[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, kezzakay91 said:

hey just want to ask if there is a dicord server for this game

I've mentioned this before but we don't have a public Desolation Discord, we do however hang around in the Reborn Discord! (we have a Desolation channel there also).

There is also a private Desolation Discord which is only available for our Patreons (well Caz's I'm just saying ours because we work on the game lol), if anyone wants to know if theres a way to support Caz more, his Patreon link is located in the Desolation ep5 Thread! 

I apologize if there is a wait period for any episode 5 help, if there is I'll be patient. If so can I get a date please so I don't make the mistake again. I have made it to the episode 5 stuff and could use some help. 

Spoiler

I found the north book as I had the memory thing, but I am having trouble finding the west book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Jatunis said:

I apologize if there is a wait period for any episode 5 help, if there is I'll be patient. If so can I get a date please so I don't make the mistake again. I have made it to the episode 5 stuff and could use some help. 

Reveal hidden contents

I found the north book as I had the memory thing, but I am having trouble finding the west book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

First of all, you're posting that question in the wrong place. Posty previously mentioned that any more questions regarding where to find things in the game should be asked in Discussions, not in here, or the thread will be locked, and we don't want that to happen. 

But I also don't want to be a dick, so I'll help out but if you ever need help on where to find something or where to go in the game in the future, I kindly ask you move it to the Discussions section. 

Spoiler

If you're talking about where to find the west book in the Dreamscape, its just around where my character is standing in the screenshot below. 

image.thumb.png.b33aa5bd0c655ff8f2c6f837d8ac1c70.png

Edited by Junior
  • Thanks 1

Hey! I have a question in mind

1. Will the MC have romance option? (i'm sorry for asking such a cringy question because quarantine is driving me mad and i can't meet with any of my friends and i've done all entertainment things that i'm losing my mind so now i need something to keep me from driving into madness!)

Spoiler

2.What's the title theme of Hardy/Scarlett battle theme? 

2 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

2.What's the title theme of Hardy/Scarlett battle theme? 

Tellur Town Autumn Remix from Pokken Tournament. This game's version is slightly sped up, making it actually better. 

• Thanks 1

I know this is too soon to ask. I see that you are planning to implement gen 8 mons and mechanices I guess, in future episodes. Since gen 8 does not have all the mons from previous generations, how will you adjust the Level up, TM/TR, breeding mechanics for pokemon which are not yet there in gen 8?

• Developers
20 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Hey! I have a question in mind

1. Will the MC have romance option? (i'm sorry for asking such a cringy question because quarantine is driving me mad and i can't meet with any of my friends and i've done all entertainment things that i'm losing my mind so now i need something to keep me from driving into madness!)

We are not currently considering romance as a mechanic for the MC in Desolation, and have made no plans for it.

16 hours ago, Ravuri1 said:

I know this is too soon to ask. I see that you are planning to implement gen 8 mons and mechanices I guess, in future episodes. Since gen 8 does not have all the mons from previous generations, how will you adjust the Level up, TM/TR, breeding mechanics for pokemon which are not yet there in gen 8?

Magic (in other words, we'll keep you posted).

23 hours ago, Caz said:

We are not currently considering romance as a mechanic for the MC in Desolation, and have made no plans for it.

Magic (in other words, we'll keep you posted).

So then, you might be asking yourself, what the heck is the point of reputation then? Sigh. The answer is simple, romance. After a long, long time of thinking, I decided that if I am careful enough (very careful), romance could indeed help deliver the message of Desolation. This means that yes, in the future, some characters WILL be able to be romanced.  Im a little confused about this quote from one of the previous desolation forums is this different from the romance you were referring to in the reply or did did you backtrack and decide to not have it in the end.

