ZakNik

i don't like rejuv

after playing reborn I must say that I'm disapointed in pokemon rejuvenation and for me its worse fan made game I ever played

reasons:

level gap- hate it so much. You cant train pokemon without badges from gyms. That is in my opinion worse thing ever made in rom hack. I spend 7 hours grinding to so I can beat sensei keta. I should enjoy story not grinding for 7 hours. I get that game must be challenging but reborn is challenging without hard level cap. There should be option to choose what level gap you want when you start game.

Stuff that replace HMs- so I wanted to surf and I bought with my AP points golden surfboard and after I spend points I realized I cant surf without gym badge. Why would you offer to buy something if you even can use it? In game there is nothing which would give your that info. I wouldnt buy it if I knew I can use it without gym badge. Worthless.

Useless battles- of course I grinded many pokemon to level 25(hard gap) and after you beat keta you dont even get gym badge so every battle after you went to search him is useless because I dont get any exp from battles. Why is that case? Pokemon games are all about mananging your pokemon and make them stronger(of course there is story which I loved so much in reborn). And I cant even do that.

Reborn is the best fan made game ever but this one is at the bottom. 

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Andrew1010 said:

If you don't like it, stop playing it! 

I already have...thanks for advice 😄

3 hours ago, ZakNik said:

after playing reborn I must say that I'm disapointed in pokemon rejuvenation and for me its worse fan made game I ever played

reasons:

level gap- hate it so much. You cant train pokemon without badges from gyms. That is in my opinion worse thing ever made in rom hack. I spend 7 hours grinding to so I can beat sensei keta. I should enjoy story not grinding for 7 hours. I get that game must be challenging but reborn is challenging without hard level cap. There should be option to choose what level gap you want when you start game.

Stuff that replace HMs- so I wanted to surf and I bought with my AP points golden surfboard and after I spend points I realized I cant surf without gym badge. Why would you offer to buy something if you even can use it? In game there is nothing which would give your that info. I wouldnt buy it if I knew I can use it without gym badge. Worthless.

Useless battles- of course I grinded many pokemon to level 25(hard gap) and after you beat keta you dont even get gym badge so every battle after you went to search him is useless because I dont get any exp from battles. Why is that case? Pokemon games are all about mananging your pokemon and make them stronger(of course there is story which I loved so much in reborn). And I cant even do that.

well uh, i'm sorry you feel this way. the level gap, in my opinion, is actually more generous than reborn. in reborn, the level cap allows you to pass it, causing your mons to disobey you, and thus you need a 'common candy'. in rejuvenation, you can't even pass the cap, meaning that, while yes battles become slightly useless, they don't become god-impossible with your mons refusing to attack.

think about it from a gameplay standpoint, if you could buy the golden surfboard, and use it, you break the progression of the game. the time surf is handed out is planned. all the locations, items and more locked behind surf have been cherry picked for precisely the time in the game you obtain surf. so naturally, it's needed to be restricted to the same standard. and besides, some AP points are pretty easy to farm.

and most certainly, again this is my opinion, but i love rejuvenation deeply for its fantastic story, beautiful character progression, plot twists and more. i understand game difficulty isn't everyone's forte, myself included, ad most certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion. so i really hope you inevitably decide to continue through the game, because it would really be a shame if you never did. additionally, i'm sure it means the world to the devs for you taking the time to craft your response and criticism to their game, as it does help them out, by getting various opinions.

whether you decide to continue the game or not, i wish you good luck, because nim's v12 battle is a bitch.

• Like 7

hi. 

this is now in its own thread because it seems a bit more appropriate of a place for this.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the game.

7 hours ago, ZakNik said:

The level caps are meant to create a challenge by forcing you onto even ground with the gym leaders and other major bosses and in this regard Rejuvenation is more accommodating than Reborn. 
In Reborn, one can pass their current cap and end up having to either just reduce them back to the cap anyway with Common Candies or deal with the obedience gamble. 
Ultimately it's pointless to pass the level caps and having to watch them can be a hindrance. If you need a few levels over to evolve a Pokemon or get that ace move, you can still cheat the cap in Rejuvenation using either the Daycare or Rare Candies.  

