Game/Save file dissapearing with new update

Hi, so I haven't played the game since like episode 17 or so and I downloaded the latest episode (18.4) haphazardly whilst I was studying. Well when i started the game, my whole save file was gone. I have searched for game.rxdata and can't find anything related to reborn (The same thing happened with the Rejuvenation update). I have since started a new game and those save files my computer can locate. I am curious as to what happened? Did the updated file that I downloaded replace my original files and thus deleted my original game, so to speak? Or did I miss a step as I downloaded the new episode?

thanks in advance for the help.

My best guess is that the game just doesn't detect the save file due to the multiple save system (which matches up to your story with Rejuv due to both implementing the system recently). Try looking for the save files in My Computer/C:Drive/Users/[Your Name]/Saved Games and you should see one labeled as Pokemon Reborn. In that folder you should look for one labeled with your name and a set number of badges. There should at least be one backdate. If you don't find that see what you can find labeled game. Label this one Game_2. When you open your game instead of clicking continue try clicking other save files and see if your save comes up then as slot 2.

Hello again and thank you, 

I tried the different suggestions you brought up but I come up with nothing. The only documents related to pokemon reborn is the new update. It's as if my old save has dissapeared. I can access my old folders but no sign of an older save, which confuses me greatly as I had quite a few hours played on that game. Do you have any other suggestions or should I just chalk this up as a weird mystery and just play my new update from scratch?

I haven't done aything else than usual, at least to my recollection. Alas I have decided to just play my new save. The game and story is so good that I'm okay with it. Thanks for all your helpfull sugesstions and advice. 

Have a good weekend!