[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Developers
3 hours ago, Mytic27 said:
  Hide contents

Will determinant characters still have a huge impact on the story or just additional dialogues

STORY SPOILERS (kinda not really idk?)

Spoiler

Determinant characters will have an impact on the story. This is something I really want to make sure that I nail (even though it will take a long time to sort out particular branches) as I'm aware of the tendency for games to forget about determinant characters.

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Wolfmoru said:

Are the starter 'mon shiny locked by any chance? 

No they are not! nothing in the game will be shiny locked aha

6 hours ago, NeedSumShoes said:

Is the battle simulator/Rematch system bugged?
I sided with shiv but am unable to rematch aurora and instead only shiv.
Also Rosetta/Lilith/Hardy/Tristan/Grand Rogue/Sena are not on the battle simulator is that intentional?

So siding with Shiv or not has no impact on the battle sim, we selected a bunch of trainers to go in there, this episode we added 2 new trainers to the sim but yeah, we can add more for ep6 if people want that but the selection there is the only selection for now!

5 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I don't think this should be considered as a spoiler but which is your favorite custom shiny that's been sent over on the "Introducing the Shiny Project!" so far? 😎

There have been a bunch of awesome Shinies that have come through but I can't spoil my favourite (since its in the game) however have this abomination instead
wtf.png.8aff80384f72856553a6c08166fe37a2.png

• Haha 3
  • Hmm 2

Question for Caz

So I remember back in Ep4 Rock Smash had 75BP and Mightyena got a bunch of Ghost moves by level up because of certain reasons. Neither of which is the cas ein Ep5.

Did these things get axed intentionally or did you just forget about them?

So ... I'm not sure if this has been answered, I tried looking it up and I haven't seen it as answered so I'm going to take the shot!
As we all know Pokemon Desolation has its own quests and sidequest and ... what is bothering me is the Weeping Hill book sidequest, I've seen some videos from previous episodes but I can't seem to find the key to enter the room that has said book, anyone knows how to do this?

PS: Yes I have done the other quest on weeping hills (Rangers quest and the Red Piece Quest)

• Veterans
3 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

hey there I have a question for the whole dev team.  

Hide contents

What was you favorite moment in the game? 

My former favorite moment was E4 but the whole archives thing and the battle with aurora/shiv.

My new favorite is (E5 spoilers)

Spoiler

going through Cellia North with Aaron and Garret, that whole sequence and the battle with Hardy at the end, I loved that!

6 minutes ago, AmadeusXander said:

So ... I'm not sure if this has been answered, I tried looking it up and I haven't seen it as answered so I'm going to take the shot!
As we all know Pokemon Desolation has its own quests and sidequest and ... what is bothering me is the Weeping Hill book sidequest, I've seen some videos from previous episodes but I can't seem to find the key to enter the room that has said book, anyone knows how to do this?

PS: Yes I have done the other quest on weeping hills (Rangers quest and the Red Piece Quest)

I'm going to assume you mean the book sidequest given to you by a woman in Celeste. You have to have done all the rangers sidequests, and speak to Elliot. He'll give you a final sidequest in which you'll be able to access the library in the Weeping Hill, and you'll find the book for the woman there too.

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Display name said:

Is pokemon desolation compatible with samsung smart fridge

In a world... Where PCs don't exist

There is only one way to play Pokemon Desolation...

COMING TO A FRIDGE NEAR YOU

to answer your question i have no bloody clue, who tests fan games on a bloody fridge

4 hours ago, Void1243 said:

Have you ever considered adding a New Game plus feature? 

umm maybe? hasn't crossed our minds tbh

3 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Reveal hidden contents

EPISODE 5 SPOILERS

Spoiler

Honestly favourite moment has to be.. either the battle with Hardy in Cellia North OR the entire sequence where you fight alongside Shiv vs Baron, that fight is my favourite in the game

2 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

I'm going to assume you mean the book sidequest given to you by a woman in Celeste. You have to have done all the rangers sidequests, and speak to Elliot. He'll give you a final sidequest in which you'll be able to access the library in the Weeping Hill, and you'll find the book for the woman there too.

Oooooh, so that's how it is on version 5 ... kinda wish I had done the aipom quest before asking for help cuz that was my last one to do.
Thank you for the quick response and sorry for bothering.

• Upvote 1

• Developers
5 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Question for Caz

So I remember back in Ep4 Rock Smash had 75BP and Mightyena got a bunch of Ghost moves by level up because of certain reasons. Neither of which is the cas ein Ep5.

Did these things get axed intentionally or did you just forget about them?

Yes I done goofed.

