Octavius

Pokémon Empire (Episode 2 Released!)

Already 2 years have passed since this work was announced?

I'm downloading it now and i'll play it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Capll said:

Already 2 years have passed since this work was announced?

I'm downloading it now and i'll play it.

Glad to hear it! We hope you find Empire compelling. 

Telius Aeternum

image.png.e5e220041a7aef8d16b83d65fe9e9a68.png Been playing through the game and have a quick error report - this happens with the salesperson in the back of the factory

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Michael_ said:

Been playing through the game and have a quick error report - this happens with the salesperson in the back of the factory

Did the game crash, or was there just the error? We've gone back into the code and found out there's a simple fix. We expect there will be some more bugs found in the coming days, so this bug you found and any others will be fixed in a patch within a week. Thanks so much for the feedback

1 minute ago, StoicStone said:

Did the game crash, or was there just the error? We've gone back into the code and found out there's a simple fix. We expect there will be some more bugs found in the coming days, so this bug you found and any others will be fixed in a patch within a week. Thanks so much for the feedback

Yeah, the game crashed

12 minutes ago, Michael_ said:

Yeah, the game crashed

Then that would be more concerning. You could try and purchase an Ice Heal from any of the other vendors in the game, for now. If you're unable to do so then the copy-pasted code for that item might be inputted incorrectly. In order to access the bottled water you'll have to wait until we can post the patched game, unfortunately. Sorry for the inconvenience 

This game looks amazing, and I love the atmosphere when playing.

And giving the starters such good IVs is very welcome, since you're not stuck soft resetting at the beginning and can just dive right into the story.

But I noticed that the shiny sprites for Snover and Abomasnow have the numbers 495 and 496 (for Snivy and Servine) instead of 459 and 460.

And you misspelled Baneful Bunker as Baleful Bunker in your PBS files.

Thanks for the finds! Our beta team didn't encounter everything, but I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game so far! Like Stoic said, even though these are quick and easy fixes, we'll wait to see if a handful of bugs come in before sending out an update.
And baleful bunker is actually an intentional misspelling (it's a feature; not a bug lol)! Baleful has a similar meaning to baneful, but we thought it sounded more compelling. You may see other moves or abilities here and there that have their names slightly changed. Sorry if it's a bit irksome!

Started playing and I must say very impressed so far, its pretty polished as far as an episode 1 game goes. Is there gonna be a link stone type item to evolve pokemon that need to be traded, for example the two bugs at the beginning in polaris pass? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, darkwaters33 said:

Started playing and I must say very impressed so far, its pretty polished as far as an episode 1 game goes. Is there gonna be a link stone type item to evolve pokemon that need to be traded, for example the two bugs at the beginning in polaris pass? 

Most Pokemon that evolve via trade will have an evolution item. In some special cases, such as Shelmet and Accelgor, we may elect to use an in-game event instead. As of right now, Pokemon that could evolve as soon as possible due to trading are not able to evolve. This is simply for balancing 

Wait wait wait! This is the game that the creator made a post about like 2 and half years ago?! Omg! I was so excited for this game to come out but then there was silence for so long and I forgot! I just looked at the old post now and it's the same! AHHHHH! Going to play it right now! 😄

5 hours ago, Octavius said:

Thanks for the finds! Our beta team didn't encounter everything, but I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game so far! Like Stoic said, even though these are quick and easy fixes, we'll wait to see if a handful of bugs come in before sending out an update.
And baleful bunker is actually an intentional misspelling (it's a feature; not a bug lol)! Baleful has a similar meaning to baneful, but we thought it sounded more compelling. You may see other moves or abilities here and there that have their names slightly changed. Sorry if it's a bit irksome!

I kind of suspected that it might be intentional given their similar meaning. But it isn't annoying at all, I think it contributes to the game's uniqueness.

I was wondering if there's a list for the pokemon that were subjected to changes, at least those with changes to their base stats?

Posted (edited)

Its a great game so far. I found a few grammar errors playing through the game nothing major. I'm not trying to be a grammar freak. Sorry if i sound like one

Edited by Display name

1 hour ago, Edo said:

I kind of suspected that it might be intentional given their similar meaning. But it isn't annoying at all, I think it contributes to the game's uniqueness.

I was wondering if there's a list for the pokemon that were subjected to changes, at least those with changes to their base stats?

