Devilish

RGSS Lag/Crash

I'm unsure where the most appropriate place for this is as it doesn't pertain to either Reborn Or Rejuvenation but rather the RGSS platform as I'm experiencing the problem with both as well as Insurgence. I also have Uranium but haven't tried it. Presumable the problem exists in it as well.

My current activity is a shiny Meditite hunt in Amethyst Cave and leveling up the newest member of my team, a shiny Natu in Rejuvenation.
In basic terms I was just running around just inside the exit to Sheridan Village and all was fine until out of nowhere the game started to lag severely and when I'd get into a wild encounter the game would crash upon my Pokemon being sent out. 

This happened once before in Reborn but I installed a bunch of new system updates I was behind on and the problem ceased. 
I had one update pending this time as well.

Another common denominator was both times, my laptop plug had been knocked out of the outlet and my battery had dropped to the 20%-30% zone by the time I noticed. 

Tonight, however, my laptop has been completely updated and is fully charged but the issue persists. 

I did a virus and malware scan and both came back squeaky clean. 

I'm at a loss here. What happened? 

The last thing I downloaded was Rejuvenation V12. 

I have a 1.5 year old Lenevo Flex 14 with Windows 10. 
I use mods in Reborn, have them installed for Rejuv but they don't work and don't have any for Insurgence or Uranium. 

If I'm lucky I'll have wasted a thread as the issue will somehow clear itself during the night later while I and my laptop are sleeping. 

21 hours ago, Devilish said:

I'm unsure where the most appropriate place for this is as it doesn't pertain to either Reborn Or Rejuvenation but rather the RGSS platform as I'm experiencing the problem with both as well as Insurgence. I also have Uranium but haven't tried it. Presumable the problem exists in it as well.

My current activity is a shiny Meditite hunt in Amethyst Cave and leveling up the newest member of my team, a shiny Natu in Rejuvenation.
In basic terms I was just running around just inside the exit to Sheridan Village and all was fine until out of nowhere the game started to lag severely and when I'd get into a wild encounter the game would crash upon my Pokemon being sent out. 

This happened once before in Reborn but I installed a bunch of new system updates I was behind on and the problem ceased. 
I had one update pending this time as well.

Another common denominator was both times, my laptop plug had been knocked out of the outlet and my battery had dropped to the 20%-30% zone by the time I noticed. 

Tonight, however, my laptop has been completely updated and is fully charged but the issue persists. 

I did a virus and malware scan and both came back squeaky clean. 

I'm at a loss here. What happened? 

The last thing I downloaded was Rejuvenation V12. 

I have a 1.5 year old Lenevo Flex 14 with Windows 10. 
I use mods in Reborn, have them installed for Rejuv but they don't work and don't have any for Insurgence or Uranium. 

If I'm lucky I'll have wasted a thread as the issue will somehow clear itself during the night later while I and my laptop are sleeping. 

The platform is known for having a mind of it's own to a degree when it comes to lagging and stuff

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

The platform is known for having a mind of it's own to a degree when it comes to lagging and stuff

Yeah that's pretty much the theory I've landed on at this point. 
I figure all I need to do is keep trying until it works itself out. 

Edited by Devilish

57 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Yeah that's pretty much the theory I've landed on at this point. 
I figure all I need to do is keep trying until it works itself out. 

Try to run as few things possible while playing the game
if your having issues mainly with weather try grabbing the weather mod and keeping it set to clear

try using 18.3 if your not already on it as well

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Try to run as few things possible while playing the game

I have. Installing a system update requires me to restart my Laptop and when Windows 10 started, the game was the first thing I opened. No dice. 

if your having issues mainly with weather try grabbing the weather mod and keeping it set to clear

No problems with the weather. 

try using 18.3 if your not already on it as well

That would be in reference to Reborn. I did install 18.3 but the mods don't work in it so I went back to 18.2. I still have 18.3, however. 

V12 is the most updated version of Rejuv right?

Edited by Devilish

1 minute ago, Devilish said:

I have. Installing a system update requires me to restart my Laptop and when Windows 10 started, the game was the first thing I opened. No dice. 

18.3 helps a lot with lag, but yeah a lot of mods I think haven't gotten to update yet to the new launcher
The platform used enjoys using as many resources from your computer as it can sadly

That would be in reference to Reborn. I did install 18.3 but the mods don't work in it so I went back to 18.2. I still have 18.3, however. 

V12 is the most updated version of Rejuv right?

I have no idea on rejuv, I haven't played it but I blieve so

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

I have no idea on rejuv, I haven't played it but I blieve so

I've only recently started Rejuv myself.

The problem isn't so much the lag but that every time I get into a wild encounter the game crashes right after my Pokemon is sent out, even before the sparkle animation as I have almost all shinies in Rejuv. I get the error: "The script is taking too long, the game will restart" (though I don't let it restart, I close it).

Edited by Devilish

10 hours ago, Devilish said:

I've only recently started Rejuv myself.

The problem isn't so much the lag but that every time I get into a wild encounter the game crashes right after my Pokemon is sent out, even before the sparkle animation as I have almost all shinies in Rejuv. I get the error: "The script is taking too long, the game will restart" (though I don't let it restart, I close it).

Battle animations off?

33 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Battle animations off?

Hmm. I went to turn them off to see if that would change anything but I received the script error again upon opening the options. 

Script error. The same one as in battle "The script is taking too long, the game will restart". 

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

Script error. The same one as in battle "The script is taking too long, the game will restart". 

Ah
Funny timing

Posted (edited)

FYI: I sent my file to @BIGJRA as they'd offered to help me get the Coin Case as it had failed to spawn after I talked to the girl who flushes it and since they returned the file (with the Coin Case in bag) the lagging and script errors are now gone. 

Edited by Devilish
  • Like 1