Mafia of the Caribbean [D5 - TP WIN]

Alistair

YARR HARR HOOO!

Welcome aboard the HMS Betrayal, ye funny landlubbers! This is Cap'n Alibeard speaking. Whether ye be some aspirin' sailor or just a simple passenger, I can promise ye, this'll be a cruise ye won't be forgettin' anytime soon! Yer going to get a taste of what a real pirate's life is.

...or this is what I'd be tellin' ye, if I didn't badly need yer help. Ya see, there be some dang mutineers among my men. I need ye to find who dem scurvy dogs be, so we can toss em right overboard and be on our way! But beware now, if ye let em outnumber ye loyal lads, they'll throw me to the sharks, and we don't be wantin' that, do we?

Keep yer peepers open. These be dangerous waters, with even more dangerous things lurkin' below...

Wot this game be about then? (Credits to Divergent, original author of ye olde Pirate Code)

Spoiler

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority [Town], who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, and the Informed Minority [Mafia], who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should eliminate.

At the beginning of the game, players receive a channel in the discord server with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase – Typically lasting 48 hours , players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Mafia slowly while Mafia players have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be lynched.

(2) The Night Phase – Typically lasting 24 hours, the thread is considered “locked” at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until one of the major factions attains their win condition or unless it is no longer possible.

Wot are thar factions in play?

Spoiler

Loyal Crew Members: them be yer good ole uninformed majority, aka Town! They be winnin' when all threats to their Cap'n have been tossed overboard.

Mutineers: now, dem be filthy traitors, tryna claim me ship as theirs. They win when they equal or outnumber everyone else. We'll call em the Mafia!

Third Parties: there be some mighty strange fellas on me ship, whose interests don't align with the Town's or the Mafia's.

Wot are dem roles?

Spoiler

Roles? Wot ye be talkin' about, landlubbers? All I know is wot kinda crewmen there be on me ship, other than me. Here goes:

First Mate,

Helmsman,

Lookout,

Cook,

Doctor,

Quartermaster,

Port Gunner,

Starboard Gunner,

8 Regular Sailors,

and me Parrot.

For a total of 17 crew members. Wot they be doin', you ask? They be doin' their job, duh! Although I can tell ye, some of dem folks have their quirks, even among dem Regular Sailors. Ye should watch out for that.

The Captain's Rules:

Spoiler

1. This be a closed set-up! Abilities and alignment are only revealed when ye kick the ole bucket.

2. All crew members must post at least twice and vote to lynch someone every day, or they'll be thrown overboard, yarrrrr!

3. If there's a tie, the lynchee will be randomized between the tied players.

4. Dead men tell no tales. That be meanin', no final post for the dead!

5. The game starts on Day 1, and on that day only, lynching is optional.

6. Respect yer fellow crewmen and yer Cap'n.

Last but not least, this cruise be featurin' Daytime Events, on odd days only! Them will be opportunities for ye to earn some booty... or to face the curse of the Seven Seas.

That be all, landlubbers. If yer interested in joinin' the cruise, sign up in me thread below! If ye want to be a spectator or a juror, don't forget to tell me.

Either way, yer gonna have to join the HMS Betrayal's discord server, for that be where yer private channels be.

Good luck, don't let me down!

Join this: https://discord.gg/BAsymE3

Crew Members:

1. Newt

2. L'Belle

3. Nicki

4. Bok Choi

5. Dragoknight

6. Eviora

7. LykosHand

8. Nano

9. Cherry

10. GenEric

11. Amine

12. Chickens

13. Hypurr

14. Seal

15. Falirion

16. Aldo

17. Astra

Overseers:

1. Divergent

2. Anti-Loser

• Like 2

Day 1

Rise and shine, landlubbers! It be yer first day aboard the Betrayal! The sea's calm, the sky is blue, the seagulls just as annoying as ever. Deckhands be scrubbin' the ship clean. The Lookout ain't seeing any threat on the horizon. Me helmsman be guiding us to our destination, Port Royal, where plunder and booty be waitin' for us.

...Uh? What's that?

By Davy Jones' tentacle beard... Peg Leg Tom, what happened to ye?? The oldest sailor on me ship, loyal to a fault, found by sailors with a knife through the heart! There be a message pinned on his chest...

"Surrender yer ship to us, or more will follow."

Mutineers? Aboard me ship? It's more common than ye think! Well, like hell I'l surrender me ship to ye scurvy dogs! Loyal crew, help me find the traitors before they kill yer cap'n! Some of you may die, but that be a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Wait... we're already in sight of Port Royal. This be bad timin', but pirates remain pirates... yer task for today, is to plunder this darn settlement! Bring their gold back to the ship, but be careful, if ye do a lousy job, ye'll be punished! Same if yer too greedy for yer own good!

Good luck, mateys!

Day 1 Event: Treasure for everybody! But mostly, for me.

All players must choose in their private quarters a number of gold coins to plunder from Port Royal, between 1 and 100. At the end of the day, the players who plundered the most coins and the least coins will receive a penalty. The player who plundered the second highest number of coins will receive a boon.

Day 1 Special Rule

Today only, lynching is optional. You may instead choose to [Abstain]. If the majority does, nobody will be lynched. Otherwise, the player who received the most votes will be lynched.

Posting requirements still apply regardless.

Well, it seems I've chosen an absolutely dreadful time to take a ride on a pirate ship, though I suppose this little killing game will add to the thrill.

2 minutes ago, Eviora said:

Well, it seems I've chosen an absolutely dreadful time to take a ride on a pirate ship, though I suppose this little killing game will add to the thrill.

Yaaar, don't worry little miss, just view it as an adventure cruise, may even pay for itself, so to speak