Pokémon Empire (Episode 4 Released!)

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

I think my issue more stems from how the sprite is drawn. It just doesn't feel like much effort was put into it, or that it is simply drawn awkwardly. My suggestion is to put the sprite in the artwork's pose. That would do wonders.

Thanks again, we do appreciate the feedback. Both Celaena and Preseus have been something I've considered freshening up as they were also one of the first sprites I had ever made, but overall Perseus's design won't be changing much at all unless we really have a reason to. If anything, his pose may change sure but his outfit and general design is already fixed to what we would like to do.

I can assure you that the sprite itself did have time and effort put into it just as I did with Celaena's. Rather than recovering an existing sprite such as how you've swapped some colors around on our sprite for North, which I would say is good for a first sprite yes, Perseus was designed from scratch while referencing some other trainers in the process. We'll be sure to let everyone know if the sprites do change in the future, thank you again for the feedback and we'll keep what you said in mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking for that hidden gem of a fangame that's built like Reborn, Rejuv, Deso, or Insurgence? Then you're in the right place.   Explore new improvements to outdated Pokémon, abilities, and

"Hello, Ms. Shreeveport."   "Excuse me? Who are you?"   "In the red again this month..? That's a shame. Does your family know what's going to happen to them now?"   "What

Version 1.2 is now live! Semi-Quick Patch Notes: New Turbo button! Toggle the ALT key to double your game speed Also the Z key works like Enter, C, and Space like most people expect

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Dypatome said:

Thanks again, we do appreciate the feedback. Both Celaena and Preseus have been something I've considered freshening up as they were also one of the first sprites I had ever made, but overall Perseus's design won't be changing much at all unless we really have a reason to. If anything, his pose may change sure but his outfit and general design is already fixed to what we would like to do.

I can assure you that the sprite itself did have time and effort put into it just as I did with Celaena's. Rather than recovering an existing sprite such as how you've swapped some colors around on our sprite for North, which I would say is good for a first sprite yes, Perseus was designed from scratch while referencing some other trainers in the process. We'll be sure to let everyone know if the sprites do change in the future, thank you again for the feedback and we'll keep what you said in mind.

Yes, the pose and overall quality are what I'm referencing most when I describe a need for change. That they are from scratch might also explain some of the male sprite's awkward posture. The Celaena is great though, by comparison, with just some touch ups maybe.

Any tips on this trevenant fight, between the lum berry, ingrain, harvest and leech seed i dont stand a shot. There has to be some sort of gimmick to this fight. I know the gir metioned something about getting a pokemon that can stop  its healing but I have no idea what that could be. Probably one of the single most frustrating battles ive dealt with in a fan game. 

6 hours ago, darkwaters33 said:

Any tips on this trevenant fight, between the lum berry, ingrain, harvest and leech seed i dont stand a shot. There has to be some sort of gimmick to this fight. I know the gir metioned something about getting a pokemon that can stop  its healing but I have no idea what that could be. Probably one of the single most frustrating battles ive dealt with in a fan game. 

Spoiler

In the window of the cathedral in Polaris is a litwick that learns heal block, I think

11 hours ago, darkwaters33 said:

Several Pokémon that either prevent healing, or can change the trevenant's ability exist. Other gimmicks like destiny bond, chain status and just full on burning it down exist. If you approach it like a regular battle it can seem exceeding difficult, but certain battles are supposed to be viewed like puzzles where you use Empire's unique tools to solve the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was a hard fight, but I beat the Trevenant with Fomantis and my birds.

Also, I want to say to the devs, again, that I absolutely love the rebalancing to the pokemon. It really improves on the usability of all the various mons.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, just a quick update: we are officially in episode 4 beta!
This means our 'envoys', or top folks from our discord, are currently beta testing the episode and providing us devs feedback on everything. Our betas usually last a little over a week.
But as always, we drop new episodea exclusively in our discord first, found here: https://discord.gg/Ntj8zqh
(then after a few days we'll post the download link here and on other forums).

We hope you're looking forward to the next chapter in Pokemon Empire! Thanks all!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I found something on Polaris that got me curious.

At the house of the old blind man in Polaris Pass there is a jukebox that displays this dialog:

Should we have this play music?

