Pokémon Empire (Episode 3 Released!)

Was making and editing tilesets for Episode 3 and RPG Maker never loves to let me know when I need to update the tilesets internally lol. Link is updated now!

Thanks for letting me know!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pokémon Empire Expand the Empire! Join our Discord. Then invite your friends if it doesn't suck. It's the best place to ask questions, chat about the game, and give feedback. You can also ex

"Hello, Ms. Shreeveport."   "Excuse me? Who are you?"   "In the red again this month..? That's a shame. Does your family know what's going to happen to them now?"   "What

Version 1.2 is now live! Semi-Quick Patch Notes: New Turbo button! Toggle the ALT key to double your game speed Also the Z key works like Enter, C, and Space like most people expect

Posted Images

That's actually a good question. Pokemon Empire tells the story of different factions whose ideologies are irreconcilable.
Some people will agree with different factions (we are tribal beings by nature), but everyone will fall into the spectrum differently. 
Is it possible for reconciliation? Can people who see things so differently coexist in a harmonious society? Or will one side destroy the other and the entire country of Telius in the process? Perhaps both sides weaken each other so much that a new or even foreign influence will take over. 
There's a lot at play here, and your in-game decisions will hopefully not only make a big impact in-game, but also change how you see the world around you as well.

If you have a Shelmet and Karrablast in your party at the same time, the next one that gains a level will evolve. So karrablast is unable to evolve until you also have access to Shelmet. 

Is there a good place to grind before the gym 1? My team is just not working right now i i have no npc's left to battle.

Also, in the gym battle:

Spoiler

Why is my +6 Spritzee Magical Leaf doing no damage at all? I thought there might be some new ability, but i didn't do almost anything to both Lapras and Amaura, and i didn't find anything in the field manuel to explain it

Edit: Nvm the first part, found the rebattable trainer

Edited by Tacuara

I'm guessing you were frozen? The freeze status in Empire cuts your Special Attack in half. Even at +6 (or +5 after Lapras comes in with Halcyon), I'd guess Lapras's bulk is going to allow it to survive 2-3 magical leafs if you were indeed frozen. Also Amaura has Multiscale, so it won't take much from the first attack against it. Otherwise, check your IVs and Nature on your Spritzee. Those can also negatively affect damage output. 

I have heard reports from different people in different scenarios being surprised by how little damage their Pokemon are doing, though. And yet our team hasn't pinpointed anything in our many balance changes that would be adversely affecting damage calculations. It's something we'll keep an eye on, though. Sometimes just having an "end" in the wrong spot can throw things off like that while remaining virtually undetectable, sadly.

(Spoilers ahead maybe)

I'm at the part of the story where Rose asks you to retrieve a logbook in the Crimson Outpost. When I got there, I was told to meet up with other members of the outpost to find evidence in Calvera. I tried talking to as many people as I could find and I had no luck finding them. Now I'm genuinely confused on where I have to go. Am I missing something? Any help/tips are appreciated! ❤️

3 hours ago, ArcaneHL said:

(Spoilers ahead maybe)

I'm at the part of the story where Rose asks you to retrieve a logbook in the Crimson Outpost. When I got there, I was told to meet up with other members of the outpost to find evidence in Calvera. I tried talking to as many people as I could find and I had no luck finding them. Now I'm genuinely confused on where I have to go. Am I missing something? Any help/tips are appreciated! ❤️

North states that his soldiers were looking into one of the locked houses. One of those houses you couldn't previously enter is now accessible. Inside, you'll find one of the Council soldiers investigating something. Perhaps there's something in that area you yourself need to investigate?

(also, shameless self-plug here: our discord's help and questions section is full these types of things. so feel free to stop by!)

34 minutes ago, Octavius said:

North states that his soldiers were looking into one of the locked houses. One of those houses you couldn't previously enter is now accessible. Inside, you'll find one of the Council soldiers investigating something. Perhaps there's something in that area you yourself need to investigate?

(also, shameless self-plug here: our discord's help and questions section is full these types of things. so feel free to stop by!)

Thanks so much! I can be pretty dumb when it comes to games sometimes, so the help is very much appreciated! I am also relatively new to this community so I'll have to check it out! Btw, love the game so far! ❤️

• Thanks 1

patch 2.3 is now live! It's a mini-update, so we're keeping it exclusive for our discord members only!

(https://discord.gg/Ntj8zqh)

we added some new post-episode 2 content back in Polaris:
check out the new explorer's guild mission!

general changelog:
all 5 terrain effects are now fully implemented (yes, there's a new terrain available this patch)
introduced a new class of move that deals damage and sets up a pseudo hazard (that can't be cleared by defog, etc). the pseudo-hazard can be proc'd by a different type of move to either damage the opponent or heal a teammate.
the primeape line now has gorilla tactics
ice breaker now also mold breaks in hail. 
frisk now also applies the effect of anticipation 
QoL buffs for flail & reversal
safeguard now also blocks disable, taunt, encore, imprison, ability suppression, heal block, etc.
rose's team will now feel slightly less bulky

The rest of episode 3 is in continued development! But for now, enjoy! 