We do have an excel/google sheet that list more of the holistic changes, but keeping a changelog for each individual Pokemon would honestly be impossible given how many small subtle changes there are overall, especially to things like when certain Pokemon learn certain moves by level-up.
The best thing we have for now is the PBS file, especially if you just want to look at base stats. If you go into your Empire game folder and click on the PBS folder and open the "Pokemon" notepad file, you can search for any Pokemon with "control F" and find its changes. And if you don't know what a move or ability does, you can find a description in the "Ability" and "Move" notepad folders, respectively, all still within that PBS folder.
Eventually, we'd like to have a website where you can search and find all of this information more neatly, but this is the best we can do for now.
Do note that this game is and will continue to be carefully carefully balanced where everything you catch and raise will be usable and (we think) satisfying. Things like stufful that normally don't learn a fighting move until level 38, will learn one before you reach meaningful level break points (i.e. it will have a fighting move before you have to fight the ice gym leader). So don't be afraid to experiment and let the changes play out for you organically! 

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I doubt it but just making sure, is there a way to evolve Pikachu into A. Raichu?

Not in Episode 1

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Octavius said:

We do have an excel/google sheet that list more of the holistic changes, but keeping a changelog for each individual Pokemon would honestly be impossible given how many small subtle changes there are overall, especially to things like when certain Pokemon learn certain moves by level-up.
The best thing we have for now is the PBS file, especially if you just want to look at base stats. If you go into your Empire game folder and click on the PBS folder and open the "Pokemon" notepad file, you can search for any Pokemon with "control F" and find its changes. And if you don't know what a move or ability does, you can find a description in the "Ability" and "Move" notepad folders, respectively, all still within that PBS folder.
Eventually, we'd like to have a website where you can search and find all of this information more neatly, but this is the best we can do for now.
Do note that this game is and will continue to be carefully carefully balanced where everything you catch and raise will be usable and (we think) satisfying. Things like stufful that normally don't learn a fighting move until level 38, will learn one before you reach meaningful level break points (i.e. it will have a fighting move before you have to fight the ice gym leader). So don't be afraid to experiment and let the changes play out for you organically! 

No problem, I was just hoping there might be some detailed documentation for better overview, since the PBS even has the unchanged values, and scrolling through a thousand entries takes quite some time.

I did search with Ctrl F for specific info, so having those PBS files is really great, thanks for including them.

Just one question left: How is the difficulty compared to Reborn? Will it be more casual since the Set Battle mode and 'No Item in battle' rules are imposed on the players? (Which I really like by the way, that's how a trainer battle is supposed to be imo)

1 minute ago, Edo said:

No problem, I was just hoping there might be some detailed documentation for better overview, since the PBS even has the unchanged values, and scrolling through a thousand entries takes quite some time.

I did search with Ctrl F for specific info, so having those PBS files is really great, thanks for including them.

Just one question left: How is the difficulty compared to Reborn? Will it be more casual since the Set Battle mode and 'No Item in battle' rules are imposed on the players? (Which I really like by the way, that's how a trainer battle is supposed to be imo)

I played through the entire demo and didn't find it all that challenging. I believe the game doesn't actually have Reborn's AI within it which makes game decisions a bit more random. The field effects, especially the first gym leader's, is where the actual difficulty comes into play. Set mode isn't that big of a problem, seeing as I personally found it super easy to optimize my team to my playstyle. The EXP share also helps to get any lagging member on track super quickly.

40 minutes ago, Michael_ said:

I played through the entire demo and didn't find it all that challenging. I believe the game doesn't actually have Reborn's AI within it which makes game decisions a bit more random. The field effects, especially the first gym leader's, is where the actual difficulty comes into play. Set mode isn't that big of a problem, seeing as I personally found it super easy to optimize my team to my playstyle. The EXP share also helps to get any lagging member on track super quickly.

Thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoyed it. We're sure Octavius will have fun amping up the difficulty in the future

So it seems when you try to get Dreepy from that 1 shop in Polaris, it crashes the game.

18 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So it seems when you try to get Dreepy from that 1 shop in Polaris, it crashes the game.

Thanks for catching that. We're going to throw the fix for that bug and a couple others we've found into a new a 1.1 patch. The download for the fixed version up to that point should go live soon. 

Version 1.1 is now live.
Changelog:
RPG sale is now satisfaction guaranteed
Polaris Ice Water has been decontaminated
Eat Dirt will now put its targets in the dirt

miscellaneous sprite fixes

added the credits section to the main post

enjoy the patch!

• Upvote 2