Jump to content
Zumi

local bastard opens AMA thread

Recommended Posts

im feeling mildly chaotic and apparently there was an AMA trend in august i missed so i'm uhhhhhhhhh 4 months late but hi i'm zumi, i'm a reborn discord mod + main artist for Rejuvenation and here's my Ask Me Anything™ thread

 

i was gonna put guidelines on how far i'm going with answering but i'll just think of what i'll answer and what i won't go into detail about on the go so fuck it. lets go gamers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zumiii ♥
What's an art project this past year that you've had the most fun with/enjoyed the most? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favorite kind of tree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got two questions:

 

1) What is your favourite moment with tree?

 

2) What is the strangest cause of an argument/debate you've ever had?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lolokxd said:

What is your favorite Pokemon to use in Rejuvenation?

Ampharos! Next to that, while I don't think these two are my favourite mons, the combination of Sylveon and Primarina has also served me incredibly well in my current playthrough. Crobat is also always a solid mon to have on your team in Rejuv, and I also like using Golisopod!

 

8 minutes ago, Azzie said:

Zumiii ♥
What's an art project this past year that you've had the most fun with/enjoyed the most? 

 

100% the flower parade this past year! It was my first year actually helping designing a float, and I probably couldn't have asked for a better debut with 2nd place, the 1st public's choice award and a plume for excellence in concealing actors on the float LOL

 

I designed it along with my brother and two other guys from the workgroup! Have some pics and a video in the spoiler!!! It looks better in motion tbh uwu

Spoiler

EDY-dW9XkAE-EVw.jpg

EDXueckWwAAgy76.jpg

 

 

8 minutes ago, Tacos said:

Favorite kind of tree?

Maple trees are nice!!!! They have super nice colors in the autumn and I'm a sucker for bright autumn colors

 

8 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I got two questions:

 

1) What is your favourite moment with tree?

 

2) What is the strangest cause of an argument/debate you've ever had?

1) unknown.png

 

2) Someone mentioned that they put ice cubes in their milk on my discord and it ended up in the Great Milk Discourse of 2019 because it got WAY out of hand and the entire server was just yelling at each other (i'm on team "don't fuckin put ice cubes in your milk you heathen, put your milk in the fridge instead" by the way)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long have you been interested in gaming/art development, what was the first game you’ve ever played and how was your New Year?? :]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swampellow said:

Bird?

owl

 

1 hour ago, Chrixai said:

How long have you been interested in gaming/art development, what was the first game you’ve ever played and how was your New Year?? :]

1) for about 6 years now! working on rejuv actually helped me realize i want to do visual art for games as a job and helped me make a career path choice!
2) bruh that's asking me to dig up the depths of my memory which is already like swiss cheese -- full of holes............... but i think it was a game boy color jungle book game??? it was either that, pokemon blue or a bugs life on the n64

3) good!!! i celebrated it over at my friend's place and it was v fun

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you enjoy more, making mugshots or making trainer graphics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Zumi! I got some questions:

1) Is there any inspiration behind the name Zumi? 

2) What Pokemon fan games do you really like other than Rejuv, Reborn, and Deso?

3) What's your favorite food?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you say you're zumi but like how fast do you go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raion said:

What do you enjoy more, making mugshots or making trainer graphics?

Mugshots! Trainer sprites are fine but I find enjoyment in doing larger sprites since it's easier to draw facial expressions, which I really like doing.

 

9 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Hi Zumi! I got some questions:

1) Is there any inspiration behind the name Zumi? 

2) What Pokemon fan games do you really like other than Rejuv, Reborn, and Deso?

3) What's your favorite food?

 

1) it's actually derived from an old OC I had back in 2011, which I then turned into an username I had for a while (Zumidesu), and people started calling me Zumi because of it. The nickname stuck, so I'm still using it now!
2) .........................................would it be bad to say i havent even played any fangames outside of rejuv and reborn...................

3) Curry madras!!!

 

4 hours ago, andracass said:

you say you're zumi but like how fast do you go

like..... 600 fast

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you?

 

Do you understand that if this bandwagon wagons harder, the responsibility is on your head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Felix~ said:

How are you?

