Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

The ultimate twist would be that Madame X is the champion, would make sense that they were doing nothing in this case...

 

Also as for Ame from Reborn, I hate the way that character was handled, we knew nothing about them and then 

  Reveal hidden contents

they just die. Like bruh, to me they are just the person who tells you about the gyms. Really feels like we needed more actual interaction with them and maybe to battle alongside them to see how strong they are (like what was done for the water gym leader). Anyway, #notmychampion

 


Just wanted to say I completely agree with you about Ame's character.

Spoiler

I think the only reason she was involved and taken out of commission was purely to show off Lin's character as someone ruthless and powerful. But I mean....we kinda got the point during the whole chapter of what kind of person Lin is. I understand that Ame herself mentioned something along the lines of not really wanting to involve her own character too much in the story. That's fine and all, but then maybe give small bits of who she is as a person via the advice machine she uses to give you for each gym leader. It's not like we need a whole backstory for her death to be earned.
Or create a new character to represent the champion and give that character some presence/personality that we can get attatched to. I guess it all comes down to the whole argument of "well, why don't the champion do something?" but I mean.... just cuz the champion is the most powerful pokemon trainer out there, doesn't mean they can fix everything? Especially not in a story like Reborn where the antagonist has multiple bases hidden from sight.

Honestly I couldn't get attached to Ame anyways as a character since she seems pretty shady or two-faced. Idk, but she's always given me a bad feeling.



Anyways, back to Rejuvenation. No idea who the champion is. Alexandra to me feels like an easy mislead or something. Idk, I feel like the story has so many twist and turns that I cannot trust anything or anyone, hah...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Team-Anti Assist.

Hello Rejuvenators. I am making this thread for those who want to put down their own theories on what is going to happen in V13, characters, and etc.  I also made this thread just to have the act

Dunno if anybody is interested, but I feel like speculating a bit about the Player Character cuz they're one of the more interesting characters to me in this game So reading the various theories pe

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Sienna said:


Just wanted to say I completely agree with you about Ame's character.

  Reveal hidden contents

I think the only reason she was involved and taken out of commission was purely to show off Lin's character as someone ruthless and powerful. But I mean....we kinda got the point during the whole chapter of what kind of person Lin is. I understand that Ame herself mentioned something along the lines of not really wanting to involve her own character too much in the story. That's fine and all, but then maybe give small bits of who she is as a person via the advice machine she uses to give you for each gym leader. It's not like we need a whole backstory for her death to be earned.
Or create a new character to represent the champion and give that character some presence/personality that we can get attatched to. I guess it all comes down to the whole argument of "well, why don't the champion do something?" but I mean.... just cuz the champion is the most powerful pokemon trainer out there, doesn't mean they can fix everything? Especially not in a story like Reborn where the antagonist has multiple bases hidden from sight.

Honestly I couldn't get attached to Ame anyways as a character since she seems pretty shady or two-faced. Idk, but she's always given me a bad feeling.



Anyways, back to Rejuvenation. No idea who the champion is. Alexandra to me feels like an easy mislead or something. Idk, I feel like the story has so many twist and turns that I cannot trust anything or anyone, hah...

Yeah those are basically my thoughts exactly. 

 

As for Rejuvination, Alexandra seems like an interesting idea for the champion, their ancestor is a legendary figure after all, but right now we really have nothing to go off of. To be honest, the fact that nobody seems to know the identity of the champion is pretty weird. Like they are pretty much a celebrity how does NOBODY know who they are? Seems like anyone could just pretend to be the champion in that case, since nobody could verify if they were lying...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A common theory is that Cosmia and Comet are the new Fairy and Dark leaders and its a double battle which makes sense since when the PT arrived back in the region the league has been in shambles due to Robot Amanda taking the real ones place and making all the calls for someone or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 6:21 AM, pizzagod13 said:

One thought I had is about who the fairy gym leader is. A random NPC in GDC says that he has 15 badges but that 3 of the gym leaders seemingly do not exist, one of which is the fairy leader. 