It's your problem that you bought the Golden Items before you were able to use them not the game's. 

The accessibility provided by the HM/Golden Item functions are a main part of the challenge. 
If the Golden Items could be used without first unlocking their functions by earning gym badges than the entire game would free range and essentially pointless.

While I'll admit that was frustrating, you said you love Reborn and this is no different than the TWO delayed badges in Reborn. 
You get another Keta battle that awards the badge after a relatively short event. 

To each their own, but should you decide to give the game a second chance you might grow to love it as much as you do Reborn. The story line and characters are just as well developed and engaging. 

Edited by Devilish
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Your reasons to dislike Rejuvenation are so weak one might say you are, as the kids put it, ~trolling~ but in case you aren't, here I go

17 hours ago, ZakNik said:

reasons:

Both games have level caps.. The difference is that Rejuvenation just don't allow you to pass it while Reborn does but your Pokemons start to disobey you making you always needing a couple of Common Candy on your bag in these cases, because of this, leveling in Rejuvenation is easier since you can rely on EXP Share / EXP All without needing to constantly downlevel your frontliner whenever you breed new Pokemon, not to mention after a while you get to fight Pokemon Breeders that have teams of 3 Audinos that are there for the purpose of giving you EXP while in Reborn your best option are the trainers on the Pokemon Center that fight back (hard) and don't give as much EXP.
Giving a option to choose a level cap is, I am sorry to say, a ridiculous and stupid idea.. Why anyone would choose a level cap then? The reason the cap exists is to create a challenge so you don't do the same thing in main pokemon games and just overlevel the heck out of your pokemons to beat a gym, it creates a sense of strategy and proper match-up since both you and the gym leader are on equal footing.

Both Rejuvenation, Reborn and every main Pokemon game is like that.. You can't use a certain HM until you get the badge that allows you to use, the reason for that is pretty obvious but I gonna spell it out, it's so you don't break the game by going places you weren't suppose to go yet, making the progression of the difficulty and story go smoothly, in fact, I don't even know why that is something you're complaining about.. These items are nice conveniences that I wished Reborn had, by having these items you don't need to waste one of your Pokemon's move slots with something useless like Cut, just buy the Golden Axe and never worry about that, ever, it isn't useless nor worthless and the fact you called them like that is actually laughable, I still remember how annoyed I was in Reborn when I had to get a Pokemon with Surf, Dive and Waterfall to get through Amaria's Gym.. Having a Golden Surfboard, Scuba Gear and Jetpack there would had been NICE!

Yeah.. You don't get the EXP.. Does that makes the fights less enjoyable? Are you playing Pokemon for the battles or to get EXP? Because if it is for EXP I suggest you go play an MMO instead.. And here is the thing I get that it's frustrating, I also got upset when Keta just Fs off and didn't gave me the badge but.. They do that in Reborn also.. TWICE!! One with the Poison gym leader and another with the Fighting gym leader so I don't get your point here.. Why are you complaining about this in Rejuvenation but then praising Reborn when they done that twice? Won't those also be considered "useless battles" according to you?

Again, sorry for comparing both games so much but if this guy is going to be all like "Ugh, Rejuv is trash, Reborn so much better!" it's just inevitable.. I get people have preferences and I wouldn't mind much on that but if he's going to use such weak points that can also be applied to Reborn.. What a boi to do?

Edited by MhicKy
Fixed typos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok I know how it feels to be disappointed in Rejuvenation and when I first played the game I didn't really like it as much as Reborn and I too also stopped playing in after the third gym. But then when version 12 came out I decided "you know what I've got nothing better to do let's continue this game" and it gradually started to grow on me the further you go into the game the more you appreciate all these mechanics. If you just continued to play this game you can see why so many people love it and even put it above Reborn. So I mean give the game a second chance man just play through it once like I did before thoroughly assessing it. Sure Rejuvenation may not be good as Reborn in your opinion but I think that Rejuvenation excels in many areas where Reborn doesn't. And you know what if you finish and you still don't like it then I respect that just don't call it bad when you have yet to even experience everything the game has to offer. And sure maybe those mechanics are things that you despise but Amethyst is adding in the Lvl Cap idea, and the game already had like hundreds of useless battles so i mean it can't be that bad. But yeah hopefully if you decide to continue playing you'll love Rejuvenation as much as you do Reborn maybe even more (I still like Reborn better but I'll admit it's because I played it first I hadn't then I can't say which one I would love more)

