Risakisa

Updated to latest version, game-z no longer works.

Decided to get the latest version, because the lag was getting annoying. Now game-z no longer works. When I try to run it it gives the following error:

game-z.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ScriptFreeCache could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI132.dll.

The weird thing is that I could run the previous version's game-z, and I can run Desolation's game-z. The normal .exe works.

I have re-downloaded and re-installed, and placed the new install into its own folder, both from Google Drive and Mega. (In both cases, desktop.ini doesn't transfer from the .rar, which is weird to me but probably normal.)

Oh, and I'm running Windows 7.

i give up. we're going back to 18.4.1 and i'm gonna learn my lesson for real this time.

Posted (edited)

... This sounds like a Windows 7 issue. It's no-longer supported by microsoft, and I can't find a GDI132.dll on my Win10 computer. The only results for that file on Google are for Vista and older, too, if you upgraded to 7 from XP or Vista.
Honestly I recommend updating.

Edit: Otherwise, you could try toggling the "enableBlitting" or "subImageFix" settings in mkxp.json, just in case, or updating your graphics driver.

Edit2: Reproducible with a fresh Win7 install in a VM, but it's "GDI32.dll", not "GDI132.dll".

Edited by Aeodyn
  • Thanks 1

My apologies. As is my want, I was somewhat far from sober. It is indeed GDI, not GDI1.

But, to your point: I did not upgrade from Vista. I did, if I remember correctly, upgrade from the Windows 7 beta (or something of the sort. I had some sort of pre-release version, then bought it when it was released. Since then, everything has been replaced). The difference is, I expect, small. But still.

I have updated my driver (though the previous version was from the 14th of this month, so hardly outdated), yet it has no effect. (I'm using a fairly recent AMD Radeon RX 5700)

enableBlitting is on by default, but I activated subImageFix . As expected, given the description, it had no effect.

Perhaps this is yet another example of an update that break games for Windows 7. I'm starting to suspect that Microsoft is bribing software developers to do this in order to pressure people into "upgrading" to Windows 10.

• Thanks 1

@Aeodynsent me an .exe that works. The related text is here. I'll leave it to him to explain further, but I'm tagging him as a reminder and as thanks.