Jump to content
Revengercm

Wynaut release episode 19a up to league?

Recommended Posts

Been craving to play the game again, but beating the game and it being unfinished doesn't do well for me.

 

I honestly don't care about the legendaries as much as the main game being done so why hasn't there been like, half of the last episode up to the league release?

  • Hmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

frankly i don't care about legendaries either, but others do, and nintendo tends to hit games right at their completion through the champion (see: uranium, prism). in order to mitigate risks and make sure we can finish, we're doing it all at once.

some other factors but that's the biggest. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

frankly i don't care about legendaries either, but others do, and nintendo tends to hit games right at their completion through the champion (see: uranium, prism). in order to mitigate risks and make sure we can finish, we're doing it all at once.

some other factors but that's the biggest. 

I get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amethyst said:

frankly i don't care about legendaries either, but others do, and nintendo tends to hit games right at their completion through the champion (see: uranium, prism). in order to mitigate risks and make sure we can finish, we're doing it all at once.

some other factors but that's the biggest. 

Wait, i thought nintendo stopped taking down fan games ? I don't remember exactly where i saw it because it's been so long but i do remember reading that nintendo stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Wait, i thought nintendo stopped taking down fan games ? I don't remember exactly where i saw it because it's been so long but i do remember reading that nintendo stopped.

they didnt 2 years ago they took down all pokemon related roblox fan games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Wait, i thought nintendo stopped taking down fan games ? I don't remember exactly where i saw it because it's been so long but i do remember reading that nintendo stopped.

Hahahahahahaha! Good joke. They usually do something every year for the past 13 years being one of the most aggressive on pirating and fan content. Pokemon is the worst contender. It ain't so much if Reborn will be taken down but more of a when which we are fortunate they haven't done anything to the point we are probably the safest yet. There is new management in NoA so maybe they stopped wasting money on it but TPC is still the same song and dance. Hard to say.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Nintendo is still taking down fan games left and right whenever they feel like it. If Nintendo would at least learn from the fan games they took down......

 

While i DO understand the reasoning that Nintendo wants to protect their property, i still think the main reason they are taking down fan games is the fact that those fan games tend to have features that fans wanted in the official games, but never got them in any official release. These fan games are doing something right where Nintendo refused to listen to their fans for years. And of course these small things are the reason why fan games are ever so popular.

 

And of course Nintendo KNOWS that the biggest threat that fan games pose to their official counterparts are not even the fan games, but Nintendo itself. Or rather it's Nintendo's own inability to just go with the flow and make the right choices for the official games.

 

Pokémon Sword and Shield is a masterpiece of an example here. Nintendo KNOWS perfectly well that more than 80% of the people playing Pokémon are adults who started with Gens 1 to 3 when they were kids. And they know that these adults have been making noise for years now, begging for an optional higher difficulty mode for experienced players. Instead the games got easier with every new generation. You can give your Switch to a monkey that smashes your Switch against the wall and tries to eat it, and this monkey will still beat the game like that. And whats worse: Nintendo (and Game Freak as well for that matter) treats Pokémon fans like all of them were 6 to 10 year old kids (and stupid kids as well). I don't even need to get started on how they said all this BS about how they needed to cut down the Pokédex to 400 in favor of "higher quality animations", which was obvioulsy a fat lie, since the animations and graphics of Sword and Shield are exactly the same as on the 3DS (and even worse than those in some cases). Let's be real here: For a Gen 8 Pokémon game on the way more powerful Switch hardware the Sword and Shield games do have a very poor level of performance when compared to Gen 7 on the 3DS.

 

With that in mind ask yourself this question: Does it really sound like an unexpected surprise if people like fan games more than the most recent official release? And thus we are back at the fact that the biggest threat about fan games is Nintendo itself.

 

But hey, who am i to judge their decisions? I'm just a stupid customer that exists only to give them my money... And in case this was not obvious already: YES, this post contains (almost toxic levels of) sarcasm...

  • Haha 2
  • Hmm 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to agree that episode 19 should be split into two, then I saw what happened to Pokemon Uranium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, as for Uranium, wasn't that one "finished" very close to the release of.....what was it? X and Y? Or was that Sun and Moon?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo took down Uranium that fast because it's "finished version" was released very close to the release of new official Pokémon games, and you know.....People could mistake Uranium for the new official game.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Commander said:

Hahahahahahaha! Good joke. They usually do something every year for the past 13 years being one of the most aggressive on pirating and fan content. Pokemon is the worst contender. It ain't so much if Reborn will be taken down but more of a when which we are fortunate they haven't done anything to the point we are probably the safest yet. There is new management in NoA so maybe they stopped wasting money on it but TPC is still the same song and dance. Hard to say.

Damn, guess i was wrong then. Hopefully Reborn and Rejuvenation can avoid the ban hammer like zeta/omicron and insurgence. I mean suzerain completed insurgence in 2017, i think ?

 

Perhaps Reborn and Rejuvenation aren't that likely to get banned because they target a different audience ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Damn, guess i was wrong then. Hopefully Reborn and Rejuvenation can avoid the ban hammer like zeta/omicron and insurgence. I mean suzerain completed insurgence in 2017, i think ?

