[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

In E5, will there be the ability to adjust the in-game volume? Or was there one already and I just missed it?

I'm really excited for E5! I only heard of desolation very recently, and I've been enjoying my first playthrough so far!

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Vespicutie said:

In E5, will there be the ability to adjust the in-game volume? Or was there one already and I just missed it?

I'm really excited for E5! I only heard of desolation very recently, and I've been enjoying my first playthrough so far!

❤️ e5 is a ride alright :']
also yes there is! in the Options settings, you can adjust the volume, alternatively you can just use the Volume Mixer on Desktop lol but yeah you can adjust ingame

If e5 gets enough traction do you think a seperate tab (like reborn or rejuvenation) for pokemon desolation would be possible? I am aware that it might be a bit too soon for that but it might be a good idea to give this game some more publicity, plus it would be much more convenient.

• Global Mods
On 6/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, O_Castigado said:

I was looking at the Graphics\Battlers folder and found a peculiar sprite of a Butterfree, is it a new form or a new mega evolution?

012_1a.png

byebyebutterfree.JPG.d62c05cb59ec8f00acca89523057ada4.JPG

1 hour ago, Maneeee said:

If e5 gets enough traction do you think a seperate tab (like reborn or rejuvenation) for pokemon desolation would be possible? I am aware that it might be a bit too soon for that but it might be a good idea to give this game some more publicity, plus it would be much more convenient.

I mean.. who knows? There is a link to the official club on the main forum page under "Developing Games". At the end of the day that would all be up to the site owners, and even though I'm a moderator, I'm not about to push for Deso to get its own separate tab lol. So we will have to wait and see how things develop.

• Haha 1

Hey there guys! First of all congratulations to Posty and Ruby for becoming a part of one of the three big Pokemon titans!! (Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvie, and Desolation.) I know with their help the game will explore to even bigger heights than ever before!!

Now I only have about.. 2 or so questions which any member of the team is willing to answer if they like.

First one is something I've always been curious to know. That would be when you had the choice to either give the stone to either shiv or Crescent. Which did you go with and why? 

The second one I feel is somewhat similar to the first, Which is character development! If you could choose only one character in the WHOLE game which one did you think was the most shocking but had the best character development and change in how they operated (Basically how they think of situations, how they executed their actions, etc.).

The last one is the music.. I feel it's one of the essential things that can really tell a story for the characters like how Hardy's theme was kind of a soft and hot rivalry before it changed into a more rock and roll and feeling that you wish there was another way until things come up and pull the rug from under you. Will the music change to really symbolize these moments in the story or will they stay the same with only a re-done melody?

I would like to once again to thank you for taking time out of your schedules just to help keep one of the biggest fangames to date stay alive and really drive it to the top of the MOUNTAIN!! **FIND GREATNESSS AT THE TOP OF THE PEAKK!!!!!!!** And to thank you for answering the questions of this curious fan of this game since I've played through it alot of times and enjoyed it ~~Although I rage quitted after I couldn't beat tristan the first time which was for a whole year cause I couldn't get past the wigglytuff since by the time I got by his pokemon mine were either at red or yellow.~~ I also hope you have a wonder day. ^_^

• Veterans
2 hours ago, Xedron said:

Hey there guys! First of all congratulations to Posty and Ruby for becoming a part of one of the three big Pokemon titans!! (Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvie, and Desolation.) I know with their help the game will explore to even bigger heights than ever before!!

Now I only have about.. 2 or so questions which any member of the team is willing to answer if they like.

First one is something I've always been curious to know. That would be when you had the choice to either give the stone to either shiv or Crescent. Which did you go with and why? 

The second one I feel is somewhat similar to the first, Which is character development! If you could choose only one character in the WHOLE game which one did you think was the most shocking but had the best character development and change in how they operated (Basically how they think of situations, how they executed their actions, etc.).

The last one is the music.. I feel it's one of the essential things that can really tell a story for the characters like how Hardy's theme was kind of a soft and hot rivalry before it changed into a more rock and roll and feeling that you wish there was another way until things come up and pull the rug from under you. Will the music change to really symbolize these moments in the story or will they stay the same with only a re-done melody?

