were EV invested, with level*1.5 EV in every stat. That makes it just possible (with unfavorable rounding or perhaps a display thing that keeps enemy mons green if they're less than 1 HP under 50%) that Meowstic took 59-60/119 HP from Medicham; similarly, the Swoobat had probability 7/8 to OHKO. I just got unlucky damage rolls.