 

Now there is one NPC we know of who uses only fairy Pokemon, and that is Nancy, the players mother. She is dead which would explain why this guy cannot find her, and she uses fairies. Proof of her fairy monotype status can be seen from the fact that we know she has a Sylveon and Mawile on her team, additionally, they fight against the fake ghost Nancy only uses fairy types. Presumably it is using what the MC knows against them and is mimicking her team. Hence, to me it seems like Nancy was meant to be the Fairy type leader but did not make it to wherever she was meant to be the leader of...

 

Of course, the ghost team could just be all fake and since we only ever see her fight with a Sylveon I guess it is impossible to tell for now... Just thought this was interesting enough to share

 

This is a well conceived theory. Nancy does have the profile of a Fairy-type gym leader including the fact that she's not human as many characters in fairytales are not. She can somewhat be equated to Pinocchio having been a living doll/puppet/golem of sorts. 

 

It could be the reason we were headed to the Aevium region on the S.S Oceana. Perhaps it was her attempt to hide from Team Xen and/or establish herself as an individual as Jenner wanted for Melia and what the battle with Lingering Regret Nancy represented despite that she wasn't real, that we were supposed to have battled her as a league challenger. 

 

It's quite convenient that Crescent who is eliminating gym leaders from the PC's access was on the S.S Oceana and working with Nancy. Could she have made Nancy give herself over to Team Xen as her first gym leader elimination in exchange for protecting the PC?

Nancy mentions something to Crescent about experiencing fear for the first time despite knowing that she wasn't supposed to which Crescent chastised her for as though both parties knew the Team Xen attack was coming.

 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, pizzagod13 said:

The ultimate twist would be that Madame X is the champion, would make sense that they were doing nothing in this case...

 

 

I disagree, the ultimate twist would be---

 

Adrest who is someone connected to the PC, possibly a past life was the champion or the PC themselves is the champion and doesn't remember! 

 

Robo-Amanda revealed that contrary to what it seems this was in fact NOT the PC's first time in the Aevium region and it's established that the PC has repressed memories. This could be in reference to either the PC's possible past life as Adrest or amnesia which we learn that a certain deranged doctor can create.

 

A dead or amnesiac champion would most certainly be or appear to be an inactive one. 

 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, pizzagod13 said:

Also as for Ame from Reborn, I hate the way that character was handled, we knew nothing about them and then 

  Reveal hidden contents

they just die. Like bruh, to me they are just the person who tells you about the gyms. Really feels like we needed more actual interaction with them and maybe to battle alongside them to see how strong they are (like what was done for the water gym leader). Anyway, #notmychampion

 

 

To give a quick two cents on this subject though it is off-topic, while it's true that Ame's character is undeveloped, most of the champion characters are. 

 

Spoiler

Her death was clearly intended as a device to demonstrate Lin's Hunger Games-style brutality and create that dramatic pressure for the PC to fill the empty champion role in the league rather than as a sympathetic tragedy which there is nothing wrong with.

 

No one person meets half the earth's human population in their entire lifetime let alone learns about each individual, people who are complete strangers to us die every day. If every individual person on the planet was devastated by every single death life would never progress and be quite miserable. 

 

 

I don't feel anything is wrong with Ame's character's minimal role as the champion and league coordinator. Jan's is much the same. It's a role that doesn't require development to serve it's purpose.

 

Though I would like to know how Jan doesn't seem to notice that his sister was replaced by a robot. Is he perhaps in on the whole scheme? He did let the Xen grunt go from the holding cell in the Forest Restoration Help Quest. That would be a pretty brilliant twist. 

 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, Adam. said:

A common theory is that Cosmia and Comet are the new Fairy and Dark leaders and its a double battle which makes sense since when the PT arrived back in the region the league has been in shambles due to Robot Amanda taking the real ones place and making all the calls for someone or something. 

 

Why would gym leaders go around impersonating other people including the PC and Nancy?
I really want to know what the deal is with those two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Why would gym leaders go around impersonating other people including the PC and Nancy?
I really want to know what the deal is with those two.