Edited by Node15
  • Like 2

reasons:

lmao this is some shitty bait. welp might as well bite it:
Level Gap- nononono Rejuv here is actually a bit more generous when it comes to level gap. What made Rejuv hard is the field not the level gap, and tbh I had no problem raising my pokemon. if you're training 8-9 or more pokemon then that is kinda your fault.

Stuff that replace HMs- now listen here, what you said is self explanatory, the stuff is used to replace HM, NOT to help you gain early access to some of the HM. That would be too easy, and to my knowledge, there is no fangame who would give out such hand holding. btw those stuff are all useful since, most of the HM are seriously sucks.

Useless battles- LMFAO you silly goose... Reborn also does that

both game are great, probably at the top of my list of pokemon fangame alongside Desolation, so this compla- oh sorry... whining is really silly
also bait quality: 6/10 not too shabby since I actually decide to bite this bait

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Your reasons are dumb.. Sorry to say that, I am the blunt guy here since most people are being fair, lemme pick your opinions apart like a mechanic at a F1 race!

Leval Gap - The same is true for Reborn, yunno? The only difference is that Rejuv just simply don't allow you to pass the level while Reborn does but your pokemon don't obey you, in terms of leveling weaker pokemon having the gap is CLEARLY the best way as one of my main methods to level pokemons are placing a Fighting Type in the frontline and fighting the Pokemon Breeders and just rellying on the EXP Share/EXP All so my weaker pokemons that can't yet fight for themselves can level, in fact Rejuv is EASIER to level pokemon than Reborn since the best you can do there is fighting those trainers in the Pokemon Center and since you can overlevel your frontline Pokemon you constantly need to have a supply of Common Candy to underlevel them, it's a NIGHTMARE that made me sigh many times whenever I got stuck on a gym and needed a better match-up while in Rejuvenation after a while you start encountering Pokemon Breeders that have teams of 3 Audinos granting plenty of EXP so your point is null, frankly, I don't even know why that is an argument if you played Reborn tbh.. Again, Reborn also has a gap, the pokemon just disobey you if you go over which is annoying specially if you're stuck on a event where you need to fight multiple trainers one after the other.

Stuff that replace HMs - What is your point here, really? You wanna be able to buy the Surfboard and skip most of the story and break the game? Yunno.. In Reborn you can't use HMs either if you don't have the badges too, right? The reason why these items exist is so you don't waste one of your Pokemon moves with something useless like Cut.. This is one of the things that I really appreciate Rejuvenation for and wish the devs of Reborn eventually implement in their game too, I still remember how annoying was to navigate through Amaria's Gym in reborn having to bring a pokemon with Surf, Waterfall and Dive.. 

Useless Battles - No battle is useless.. Just because you didn't got the badge and therefore can't get EXP the battles are useless? So what.. Did you expected to just barge into the Team Xen base and they just roll over the red carpet and be like "Please, please, destroy our generator! We won't stop you!"? They do the same thing in Reborn.. TWICE!! When you fight the poison type gym leader and he just [redacted] without giving you a badge and the fighting type gym leader in which she just "holds the badge" for you when you return from the volcano and then suddenly [redacted] making the badge useless and therefore all of that is, as you put it, "useless battles"..

I am sorry for comparing Rejuv with Reborn so much but if you gonna say Reborn is better and give points that are so weak that can also be applied on Reborn then I don't really know what's going on in your nogging, mah dud..

(Please devs, don't ban me)

you dont get it...In pokemon reborn you can pass level cap and learn moves which will help you defeat gym leaders in rejuv you cant even do that. For battling keta I was forced to catch 3 bird pokemon to defeat him and train them to max level gap. Yeah I could do better with differnet starter but I want to play with pokwmon I want in my team not with pokemon I must catch and train like crazy to barely defeat gym leader. 