 

Do you understand that if this bandwagon wagons harder, the responsibility is on your head?

Good!

 

and absolutely, i take full responsibility and i regret absolutely nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.do you have a favorite book or book series?

2.do you have any favorite artist or a artist that inspires you?

Are we friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually stumbled upon your soundcloud account and you really have a great voice. Not to mention you also do remixes. Did you ever consider pursuing music/singing as a career? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smeargletail said:

1.do you have a favorite book or book series?

2.do you have any favorite artist or a artist that inspires you?

Are we friends?

1) Mmmmm not really. I do like most of Dan Brown's books, thought! Just that I'm more of a fanfic reader than anything else sdghfjsdfsvbdgns

2) There's a good couple of artists that inspire me! A couple of my friends, but also some other artists that I simply follow on twitter. I'd recommend checking out Jenna Brown's, Loish's, ExTrident's and Hitofutarai's artwork, those are some of my favourites!!

 

3 hours ago, Maqqy said:

I've actually stumbled upon your soundcloud account and you really have a great voice. Not to mention you also do remixes. Did you ever consider pursuing music/singing as a career? 

I have, actually! If I ever somehow end up not being able to draw anymore, I'll probably consider pursuing music and particularly digital production as a career path. I still want to take vocal lessons again at some point as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you like musicals if so which ones 

if you don't like musicals then whats you favourite artist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, Gengar768 said:

Do you like musicals if so which ones 

if you don't like musicals then whats you favourite artist?

I don't really care much for musicals, but my favourite artists are Kensington and Coldplay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a scale of 1 to fuck this, how hard would it be to animate the pokemon sprites like in gen 5 for Rejuvenation?

 

Edited by Crimson_Mc_Black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did your last flower parade float go? What's in store for next year on that same front?

What is your natural hair color? How often do you have to get it touched up?

What do you like most about the Netherlands?

What do you dislike the most about the Netherlands?

Is your brother still taped to the ceiling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

On a scale of 1 to fuck this, how hard would it be to animate the pokemon sprites like in gen 5 for Rejuvenation?

 

fuck this, in all capital letters and with six million exclamation marks. like hell i'm gonna do that LOL, that's just too much work... not to mention the fact that it lags the game real hard

 

On 1/28/2020 at 1:14 AM, Jericho said:

How did your last flower parade float go? What's in store for next year on that same front?

What is your natural hair color? How often do you have to get it touched up?

What do you like most about the Netherlands?

What do you dislike the most about the Netherlands?

Is your brother still taped to the ceiling?

1) 2nd place + 1st public's choice award + Plume of excellence for the manner in which the actors on the float were integrated into the environment, so I'd say pretty well! I actually have a presentation tomorrow evening for the workgroup to properly explain the new design for the upcoming year, so I'll be designing again this year, and probably the year after this still as well!

 

2) Dark blonde! I haven't had my natural hair color since I was like... 11-12 years old, though. My mom used blonde spray on my hair to lighten it a little bit before I started actively dyeing it in 2014, and I've had the red hair since late 2014 - early 2015. I dye my hair every 3-5 months or so!

 

3) It's generally pretty peaceful??? Not a whole lot happens here. I don't care much for the country itself as much as I simply love the town I live in, because of its community and me feeling I'm actually able to be a part of it somehow

 

4) There's unfortunately, despite the peace, a relatively large amount of people who are xenophobic, lol... People tend to hate immigrants.

 

5) yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picture yourself in April 18 2015 or when you’ve become a recent member. Like I’m gonna assume that most of us made our accounts just to play Reborn. 


And now back to present you, a welcome member of this community 

If you were to write a message to yourself 5 years back to the past 

What would you spoil and what would you share ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anti-loser said:

Picture yourself in April 18 2015 or when you’ve become a recent member. Like I’m gonna assume that most of us made our accounts just to play Reborn. 


And now back to present you, a welcome member of this community 

If you were to write a message to yourself 5 years back to the past 

What would you spoil and what would you share ?

 

I'd probably only tell myself which people I initially associated with but ended up being troublesome LOL, that's it. Everything else just kinda came naturally which I feel like it's best that it happened as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...