The house that was in the flashback and the one the MC ended up at is the house from the prologue.  And you can go to the exact same house if you go south from Sashila.

1 minute ago, enderowl said:

The house that was in the flashback and the one the MC ended up at is the house from the prologue.  And you can go to the exact same house if you go south from Sashila.

I know. Which is weird in several ways.

1) If the house is real, the scene from the prologue happened in real life (not just in Maria's head, as a lot of us had assumed). So were there two Marias? Two Vituses? Two Anatheas?

2) MC themself started having flashbacks to what the house looked like before--what was their connection to the family?

3) The house was where MC went when they died. Crescent said that she frequently revisited that place. Why?

4) The house was where Adam and Ryland parted ways. Had they been living there? What's the significance of that?

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1

I will say again that the house at the prologue bears more significance than anywhere else for some reason. (Anywhere else means any of the places Maria was sacrificed, in this instance).

It is possible, now that I think about it, that maybe this is where Maria managed to break free and escape, becoming Melia somehow. Perhaps Madame X rescues her here and then gives her up to Professor Jenner not long afterword! (Just thought of that).

Then we have the bizarre scene that follows, where Maria is sacrificed at the end of the prologue in a dungeon/castle like place. It may be Jan pulled a weird one on us and ends up breaking continuity (perhaps at the time he did the prologue, it wasn't meant to be that way, don't know. How long ago was the prologue implemented? Anyone know of changes/retconns?), so the first scene at the house is actually the LAST time Vitus tries something, and the second stage is actually the very first time he attempts this, likely at Blacksteeple.

Anathea's books at Blacksteeple are another BIG puzzler.

My thought is still that after her true death and bodily sacrifice, Indriad ends up creating a Kanon-like doll in the likeness of Anathea to keep a facade up for Maria, though that didn't happen at Chrysalis, so I still don't know...

Ooh, another thing that just popped into my head: The journal entries underneath the Shridan Wetlands base state that Yveltal is "his" way back if all else fails. But Yveltal is carrying a Soul Stone so I've heard. Which may mean Indriad has died or has means of ensuring that, should he die, he can be resurrected via Yveltal and the stone.

• Hmm 1

The prologue is still the same (except the house now has gray tiles, which I hate).

Another thought: Reina probably isn't a major enough character to be "betrayal" in the prophecy (Amanda's a way likelier candidate for that). But it's clear she'll betray us at some point, since the oracle said either she or Ren would. Reina's frequently talking about Kieran's "choco-voice", so is she going to fall in love with him? That seems to be what Jan's building up for, but I'm praying that it doesn't happen like that. Reina's one of my favorite characters, and I'll be really annoyed if she betrays us just because one of our sworn enemies is hot.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2020 at 11:36 PM, Between Life and Death said:

Reina's one of my favorite characters, and I'll be really annoyed if she betrays us just because one of our sworn enemies is hot.

But now you make it sound so much like her that I can't unsee it. I was hoping she'd end up in a love triangle with Huey and Lavender. That would fit her better than falling to the choco-voice. (It's so funny how I pegged him as having a chocolate smooth, deep voice the minute he showed up. With a surfer accent of course. It... frightens me... how similar Reina's mind worked compared to mine. In that instance.)

I confess that I don't like Reina that much on the character scale. Though I appreciate her place greatly. It works because she meshes well with the GDC characters. And I don't recall her even existing in my initial run of the game. (over two years back). She was a mostly refreshing surprise.

Right now, Erin seems like the most likely to betray, given the bombshells she could easily receive. She has a phobia of being trapped, one that is really more of a psychosis. And she was suffering from identity crisis. She's been through horrific and tremendous psychological abuse, all the way up until that hug in the Athenium. She's a good girl at heart, and she's one of the best characters in the game, and really makes Melia and Aelita stand out more as characters. She's all but essential.

However, psychological abuses like what she's suffered are permanent like cracks in a mirror. It would not be hard to see her crumble or shatter if struck hard enough. I'm very sure she fell down in Darchlight and, instead of calmly taking a nap, actually went into a fit of hysteria and passed out until Flora's unpleasant voice alerted her to our presence. She even started ranting about NEVER being trapped again. That was what did it. It threw her for a loop to be down there. And she WAS trapped, even if she hadn't explored yet to find that out.

Imagine if she learns she must fuse with her siblings to become one being? If that gets couched to her in such a way that it comes across as "in a place forever with now way out and no freedom", literally "trapped", she is going to refuse. It takes only so much nudging for someone who has been betrayed thrice (Souta, Indriad and technically Flora, who she probably wasn't expecting to actually blow her up along with a building. She admits she was expecting it from Melia later, too...) to at return the favor, especially out of self-preservation and terror. I wouldn't blame her. Who wants to be left in the Inner workings with two siblings she probably doesn't care for, and

MELANIE?

Arceus help her!

There could be other factors involved too.