Well since they were the ones sending the letters that led people to the spot where they got stoned, it seems they are working for Crescent. 

 

Why would they choose to impersonate the PC and Nancy? Well that seems pretty unclear. It could be that the PC is famous as the "Team Xen destroyer" as Risa refers to them as, hence, the PC and their mother were likely popular and convenient people to pretend to be. After all, they are famous, so people would likely accept invitations from them...

 

 The only flaw in this theory is that nobody seems to recognize the PC except for major characters and if they were famous this would not be the case.

 

As for the champion theory, that certainly seems possible, but, the fact that they have been to the region before could be meant for something else entirely. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cosmia and Comet are probably working for Cresecent/Mademe X. I highly doubt as of NOW that they are working by themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Well since they were the ones sending the letters that led people to the spot where they got stoned, it seems they are working for Crescent. 

This is my belief as well, what little behavior of theirs we are aware of matches with Crescent's which is the reason along with their mysterious impersonation routine that I am disputing the theory that they are gym leaders. 

 

The only thing that doesn't add up is that C&C also impersonated Aelita and Venom in the tournament or so is suggested when Risa tells Aelita that she saw them there when it's indisputable that neither were anywhere near it. Aelita was at the Spring of Preservation and Venom was in the hospital incased in stone (and according to Risa the Venom at the tournament was NOT acting herself).

I don't see a reason Crescent would require that Aelita and Venom appear to have competed. Venom might not have been an intended victim of stoning but it was made very public the same as Talon and Aelita wasn't a stoning victim at all nor an intended target. 

 

Considering this game already has one false and one corrupt gym leader (Angie and Flora) it's not outside the realm of possibility but if C&C are working for Crescent, even acting as false gym leaders would be going against her plan since she suggestively doesn't want gym leaders available for the PC to defeat. 

 

Our group's less than legal entry into the tournament feels more like a S&T move especially since an unofficial gym battle was conveniently inserted into it which has me wondering suddenly if perhaps C&C are working both sides.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it even confirmed that CC even impersonated them? For all we know it could be the RHL doing it as she has the power to change memoires and have illuisons. Also Crescent has been MIA for a while so it could be Cosmia calling the shots 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have changed my opinion. I now am very firmly sold on the idea that the red-haired mysterious figure is in fact Saki Blakeory. Her personality is just too snarky and similar to Saki's, but with more class. The whole incident with the "whale" and the sharpedo as Saki relays it seems very awkward and time-loopy. Too suspicious.

  • Hmm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a theory on what the puppet master's role will be in V13 ? I'm really curious since V13's title is "Puppet Master's House of Fantastic Fun", this should imply that he/she/they'll be quite the important character this version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shiruu34 said:

Does anyone have a theory on what the puppet master's role will be in V13 ? I'm really curious since V13's title is "Puppet Master's House of Fantastic Fun", this should imply that he/she/they'll be quite the important character this version.

I think the "house" is going to be the building where the protagonist has flashbacks north of Hioshi city.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you people think would be the "secret of amethyst grotto" that Aleita talks about during the Eclysia pyramid arc?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As of the current moment what do you people believe will be Team Xen's motivations? Currently it seems that they're opposing Indriad, but then I don't know why Geara would join them. From Madelis's conversation with Neved, it appears to be implied that they have vastly different reasons for joining the organization. Also, how much do the admins know of Madame X's objective? I would imagine she's keeping many things hidden from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly? No idea at all. This is what probably bothers me the most about this story. There's no answers given to anything asked. It feels like the reason we until now haven't got the slightest clue what Team Xen wants is purely for it to be revealed later in a dramatic shocking way. This isn't a good way of writing an antagonist. We have no reason to really fight them except for plot reasons (and Melia). 

I'm honestly begging that the one thing V13 has is just answers...even just one answer. I'm tired of being left in the dark.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sienna said:

Honestly? No idea at all. This is what probably bothers me the most about this story. There's no answers given to anything asked. It feels like the reason we until now haven't got the slightest clue what Team Xen wants is purely for it to be revealed later in a dramatic shocking way. This isn't a good way of writing an antagonist. We have no reason to really fight them except for plot reasons (and Melia). 

