Jump to content
Cervys

Pokémon Rainbow: Arc 1 and Arc 2

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

rainbowTitle.thumb.png.b5ab75e77f4164cf843a8d51705760b7.png

Story:

Instructed by a voice you don't know and cast out into an unfamiliar world, it is up to you to explore the vibrant Prisma Region,

collect the seven Arcs and maybe even foil one or two plans of the mysterious Team Spectrum along the way. Traverse dense forests,

strange caves and even the ocean floor as you make friends with special Rainbow Pokémon and a (literally) colorful cast of characters!

 

enchanted.png.8659df4cd1ba2abb70c855874273104b.pngruins.png.92ef1addd47aa13afdb1c8b3f91b30fd.pngslate.png.507c94181cd49b590ea6d6ae5f2f7043.pngcobyss.png.b6f2d829c8f56e492081fcb8b7814986.png

 

Features:

- Two playable Arcs with multiple hours of content!

- Certain Pokémon have Rainbow forms with new, powerful abilities and Rainbow typing!

- Quality of Life features like a portable box system and a machine that makes eggs hatch instantly!

- Tons of sidequests and hidden places that let you explore the Prisma Region as deeply as you wish!

- The Prisma Region does not have gym leaders. Instead, the equivalent are seven Arc Angels,

which have teams focusing on a color instead of a type!

- HMs are no longer necessary! Instead, an assortment of other moves or abilities

can be used to make your way through the region.

- its kinda gay

 

observatory.png.db7b2142de3d9f4c441579e1eab04429.pngmeganium.png.390cf6882e7023a7fac37272c6aff92b.pngcascyan.png.901ee341cb11562b4e95bc694103c99d.pngswamp.png.d5761f14edecff06a329ee89e3c2c069.png

 

Download:

 

Mediafire

 

Credits:

 

https://pastebin.com/raw/Gs1usbRv

 

Discord:

 

If you have questions or bugs to report, I recommend joining the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/u9aGZPM 

That's where I'll be most active!

 

1137359754_slatepeak.png.4d8e986719c476d6af9447db2a11f060.pngintro.png.1d1fb3e8acdd46ff0fec24efafb22e55.pnggadgenta.png.3c8469fb535f2781b3465f4e616482a7.pngashport.png.2fbc940a679d8a19ba6ff9852b7abed5.png

 

Update:

Thanks to the through reporting of the people playing through the game, I've fixed a ton of little bugs 

and text errors. Some visuals have also been slightly updated. The download link will now give you the updated version.

If you only want the parts that have been updated, you can use this download link, which only contains the folders that 

were modified.

Edited by Cervys
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, interesting~ Def wanna give this a try.

Some of the custom sprites (I may have already downloaded and played a lil bit) look a bit... jpeg-y? pixelly? in places, but they're really nicely done otherwise! Better than anything I could ever do, that's for sure~ And even though there's not much by way of detailed story description in your post, something about it is really intriguing. I hope development goes well! Remember not to overwork yourself! Yourselves? If there's multiple people in the team or not, do remember to take breaks, is what I'm trying to say. 😛

  • Like 1
  • Hmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shinymissingno said:

Ooh, interesting~ Def wanna give this a try.

Some of the custom sprites (I may have already downloaded and played a lil bit) look a bit... jpeg-y? pixelly? in places, but they're really nicely done otherwise! Better than anything I could ever do, that's for sure~ And even though there's not much by way of detailed story description in your post, something about it is really intriguing. I hope development goes well! Remember not to overwork yourself! Yourselves? If there's multiple people in the team or not, do remember to take breaks, is what I'm trying to say. 😛

Thank you very much! I would definitely not call myself a great sprite artist either, so I'm hoping to eventually find someone who can improve upon the stuff I made. I've been working on it on and off for quite a while, so I'm not really at risk of overworking at the moment, even if it's mostly just me for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I've been playing through the game and I've come across an interesting glitch on route 1.

 

uEDlo6o.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael_ said:

Hey, I've been playing through the game and I've come across an interesting glitch on route 1.

 

Thanks for letting me know, should be fixed in the next version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://prntscr.com/u89l3v - Another bug - in Mauviel City, you can walk down into the door from the ledge above it and softlock yourself.

 

http://prntscr.com/u89utl - Small tiling error here with the priority.

 

Also just a suggestion - I'd maybe change the obedience cap, seeing as the Bergmite doesn't obey you from when you first receive it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael_ said:

http://prntscr.com/u89l3v - Another bug - in Mauviel City, you can walk down into the door from the ledge above it and softlock yourself.

 

http://prntscr.com/u89utl - Small tiling error here with the priority.

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Michael_ said:

Also just a suggestion - I'd maybe change the obedience cap, seeing as the Bergmite doesn't obey you from when you first receive it.