• Hmm 1

4 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

But now you make it sound so much like her that I can't unsee it. I was hoping she'd end up in a love triangle with Huey and Lavender. That would fit her better than falling to the choco-voice.

See, I'd be fine with the love triangle scenario. It'd be par the course for this anime-style game (not a bad thing at all). And I mean, I could see her being pissed at Huey for how much she did for him (like disguising him as Kanon), only for him to go with Lavender. Her falling for Kieran would be straight-up pathetic, on the other hand. But I'm worried that'll happen, since every time Kieran is brought up Reina gushes over his choco-voice.

I confess that I don't like Reina that much on the character scale. Though I appreciate her place greatly. It works because she meshes well with the GDC characters. And I don't recall her even existing in my initial run of the game. (over two years back). She was a mostly refreshing surprise.

See, I like her because she's so NORMAL. She's not a garufan demon or a piece of the archetype or a designated protector of Aevium. She's not really "in" on any of the stuff that's happening, but she just wants to help. She's also a pleasant relief from the edginess of most of the characters. And she seems like the type of person I'd be friends with in real life.

Right now, Erin seems like the most likely to betray, given the bombshells she could easily receive. She has a phobia of being trapped, one that is really more of a psychosis. And she was suffering from identity crisis. She's been through horrific and tremendous psychological abuse, all the way up until that hug in the Athenium. She's a good girl at heart, and she's one of the best characters in the game, and really makes Melia and Aelita stand out more as characters. She's all but essential.

I could see Erin betraying, yes. I think Reina's betrayal is inevitable (due to the oracle saying either she or Ren would), but she's not a major enough character to be the betrayal in the prophecy. That could be Erin, for the reasons you laid out. It could also be Melia after her body gets taken over by Melanie (would that really count as betrayal though?). Or it could just be Amanda.

About Melanie...it seems inevitable that she either takes over Melia's body or escapes through a dimensional rift. Maybe Melia's soul is the one that splits for that reason. In any case, Melanie's set to be one of the final villains; she could either be greed or pure evil.

I think melanie will be pure evil .

My reasons are 1 she clearly enjoys the torment she inflcts on others

2 yes she was a princess of sorts but power was not her goal she just wanted to inflict pain on others

3 Melanie seems to be trying to take control over melia or at least influence her decisions

Another thing I just thought of. What if the Madame X we've known so far was a brainwashed Hazuki? And then Freya and Isha let her go, and brainwashed Saki to replace her? In that case, Cassandra may be the mastermind behind all this.

Hmm... maybe. But I still feel like Madame X has a consistent personality. But of course that could get programmed in.

To be honest, the first thing that always struck me while playing, and doubly so after visiting Amethyst Cave... I feel like the woman behind the mask is a clone of Nancy. Nancy said she "wasn't made like the others". Probably the most unexplained comment yet. I'm fairly certain she is a cloned being, not just a maid or something. It would make sense given how the machine spoke in the Cave. Which may mean she's a puppet.

The thing that gets me about Madame X is her line of "My mother died to protect me". So, we can gain a lot of insight into who we ultimately narrow down for that. It all comes down to where Saki's mother is. Is she alive now, or not? If she is, then it is unlikely Saki is the Madame, but if she is or does... well...

The more I think about it, the more it feels like the Mysterious Duo are actually ultimately good. They don't seem to be operating with Team Xen's best interest at heart, or at least that's the feeling I get. Unless they want Aelita alive for some reason. Maybe they are Stormchasers and the StormChasers are actually working WITH Team Xen?

That... would actually suddenly make a LOT of sense, think about it...

It would take a lot for me to believe the mysterious duo are actually good. They seem pretty unambiguously evil to me, moreso even than Indriad (who seemed like a pretty good guy during his time with Anathea). Freya clearly enjoyed making Kenneth's life complete hell, and Kieran regularly mocks the protagonists in such an infuriating way. They're pretty much the only characters in Rejuvenation that I genuinely hate (even Madelis and Texen get some sympathy from me, now that they're on their redemption arcs).

But about Madame X, the one we met on Eclysia Pyramid seemed like a completely different character than the Madame X we knew throughout the storyline. I think it's very likely that she's Saki, at least when she meets us on Eclysia Pyramid. That would explain what happened to Saki, which the devs keep saying should be obvious to us by now. But who was the original Madame X, and what happened to her? This is why I think she might have been Hazuki, which is why she didn't appear in the storyline until right before Zone Zero. Then again, her appearance could have just been a Freya illusion.

The original madame X could have been a few people. First off madame X could have been hazuki. Personally I think Hazuki got too old to be madame X but she is always a possibility. Second Madame X could have been a personalized garufan doll similar to kanon. this to me makes sense because the doll could be used in place of a human until they found a person like saki to become the madame X. 3 Maria Madame X the first seemed to know quite a bit about the light before Melia even used her powers and the only pre melia light that wasn't in the unown dimension was maria.

