Various bugs related to online battling

Cervys

After co-running an online league for a while now, we've discovered (and fixed) various bugs that I haven't seen noted here yet:

- Damage-dealing Z-Moves ignore Focus Sashes and Focus Bands, KOing despite the opponent mon wearing one. 

- Using an Elemental Seed on the Murkwater Field gives an error message and does not use up the seed after applying the effect. (just a typo in the code for the seed activation)

- The Speed-lowering effect of the Swamp Field does not activate Competitive / Defiant and is not inverted by Contrary (that part wasnt copied over from the offline battle section)

- Not sure if this part is intentional or not, but the Seeds that make the user recharge (Inverse, New World) do not make the user skip a turn if they were switched in through effects like Parting Shot and Ally Switch or if they  were manually switched in 

- Moves that force the user to switch out all maintain stat boosts and other effects similar to Baton Pass. (Parting Shot, Ally Switch, etc. ) (all of them have batonpass set to true in the move effects section)

- Battling online does not set a field backup, which means that after a field was overwritten by moves like Psychic Terrain, the field will return not to the field it was before, but rather the field that the character's in-game location has.

- Stealth Rock is not actually affected by the inverted type chart on Inverse. Again, not sure if this was intended, but since it was noted like that in the wiki, I'm just gonna include it.

- After activating Unburden, the Speed boost applies even after switching the Pokemon out. 

- Wonder Skin does not work at all on Rainbow Field, instead of blocking all moves (just a typo in the code)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

i wish i'd seen this a couple weeks ago, we totally just fixed some of this
the new world seed thing is currently intended

so is the field back up thing but we may go ahead and change that since it bases off location........

a lot of these are issues in single player battles too

we've fixed the z-moves, the elemental seed, the baton passish moves, and stealth rock recently. well. "recently".

ty for this!

15 hours ago, Amethyst said:

we totally just fixed some of this

are these fixes in 18.3 already, or is there some other way to check all the fixes that have been done so far? wouldnt want to flood you with errors that have already been fixed anyway, since ill probably make more posts like this at some point

• Administrators

they are not, and unfortunately there isn't really a good way because we barely know what we've fixed ourselves and realllly need a better way of tracking this

maybe soon

idk

someday

i appreciate the regard tho

Archived