Reborn Devolved Online League - News and Discussion

Notus

Heyo everyone, it's been a while!

Not everyone knows yet, but Reborn has an online Pokémon League again! It's still a fun and challenging 18 leader gauntlet and E4 with a few tweaks, better explained by Bazaro in this neat lil' thread here . 

Anyway, this thread is for League Challengers such as myself to post their team ideas , battles and generally chill and discuss league matches/strategies. I hope to see more people having fun and learning in their league journeys soon!

Also I just agreed with the league reporter Sassy Sylveon to have little news bulletins posted here, so we have more to talk about. Expect to see some of those soon!

Challengers/Teams/Badges

• Thanks 4

Good luck to you too Node! Two badges acquired on my side for now, really fun battles! Nice looking team by the way, TR is always cool to see in a battle, right?

• Like 1

Helloooo Rebornians and welcome to the new, the exciting, the kinda weekly:

League Report

This week on the Reborn Devolved League:

Gym Leader Lineup Changes!

- Gym Leaders Check (Fire) and Scep (Dark) have retired!

Although Scep appointed a replacement immediately before he left, the Fire Leader spot was left open, sparking a competition between trainers Mizz, Kanra, Hope and Yeetus Volt, all looking to step up to the position.

As we speek they're being evaluated by league staff and soon we should have a brand new Fire Type Gym Leader! So exciting!

- Still on that subject, Node15 was appointed the new Dark-Type Gym Leader! They're already taking challenges from brave trainers who are not afraid of the dark on the League's Discord channel. Go Node!

Major Rule changes underway!
 The League Staff  decided to stirr things up a bit with some very impactating rule changes, so challengers pay attention:

-Challenger teams' EVs and natures now can be changed between battles! That should give a bit more of flexibility for teambuilding, the experts tell me.

-The Gym Leaders are now recquired to reveal their field of choice for a battle when asked by the challenger! 

That's a major nerf for leaders that liked to have the surprise factor on their side, and a relief for challengers planning a battle BUT! do not underestimate the Leaders because of that, or you may find yourself having more than a few unpleasant surprises in your battles anyway!

-Last, but not least, all battles will now be conducted over the online function of the Pokémon Reborn game! In practice, this also limits the battle format to singles for the time being, so build your teams accordingly! 

You can check the updated league rules in the #rules channel on the League's Discord

This week had a few badges distributed too!

-Challenger Xerx was the first to get their Badge from Node, now being at 6 badges! Bravo!

-Leader Node's challenger team also saw a win early in the week, getting Leviathan Jayson's Badge! Not a bad week for them right?

-Challenger Notus was off to a hot start getting Beatrice's and Leviathan Jayson's Badges, being those their only Badges as of now.

-Challenger Crystal Rage got their very first Badge from Ice Leader Cecilia! Keep it up!

-The League has seen a huge spike in challengers lately, with Notus, Citrine, Node, Crystal Rage, Si, Epic Toxie and Ryou all having registered since last week! Will one of them be the next champion? I can't wait to find out!

You can check the badge count and teams for every challenger in this threads OP!

Now, to close off this edition of The League Report, you can check out the hottest battles of the week in the links below!

Sassy Sylveon, over and out! OwO

Edited by Sassy Sylveon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

League Report

This week on the Reborn Devolved League:

-Leader Lineup Changes!
After two intense weeks of trials, trainer Mizz has been appointed the new Fire-Type Gym Leader! Congratulations!

Former Elite 4 Megusta has retired from the position, meaning we'll soon have one of the current Gym Leaders assume their Elite position and a new Leader will have to step up!

Trials are ongoing for the Dark-Type Reserve Leader!

Badges

Challenger Crystal Rage conquered three badges this week! Well done!

Epic Toxie got two wins in their first week challenging the league!

Challengers Si, Ryou and Citrine all got their very first badge!

You can check the badge count and teams for challenger in this threads OP!

Now, to close off this edition of The League Report, you can check out the hottest battles of the week in the links below!

Sassy Sylveon, over and out!
OwO

Edited by Sassy Sylveon
  • Upvote 2

I know this is Sassy's job but it's pretty important to say this. 

But if you are banned on the main Reborn server then your not allowed in the Reborn Devolved Server, also you must join the main Reborn server in order to become a member for the Reborn Devolved league.

This is just a minor update that I thought would be better addressed now.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Um is there a reason why you don't want to use discord? 

I'm not trying to sound condescending here but discord makes thing convenient for the leaders.

And although we might be able to work out an arrangement where you dm our leaders through the forum not every leader of the league has a reborn account but we'll just have to see what the higher ups say about this.

Edited by Node15

Um, sorry but creating a discord account is one of the requirements for joining the league. 

So unless your willing do that then sorry but there's nothing we can do for you.

Edited by Node15

League Report

This week on the Reborn Devolved League:

Badges

•Challengers Tsubakikun, Friar Truck and Sleepy Boi have signed up to the league and have already got one badge each!
•Challenger Daquan has started taking on the Elite 4!
•The process to select the new E4 member is underway!

You can check out the hottest battles of the week in the links below!

Spoiler

Sassy Sylveon, over and out!
OwO

• Like 3