So today I was trying to load a backup savefile cause i needed to do something, but when i go to the file area where all the backup save files are, I try to open them but it opens up with notepad. I just want to load my old savefile but it wont let me. Any fix to this? Oh and if I try too change the app the files open with, it gives me an error message.

• Global Mods
35 minutes ago, memesoftheyear21 said:

So today I was trying to load a backup savefile cause i needed to do something, but when i go to the file area where all the backup save files are, I try to open them but it opens up with notepad. I just want to load my old savefile but it wont let me. Any fix to this? Oh and if I try too change the app the files open with, it gives me an error message.

Which files are u trying to use as a backup?

13 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Which files are u trying to use as a backup?

was just trying to use one of the files as a backup so i can go back and redo something. Its in the right spot and everything. The issue is it wont let me open / do anything to the file, and if I rename it it doesnt do anything or stuff.

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, memesoftheyear21 said:

was just trying to use one of the files as a backup so i can go back and redo something. Its in the right spot and everything. The issue is it wont let me open / do anything to the file, and if I rename it it doesnt do anything or stuff.

You have to rename one of them to game.rxdata

.rxdata is an autoextention

You cannot open then with anything other then rpgmaker

You could try game_2.rxdata or any numbered on like that as well

k sorry for the late reply, but i'll try this. Thank you!

i tried to rename the backup savefile game.rxdata but it didn't work. here is a screenshot of my files here. The one named game.rxdata is one of the backup save files i wanted to turn into my main savefile. https://gyazo.com/b37ad5c6696f1b919633bd6c08c3015f I also tried to put a number there, nothing changed.

1 hour ago, Starry Knight said:

You have to rename one of them to game.rxdata

.rxdata is an autoextention

You cannot open then with anything other then rpgmaker

You could try game_2.rxdata or any numbered on like that as well

13 minutes ago, memesoftheyear21 said:

i tried to rename the backup savefile game.rxdata but it didn't work. here is a screenshot of my files here. The one named game.rxdata is one of the backup save files i wanted to turn into my main savefile. https://gyazo.com/b37ad5c6696f1b919633bd6c08c3015f I also tried to put a number there, nothing changed.

Yeah, that's a game_2.rxdata file not a game.rxdata one, it happens when you have a save file active and click in "new game", reborn allows you to have multiple saves without having to mess around with files. just change from game.rxdata to game_2.rxdata or go into your game and click in "other save files".

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Liroy said:

Yeah, that's a game_2.rxdata file not a game.rxdata one, it happens when you have a save file active and click in "new game", reborn allows you to have multiple saves without having to mess around with files. just change from game.rxdata to game_2.rxdata or go into your game and click in "other save files".

i renamed game.rxdata to game_2.rxdata and nothing changed. I also clicked "other save files" and it only had my save file that im trying to change to my backup savefile.

• Global Mods
Just now, memesoftheyear21 said:

i renamed game.rxdata to game_2.rxdata and nothing changed. I also clicked "other save files" and it only had my save file that im trying to change to my backup savefile.

Are you getting an error message

Maybe just move everything minus the backup you wanna use out of the saved games and rename the backup to game or if in second slot game_2

1 minute ago, Starry Knight said:

Are you getting an error message

Maybe just move everything minus the backup you wanna use out of the saved games and rename the backup to game or if in second slot game_2

nope, no error message or anything.

• Global Mods
12 minutes ago, memesoftheyear21 said:

nope, no error message or anything.

Was curious mostly why u were going back a save

But yeah just try moving everything to like desktop or into a folder in saved games but the one or ones your trying rename and use

6 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Was curious mostly why u were going back a save

But yeah just try moving everything to like desktop or into a folder in saved games but the one or ones your trying rename and use

yea i think i just screwed something, so when i removed the saves i had in the saved games ( besides the one i was going to use ) it removed my save file completley. I now just dont see a save file anymore. Tried moving them back nothing. So I think the save file just deleted itself.

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, memesoftheyear21 said:

yea i think i just screwed something, so when i removed the saves i had in the saved games ( besides the one i was going to use ) it removed my save file completley. I now just dont see a save file anymore. Tried moving them back nothing. So I think the save file just deleted itself.

Try hitting undo a couple times control + z