I would like to once again to thank you for taking time out of your schedules just to help keep one of the biggest fangames to date stay alive and really drive it to the top of the MOUNTAIN!! **FIND GREATNESSS AT THE TOP OF THE PEAKK!!!!!!!** And to thank you for answering the questions of this curious fan of this game since I've played through it alot of times and enjoyed it ~~Although I rage quitted after I couldn't beat tristan the first time which was for a whole year cause I couldn't get past the wigglytuff since by the time I got by his pokemon mine were either at red or yellow.~~ I also hope you have a wonder day. ^_^

Thank you so much for the support!! ❤️

1. I chose Shiv because Nova's goal was too bizarre for me lol. I'd rather not dream forever ><

2. Hardy, ufhghgdfgfg he's one of my faves but really, I love his character development throughout the game! 

3. Some of the music has been changed, but still leaves the same (perhaps, even better) overall feeling and storytelling aspect!  Since we're testing E5 I can confidentally say that the new music that has been added has greatly amplified the mood in certain scenes and battles!

4. Again, thank you, and everyone for the support! It's amazing seeing people come together and reignite the spark for this fangame again, especially after being gone for a few years, aha. I hope E5 is to everyone's liking when it drops, since I've been having one hell of a time testing it~

(also u wont be stuck at Tristan anymore lol I was the same as u when I first played desolation lmao)

• Like 2

I love this game and can't wait for the next release! The story got me hooked! Saw some replies that there's gonna be new starters.... guess I'll be restarting a new game! I want to know more about Tristan! Will there be more story on Tristan in E5? His story was so mysterious and mind-blowing, I love it! 

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, Xedron said:

Much appreciated my guy, all the support has been phenomenal and it motivates us to continue working on the project ❤️ 

1. So I actually gave the stone to Crescent Nova because even though this "dream" sounds bizarre, theres something about Shiv that was always a bit off for me :'] also I like Nova lmao

2.  Funny you mention this, Ruby and I were actually discussing this then we saw your question 😂 but I also have to say Hardy, he has some great character development!

3. Well Ruby answered this one already but yes, there are change of music, some of the tracks are absolute bangers I tell you.

But yeah we can't wait to drop E5! its been a wild ride developing AND playing through the game, we hope everyone enjoys it! 

1 hour ago, dax said:

I love this game and can't wait for the next release! The story got me hooked! Saw some replies that there's gonna be new starters.... guess I'll be restarting a new game! I want to know more about Tristan! Will there be more story on Tristan in E5? His story was so mysterious and mind-blowing, I love it! 

Yup Yup new starters, new trainer teams, new encounters, story adjustments.. its worth playing through again

Also if I say whether or not Tristan gets more story, that could potentially be a spoiler so, all i'm going to say is.. :']

• Like 3

• Developers
8 hours ago, Ermac said:

Which pokemon gonna be axed in the version 5?

I'd rather not say until the obtainable list is out, but I can say that Posty is being axed in Episode 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 5

super excited for desolation v5 - i played the current release a little bit like last year and it was pretty great (also it'll be nice to have some good new stuff going on while i wait for rejuvenation v13 lol). all i'm gonna say is, if it turns out you've changed the pokemart music, be prepared to have a seriously b a d  t i m e.

p.s. memes aside, this does come with an actual question - will you be making the level cap a hard limit, unlike in previous versions (i have bad memories of my moxie sandile (pls don't remove him ☹️) being disobedient in the first gym fight)

• Developers
1 hour ago, SilverZephyr said:

will you be making the level cap a hard limit, unlike in previous versions (i have bad memories of my moxie sandile (pls don't remove him ☹️) being disobedient in the first gym fight)

Yes, there will be a hard level cap.

• Like 1

Appreciate all that you have done for the game and the community.

1.Hopefully this question isn't duplicate but is there going to be a speed up button for the game?

2. What is the name of the track for "Feeling-Humble beginning"

Hope you all are fine and good luck in the future

P.s Nobody likes burnouts

Edited by dnjdndf

1 hour ago, dnjdndf said:

Appreciate all that you have done for the game and the community.

1.Hopefully this question isn't duplicate but is there going to be a speed up button for the game?

2. What is the name of the track for "Feeling-Humble beginning"

Hope you all are fine and good luck in the future

P.s Nobody likes burnouts

1. Yes 😉 Ep. 5 will have a speed button. 

Good to see Caz and the bad boyz working to bring us the heralded V5!

