Major/Fatal Bugs

• Global Mods
13 hours ago, lunarblack said:

Bug while reading the entry 6 of archives, clicked on it, started the first animation and after the game says "couldn't read the script, the game will be saved" (i saved before in front of the book but after this bug the game is saved in "ENTRY 6" and it doesn't load so i can't do nothing, only black screen" i think my save is fucked ūüėß, any way to get it back?

Go back a save

Go to this location on your computer:

C:\Users\Your user\Saved Games\Pokemon Desolation

Find the one called game.rxdata and delete it or move it and call the highest numbered backup Game.rxdata

This is what a backup will look like
1263 - Starry - 151h 47m - 18 badges

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whenever tristan tries to talk to me in odis village after the librarian the game freezes  

hi, i think this scene doesn't work properly

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

In the snowy mountain you enter right after waking up due to Tristan finding you, I accidentally ran from a trainer battle thinking it was a wild encounter, so I was teleported to the healing camp right next to the staircase. When I got back into the mountain, Tristan was no where to be found. So after soloing double battles, I got to the part with the ice puzzle, and Tristan's dialogue shows up, but he's still not there (pokemon are not healed, can't interact with him, etc.)

EDIT: Nevermind, he was back at the beginning

Edited by Azian808
  • 1 month later...

I just started Pokémon desolation for the first time and I ran into a couple of problems. The game isn't showing the grey triangle in the text box, I can't see Rosetta in the registration program, and when I load my save It shows a mostly white screen.

Capture101.PNG

Capture102.PNG

Capture103.PNG

Running on Mac, I was trying to run by opening up "mkxp-z" to run the game. However, the game kept crashing when pidgey tried to evolve, so I came to this forum and read that I should not run the -z file. 

I figured out permissions so that I can run the application just by clicking on the main icon, but now when I try to play from my save file, the attached error pops up. 

I checked that the LastSave.dat file has read/write permissions from everyone, so not sure what the issue is. I'm also not sure where the saved game backups are stored.

EDIT: I've been running on the -z file, and it still crashes not just when Pidgey evolves, but also when I've tried to evolve my zigzagoon. Other people like froakie have evolved just fine though.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.36.02 AM.png

Edited by Photophoenix
New update on problem
  • 3 weeks later...

When you wake up in the woods with Connor at the beginning, you can walk around Connor and leave without talking to him (see picture). The beach loads in with the starter Pokeballs, but without the debris that is supposed to have washed up overnight. If you take a starter without powering on the healing machine, you are stuck as the game will not let you activate it, and you will be blocked from following Connor back onto the beach with a message that you need to activate the healing machine.

bug report.PNG

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP

i am at the dreamsape wildlands, episode 5.1

second save file, it never happened nor does it happen at other save files

I didn't do anything weird...

Script 'PokemonField' line 1616: NoMethodError occured

undefined method 'spriteset' for #<scene_Intro:0x12b----->

the last five characters seem randomized...

please help..

thanks~

Edited by ORAORAORA
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Photophoenix said:

Running on Mac, I was trying to run by opening up "mkxp-z" to run the game. However, the game kept crashing when pidgey tried to evolve, so I came to this forum and read that I should not run the -z file. 

I figured out permissions so that I can run the application just by clicking on the main icon, but now when I try to play from my save file, the attached error pops up. 

I checked that the LastSave.dat file has read/write permissions from everyone, so not sure what the issue is. I'm also not sure where the saved game backups are stored.

EDIT: I've been running on the -z file, and it still crashes not just when Pidgey evolves, but also when I've tried to evolve my zigzagoon. Other people like froakie have evolved just fine though.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.36.02 AM.png

Moving Desolation to the Applications folder from the downloads folder worked for me.

EDIT: Game is saved in C:\Users\(your user)\Library (for some reason this folder was hidden for me at first, if you don't see it try command+shift+period)\Application Support\Pokemon Desolation

Edited by MasterfulOverlord
updated info

√ó
√ó