Getting Loads of errors and game won't start

So whenever I load up the game it's giving me loads of error notifications stuff like 

TypeError Incompatible marshal file format (can't be read)

End of file reached

Then the title screen will show and after pressing enter the same stuff will show up and the last message before a force close will say

Script Pokemon Load Line 461 NoMethodError occurred undefined method last save for nil:Nil Class

I've tried taking the last save file from the folder and I've tried downloading the game again and opening it from the new download and the same thing still shows up

• Global Mods
23 hours ago, AlicePetal said:

So whenever I load up the game it's giving me loads of error notifications stuff like 

TypeError Incompatible marshal file format (can't be read)

End of file reached

Then the title screen will show and after pressing enter the same stuff will show up and the last message before a force close will say

Script Pokemon Load Line 461 NoMethodError occurred undefined method last save for nil:Nil Class

I've tried taking the last save file from the folder and I've tried downloading the game again and opening it from the new download and the same thing still shows up

You back a couple more saves maybe

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue, except I just freshly installed the game. I had an older version of the game (15) and removed everything from it, including my old saves which I do not want back. I wanted to start over since I haven't played it in so long, except now I can't due to the same issue as above. What files do I need to go in to try to fix it?

8 hours ago, Prussianfreak17 said:

I'm having the same issue, except I just freshly installed the game. I had an older version of the game (15) and removed everything from it, including my old saves which I do not want back. I wanted to start over since I haven't played it in so long, except now I can't due to the same issue as above. What files do I need to go in to try to fix it?

2 questions
First of all, is the game being run via administrator?

and 2nd, Do you have antivirus software running for it
I used to use iObits Malwarefighter and it would start whining everytime a file in reborns folder was being accessed by something