 

Perhaps Reborn and Rejuvenation aren't that likely to get banned because they target a different audience ?

Insurgence got an update some time ago that revamped some stuff and added more postgame iirc. I am playing through it again to see how much was changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's just hope that Nintendo finally realized that taking down fan games costs more money than it's worth, as there will be new fan games anyway. As long as nobody is trying to make money out of his fan game there should be not much to gain for nintendo.

 

Also i don't see any real reason why they would have to wait for a fan game to be finished before taking legal action. If they wanted they could take down any fan game they want at any time. And with all the negative critique about Sword and Shield still fresh on everyones mind they should lay low with anything that could make their fans even more angry.

 

Then again, big video game companies trying to ruin their most valuable franchises, enraging their long time fans in the process seems to be the new meta recently........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, ShogokiX said:

 

 

Then again, big video game companies trying to ruin their most valuable franchises, enraging their long time fans in the process seems to be the new meta recently........

"Do you guys not HAVE phones?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MachoPony said:

"Do you guys not HAVE phones?"

Yes, exactly that......and let's not get started on all the BS that other big publishers and developers pulled off.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they have 807 more reasons than ever before, to come down cracking on fangames. DEXIT and its aftermath, on fans!

 

I myself am especially afraid, for Rejuvenation. Let 's cross fingers and use natural camouflage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like i said, Nintendo and the Pokémon Company both might want to lay low on any kind of bad publicity for a while, as a lot of fans are still very mad about the whole Sword/Shield stuff.....

 

The whole incident already caused the sales of multiple other monster capturing games to rise as a result of the fans being angry (for a good reason in my opinion), and some of those newer monster capturing games do look quite promising.

Sure, none of those might "kill" Pokémon (like the million times new games were hyped as THE WoW Killer, yet none of them ever scratched WoW when they were released), but if these new games play their cards right, they will be able to grow to a size where they might be able to stand next to Pokémon as an equal.

 

Right now i think that Temtem might be able to pull that off, as it does try give players a lot of those things that they never got from Pokémon, even though there has been popular demand for years. The battles are more challenging, there is no RNG, and there is co-op. Also there will be housing, guilds and more in the future. But it's still in early access and thus there are still some things that still don't work properly. But for the most part the game is playable and worth the money.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 4:54 AM, ShogokiX said:

Well, as for Uranium, wasn't that one "finished" very close to the release of.....what was it? X and Y? Or was that Sun and Moon?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo took down Uranium that fast because it's "finished version" was released very close to the release of new official Pokémon games, and you know.....People could mistake Uranium for the new official game.....

Uranium came during the summer of Pokemon Go (2016). Pokemon fever was at its highest in a LONG time when Uranium released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juice said:

Uranium came during the summer of Pokemon Go (2016). Pokemon fever was at its highest in a LONG time when Uranium released. 

So it was Pokémon Go. I did remember that there was a release of a Pokémon game, but i wasn't sure any more which one it was. But yes, Pokémon Go did cause quite the Pokémon fever. So much in fact that not only did it do more for american people's health than any state financed health programms did (which made me laugh hard), but it also caused a lot of traffic accidents, as people proved to be as stupid as to think that it's a good idea to drive and play Pokémon Go at the same time (which is really sad, but also proves how stupid some people are).

I don't know about you guys, but i'm not very intend on getting isekai'd by truck-kun, just because truck driver played Pokémon Go instead of paying attention to the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo taking fangames has nothing to do with things like "they're doing stuff people want" and are more worried about them making money on it, which most people don't. Its the bad eggs that ruin it for everyone else, although I wish they didn't carpet bomb the shit out of everything, I get why they do I guess. Taking down an 'obscure' fan game isn't gonna give nintendo that bad of a rap, people already know the deal with this kinda stuff and reborn would be another casualty of war before they move on to the next fangame

On 2/12/2020 at 6:14 PM, ShogokiX said:

Let's just hope that Nintendo finally realized that taking down fan games costs more money than it's worth, as there will be new fan games anyway. As long as nobody is trying to make money out of his fan game there should be not much to gain for nintendo.

 

Also i don't see any real reason why they would have to wait for a fan game to be finished before taking legal action. If they wanted they could take down any fan game they want at any time. And with all the negative critique about Sword and Shield still fresh on everyones mind they should lay low with anything that could make their fans even more angry.

 

Then again, big video game companies trying to ruin their most valuable franchises, enraging their long time fans in the process seems to be the new meta recently........

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't bet on Sword and Shield bad rep. Because it ain't (that much of) a big deal. There is an army of adamant stooges, who white-knight Nintendo hard. "There are TOO MANY pokemon", "they should revise and innovate the roster", "quantity doesn't equal quality" and a plethora of other misplaced dung. Sales are also said to be EXCEPTIONALLY high and all that jazz.

 

Unfortunately, the bad rap is more like, few old fans like me/you/etc are salty, over the whole deal and a handful of nerds, who bothered to detect Nintendo's lies (pre-existing animation, them getting lazy, cutting-off expenses, rushing the damn thing, etc).

 

To be honest, destroying a fangame right about now, would fortify their position further. Especially since us here, have the best fangames around. I believe Reborn and Rejuvenation, stand at the peak. Let's hope that nothing nasty happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...