I'm honestly begging that the one thing V13 has is just answers...even just one answer. I'm tired of being left in the dark.

I believe Jan said V13 will have a lot of answers and will tie up some loose ends so that's good

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dausk said:

As of the current moment what do you people believe will be Team Xen's motivations? Currently it seems that they're opposing Indriad, but then I don't know why Geara would join them. From Madelis's conversation with Neved, it appears to be implied that they have vastly different reasons for joining the organization. Also, how much do the admins know of Madame X's objective? I would imagine she's keeping many things hidden from them.

 

2 hours ago, Sienna said:

Honestly? No idea at all. This is what probably bothers me the most about this story. There's no answers given to anything asked. It feels like the reason we until now haven't got the slightest clue what Team Xen wants is purely for it to be revealed later in a dramatic shocking way. This isn't a good way of writing an antagonist. We have no reason to really fight them except for plot reasons (and Melia). 

I'm honestly begging that the one thing V13 has is just answers...even just one answer. I'm tired of being left in the dark.

To me their motivation seem to be about adverting the catastrophe that is coming. 

 

"Evidence"

-Madame X has a philosophy that you should sacrifice one person to save millions. Such a Philosophy makes no sense from an evil villain that wants to take over the world or what not, so it would make more sense for her to have a good goal like saving the world, at any cost, which is why they need Melia's power. Sure they kill people to get to this goal, but if doing so would save more people then why would they not do so?

-Madame X helps stop the city in the past from getting blown up when the MC goes the wrong way when looking for the bomb.

-Madame X attempts to stop the timeline from changing when you "save" Vivian (or so she claims) but fails to do so. They then work with you to set the timeline right again. If they wanted to destroy the world then Madame X would have won right here, but instead they try to save it.

 

Hence, I would tend to agree that Madame X/Team Xen is indeed trying to do good, they are just using evil means to do so, but the signs point to them having a good goal.

 

Alternatively, they could just be a stereotypical evil group that wants to take over the world (but not destroy it since they would've accomplish that when you saved Vivian) and they think that having Melia's light would let them accomplish that. Naturally if Melia dies or the apocalypses happens they would be unable to take over the world.

 

So it is still possible they could be evil, but the signs point to them having a good goal for their evil methods. Least, that is what it seems like to me.

 

Here is the interesting thing thought, the person who can decide fate is the MC, the interceptor. So at the end of the day it is likely that Team Xen will need the MC's help to accomplish their goal, since you know, you literally have the power to change fate...

 

Anyway, that is my guess about what their goal is. I imagine it is saving the world from some threat, no matter the cost.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

 

To me their motivation seem to be about adverting the catastrophe that is coming. 

 

"Evidence"

-Madame X has a philosophy that you should sacrifice one person to save millions. Such a Philosophy makes no sense from an evil villain that wants to take over the world or what not, so it would make more sense for her to have a good goal like saving the world, at any cost, which is why they need Melia's power. Sure they kill people to get to this goal, but if doing so would save more people then why would they not do so?

-Madame X helps stop the city in the past from getting blown up when the MC goes the wrong way when looking for the bomb.

-Madame X attempts to stop the timeline from changing when you "save" Vivian (or so she claims) but fails to do so. They then work with you to set the timeline right again. If they wanted to destroy the world then Madame X would have won right here, but instead they try to save it.

 

Hence, I would tend to agree that Madame X/Team Xen is indeed trying to do good, they are just using evil means to do so, but the signs point to them having a good goal.

 

Alternatively, they could just be a stereotypical evil group that wants to take over the world (but not destroy it since they would've accomplish that when you saved Vivian) and they think that having Melia's light would let them accomplish that. Naturally if Melia dies or the apocalypses happens they would be unable to take over the world.

 

So it is still possible they could be evil, but the signs point to them having a good goal for their evil methods. Least, that is what it seems like to me.