Nothing else in shown after that. Is this correct or is there something missing here?

I just encountered a minor bug, when fighting the point guide leader, i paralyzed his relicanth, and every move after it stated for my pokemon at the beginning of the turn, "but it failed". Though i encountered this i could still attack and the battle went on. The text stoped after his relicanth died. battle went on fine after and the game did not crash, just wanted to report this minor bug.

Just encountered another error, noibat tried to use psywave,  but then a  error happened and it skipped the  move, this happened every time it tried the move, after it fainted the fight continued on as normal. 

Unsettling... Something goes awry after this phenomenon occurs...
Something slow, something lingering, something ultimately... human.

Even Pokemon are affected, although it takes hold of them differently.

What secrets did the nobles unearth in this place? And why did they abandon it?
If only I knew...

Ha, trying to recover decades of studies and tests all by myself... disheartening...

Still, I must persevere. There is something happening here...

I can feel it...
And I must see it through.

The official release of Pokemon Empire Episode 4 is here!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15EXm6oRJ4feDI1uxFrbNST4MEhTy9myD/view

• Upvote 1

With the release of "Episode 4: Knowledge is Power" we hope you'll join us in the closing of our story's prologue. As you trek through the unknown bowels of the Sagitarrian Mountains: walk with caution, mind your appendages, and try your best to keep your head. 

Hope everyone is enjoying Episode 4 so far! Just wanted to share some art with you guys as we approach 1 year since the first episode was released. Cheers and stay tuned for patches to the current Ep and updates on the next one 

1616067348443.png?width=647&height=751

• Upvote 1

Wow. A year and already 4 episodes? That's crazy. (I really do mean that btw. Don't take it as sarcasm! 😭) I remember when I 1st played E1. Such a good experience. Wanted to wait for a bit more so there'd be a longer game to play. Deff gonna be playing through this game now. Also, gonna be doing a playthrough of it as well. Can't wait to get started! 😁 Keep up the good work everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rusien said:

Where do I find Cheyenne after getting an Alcremie? She's not at the orphanage.

If it helps, I went and talked to Demetrius and the other league challengers after getting the piece of paper with alcremie forms description. After I started helping the town with the work assigned by Demetrius, I found her in the orphanage. No idea how tho. 

Hey everyone! Today marks the one year anniversary since Episode 1 was released! And as much as we've achieved in that time in terms of development and growth, we'd like to keep the community first and thank all of you for playing and supporting us and your fellow players.

After a full year of virtually nonstop development, we hope to keep the ball rolling and hit even higher heights this next year! one way we hope to accomplish that is with more community events! Our inaugural event will be a pretty straightforward one: a shiny-making contest! So if you're interested, check out the rules and guidelines below and then hop on to our discord server!
https://discord.gg/Ntj8zqh

Rules and guidelines:

-The Pokemon you'll be making custom shinies for are the Tyrantrum and Aurorus evo lines. You can do one or the other or both!
(The sprites are all posted in our discord)
-DM me or Casper your final design concepts (Cool ones will get posted in our Lusitanian Museum channel)
-The Dev team will either do the vote ourselves or turn it back to the community to vote if we have multiple really great designs
-Winner will not only get their shiny put into the game, but also have it added to their personal save!
-No hard deadline, but these shinies will be available for the official episode 5 release

7 hours ago, Darkhorse said:

Currently in the midst of an Ice monotype run and was wondering if a metalmorph was available so I could get Glalie?

Not yet unfortunately! 

Patch 4.3.1 has arrived! includes new content beyond the end of episode 4!

added the fifth floor to polaris mine.
added a new backtracking events and characters to calvera. 
A certain funeral procession will be taking place...
added evening/nighttime lighting effects to polaris, calvera, and illyria.
fixed a gameplay bug influencing damage-augmenting abilities such as fluffy, thick fat, water bubble, and a handful of others.
fixed weight-based moves' damage scaling
amended many typographical errors: thank you everyone!
made a few balance changes (natural gift powerful now?)
fixed some tile errors such as being unable to fish in certain locations (except off the little bridges in polaris. those are perpetual mysteries haha)
and probably more stuff than that!