• Developers
6 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

So then, you might be asking yourself, what the heck is the point of reputation then? Sigh. The answer is simple, romance. After a long, long time of thinking, I decided that if I am careful enough (very careful), romance could indeed help deliver the message of Desolation. This means that yes, in the future, some characters WILL be able to be romanced.  Im a little confused about this quote from one of the previous desolation forums is this different from the romance you were referring to in the reply or did did you backtrack and decide to not have it in the end.

I made this post at least three years ago. Unsurprisingly, a lot has changed since then. I changed many ideas surrounding Desolation's direction, this being one of them.

9 hours ago, Caz said:

I made this post at least three years ago. Unsurprisingly, a lot has changed since then. I changed many ideas surrounding Desolation's direction, this being one of them.

If this is the case, then could you clarify what the point of the MC's interactions with Ava are about? The way I see it, based on the dialogue in the manor the game seems to be setting you up with her. Of course, I could be completely misinterpreting this and you don't have to say anything if it involves future content. Thanks!

Just now, Caz said:

It doesn't matter. We all know, PC and Ava are meant for each other, even if it never happens in-game.

• Like 2

• Global Mods
On 7/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, Skelemix said:

If this is the case, then could you clarify what the point of the MC's interactions with Ava are about? The way I see it, based on the dialogue in the manor the game seems to be setting you up with her. Of course, I could be completely misinterpreting this and you don't have to say anything if it involves future content. Thanks!

Can a friend not be worried about another friend? heck if my friend was consistently passing out, sleeping for long periods of time and apparently is talking to a gHOSt, I would also act like how Ava does and be concerned. There will be no romance option in the game, yes maybe Caz mentioned it when there will be like 5 years ago when he was a young boi. The reputation system is purely there to map out your own story in the game, will you be more friendly towards Ava or Scarlett? Do you care about Amelia at all? This doesn't have to "imply" oh the character is being set up with another character so please. Head Canon if you want thats fine lol just leave it at that.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Display name said:

What is your guys's favorite custom shiny.

I like shiny lotad

Well considering the current custom shinies are from Reborn, mines Typhlosion lol.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, HollowedKing said:

I'm not sure if this has already been asked or not but is it possible to play this on an emulator for mobile devices? Thanks in advance.

I've noticed someone has been playing Desolation on a mobile, so it is possible, but for now we have no idea aha, you gotta ask around about that one.

18 hours ago, Lord Otto said:

I understand why caz has a patron but isn't that a risk? Sense doesn't Nintendo target hacks and ranges that make money more often then ones that don't.

Well Ame and Jan both have Patreons so... I mean if you put it into perspective, Caz is telling a story which is the main kicker of the game, the Pokemon part comes second aha, its a risk for all creators, having a Patreon doesn't change it being a risk also go pledge for some exclusive desolation content from Caz and the other devs ❤️

18 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

question why was the figurine reference to pokemon reborn and rejuvenation cut in the beginning of the game

Purely and simply just didn't fit that well in the scene, there are other references throughout the game to Reborn/Rejuvenation also to community members.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, Caz said:

Since you say you have changed your mind on a lot of things, does this mean the seeming retcon involving Kuiki (1st boss and Shiv's brother and sole sibling to just some random kids who looked up to Shiv and was replaced by Aurora storywise) is due to this? Or was he always meant to be unimportant? Will he have a bigger role to play?

• Developers
17 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

Since you say you have changed your mind on a lot of things, does this mean the seeming retcon involving Kuiki (1st boss and Shiv's brother and sole sibling to just some random kids who looked up to Shiv and was replaced by Aurora storywise) is due to this? Or was he always meant to be unimportant? Will he have a bigger role to play?

I haven't just removed existing elements or anything like that - I just meant that I had changed future plans with the game. I won't speculate on Kuiki's future specifically, but yeah I'm aware of his current position in the game.

Is the battle simulator/Rematch system bugged?
I sided with shiv but am unable to rematch aurora and instead only shiv.
Also Rosetta/Lilith/Hardy/Tristan/Grand Rogue/Sena are not on the battle simulator is that intentional?