This one has nothing to do with an obedience, actually! You may not have noticed it with the starters, but Rainbow Pokémon need to get used to you before they trust you enough to follow commands (Meaning they need to be above a certain level of friendship before they start obeying you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cervys said:

Thanks again!

This one has nothing to do with an obedience, actually! You may not have noticed it with the starters, but Rainbow Pokémon need to get used to you before they trust you enough to follow commands (Meaning they need to be above a certain level of friendship before they start obeying you).

Ah, neat. I didn't realize so my mistake. Thanks for letting me know! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey i just started playing the game and found a game breaking bug where you get soft locked in the haunted house (side quest).  I lost the fight with "MAUVE" and didn't get teleported to the poke center but went back to the room before. I tried leveling up with rare candy to win the battle with Chandelure but it keeps matching my level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xmjk21 said:

Hey i just started playing the game and found a game breaking bug where you get soft locked in the haunted house (side quest).  I lost the fight with "MAUVE" and didn't get teleported to the poke center but went back to the room before. I tried leveling up with rare candy to win the battle with Chandelure but it keeps matching my level.

Ah, I'm sorry, I fixed that for the ghost battle before, but apparently I forgot it for the Mauve battle. If you send me your save file, I can bring you out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the current content and it's honestly pretty great! Some bugs, suggestions and questions below.

Spoiler

Bugs:
-During the attack on Cascyan City, the event where Roy comes out of the Trainer School will trigger again if you try to go back, which freezes you in place (found out while trying to go back to the daycare to heal up).
-Once you get Surf, you can go down the waterfalls in Cascyan City, which causes all sorts of issues; probably will want to make it so you can't do that, like with the waterfalls in the Navy Cavey.
-On the way back after getting Rainbow Musharna, breaking the rock in the cave will trigger the Crobat+Swoobat Swarm event and fight again.

-Not sure if it's really a bug, but in the Navy Cavey there's a dead end that you can't cross the first time you come across since it requires Surf, but when I came back with it, it just leads to a big waterfall and nothing else.

-Regarding Rainbow Delcatty, once you get into Mauviel City through the Route 2 entrance that requires Surf, you can't leave the area from the way you came, so you get softlocked.

-Both Rainbow Nidoran and Rainbow Oddish lack an overworld sprite, they're currently invisible.
-Talking to the Ice Cream vendor the second time he appears (next to the entrance to Cobyss) procs an error that crashes the game.
-The nurse in the Trainer School seems to be lacking some dialogue, she just directly tells you you'll be training and starts the battle.
-You can Surf off the some of the squares in the piers in Ashport town.
-There's a cave in Route 1 (right when you exit Gadgenta from the south), it's blocked by a tree so it should be inaccessible, but because a river flows right next to it, you can access it once you get Surf; it leads nowhere so I assume it isn't implemented yet and the player wasn't supposed to be able to get to it.
-The Yellow Flute doesn't work, selecting it during combat does nothing.

Suggestions:
-Violet's Rainbow Murkrow seems to be susceptible to a Toxic->Protect loop, which is abusable since you just cure the Poison with an Antidote on the turn it uses Protect on, and then attack on the turn it uses Toxic on, might want to look into that.
-Cheaper or longer lasting Repels would be good, by default, 400 cost Repels are very expensive, and with how much exploration there's in this game, you can spend all your money on Repels and still not have enough. This is honestly more of a general issue than something about this fangame in particular, I've always felt basic Repels could cost 100 and work for 500 steps and scale from there; lots of random encounters is not fun nor adds difficulty, it's just tedious.
-Rainbow Bergmite starts with Water Pulse even though it has horrible Special Attack, a physical move (like Gyro Ball) would be more useful in the long run. Also, it might be good to reword the RNBW Frost description, the current one seems like it's stating 2 different effects (prolonging Hail+removes Ice weaknesses), instead of Hail both lasting longer and nullifying weaknesses.
-Rainbow Musharna might need a better starting moveset, in Gen 7 Musharna's moveset is hideous and even with Move Relearner leaves it with no strong moves outside of TMs (and I somehow doubt we're gonna get the Psychic or Thunderbolt TMs soon). It could probably at least just start knowing Psychic (and maybe even Moonblast, which it couldn't learn back in Gen 7).
-Given how important friendship is when it comes to Rainbow pokemon, having an early Friendship rater would be good (who also tells you if the pokemon will obey you if you show them a Rainbow Pokemon).
-Could probably add an NPC or sign in the swamp telling how the Venusaur works, I feel like it might not be obvious to everyone that the direction from which you talk to it is what decides how the paths shift.
-For the repeatable training battles with the Nurse, it'd be nice if she healed you after each battle, so that you don't need to run between her and the center when you want to train up.
-Not sure how important will they be, but it'd be good if we had a way to track the number of Hidden Pages we have, currently it just shows as a single item in the Key Items slot and doesn't tell you how many of them you have.

