Jump to content
Posty

Desolation Ask us Anything!

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Caz said:

Easy - graphics and battles, because Ruby and Posty did all of it.

Hard - meeting expectations after a multi-year absence, and continuing the story in a way that's respectful to its roots. I don't know if I pulled off either of those things yet.

Imo I think you did pull off expectations because you came back! Glad you're here again 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you tell us what types aren't used by the 12 gym leaders, please?

Am planning to do a mono-type run, and don't want to run into someone who also only uses my type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry one more question. What are the personalities of the main characters in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Any chance you tell us what types aren't used by the 12 gym leaders, please?

Am planning to do a mono-type run, and don't want to run into someone who also only uses my type.

I cannot say anything on the 2 new gym leaders due to spoilers however! First 5 gym leaders are.. Fire, Flying, Normal, Electric and Fairy

51 minutes ago, inktalegaster said:

where do i evolve magneton?

 

There is an area in ep5 where you can evolve Magneton, it should be obvious when you find it 

37 minutes ago, Matt_ said:

Can you get dusk form lycanrock in this game?

Lycanroc Dusk is in the game yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrixai said:

Sorry one more question. What are the personalities of the main characters in your opinion?

they actually have names! But some of them have been changed but I won't spoil it atm~

so i'll just refer to them as..
blue boy (lol): adventurous! heart of gold~ would probably be everyone's best friend
green blond boy (the new guy!): lone wolf-ish! probably a bit edgy but punk-ish too~ (somehow he has friends)
blue pink girl: Easy-going, but pretty hyper and brave as well! she'd be a risk taker~
green girl: I could see her being kinda quiet but also unexpectedly sassy and smug at times too! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What character from the game is your favorite?

Appreciate all that you have done and thank you for your hard work   Caz ,Posty, Ruby Red

Edited by dnjdndf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dnjdndf said:

What character from the game is your favorite?

Appreciate all that you have done and thank you for your hard work   Caz ,Posty, Ruby Red

Much appreciated! All the support with the release has been immense and we are happy to see people enjoying the content and loving the new revamped Deso! So thank you everyone...

 

For my favourite Character? Honestly it has to be Hardy for me :']

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you recolor characters, like how Scarrlet is a re texture of ceil in pokemon reborn. It would be great if you could tell me how to 

 

PS: Thank you for making such a wonderful game

Edited by dani0702

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I got up to the first gym and everything looks so nice and great job on the new art Ruby! I love the new blonde boy MC.

 

Also since I saw the new starters, my question for Posty is why you picked those 5 mons to replace the original 5 and why did the three old ones stay? Just curious and just great work guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dnjdndf said:

What character from the game is your favorite?

Appreciate all that you have done and thank you for your hard work   Caz ,Posty, Ruby Red

i can never have one favorite of anything
Hardy, Garret, Amelia and Shiv for me, haha ❤️ 
 

 

34 minutes ago, dani0702 said:

How do you recolor characters, like how Scarrlet is a re texture of ceil in pokemon reborn. It would be great if you could tell me how to 

 

PS: Thank you for making such a wonderful game

Hi! I, uh.. Scarlett isn't a recolor of Ciel? aha... 
Transition sprites are hard to work with, so occasionally I've had to use others as a base/reference for help, but I draw everything from scratch! I'm playing around with completely making transition sprites from scratch without a base, and will be doing more of that in the future for other charas~


As for how to do it? well... I learned from trial and error, and I use Paint Tool SAI to make my sprites. SAI isn't free, but there are a lot of other good free programs for spriting/digital art that are available (for example, piskel, firealpaca, medibang and graphicsgale are a few free programs you can use to get started!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

So far I got up to the first gym and everything looks so nice and great job on the new art Ruby! I love the new blonde boy MC.

 

Also since I saw the new starters, my question for Posty is why you picked those 5 mons to replace the original 5 and why did the three old ones stay? Just curious and just great work guys!

❤️ 
So when I looked at the starters, I mainly wanted to get rid of the ones which were a Stone Evos because of balancing and moving a lot of stuff around, then I thought about Balance and whats actually really good or not good at all, Sewaddle as a starter felt extremely weak and Sandile as a starter felt extremely stong. Espurr I just didn't like too much as a starter. The other 3 I thought were nice choices for the player and are pretty fun to use!

 

Moving on to the 5 new starter choices.. I'll group these together, I chose these 5 as they have early evolutions for the player and they were interesting to have as starters choices! I wanted to spice things up with the first Pokemon the player receives and I think after some balance changes, these 5 feel nice to play through with and they all also have the same sort of power curve :]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XrāzÿJãÿ said:

Hey Posty, is it possible for you to upload the obtainable pokemon list 👀

its gonna come out some time next week broski 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Can the Rockruff that we get as a starter have Own Tempo as its ability for Lycanroc-Dusk? Or is there a Own Tempo Rockruff event? Gotta know this so I can know to choose Electrike instead 🙂

 

Edited by JustAnElite_
Add commentary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JustAnElite_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can the Rockruff that we get as a starter have Own Tempo as its ability for Lycanroc-Dusk? Or is there a Own Tempo Rockruff event? Gotta know this so I can know to choose Electrike instead 🙂

 

Spoiler

You can get dusk Lycanroc by evolving any Rockruff to lvl 25 between 5:00pm - 5:59pm. Rockruff can't get own tempo, but the game is set so you can still get a dusk lycanroc with any ability from a rockruff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kozzlad said:
  Hide contents

You can get dusk Lycanroc by evolving any Rockruff to lvl 25 between 5:00pm - 5:59pm. Rockruff can't get own tempo, but the game is set so you can still get a dusk lycanroc with any ability from a rockruff.

 

Dang I missed my chance. oh well midnight form Lycanroc is sick too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JustAnElite_ said:
  Hide contents

How about a Nature Changer? Is there a Nature Changer in the game?

 

Spoiler

Yes, he resides in Cellia South, making him available before the 5th Gym Leader.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...