[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, Lord Otto said:

Which team is your favorite/which one would you join. Creseant or Black Fox's?

Honestly, it has to be the Black Foxes, their overall aesthetic is gorgeous (Ruby fucking nailed it) and also Amelia is there so why wouldn't I want to be on the team with that gorl 😳  

15 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Try using the regular game file. Game-z isn't compatible with everything, but regular Game might work. However, there still might be slight lag with regular Game in bigger maps.

Its actually even worse with the regular game file. My pc is pretty powerful so I'm fairly confident its not a hardware issue, and I haven't had this issue with either reborn or rejuv so its super jarring.

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Darksayian said:

Where can i find the electriser

Like I mentioned before (and in the main thread), please ask questions about in-game content such as "wheres __ item" in the Discussions Section, this is for asking questions for the Development Team to answer, not a Discussion Thread about where items or Pokemon are. If this continue I will lock the thread, thank you.

• Global Mods

Okay we have decided as a Dev Team to lock this thread for the time being, until we want to open questions again to the public. This has turned into more of a "hey where is this item" over asking us questions based on development and other stuff, so for now it will be locked. Please go to Discussions if you want to ask questions about in-game content. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • Global Mods

With the addition of Crimson to our team, we have decided to reopen the Dev Q&A! So if you have any burning questions, feel free to ask them here! If its directed at any of us, or in general go for it!

However let me remind you that this Q&A is Strictly Questions directed at the Devs about development, characters, fun stuff, etc and NOT a place to ask about INGAME Content such as "Where do I find the Ice Stone" or "Where is Lucario located?" If you want to ask these questions, either ask them in the Discussions thread OR in the Desolation channel in the Reborn Discord! If this thread goes off topic again then we will swiftly lock it until further notice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hello yes i have a question for posty

am i still allowed to play this game while drinking microwaved tea 

ALSO,,,, Ruby, the white haired protag is perfection??? I simp??? Mayhaps??

do you plan on drawing the Celia trio at some point? i need gar bear art omg 

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, lilyawaka said:

hello yes i have a question for posty

am i still allowed to play this game while drinking microwaved tea 

absolutely not, if you DARE drink your hideous microwaved tea while playing our game, I will personally rock up and buy you a kettle, and also commit a few crimes out of sheer ANGER and DISGUST at the sins you have commited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm 2
  • Sad 1

• Veterans
4 hours ago, lilyawaka said:

do you plan on drawing the Celia trio at some point? i need gar bear art omg 

Yep! They probs wont be done super quick tho since there's a lot of charas left and I want them to be a big post together OTL

• Like 3

In regards, to e6, will Connor get a personality change in the next update, or will i have to settle with him being a oversmart idiot. (I have no problems with him being a nerd, but i really hated his dialogues in the short time i played deso😂)

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I have a few questions.

• To my knowledge, there are no Field notes or any place where we can read up on the field effects. What's the reason for this? Is there any plan to introduce such a feature in the future?
  • Will the PC be able to achieve perfection form for one of their pokemon?
  • Is there a page where I can read the stats and other details of customer megas and perfection forms?
  • Apart from custom megas and perfection forms, is there any other battle mechanic that you're looking to implement in the future? (For instance, the concept of crests from Rejuvenation)

I know some of these questions come close to spoiler territory, but I would appreciate if you can answer them. Thanks!

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, sayar said:

In regards, to e6, will Connor get a personality change in the next update, or will i have to settle with him being a oversmart idiot. (I have no problems with him being a nerd, but i really hated his dialogues in the short time i played deso😂)

Woooooooooow, can't believe you've called him an oversmart idiot 😔 well you see at the start of the game he is a bit of a smug ass punk, but later on he develops :O we don't have plans on changing up his personality early game, but he definitely will get character development!

4 hours ago, Progfan_r said:

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I have a few questions.