Finally some questions about things I didn't quite figure out:

-What do you need to do with the statues in the Sapphire Forest (in the part with the Volbeats)? According to the hint given by the man, you need to visit the 5 statues in order of NW, SE, SW NE and Center, but I did that and nothing happened.
-There seems to be something happening with a Nurse, she appears when you first step into the Nurse School in Mauviel and then again when you enter the cave, but I haven't seen her again after that, so wasn't sure if I somehow missed her sidequest.
-Is the Rainbow Oddish in the Sapphire Forest obtainable right now?
-Something I was somewhat confused about, who is the Arc Angel of Mauviel? I thought it was Violet but then on the Haunted Mansion sidequest Mauve says she's the Arc Angel, did that mean Violet resigned and Mauve replaced her?


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it! All the errors that I could figure out immediately are fixed. Your suggestions are very helpful, and I'm probably going to implement most of them.


Some more specific replies:

Spoiler


1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

-The Yellow Flute doesn't work, selecting it during combat does nothing.

This one kind of confuses me because I don't think I editet the code for the Yellow Flute at all from the Reborn base. Did you try any of the other flutes, and if so, did they work as intended?

 

1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

Cheaper or longer lasting Repels would be good, by default, 400 cost Repels are very expensive, and with how much exploration there's in this game, you can spend all your money on Repels and still not have enough. This is honestly more of a general issue than something about this fangame in particular, I've always felt basic Repels could cost 100 and work for 500 steps and scale from there; lots of random encounters is not fun nor adds difficulty, it's just tedious.

I absolutely agree, and I'll definitely do something about it. Maybe even a key item that acts as a permanent Repel you can toggle whenever you want.

 

1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

-What do you need to do with the statues in the Sapphire Forest (in the part with the Volbeats)? According to the hint given by the man, you need to visit the 5 statues in order of NW, SE, SW NE and Center, but I did that and nothing happened.

I just did the puzzle again, and it seemed to work without any issues. You need to talk to them in order and then not talk to any of the others. I'll probably add a text that says something happens to make it clear, but after touching all five statues in the proper order, a door opens next to the original statue.

 

1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

-There seems to be something happening with a Nurse, she appears when you first step into the Nurse School in Mauviel and then again when you enter the cave, but I haven't seen her again after that, so wasn't sure if I somehow missed her sidequest.

There's no sidequest to be had there, she's a character that's gonna become relevant to the main story in the future but doesn't have a particularly big role so far.

 

1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

-Is the Rainbow Oddish in the Sapphire Forest obtainable right now?

That Oddish is actually just a regular green Oddish, and is not obtainable at the moment! I get how this one could be confusing if the sprite isn't visible.

 

1 hour ago, Fabularis said:

-Something I was somewhat confused about, who is the Arc Angel of Mauviel? I thought it was Violet but then on the Haunted Mansion sidequest Mauve says she's the Arc Angel, did that mean Violet resigned and Mauve replaced her?

Yes, Violet is taking a break from her Arc Angel duties after the events of Arc 1, which means Mauve is temporarily stepping in.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
Quote

This one kind of confuses me because I don't think I editet the code for the Yellow Flute at all from the Reborn base. Did you try any of the other flutes, and if so, did they work as intended?

The Blue Flute does work properly, but the Yellow Flute just does nothing when you select "Use" (i.e. instead of letting you choose the target pokemon, you just remain in the item selection).

 

22 hours ago, Cervys said:

I absolutely agree, and I'll definitely do something about it. Maybe even a key item that acts as a permanent Repel you can toggle whenever you want.

Oh yeah, that'd be amazing.

 

22 hours ago, Cervys said:

I just did the puzzle again, and it seemed to work without any issues. You need to talk to them in order and then not talk to any of the others. I'll probably add a text that says something happens to make it clear, but after touching all five statues in the proper order, a door opens next to the original statue.

It took me like 10 tries but it finally worked, I'm not sure what was the issue since I don't think I did anything differently the last time, but the cave finally opened up somehow.

Also, some RNBW abilities (Gleam, Glamour and Balloon) have cut-off descriptions, if shortening them proves to be difficult, adding a text file with their full descriptions in the download could be useful.


Edit:

Spoiler

Btw, now that I think about it I feel like it would be best if Rainbow Staryu and Oshawott's abilities didn't turn Slash/Light-based moves into Rainbow Type and just boosted them a la Iron Fist, Strong Jaw, etc. Mainly because turning those moves into Rainbow type also removes some of their coverage, like Dazzling Gleam becoming Rainbow type means Staryu doesn't get Fairy coverage, or Razor Shell becoming Rainbow means Oshawott loses its early game physical Water move.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...