Hi, right now I am in the Grand Hall in the area behind the door that gets opened after beating El's Arceus. I have been trying to update my version to 18.4 where I play my game on Mac using wine. Unfortunately, when I try to leave the area to route 1 or north obsidia ward, I get a message, that prevents me from continuing the game. My save file is below.

Script 'PokemonMap' line 78: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'bridge=' for nil:NilClass

Game.exe

• Global Mods
14 hours ago, Janakan K said:

Hi, right now I am in the Grand Hall in the area behind the door that gets opened after beating El's Arceus. I have been trying to update my version to 18.4 where I play my game on Mac using wine. Unfortunately, when I try to leave the area to route 1 or north obsidia ward, I get a message, that prevents me from continuing the game. My save file is below.

Script 'PokemonMap' line 78: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'bridge=' for nil:NilClass

Game.exe 340 kB · 2 downloads

Usually that is a corrupt map/save going back a save by finding the one called game.rxdata and replacing it with one of the numbered ones should work, 18.4 doesn't need wine to play from my understanding though

Posted (edited)

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my message. As for my use of wine, it is because I made the change from 18.2, which relied on wine, to 18.4, that doesn't. My next questions are how do I operate reborn 18.4 without wine on my mac and second how do I use the numbered game.rxdata do as I when I click on them it tells me I don't have the application needed to access them? 

Edited by Janakan K
Adding more Information about my predicament
  • Global Mods
7 hours ago, Janakan K said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my message. As for my use of wine, it is because I made the change from 18.2, which relied on wine, to 18.4, that doesn't. My next questions are how do I operate reborn 18.4 without wine on my mac and second how do I use the numbered game.rxdata do as I when I click on them it tells me I don't have the application needed to access them? 

Game-z should be the application your using now
You rename them to game not use them, reborn only reads game.rxdata or game_# (any number, both not case sensitive).rxdata

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Game-z should be the application your using now
You rename them to game not use them, reborn only reads game.rxdata or game_# (any number, both not case sensitive).rxdata

The problem is I am unable to open the game without using wine or game.exe. How do I play reborn without relying on wine and how can I start playing it using game.rxdata instead.

Edited by Janakan K
  • Global Mods
44 minutes ago, Janakan K said:

The problem is I am unable to open the game without using wine or game.exe. How do I play reborn without relying on wine and how can I start playing it using game.rxdata instead.

Try downloading 18.3 if u can then then updating to 18.4

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Janakan K said:

Where do I find the download for 18.3?

Nevermind, realized 18.4 has an indivdual download as well as just a patch
@andracass Sorry to tag you but do u have any insight?

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, Janakan K said:

I've been able to download the mac version. The only problem is that I can't use game.rxdata to play. The only version I can use is game.exe which is corrupted. 

Edit Do I need to use this in some form? 

Game - 311 - Janakan - 35h 52m - 9 badges.rxdata 108.29 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah it needs to be renamed to game and the one called game to be moved or deleted

Also apparently for Mac there is only game.exe my bad on that

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Yeah it needs to be renamed to game and the one called game to be moved or deleted

Also apparently for Mac there is only game.exe my bad on that

That's alright. So what should I do after that because I from the guide that came with downloading reborn for mac, the person was able to play the game using game.rxdata?

Edited by Janakan K
  • Global Mods
28 minutes ago, Janakan K said:

That's alright. So what should I do after that because I from the guide that came with downloading reborn for mac, the person was able to play the game using game.rxdata?

after renaming that to game and moving/deleteing the old one should open be fine to play it again

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Janakan K said:

I still get the corrupted version coming up each time.

go back a save or few more, unfortuneately they can corrupt in batches

Posted (edited)

The same information still comes up even though I use a game.rxdata with a time from much earlier

Edit Is it possible that the downloaded verison is still using the game.exe 

Edit 2 Turns out my method at changing the game.rxdata with backups only affected the game.exe file. However the game is operational on Wine but not through the downloaded 18.4. 

Edited by Janakan K