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, quick update and announcement
Update: We're making progress, dialogue is done minus revisions, eventing has been underway for awhile, most of the art related stuff is done bar any new pokemon / pokemon forms that may or may not be on the way. Rebalancing is done, coding is being worked on. We don't do timelines here but just know things are rolling and we'll let you know when we start testing. 
Announcement: As a "thank you" gift to both the rest of the dev team and our wonderful player base / community. I got some artwork commissioned for our male protagonist Perseus! Shoutout June for the incredible job! 

1601050115296.png

As always, thank you for enjoying our game, keep an eye out for updates, and long live the Empire!

• Like 2
On 9/26/2020 at 5:13 AM, Hannelore said:

This looks really fun! 😄 Those screenshots are very enticing; now I'm debating with myself as to whether or not to try it out now or wait until the next episode is out...

Just wondering, is there a speed up button? 

Im sure a handful of people are wondering if they should pick the game up or wait for episode 3.

There's still A LOT of work to be done before we even start testing internally, and there will not be that many changes to the first two episodes minus two major(ish) ones. 2 starters will be replaced due to not achieving the level of balance and viability we wanted, and the overall difficulty of the game is going to be reassessed due to us fixing some damage scaling issues on certain fields, there will likely only be minimal changes, but there is the possibility we have to overhaul half the encounters and then the timetable for Ep3 gets delayed further. 

So really its up to you, Episode 1 and 2 will be in there best form after episode 3 drops, but the changes aren't going to be so drastic that it feels like a different experience.  

3 minutes ago, ssbCasper said:

Im sure a handful of people are wondering if they should pick the game up or wait for episode 3.

There's still A LOT of work to be done before we even start testing internally, and there will not be that many changes to the first two episodes minus two major(ish) ones. 2 starters will be replaced due to not achieving the level of balance and viability we wanted, and the overall difficulty of the game is going to be reassessed due to us fixing some damage scaling issues on certain fields, there will likely only be minimal changes, but there is the possibility we have to overhaul half the encounters and then the timetable for Ep3 gets delayed further. 

So really its up to you, Episode 1 and 2 will be in there best form after episode 3 drops, but the changes aren't going to be so drastic that it feels like a different experience.  

has it been decided what the starters of current episode 1 & 2 will be replaced by in episode 3?

43 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

has it been decided what the starters of current episode 1 & 2 will be replaced by in episode 3?

Yup! Currently only the team and our envoys (community leaders in our discord) know. We'll probably make it public to the discord server at some point before the episode is released. I'll leave it to @Octavius to decide when or if he wants to inform people on the forums about the starter changes prior to the EP3 release. 

Yeah the main consideration for us at this point is do we want to iron out the many bugs currently added to the game as a result of us overhauling a lot of the AI. The current live build uses something pretty close to Essentials' default AI system. We definitely wanted to make sure our game has an AI that's comparable in quality to some of the other major fangames out there, so it's something that I've been working on overhauling for this next episode. It's a long process, but we'll get there. 

But the question for us for now is do we want to try and smooth that all out now> Or do we just want to focus on releasing Episode 3 and leaving in the more vanilla AI build. 

When we get to alpha testing, we do want to try and knock out some of these systemic testing things (like the damage scaling bug we found that Casper mentioned) all at once so we're not constantly having to retest the game from the beginning. But if the new AI build proves too buggy (which is my guess, sadly), we'll likely be releasing Episode 3 with the old build. Hopefully we'll have more of those AI kinks worked out by Episode 4 or 5's release. I'm not exactly an expert at this, sadly!

Anyways, we'll be giving the first crack at the new starters and most of our spoilers to our envoys (role given to our most active/insightful discord members) and then to the rest of our discord folk. We always release our episodes on our discord a few days before the forums or anywhere else.
And generally speaking, we're much much closer to the end of development than we are to the beginning (AI stuff notwithstanding)!

Thanks everyone! We're excited to have Episode 3 ready for public consumption in the not tooooo distant future!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a step by step guide in case you want to play Empire on Android.

You will need to install joiplay emulator and it's plug-in for rpg maker you can get these on google play. You then need to download empire and unzip it. In joiplay you will then need to click the + sign and locate the .exe file once located you can now run the game and bam you can play empire on Android

• 1 month later...

"Something's come up. In Illyria. Do NOT check in at the outpost. Here, this is your assignment. We've been keeping tabs on them for some time now.

This needs to be done cleanly. Remember, the most important thing is to recover the target.

Everything else is secondary. Use the asset as you see fit, but make certain there are no loose ends. 

And there won't be a problem with any... personal... conflicts of interest regarding this assignment, correct?"

"No, sir. I'll get it done."

Pokemon Empire "Episode 3: Dust to Dust" has arrived!

Early access available now only from our official discord channel!
https://discord.gg/Ntj8zqh 

• Like 3
  • Octavius changed the title to Pokémon Empire (Episode 3 Released!)

also i noticed a rather peculiar bug tho im not sure what caused it but i can surmise it started at the orphanage soon after i got the alcremie and left............... basically after getting it (i went for the fairy/dark one for now) it caused a walk through walls effect to trigger for reasons unknown to even me i wish i could help further there but i only know the location it started and not the cause itself

EDIT: its worth noting it seems to persist if you save and reload the game as well but if you travel between towns (i went from ilyria to polaris and back, not sure if it works otherwise) the effect goes away