 

Here is the interesting thing thought, the person who can decide fate is the MC, the interceptor. So at the end of the day it is likely that Team Xen will need the MC's help to accomplish their goal, since you know, you literally have the power to change fate...

 

Anyway, that is my guess about what their goal is. I imagine it is saving the world from some threat, no matter the cost.


Giving you a like for that. I like your ideas!

I'm not sure until now what to think. It's been a while too since I played the game so a lot could be forgotton since playing it. It is true, however, that Madame X has done good despite being the main (?) antagonist. I always felt like it was out of necessaity, tho? I thought I remembered her saying in the doomed timeline that she's only working with us to fix our mistakes. I mean, she's stuck there too so it's not like there's any other options for her.

But it sounds likely that destroying the world isn't on their agenda. But I just can't convince myself that they're completely good either. I mean Madame X literally tried to stab the PC. It feels like such a random action for her and this is way before she "appearently" learns about us being the Interceptor. So I am curious why she wanted the PC dead that time specifically...

But again, thanks for reminding me of some stuff. I'm very forgetful, haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

To me their motivation seem to be about adverting the catastrophe that is coming. 

These were my thoughts too, I'd imagine that if they were gonna be a stereotypically evil team (this is a reborn-esque game so no) they would have mentioned it much earlier in the story. It seems that Madame X, with all her shenanigans, is attempting to guide the MC to take a specific path and choices. If she weren't I'd see no reason for why she took the notebook in Kugearen City before the MC finished reading it (might have affected the timeline in an unfavorable way), and it likely belongs to her, as the place looks similar to a Team Xen base and she seems to be the only Xen member to actively time travel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sienna said:


Giving you a like for that. I like your ideas!

I'm not sure until now what to think. It's been a while too since I played the game so a lot could be forgotton since playing it. It is true, however, that Madame X has done good despite being the main (?) antagonist. I always felt like it was out of necessaity, tho? I thought I remembered her saying in the doomed timeline that she's only working with us to fix our mistakes. I mean, she's stuck there too so it's not like there's any other options for her.

But it sounds likely that destroying the world isn't on their agenda. But I just can't convince myself that they're completely good either. I mean Madame X literally tried to stab the PC. It feels like such a random action for her and this is way before she "appearently" learns about us being the Interceptor. So I am curious why she wanted the PC dead that time specifically...

But again, thanks for reminding me of some stuff. I'm very forgetful, haha

I think Madame X tried to kill the PC cause they were getting in her way. Simple as that. I am of the theory that they believe their actions are for the greater good and the PC is disrupting those actions. By killing the PC they would be adverting any damage the PC could do, I.E. Sacrificing one life to save many.

 

That is just a guess thought. Also, it would be pointless to stab the interceptor. They can get blown to nothingness and come back. Stabbing them would likely not be very effective... At this point in the story they have basically zero reason (to try) to kill the PC since she knows full well they are effectively immortal.

 

I feel like the story is gonna take a turn soon, with us learning more about what Team Xen really wants, more Team Xen team ups maybe?

3 hours ago, Dausk said:

These were my thoughts too, I'd imagine that if they were gonna be a stereotypically evil team (this is a reborn-esque game so no) they would have mentioned it much earlier in the story. It seems that Madame X, with all her shenanigans, is attempting to guide the MC to take a specific path and choices. If she weren't I'd see no reason for why she took the notebook in Kugearen City before the MC finished reading it (might have affected the timeline in an unfavorable way), and it likely belongs to her, as the place looks similar to a Team Xen base and she seems to be the only Xen member to actively time travel.

What was in the book in the one city again? The only thing I remember is that it is in the same house that the rift book is in. I think maybe the book had something to do with the name of the chosen one or something but I don't really remember...

 

Edit: Also, the idea of Madame X guiding the MC is interested, but it brings up more questions. Like when is the version of Madame X you see in the city then? If they took away the book to guide you, it would logically be after they became certain you were the interceptor. This would change the timeline of events quite a bit, since Madame X would have already gone through the ruined present before she took the book from you, One other method of guiding you could be the visions the one stranger gave you, its possible they did it on Madame X's orders. Well it is something interesting to think about I suppose.