7 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Hide contents

E5 Spoilers

Spoiler

Actual game-wise - it's got to be the scene with the confrontation being Baron and Shiv. I put a lot into making this scene the way it is, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Development-wise - the scene where we first see Tristan again in Odis Village - of the many renditions of E5 that I made, this scene represented the first point where I was 100% sure of how I wanted the Episode to play out. Completing this first scene was a huge moment for me because it really meant that I was back.

Uhh, question

Spoiler

When the player first meets Lilith, she ends up hypnotizing them and later they wake up back in their manor. My question is, how did know she where the player lives?? They recently got that Manor, to add ._.

1 hour ago, Caz said:

Yes I done goofed.

omg i thought it was doing less than usual despite being buffed glad you clarified also i never noticed any ghost type moves when i used Mightyena in episode 4 was i really that clueless because i think i would have put them on my move set

4 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

omg i thought it was doing less than usual despite being buffed glad you clarified also i never noticed any ghost type moves when i used Mightyena in episode 4 was i really that clueless because i think i would have put them on my move set

I distinctly remember it getting Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw.

Since Ghost and Dark are super effective against the same Types there's actually not much gameplay reason to use Ghost moves on Mightyena. You might have ditched them because of that.

Hey I wanted to ask, do the player characters have official names? Similar to how the player characters in Reborn and Rejuvenation have official names, I would love to know if the ones in this game do as well? I love playing a Pokémon fan-game more when the player character I'm playing as has their own name. For me, it makes it feel more part of the story then imposing a chosen name on a character.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, DeathTheClover said:

Hey I wanted to ask, do the player characters have official names? Similar to how the player characters in Reborn and Rejuvenation have official names, I would love to know if the ones in this game do as well? I love playing a Pokémon fan-game more when the player character I'm playing as has their own name. For me, it makes it feel more part of the story then imposing a chosen name on a character.

Yes! I wasn't sure if Caz wanted to reveal them in a cool way, but I just got the okay to do so~

Spoiler

trainer000.png.b8a0abfa54e7a57df1701f28c8b3c141.pngChad (Caz really wanted that to be his name lol)
 trainer001.png.b8d429f9fd1bc8e66e50a698421dcdcd.png Sienna!
trainer002.png.15f9b17d8498dcbd208dc7e460e4a97c.pngDiego!
trainer003.png.e7b3c557cdf4426aa18f05d343301092.pngDanielle! (just Dani is fine too~)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

Yes! I wasn't sure if Caz wanted to reveal them in a cool way, but I just got the okay to do so~

Reveal hidden contents

trainer000.png.b8a0abfa54e7a57df1701f28c8b3c141.pngChad (Caz really wanted that to be his name lol)
 trainer001.png.b8d429f9fd1bc8e66e50a698421dcdcd.png Sienna!
trainer002.png.15f9b17d8498dcbd208dc7e460e4a97c.pngDiego!
trainer003.png.e7b3c557cdf4426aa18f05d343301092.pngDanielle! (just Dani is fine too~)

Should have named him Chaz.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

by any chance, weren't certain moves buffed in previous versions? I recalled specifically that one of the reasons that i almost went with growlithe was that rock smash was more powerful, giving it more coverage. it has been a long time, but i doubt that i would make a mistake as glaring as that. 

Just now, xiaomaome said:

by any chance, weren't certain moves buffed in previous versions? I recalled specifically that one of the reasons that i almost went with growlithe was that rock smash was more powerful, giving it more coverage. it has been a long time, but i doubt that i would make a mistake as glaring as that. 

yeah you're not wrong, Caz previously mentioned that he had forgotten about the buffs, so they weren't included in episode 5. They'll probably be reintroduced in Episode 6 so long as either Caz or Posty don't forget again 

• Veterans
25 minutes ago, ChaoticStreamer said:

Hey I just started the game using the game-z file and there are some awful frame dips every two steps I take. Its super jarring and honestly it feels like my sprite is slugging his way across the screen. Is there something I could do to fix this?

Try using the regular game file. Game-z isn't compatible with everything, but regular Game might work. However, there still might be slight lag with regular Game in bigger maps.

17 hours ago, Junior said:

yeah you're not wrong, Caz previously mentioned that he had forgotten about the buffs, so they weren't included in episode 5. They'll probably be reintroduced in Episode 6 so long as either Caz or Posty don't forget again 

cool

4 hours ago, ChaoticStreamer said:

Hey I just started the game using the game-z file and there are some awful frame dips every two steps I take. Its super jarring and honestly it feels like my sprite is slugging his way across the screen. Is there something I could do to fix this?

try going to properties and disabling full screen optimization. it kinda worked for me

Edited by Daniel Prithvi

1 hour ago, Darksayian said:

can i get a link for the evolution changes? like how can i evolve my electabuzz

To evolve Electabuzz in Desolation, you need to give it the Electririser and use a Link stone, and it's done.