About golden items. Why put them in game anyway if you cant use them without badge. Of course there are some HM you dont want to have on pokemon like rock smash but rest HM are pretty good as move (surf/fly/strenght ect). What is big idea of golden items if you cant use them right away. You say it will broke the game? then maybe game should have been made so it can be broken by them or dont even include them in first place.

also yes battles are useless. Watching that white line where should be exp its just ridicilous. Pokemon game was made to train your pokemon and make them stronger. Story is incredible and i never say its bad. I enjoyed reborn so much because of story. That is reason I said I hate level gap cuz I cant enjoy story. Grinding for 7 hours instead enjoying story what would you choose?

Rest who answer thanks for yours opinions. I get it someone enjoy game as it is and love it and that is alright. I love when game is hard and I enjoyed pokemon reborn because of that but this level gap for me is worse idea ever made in any pokemon fan game. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ZakNik said:

you dont get it...In pokemon reborn you can pass level cap and learn moves which will help you defeat gym leaders in rejuv you cant even do that. For battling keta I was forced to catch 3 bird pokemon to defeat him and train them to max level gap. Yeah I could do better with differnet starter but I want to play with pokwmon I want in my team not with pokemon I must catch and train like crazy to barely defeat gym leader. 

About golden items. Why put them in game anyway if you cant use them without badge. Of course there are some HM you dont want to have on pokemon like rock smash but rest HM are pretty good as move (surf/fly/strenght ect). What is big idea of golden items if you cant use them right away. You say it will broke the game? then maybe game should have been made so it can be broken by them or dont even include them in first place.

also yes battles are useless. Watching that white line where should be exp its just ridicilous. Pokemon game was made to train your pokemon and make them stronger. Story is incredible and i never say its bad. I enjoyed reborn so much because of story. That is reason I said I hate level gap cuz I cant enjoy story. Grinding for 7 hours instead enjoying story what would you choose?

Rest who answer thanks for yours opinions. I get it someone enjoy game as it is and love it and that is alright. I love when game is hard and I enjoyed pokemon reborn because of that but this level gap for me is worse idea ever made in any pokemon fan game. 

The golden items are there so you don't need to waste a pokemon's move slot with a useless HM.. Reborn and even main games also require you to get the badge to use them anyway.. The golden items are convenience items, having them is a good thing since I don't need a HM slave, specially to use Fly later on, the situation where I wished golden items existed in Reborn the most was in Amaria's Gym when you needed to use Surf, Waterfall and Dive to navigate the gym, which was annoying.. Sure would love to have golden items then..

Again.. Reborn also has the gap, it's just that Pokemon disobey you instead of just not getting EXP, in the end using the common candy to get your Pokemon to obey you isn't also useless? Since you grinded all that EXP and had to erase it so your pokemon become usable in battle anyways.. Like I said, having this gap allows you to better level weaker pokemon since you can just destroy the enemy with your stronger one without worrying about it overleveling and disobeying you constantly, that's how I done it, fought the breeders with my High Jump Kick Medichan, one-shoting everything and getting tons of EXP for my newly breed Pokemon

I don't know how can you complain about grinding on Rejuvenation and not in Reborn, frankly.. I had a way worst time grinding in Reborn than in Rejuvenation mostly because Rejuvenation has the EXP All along with the EXP Share and Pokemon Breeders too with Audinos that are one of the higher EXP givers in the whole game while Reborn was just the guys in the Pokemon Center with pokemons that could defeat you and didn't even gave that much EXP anyway.

I get that people have preferences and all but it's just weird that your reasons to dislike Rejuvenations can also be applied to Reborn aside from the Golden Items which are a convenience item that would actually be a good addition to Reborn as well..

Edited by MhicKy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ZakNik said:

I spend 7 hours grinding to so I can beat sensei keta.

Yeah, having to grind for that gym is absolute ass. Luckily, for every gym after there's an Audino breeder so you can level (new) pokemon quickly if needed.