 

Edit: Also it would not be the first character to do something like that. Crescent seems to be doing the same. But well, they are supposedly dead, so maybe they wont be doing that anymore... but they are a time traveler, so even if they are dead, I doubt that is the last we will see of her.

 

Also, It could be a Team Xen base, but having a book that details how to save rift Pokémon in there seems like a bad idea. Feels like they would destroy that...

 

Lastly, I would just like to wonder what the ending conditions are gonna be like? It is gonna be really annoying if a "good ending" requires a bunch of very specific choices. Although, I feel like I made no real bad choices the entire game, so maybe I will be fine... But still conditions like that are really obnoxious, especially considering how long this game is.

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

What was in the book in the one city again? The only thing I remember is that it is in the same house that the rift book is in. I think maybe the book had something to do with the name of the chosen one or something but I don't really remember...

It read as follows: "Day X, Year X, Month X... No matter how many times I try... I find myself in this loop of failure. But I must not fail. If I fail this means the end of humanity as we know it. That wretched old fool has created the catalyst to end the world as we know it. I've seen it. I've seen the horror this world will be known to. I shall stop this at any cost. Even if it costs the lives of myself and my friends. The one who will save us all. I have seen them as well. Their name was-".

14 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Also, the idea of Madame X guiding the MC is interested, but it brings up more questions. Like when is the version of Madame X you see in the city then? If they took away the book to guide you, it would logically be after they became certain you were the interceptor.

I was thinking that perhaps knowing the name written on the notebook either caused the interceptor to make certain choices, or their peers once they had been informed about it, that foiled Team Xen's plans. Something like this would incentivize Madame X to travel back in time to fix the anomaly. I don't know, perhaps Madame X and Crescent are trying to out-time travel each other? Like, why wouldn't Madame X just kidnap a younger Melia and use her instead?

14 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Also, It could be a Team Xen base, but having a book that details how to save rift Pokémon in there seems like a bad idea. Feels like they would destroy that...

The rift pokemon book would have to come from the future, right? It was stated that only Zetta could create dimensional rifts (at least among Team Xen). The individual writing the book also seemed to have much experience with both Shadow and Rift pokemon, there are not many individuals who would have such ample experience with both of these and the complex procedures in the book. That said, the key to enter the building was besides where Indriad's gardevoir stood, so it could be Indriad's base as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

I feel like the story is gonna take a turn soon, with us learning more about what Team Xen really wants, more Team Xen team ups maybe?

I hope this is the case. Concidering that appearently V13 is gonna be a longer version, I hope that it might contain more answers. Mysteries are only intriguing for so long.  It is fun to speculate a lot tho, I must say.
 

 

6 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Lastly, I would just like to wonder what the ending conditions are gonna be like? It is gonna be really annoying if a "good ending" requires a bunch of very specific choices. Although, I feel like I made no real bad choices the entire game, so maybe I will be fine... But still conditions like that are really obnoxious, especially considering how long this game is.


I am worried about this too. I've seen people speculate about certain choices being linked to certain endings. And I don't mind that too much at all. What I do mind is that people are talking about karma points and how it's linked to sidequests. I haven't really done any of the sidequests, to be honest. I'm worried something like that might affect the ending because it's never specified to be important in-game (at least not from what I remember) 

 

9 hours ago, Dausk said:

These were my thoughts too, I'd imagine that if they were gonna be a stereotypically evil team (this is a reborn-esque game so no) they would have mentioned it much earlier in the story. It seems that Madame X, with all her shenanigans, is attempting to guide the MC to take a specific path and choices. If she weren't I'd see no reason for why she took the notebook in Kugearen City before the MC finished reading it (might have affected the timeline in an unfavorable way), and it likely belongs to her, as the place looks similar to a Team Xen base and she seems to be the only Xen member to actively time travel.


