How to start game on Linux

Hi, I downloaded the Penguin version but I don't see how to actually boot the game up. I attached a screenshot showing the contents of the game folder. I saw only one other post here about this issue but the problem was not actually addressed properly; "For Reborn just double click on the thing as we pack it into one for Linux I believe" doesn't actually explain anything. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 09-42-49.png

Edited by drunkdemon
  • Global Mods
4 hours ago, drunkdemon said:

Hi, I downloaded the Penguin version but I don't see how to actually boot the game up. I attached a screenshot showing the contents of the game folder. I saw only one other post here about this issue but the problem was not actually addressed properly; "For Reborn just double click on the thing as we pack it into one for Linux I believe" doesn't actually explain anything. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 09-42-49.png

Oh okay

I thought it was packed into the application

I hadn't realized that it wasn't packed

Sorry

Try the purple one appimage I think?

If not let me know

56 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Oh okay

I thought it was packed into the application

I hadn't realized that it wasn't packed

Sorry

Try the purple one appimage I think?

If not let me know

I tried running that file already, checked permissions, running in the terminal and everything. It didn't work.

6 hours ago, Hellscythe said:

Did it just not start when you ran it through the terminal, or did it give you any debug messages? If it did give you any messages, could you post a screenshot?

Here is the screenshot.

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 08-22-20.png

• Global Mods

Ah, you're missing a core shared library to run the file, then. I'm guessing you're on Ubuntu, so you could try looking for that specific file on https://pkgs.org/, or scouting the Ubuntu forums (which I can attest is a very good information source) for that issue.