Sign in to follow this  
0ddman

New Pokemon Like MMO: Temtem

They are aggressively banning everyone who isn't boot-licking them from their forums, including people they scammed for falsely advertising that the game has family sharing. I'll be wary of this game if I were you as the devs really know how to play the PR game.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:32 AM, ShogokiX said:

Now one may think that is the double battle system that makes for a slightly higher difficulty, but that's not all. The removal of random factors like critical hits, attacks missing and the min/max rolls on damage multiplier are greatly improving the competetive factor of the game. Damage is calculated only on raw numbers, no rng involved. The same attack from the same Temtem on the same opponent will always do the same amount of damage.

I can certainly see why you think that Pokémon Sword/Shield is better (at least atm), but like i said, Temtem is still in early access, so a lot of things are still not done, but those that are there are looking good right now. Also Temtem is a new IP while Pokémon has been around for over 20 years now and had more time to improve.

The double battles are only part of the reason why the games is more difficult. There are also many other reasons, including:

1). It is way harder to OHKO opposing tems even with super effective moves, so you are bound to tank at least a few hits.
2). There's a billion tamer battles in a row, so in order to make it through you either have to backtrack a lot, or bring a lot of restorative items which REALLY sucks. The temessence vial doesn't help much, because you need to heal after almost every battle.
3). There's no EXP share (except Coward's Cloak, which you can only equip to 1 tem), so it's pretty damn tedious to grind levels, again because it is harder to OHKO opposing tems.
4). Many tems evolve super late, but the ones that don't evolve tend to be weaker or rarer most of the time. So it's a kind of a lose-lose situation.
5). Many tems have either shit move pooles (Looking at you Oceara) or stats (Pigepic for example). Or sometimes you have to breed in order to get the proper moves. This also narrows down which tems are viable, which sucks for diversity purposes. Ganki is so strong on the first island that he essentially becomes a must pick. Houchic is also better than the other starters imo, but unfortunately I can't go back in time to pick him instead of Smazee (which gets outclassed by Skunch pretty soon).

And I can go on and on. It's true that temtem is a lot younger compared to Pokemon, but Pokemon made all the improvements so Temtem didn't have to go through the learning curve. Yet, they still fail a lot of basic things (some of which I described above), and also the story leaves a lot to be desired. Also idk if the dialogue options actually make a difference, cos otherwise it's a waste of time. When it comes to difficulty, I think Reborn and Rejuvenation just do it way better to be honest.

I've looked at it a bit. Might get it when the problems have been ironed out. It would be hard to be worse than the last two years of actual Pokemon's content regardless of problems in the games. Might not though since I really am not a fan of the forced multiplayer aspect. I despise multiplayer games, and try to avoid them. If that wasn't a factor it would a definite game for me to at least try out in the future.

Well then...

giphy.gif

I haven't played an actual MMO in ages, so I figured maybe whenever I'd find time I'd check out the hype but judging by this thread it's an absolute dumpster fire. I obviously knew there would be issues with the game since it's relatively new. I also figured since it's a MMO it would find itself a dedicated fan base and those issues would probably end up being worked through, but considering someone posted above that anyone that's not kissing their feet on their forums is getting banned there might not be any hope for that. 

I'm probably going to keep my distance from this for a while. We'll see how things turn out. 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

but considering someone posted above that anyone that's not kissing their feet on their forums is getting banned there might not be any hope for that.

Weeeeeelllllll......

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums. And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

The people who got banned so far all deserved the ban for their actions. And of course they are whining now, claiming to be innocent victims who got ripped off of their money. But let's be honest: They had the option to use their brains and NOT violate the TOS for both the game and the forums.....but they chose to be a pain instead. Instant Karma!

• Upvote 1

That’s what I expect.  Most people we ban here do similar things.

“They banned me for having different Opinions!  And my opinion is that this game IS FUCKING TRASH.”

uh... that ain’t constructive criticism.

18 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums.

And you shouldn't blindly listen to assumed authority. There have been cases of wide spread senseless bannings in an attempt to contain negative feedback, even outside of MMOs. I would bring up some examples but I hardly feel like taking this thread more off course.

And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

"Asshole" is extremely ill-defined. There are forums where that quote, mild as it is, would get you a ban. Giving moderators a free pass to power trip as long as they say "toxic/salty/asshole/etc." is an extremely poor system.

The people who got banned so far all deserved the ban for their actions. And of course they are whining now, claiming to be innocent victims who got ripped off of their money. But let's be honest: They had the option to use their brains and NOT violate the TOS for both the game and the forums.....but they chose to be a pain instead. Instant Karma!

Give me 40$ and then let me punch you, by your own blind victim blaming mindset you'll deserve it.

41 minutes ago, Godot said:

That’s what I expect.  Most people we ban here do similar things.

“They banned me for having different Opinions!"

Saying that you shitmod doesn't really excuse others shitmodding. There's also the matter of having different standards for something free vs something paid. Hard to keep your MMO active and running if rumors, and screenshots, of nonsensical bans keep potential paying customers away.

In all likelyhood Temtem flubbing it's launch will be forgotten fairly fast, but it won't get enough of a playerbase to keep it going in the long term. It doesn't have much for artists and the like to latch onto, very limited gameplay-related reasons to keep playing and already has quite the negative reputation.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:34 PM, ShogokiX said:

Weeeeeelllllll......

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums. And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

I see, I wasn't aware of that really. It's kind of hard to deal with the amount of misinformation that covers these situations these days :c

20 hours ago, xX_Rock_Wrecker_Xx said:

snip

Meanwhile doing a quick google search for TemTem bans shows they banned a bunch of people for cheating, and nothing about overly draconian TOS or banning people for criticizing the game. So far I’m leaning more toward the counter argument rather than your claims, which seems to amount to “people should be able to say anything they want and never suffer consequences”. Which frankly is a terrible policy for any community, let alone a game trying to build a sustainable one.

Meanwhile everything else I’ve read shows a promising and solid game that is fun to play.

5 hours ago, wcv said:

Meanwhile doing a quick google search for TemTem bans shows they banned a bunch of people for cheating, and nothing about overly draconian TOS or banning people for criticizing the game. So far I’m leaning more toward the counter argument rather than your claims, which seems to amount to “people should be able to say anything they want and never suffer consequences”. Which frankly is a terrible policy for any community, let alone a game trying to build a sustainable one.

Meanwhile everything else I’ve read shows a promising and solid game that is fun to play.

Yes, Temtem is fun, although it really DOES feel a little weird in the beginning, as it somehow feels like Pokémon, yet it doesn't. The double battle system is something you may have to get used to, but the fact that the game is designed so that you can't one shot an opponent that easy (and with that i mean take out BOTH of their Temtem in one turn) makes it really interesting. You can't fight the same way as you do in Pokémon, as the game uses a stamina based system instead of the PP system Pokémon uses. This basicly means you have to keep an eye on how much stamina your moves require, or your Temtem hurts itself. With the removal of RNG based elements like evasion, critical hits, or min/max rolls, the fight become more skill based than in Pokémon as well.

And as i said, as long as you play by the rules you can enjoy the game without any worries about getting banned for no reason. I mean, come on....isn't it obvious that those who got rightfully banned for their actions are trying to spread bad rumors? If THEY can't have fun with the game, NOBODY deserves to have fun with it. Those people are easier to read than a book.

Gotta love it when people alter evidence to make their argument more convincing.