This brings up an interesting idea. I've always believed that Crecents role within the story is to guide the PC away from the role of interceptor. Telling them to not be involved with Melia & co, telling them that they should be living a happy, normal life and manipulating Nim/Lorna to turn certain people in GDC to stone to (probably) stop the PC's progression.
So if that is true, then it makes more sense why Crecent was put out of commission by this redhaired girl. We've seen her and Kieran cooperating with Madame X. And if her motivation is to save the world from a future catastrophe, then they wouldn't want someone like Crecent ruining it. The interceptor needs to progress, needs to be involved so they can make their judgement and in return: save or doom the world.
So your idea of Madame X guiding the PC then makes sense. She wants them to fill the role of interceptor cuz they're the only one who can do something about whatever catasrophe awaits. And it could be that after Madame X learned that the PC is the interceptor, went through different times in the past/present/future to make sure we'd make the good choices: telling the redhaired girl to get rid of Crecent, stopping you from reading that book, etc.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 11:43 PM, Dausk said:

It read as follows: "Day X, Year X, Month X... No matter how many times I try... I find myself in this loop of failure. But I must not fail. If I fail this means the end of humanity as we know it. That wretched old fool has created the catalyst to end the world as we know it. I've seen it. I've seen the horror this world will be known to. I shall stop this at any cost. Even if it costs the lives of myself and my friends. The one who will save us all. I have seen them as well. Their name was-".

I was thinking that perhaps knowing the name written on the notebook either caused the interceptor to make certain choices, or their peers once they had been informed about it, that foiled Team Xen's plans. Something like this would incentivize Madame X to travel back in time to fix the anomaly. I don't know, perhaps Madame X and Crescent are trying to out-time travel each other? Like, why wouldn't Madame X just kidnap a younger Melia and use her instead?

Okay that was about what I expected from the book. It is pretty clear it is written by someone who from the future that wants to stop the world from being destroyed. But here is the thing, the first calamity had not happened yet. Meaning the author could have been referring to that calamity and not the one that is coming in the present. I do feel they are talking about the second calamity thought, but they very well could be referring to the first.

 

As for the savior, well there is only two characters it could be. When I first read the book, I thought it was Melia, but that wouldn't make sense, as we now know she is only 1/4 of the light. Hence, the only real possibility in my mind is MC or Madame X. And if we assume that Madame X wrote it, then that would mean it would refer to the MC. Either way it makes sense why Madame X would not want them to see such a thing. Since if it says Madame X, then it would probably be her real name, not her Alias and if it says MC's name, then it would change the timeline, maybe for the worse.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:21 AM, Sienna said:


I am worried about this too. I've seen people speculate about certain choices being linked to certain endings. And I don't mind that too much at all. What I do mind is that people are talking about karma points and how it's linked to sidequests. I haven't really done any of the sidequests, to be honest. I'm worried something like that might affect the ending because it's never specified to be important in-game (at least not from what I remember) 

 

A lot of the sidequests are tons of fun. Would definitely suggest doing them. The help center ones are hit and miss but some of them are great. My favorite part of the game is in fact a sidequest, the Goomink one. So don't sleep on side quests they are great!

 

My main concern was more related to story decisions, like you need to make the right to decision every single time or you can't get the best ending. Something like that would be very annoying. If it is just, make mostly good choices and a few specific choices then that is more fine in my book. On the topic of sidequests effecting the ending, I would say maybe? Some of the good be important like the Goomink one, the one with the white haired rival lady and the Karen sidequests, but I can't really think of any others of the top of my head that seem that important, maybe the Lost Camp quest? Essentially, in these quests you meet people that could be your allies later and maybe you will need their help at some point, the Goomink quest also has one other detail that could become important to the story which is 

 

Spoiler

the fact that the ghost lady you meet at the ends knows your the interceptor and it is mentioned that, I think it was the light stone is hidden beneath the castle. Which if you never played Black/White, the Light Stone summons Reshiram, which was hidden there so Madame X would not find it. It should be pretty clear that knowing this could be important later.

So yeah, side quests could be important but I feel like the important ones are pretty few and far between. 