• To my knowledge, there are no Field notes or any place where we can read up on the field effects. What's the reason for this? Is there any plan to introduce such a feature in the future?
  • Will the PC be able to achieve perfection form for one of their pokemon?
  • Is there a page where I can read the stats and other details of customer megas and perfection forms?
  • Apart from custom megas and perfection forms, is there any other battle mechanic that you're looking to implement in the future? (For instance, the concept of crests from Rejuvenation)

I know some of these questions come close to spoiler territory, but I would appreciate if you can answer them. Thanks!

Hiya! its no worries what so ever, we haven't had questions opened in a while anyways so~

1 - So the field notes.. haha, we planned on having them within the files for EP5 however we fell short of time/we just overall forgot to put it bluntly. On top of that the fields that you really needed notes for are either used once (Cloud Field) or are essentially somewhat the same as another field in Reborn. However in EP6 we are developing these fields to have more of a personality, so there will be a Field Notes in EP6! and if we forget then please shout at me until I make one.

2 - who knows.. 

3 - There isn't a page like that here on the forums, we may make one in the future, orrrr if someone wants to develop a wiki for Pokemon Desolation, then we do not mind if the stats/other details are posted there! Tbh if someone wants to make a Megas/Perfection page here, then drop me a dm, i'll have a chat with the gang and we can decide how to go about it.

4 - As of right now, we have no plans of any extra battle mechanic to be implemented in the near future, this may change though! Our main focus is developing the concept of "Perfection Form", custom Megas are just an extra thing because damn, when a custom Mega is done right its gorgeous~

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Veterans
15 hours ago, Novaflame said:

Hello really really love the game. So Ruby first let me say in love with the MC's and the art in general, just wondering how would you describe how the protags act and think sorry if you already answered this just really invested. thank you. 

Personally I feel like:

Danielle - super energetic and cheerful

Sienna - pretty calm, maybe kinda a nerd lmao

Robin - kinda sassy, not taking anyones bs hehe

Chad - is surely edgy, maybe a bit like Connor?

Diego - would be quite the risk taker, probably similar to Danielle

Avery - sophisticated, quiet, but can also be a bit blunt

Though, anything can work since they're just the protags~

• Like 1

Desolation's story has many plot twists and I wanted to ask how do you make up the story ?

Do you have some big plot points you build around ? And did you have trouble making E5's story considering the big hiatus between E4 and E5 ?

• Developers

1) I have major plot points drawn up until the end of the game. The rest I create episode-episode, which gives me a huge amount of freedom without going to far off track.

2) I actually did find it really difficult to fill in the blanks with E5's story. So much of the game was super unfamiliar to me, and it took loads of time to work things out. It's probably quite evident in E5 that my own perception of the characters had changed significantly.

• Developers

Coincidental. I never watched Naruto that far in (it's a really, really long show). I learnt of the relevant arc in Naruto a good deal of time after writing Episode 2 (where the dialogue you're referring to comes from). It's not exactly an idea that's deeply original, and in my case, it only served to facilitate discussions that were bought about by academic sceptics and much later by René Descartes, those discussions forming the thematic basis of the story. I wanted to bring in the question of living in a dream early on, but in a more indirect way.

• Developers
1 hour ago, Progfan_r said:

Why call it the Dreamscape? The name's kind of a give-away.

Spoiler

Sure, guess I'll rename it to reality-scape.

ok but fr I visualised this area long before I created the premise in which it existed, and it was always called the Dreamscape. This is mostly because it surrounds what was initially coined the 'sleepy village', where almost everyone was stuck within a dream.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
23 hours ago, Nooooooo said:

Are difficulty modes planned in V6 or after?

As of right now, we do not have any plans on introducing difficulty modes for the game, maybe this will change in the future? who knows, we can include them however we would then need to include 3 sets for each trainer in the game (casual, normal and intense) , which as you can imagine will take a very long time when we could be using that time to improve other aspects of the game. We are completely open though for the community to create their own difficulty versions of the game to upload here like the community have done with "Memeborn" and "Reborn Alt Forms". If we do decide to introduce difficulty modes, don't expect them for EP6, it will be for a future future episode!