Couple of questions

- How much has the scope of Desolation changed? Last time I played, there was a heavy emphasis on a branching story, which is an incredibly ambitious project for any game, and something Desolation did rather well, all things considered. Has it stayed mostly the same, or has the design philosophy changed in the last five years or so?

- When will the Obtainable list come out? I'm an absolute sucker for team building and over-preparing. Also have the changes made to the obtainable mons been influenced by balance, flavor, or a mix of both?

- This is in all likelyhood confidential, but what changes are you most excited about making from V4 to V5?

• Like 1

• Developers
17 minutes ago, Norm said:

Good to see Caz and the bad boyz working to bring us the heralded V5!

Couple of questions

- How much has the scope of Desolation changed? Last time I played, there was a heavy emphasis on a branching story, which is an incredibly ambitious project for any game, and something Desolation did rather well, all things considered. Has it stayed mostly the same, or has the design philosophy changed in the last five years or so?

- When will the Obtainable list come out? I'm an absolute sucker for team building and over-preparing. Also have the changes made to the obtainable mons been influenced by balance, flavor, or a mix of both?

- This is in all likelyhood confidential, but what changes are you most excited about making from V4 to V5?

1) The scope remains mostly the same. You're right, a branching story is a really ambitious task to undertake, but it's still at the forefront of what I want to do, especially in future episodes. I feel like what I want to achieve with deso is a lot more reasonable than what I had planned some years back, and I suspect that fans will enjoy it more. I'd rather not say more on the topic.

2) The obtainable list will come out just before Desolation drops, which is sometime at the end of this month. Yes, obtainable mon availability has been influenced by the balancing of trainers and Gym Leaders.

3) For me, everything is just better, and I'm excited about seeing how people respond to the quality overhaul this game has gone through. In terms of E5 content specifically, I'm excited to see discussions on the story elements, especially considering how the story has progressed since E4. I'll keep it at that, I think.

• Like 3

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Caz said:

In terms of E5 content specifically, I'm excited to see discussions on the story elements, especially considering how the story has progressed since E4. I'll keep it at that, I think.

Adding onto this I firstly should give you all an update on things we don't have a dev blog but everyone checks here anyways so yeah this is fine. Beta Testing is starting soon! within the next few days we will be getting our testers to play through the game before release, our aim is still end of this month for the release but it may change depending on the test. 

Also, when E5 eventually drops, There will be a E5 Discussion Thread made here to keep all spoilers in. After about a week since the release, feel free to then discuss further outside the thread in the club! but please be thoughtful for others who still might have not played the game.

ON TOP OF THAT, the 3 of us will be hanging around in the Reborn Discord! well I'm a mod anyways so I'm there all the time hsjb besides the point.. Feel free to discuss with us there also and come chill. We are all extremely hyped to see the community's reaction to the project after it being on hiatus for 3 years. That being said, keep an eye on the forums for any other updates or the game's release! 

• Like 3

Here's an interesting question for the 3 of you. When the game is complete or near completion or... well anytime really, would any 3 of you ever livestream this game or like make a playthrough of it? It'd be kind of cool to hear what you guys thought of certain scenes or the Pokemon you chose for a certain area or whatever as you play through the game. I feel like it won't happen but hey. Miracles happen right? 😬

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Here's an interesting question for the 3 of you. When the game is complete or near completion or... well anytime really, would any 3 of you ever livestream this game or like make a playthrough of it? It'd be kind of cool to hear what you guys thought of certain scenes or the Pokemon you chose for a certain area or whatever as you play through the game. I feel like it won't happen but hey. Miracles happen right? 😬

Awesome idea 😍 Love it !! @J-Awesome_One 

• Thanks 2

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

You know I did think about potentially livestreaming some Deso content, either being like an open AMA or just chill and discussions, or even just playing through the game with E5, if people actually want that then I may look into doing it! suppose to be streaming hollow knight but thats taken a backseat due to um.. testing.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Posty said:

You know I did think about potentially livestreaming some Deso content, either being like an open AMA or just chill and discussions, or even just playing through the game with E5, if people actually want that then I may look into doing it! suppose to be streaming hollow knight but thats taken a backseat due to um.. testing.

MIRACLES! CAN! HAPPEN! 😭