• Like 1

Seems like you're very frustrated about those things, especially about having to grind instead of just playing through without breaks. This is a really fun game in my opinion, and I think it would be a waste if you couldn't enjoy it. That's why I suggest that you lower the difficulty. Inside of a tent in Gearen city is a guy who can change the difficulty for you. This will lower your opponents' levels and gym leaders will only have 4 pokemon.

You're definitely not gonna have to grind anymore if you do that, so your main problem would be out of the way.
(Also people here on the forum always give advice to people who struggle with the game, you could make a post asking for help when you have trouble.)

About the golden items, they're not real replacements for the HMs, they're just a luxury so you don't have to keep useless moves like Cut or Flash on any pokemon. Sometimes your pokemon have unique moves that can't be taught with TMs, so it would be a bother having to remove one of those moves and being stuck with a worse move instead, or constantly reteaching HMs and TMs.
If you got your hopes up to immediately surf around, but then were disappointed when it didn't work, then your criticism isn't really justified. You could as well ask "Why does any pokemon game that ever existed block your way with trees, rocks and water until much later, why not just remove them?" It's because of exploration. Lots of people have fun backtracking to older places where they saw some path they couldn't reach before, constantly wondering what's hidden there, then finally getting to explore that place and getting rewarded with "treasures" they find. This has always been a part of the Pokemon games since the beginning, and removing it would make the game's world really boring.

Lastly, Reborn and Rejuvenation are both designed to limit your ressources, which is partly achieved with the Level cap, in order to raise the difficulty. As several people already pointed out, the Audino trainers will help a lot grinding up pokemon, and are available right before the 4th gym, so you won't have to grind for much longer anymore.

TL;DR: Rejuvenation is intended to be difficult, lower your difficulty and it will be more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Well, maybe you are not playing Rejuv the way it is meant to be played. What I don't understand is why, since Reborn and Rejuv share similar layers of difficulty and storyteling, and you played the first. And I think you are a little biased by the official games.

Take pokemon Red for instance. You can arrive at Brock with a team of six pokemon with lvl 15 or higher (if you are patient enough to grind this) or you can use a sole lvl 20 Charmeleon that'll wreck brock's three mons, and the mons will listen to you no matter their lvl nor your badges (if they are not traded). Now bring this same battle to Reborn/Rejuv, where Brock will have six well tought mons that complements each other, each one with well tought movesets plus a improved AI and improving terrain. The same team you had or your sole Charmeleon would be enough for the battle? Absolutely not. Here's the first step of difficulty. Now, picture this well done gym battle without the level cap. You'd just grind your team to lvl 25+ or have your Charmeleon evolved and bam, battle done. That's why Reborn/Rejuv have level cap. Indeed, Reborn give you the possibility to 'cheat' this and lvl up your mons a bit, to evolve them or to have a new move on them, but you'd need to downgrade their level so they'll listen to you. Both Reborn and Rejuv were designed so you need to plan your team before hand, and are forced to use other mons, because the best ones are usually 'locked' ahead in the game. Here's the layers of difficulty I mentioned.

One thing you can do, if all those arguments aren't enough, is: breed your prefered mons in the latest Reborn version and then use SWM pack to exchange the mons between Reborn and Rejuv. I've done this to test my team against Rejuv challenges without having to spend the many hours I spent breeding them in Reborn.

Regarding golden items, their only purpose is that you won't need a hm slave or any other pokemon with any hm. There are some moves/mons that would break Reborn easy if they were acquired early on: in early Reborn versions, you could get Magikarp and Gastly early on, the same for Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt (If I'm not mistaken). Now, if you could use any HM any time you wanted because you grinded their golden items, the game would lose one layer of difficulty as you would reach those moves/mons earlier than expected. I get your point, but you can just ignore those items 😉

Now about useless battles, there are some you can skip, why not? Help Center is not mandatory for story progression (I can be mistaken) for example. Battle just the ones you need to keep story progressing. As far as remember, Rejuv doesn't have an item to downgrade your mons' lvl, so if they were to get experience from all the battles, you would end with all your mons disobeying you. This is just a matter of game design.

In my opinion, Rejuv just can't top Reborn, but I would not pin it as the worst fan game ever.

• Like 1

Locking this thread since there's nothing good or meaningful that can come from further discussion here.