Jump to content
andracass

[18.3.beta] Mac Version Crashes/Errors

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, ausar999 said:

Not a crash, but something weird I've noticed- the music will suddenly halve itself in tempo and drop an octave or too in some areas that I'm pretty sure it didn't when I was running it with Wine. Like Shelly's bedroom, Beryl graveyard, etc. 

 

Might just be an 18.3 change, and it gives off a pretty cool vibe for the graveyard in particular, but yeah, not sure if it's intended.

definitely intended. did it not do that before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andracass said:

definitely intended. did it not do that before?

Possibly, maybe I just had turned the music off when I played through the game last, or I just wasn't paying enough attention. Nevermind then 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ausar999 Hey there. I know you weren't talking to me, but that is supposed to happen. Windows is able to read whatever data is in Reborn that says when to change the tempo of the music, where WIne doesn't and just plays the vanilla audio file.

 

EDIT: Just realized I missed a few posts in which you were answered. Oops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

[EDIT: my bad, this seems to be already reported here:

 

Hi!

I'm not completely sure it belongs to this topic rather than its own, but I've got a lot of incorrectly displayed sprites with this client, and this seems to specifically happen on OSX.

I mean, things like this:

apophyllbeach.png.dd9ca3991d785fb35f97119ca68e2c55.pngchrysoliaforest.png.6e4cd2ca3c64902696f44d3613585faa.pngspineltown.png.4c50dec3f19c2a6fcb63eeabf7c00ba4.pngunderthestairway.png.4ea50e1e935ec7536d4fc45eb7c82d23.png

(note that the player sprite is always correctly displayed, on one of the screens, it's merely hidden by... what I assume to be a big rock?)

Basically, some sprites are replaced by others or perhaps not even displayed at all (like grass in the chrysolia forest, although the animation when walking into it is still there).

It's still technically playable (although, with the more severe cases, I'm mostly just feeling my way through the map). Sometimes, the weather sprites (e.g. the rain or wind) also get replaced but I don't think I've a screen of those around.

Surprisingly enough, this occurs very regularly but doesn't seem to lead to client crashes (or at least very seldomly). The client crashed twice so far in about 30~40h of play (the last crash happened in the middle of a sprite drawing function which suggests it could actually be related, but it's hard to be sure).

I'm running the game on a mid-2012 macbook pro with OSX 10.14.6.

Oh, and, I tried to compare with Wine + a windows version (I only started playing about a little more than a week ago) but... it's so slow the game restarts itself a dozen seconds in because "scripts are hanging". So... yeah, I gave up. If I'm not too lazy, I might try to compile a debug version of mkxp and run it with lldb (assuming the mkxp-z executable in the bundle is nothing more than an interpretor for data/scripts.rxdata and can be easily replaced, I admit I don't know how rpgmaker games are typically built) but I'm not sure it'd actually be useful since the game doesn't really crash, the ruby(?) script seems to be in some unreadable precompiled binary format, and I have no clue what to actually look for.

 

Edited by Olxinos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Olxinos said:

[EDIT: my bad, this seems to be already reported here:

no please report it here

 

if you want to take a better peek at the code, we basically run off of this: https://github.com/inori-z/mkxp-z

because i don't really have any idea what's going on here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I just started playing this game and I have been playing on my Mac, and initially everything was running smoothly. I just recently entered the Lapis Ward for the first time, and shortly after that the game crashed (first and only time). My Mac is quite old, so I thought it was just an issue with that, and didn't think too much about it. 

But when I started playing again, there is now a lag of 1-2 seconds whenever I talk with someone (each new text box, so longer "conversations" take forever), opening and closing the menu, saving, interact with an item, etc... Battles and walking around continue working smoothly though.

I have tried download the game again, and trying going back to a save file which was before the Lapis Ward, but all options still have this lag.

Is there any way of solving this?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if there is either a visual bug or maybe I am just extremely unlucky but I haven't been able to get any weather specific encounters. The entire game up until today was perfect skies, and even when there was a thunderstorm I could not find any thunderstorm related pokemon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, Pyromancer5240 said:

I am not sure if there is either a visual bug or maybe I am just extremely unlucky but I haven't been able to get any weather specific encounters. The entire game up until today was perfect skies, and even when there was a thunderstorm I could not find any thunderstorm related pokemon.

Yeah I have a similar issue on Mac but due to changing my clock to get a specific weather.now my weather is clear all the time.  Is there any chance of a fix or need to redownload reborn again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 11:09 AM, Pyromancer5240 said:

I am not sure if there is either a visual bug or maybe I am just extremely unlucky but I haven't been able to get any weather specific encounters. The entire game up until today was perfect skies, and even when there was a thunderstorm I could not find any thunderstorm related pokemon.

 

28 minutes ago, CraigB said:

Yeah I have a similar issue on Mac but due to changing my clock to get a specific weather.now my weather is clear all the time.  Is there any chance of a fix or need to redownload reborn again?

I can try resetting the weather for you

 

If you wanna send your save this isn't really a 18.3 bug

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 8:51 PM, andracass said:

i believe that can also be fixed by tossing it in the applications folder

This did not work for me, it also didn't work through google drive folder. what now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boarder said:

This did not work for me, it also didn't work through google drive folder. what now? 

are you running catalina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andracass said:

are you running catalina

yes i am i also have downloaded the Catalina vers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Boarder said:

yes i am i also have downloaded the Catalina vers. 

oh good that was my follow up question.

i'm not the most familiar with the quirks of catalina because i don't actually own a mac, but another user suggested it might manage to work off of a flash drive- perhaps that'll work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andracass said:

oh good that was my follow up question.

i'm not the most familiar with the quirks of catalina because i don't actually own a mac, but another user suggested it might manage to work off of a flash drive- perhaps that'll work?

Sadly i tried both flashdrive and google drive but it keeps giving the read-only bullshit 😞 fuck mac 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boarder said:

Sadly i tried both flashdrive and google drive but it keeps giving the read-only bullshit 😞 fuck mac 😞

sorry 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andracass said:

sorry 😕

Alright, thanks anyway guess I'll make a dual boot then 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, andracass said:

sorry 😕

Found a solution i don't know why it works though, here is how: 

right/cmnd click reborn click "show package contents" navigate to: MacOS in the contents section and open the MKXP-z file now it runs, i probably just forgot to download something that makes it run but hey this works so it's all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I tried installing a mod pack that I used to use on the Wine version (so it might just not be compatible now), but I found the equivalent folder with the same exact file names and everything, but when I load up the game with the mod pack in it it gets to the screen that says "Ep 18 Void kissed" and press enter to select your save file, but then says "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 105: Argument Error occurred. wrong number of arguments (3 for 0)". The game then closes itself. Any ideas? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 2:07 AM, Lord_Ludo said:

Hello! I tried installing a mod pack that I used to use on the Wine version (so it might just not be compatible now), but I found the equivalent folder with the same exact file names and everything, but when I load up the game with the mod pack in it it gets to the screen that says "Ep 18 Void kissed" and press enter to select your save file, but then says "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 105: Argument Error occurred. wrong number of arguments (3 for 0)". The game then closes itself. Any ideas? Thanks!

You should make sure your game and all your mods are up-to-date, first. Then, if you're using SWM, the Shared PC mod might not be compatible rn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Aeodyn said:

You should make sure your game and all your mods are up-to-date, first. Then, if you're using SWM, the Shared PC mod might not be compatible rn:

 

The SharedPC was the issue! Seems to work perfect now. Thank you for the suggestion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...