Posted (edited)

When she went against Indriad. After your gym battle with her

Edited by Display name

13 hours ago, Display name said:

The original madame X could have been a few people. First off madame X could have been hazuki. Personally I think Hazuki got too old to be madame X but she is always a possibility. Second Madame X could have been a personalized garufan doll similar to kanon. this to me makes sense because the doll could be used in place of a human until they found a person like saki to become the madame X. 3 Maria Madame X the first seemed to know quite a bit about the light before Melia even used her powers and the only pre melia light that wasn't in the unown dimension was maria.

Maria being Madame X seems plausible, 'cause we know that Madame X lost her mother and the same goes for Maria...okay there are too many people in this game who lost their mother too, but still she takes my number 1 place in the Madame X's identity list. Maybe Madame X is like Angie a fusion between Maria and another person 🤨

Madame X actually specifies that her mother died to try to save her. This raises the question was it to save her life or was it to save her from her father and the only mothers who have died trying to protect their children are the players mom directly. In some way anathea could have tried to save maria indirectly so the theory stands

• Upvote 1

Who ARE Kieran and Freya? It seems unlikely that they're the final villains, given how late they entered the storyline and the fact that we've already fought each of them and won. But they seem to be the masterminds behind everything we've seen so far. They probably work directly under the final villain, but who is that? Cassandra? Vitus?

We have met spacea and tiempa but we have not met the distortion world sister if there is one. If there is a distortion world sibling than kieran and freya might be with them. If not than I think they might be agents of spacea or tiempa who are sort of pseudo antagonists

4 hours ago, Display name said:

We have met spacea and tiempa but we have not met the distortion world sister if there is one. If there is a distortion world sibling than kieran and freya might be with them. If not than I think they might be agents of spacea or tiempa who are sort of pseudo antagonists

The distortion world sister is Griselda. She turned into Giratina.

About Angie and Indriad: the last time we saw Vitus, he was with Geara trying to create a world without a God. But we saw Indriad fuse with Anju, which turned Angie into the religious monstrosity she is. So is Indriad literally inside Angie, or did he just curse her or something? Because as Sirius, he seems to have abandoned the cultlike ways he adopted as Indriad.

What bothers me about Freya and Keiran is that they basically do not actually do as much damage as they appear at first glance. They're very good at causing "distress" and "suffering", specifically in WLL. But that's it. Basically. Suffering isn't necessarily bad. It's how people choose to respond to it that's bad.

From the results of Freya's work at least, it seems like her goal was to push for Aelita's birth and life growing up. Which is bizarre if she's a villain. She ruined Kenneth and turned him into Keta. But that brought Team Xen to Sheriden. But, what if whoever wanted to see Taelia dead was an enemy of Team Xen? Like maybe Indriad? Assuming they are not allies.

My point is that so far, the actions of the Mysterious Two are really more chaotic, bordering on Chaotic Good, if you look close at Keiran. He sends them to the past to learn more about Sashilla, which is REAAAALLY suspicious because he obviously was waiting on you.

There's another interesting bit I haven't thought about recently. Keiran was attacking Alexandra. That's something worth noting. Keiran helped us so we could go to the top of Valor, something that was otherwise IMPOSSIBLE, and we see Crescent send the mountain climbing contraption away. Which the Mysterious Two decide to attack not long afterword. Maybe they would have intervened if we tried climbing with Saki...? and by teleporting them, Crescent may have saved us a free-for-all like what happens at Eclysia Pyramid.

Posted (edited)

I found that when you see saki at Valor mountain she is acting different, she speaks weird and she is wearing glasses just like ana is wearing in the underground, I'm pretty sure she is a robot (I remember someone already created this theory so I just added more advance)

Edited by iiiiitamar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, iiiiitamar said:

I found that when you see saki at Valor mountain she is acting different, she speaks weird and she is wearing glasses just like ana is wearing in the underground, I'm pretty sure she is a robot (I remember someone already created this theory so I just added more advance)

I probably wasn't the first one on here by any stretch to have come up with that, but I did suspect. It was really really weird. If Saki isn't Madame X, she's the robot. And it would make sense how she survives all she does, like being catapulted off the ship for instance. And her eye glowing somehow...

And again, I really, really need that dialogue box captured, but at the mansion, Saki-bot says... something... weird, that sounds like it is out of full context and more alluding not to your pointless activities at the manor but your interactions on Terajuma. Something like, "after all we've been through I trusted you", or something. Please don't quote that. It's vague what's actually in the game but it really got my intuition going.

Alas that it's a scene easily missed, due to the humor, and also possibly a case of the vile, and most hated-but-definitely-slain-by-Reborn-devs line break. Where it's hard to catch what's said. Maybe.

But if she's a robot now, was she always? Surely Braixen could tell if her bestie didn't have a functioning soul or real mind.

13 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

Surely Braixen could tell if her bestie didn't have a functioning soul or real mind.

Nah, she could only do that after she evolved. She might have one hell of a wake up call when she sees her again.