 

Edit: I should say that I feel that some major decisions should impact the ending. But, they would need to make it clear just how important they are. Just giving the player a choice that seemingly doesn't matter much then being like, "LOL you picked to save the cop and not Maria? BAD ENDING" would be super annoying. But as the game stands I can't really think of much that would impact the ending too much, Magma Stone and Rift book maybe? Since you only have them on some paths and not others, but I am not really sure. 

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I would like to put out a theory about who Madame X is. What if Madame X is Crescent? Seems ridiculous, but have you ever seen the two of them in the same room before? Also, both of them are time travelers. 

 

Crescent could have seen where the future leads and became Madame X, joining her old enemies. The moment she joined them could also have been when the red haired lady beat her up/brainwashed her. It is a pretty common troupe for someone who becomes evil to say that their old self was killed, an example of this being Star Wars for example, when Obi-Wan says that Luke's Father was killed, when in actuality he just turned evil. Just food for thought I suppose.

 

Edit: This theory is kind of dumb. The main reason being that if Crescent knows you are the interceptor, then Madame X should have from the start also. So it makes little sense that Madame X tries to kill the MC if they already knew they were the interceptor, which if they were Crescent then they certainly should have... So yeah that theory is a bit flawed...

 

Edit: Here is something else to think on. The fact that it seems like Team Xen is trying to stop the world's destruction would imply that they are "the good guys". Crescent is fighting against them and seems to know much about them, in fact, they also seem to know the MC is the interceptor. The importance of this knowledge is that despite knowing this, she tries to turn the MC away from the path of the interceptor. Why would she do that if she wanted to save the world? Hence, if Crescent is knowingly fighting against them when they may be the "good guys" and knowingly trying to stop the interceptor from growing (stoning gym leaders would do that), then would that not make her the bad guy?...

 

We also know that there is a group that has been watching the MC for a long time (the group fake/maybe real Amanda is part of) which Crescent might also be a part of as she is also watching the MC. So is this group the real bad guys? Are they maybe in league with Irdread, as it seems they are the person that wants to destroy the world. Hopefully we will get some answers in the next version lol.

 

 

Edited by pizzagod13
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, pizzagod13 said:

Edit: Here is something else to think on. The fact that it seems like Team Xen is trying to stop the world's destruction would imply that they are "the good guys". Crescent is fighting against them and seems to know much about them, in fact, they also seem to know the MC is the interceptor. The importance of this knowledge is that despite knowing this, she tries to turn the MC away from the path of the interceptor. Why would she do that if she wanted to save the world? Hence, if Crescent is knowingly fighting against them when they may be the "good guys" and knowingly trying to stop the interceptor from growing (stoning gym leaders would do that), then would that not make her the bad guy?...

 

We also know that there is a group that has been watching the MC for a long time (the group fake/maybe real Amanda is part of) which Crescent might also be a part of as she is also watching the MC. So is this group the real bad guys? Are they maybe in league with Irdread, as it seems they are the person that wants to destroy the world. Hopefully we will get some answers in the next version lol.

 

I feel like it's not black or white. For instance, Bladestar and Team Xen are both evil in absolute terms, but they're opposed. I'm not sure if Jan's stated something on it, but there's no reason why Team Xen wouldn't wants something nefarious and the world not being destroyed (sorry for the too many negations). Say that they want to rule the world (cliché, I know!) -- that implies a world to live in. 

 

Crescent is obviously extremely shifty, but even if Team Xen fights to protect the world (among others), her opposing Team Xen may not make her a bad guy, any more than we are. Her attempts for us to not get involved might be justified thusly: the MC is a judge who can lean both ways. Melia would bring them TroubleTM, which would make the MC bitter, thus increasing the odds that they decide to destroy the world. Instead, the odds that this happened would be much slimmer if the MC "smiled". 

 

Even the group that has been watching the MC (good thought that Crescent might somehow be with them) apparently wants "control", which also implies that the world be not destroyed. 

 

Or perhaps they're actually the destroyers for some unexplained reason, since "Celine's plan" was about avoiding that "everything stop", according to Karen's diary. Since Robot!Amanda said they wanted to reverse it, the implications are worrying...

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...