Vince&Sylveon

Project Spork - Forest Guardian

Posted (edited)

So, I was notified by another YouTuber who is also one of my friends about some of the passibility errors that he encounter on his “failed” recording. Mostly having to do with the trees, specifically the 3x4 trees. He wasn’t able to progress through Tinder Forest if the passibility of those 3x4 trees are this:

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

He told me to change into

ooo

xxx

xxx

xxx

Then he’ll be able to get through tight gaps. He had a good team going, but the failed recording of his (the audio was gone although the footage is normal, the program that I had that he used is Microsoft Expression Encoder) made him delete his save (there’s no backup saves on Spork, side story or not), so I gotta help him set up his team to perfect IVs, EVs, nature, and moves.

For those barely starting your adventure, I deeply apologize for passibility issues. For now, if anyone has rpg maker, try to change a few of those x’s to o’s. I’m not ready to reupload something yet.

Edited by Vince&Sylveon

Got bored and decided to record my second gauntlet run. I am still procrastinating so I don't know when I'll be back to doing my activities due to exhausting workload IRL. I know some players might be stuck in some areas (and others able to pass through walls) due to passability issues, and I'm trying to get those resolved. It seems like whenever the computer is undergoing updates, some passability spots gets undone (like changing from O to X, or from X to O), so I have to change tile passability again. Specifically, I know I made X's on hedges, but it occasionally changed to O itself, so I have to change it back. Hope anyone didn't have too much difficulty on these battles.

A reupload, albeit small, has been made to solve a bit of passibility issues, changing a bit of dialogue, and made only one of four Ice Temple missions. After seeing several DLs, I can imagine those who started their adventure, assuming they don't have RPG Maker, has been stuck by those trees that blocks too much from the player...and abruptly ended their adventure. I can only hope that what I edited can solve this, but like most computers, whenever update they gonna put in will undo some of the edits that I've made, making me do some of the editing all over again (The passibility of trees, ledges, buildings, just to name a few). Hopefully I don't have to do that too often. Updated a few of the Pokemon's abilities, specifically Sylveon, as I finally got the ability that I've dreamed of.

So I’ve compiled 11 pairs for the Tag Battle Tournament for the next upload. And it’s actually harder than it looks, most likely the critical thinking aspect. The trainers that I’m about to use are existing characters, and they all have a fixed full team of six Pokémon. So editing their team is out of the question. What can be edited is held items, EVs/IVs, and movesets designed for Double Battles. The moves that I edit could be legitimately learned via level up, Technical Machine/Technical Records, and/or tutor moves. But sometimes those moves aren’t powerful enough, so I may have to resort other moves of the same type (like STABmons) or (rarely) flat out illegal moves. 

But then there’s another layer of complexity which is setting up the weather. With Rain, Sun, Hail, and Sandstorm available, one would think that I can build a team that benefits from the weather, but again, their respective characters already have their full team, so it would be anti-thematic to swap out team members in favor for optimization. So it became “Either run Hidden Power Water/Fire, non-miss Blizzard, non-miss Thunder/Hurricane for specific special attackers, or make the weather clear.” Team diversity makes it hard for me to decide which weather would best suit them. If they have both Water and Fire Pokemon (like Cherry or Orange), then it might become a dilemma. Some of their Pokémon would benefit from the weather while others are flat out disadvantaged. This is a case of “you win some, you lose some.” Perhaps the team that I had the easiest time team building is Idol Frank, Sierran, Spade, and Aromage Lime since these are exclusive E4 of specific type specialty in Forest Guardian.

Regardless of how hard critical thinking became, the fact that I have compiled those 11 pairs means that I had a lot of fun teambuilding than ever before. I might not have done as much activity on my computer on the past two months, but I’m doing my best to manage opportunity costs, something like focusing on a certain activity as opposed to focusing on things that is currently under world hiatus (such as Pokemon/Yugioh TCG; deckbuilding while all the tournament and even casual hangouts are cancelled).

That’s all that I have in mind for now.

So, it’s been around three weeks since the last reupload, figure I would put a scoreboard for E9.

Old Content:

Map Updates: 100 (Only Tullborn is slightly decorative, so don’t save on that place!)

Script Updates: N/A

Miscellaneous: 0 (myself debating whether to add a bit of Cyberse Sylveon related stuff).

New Content: 91.7

Lost Tinder Forest: 100

-Mapping 100

-Eventing 100

-Story 100

Tullborn Tournament: 100

-Mapping 100

-Eventing 100

-Story 100

No Gen VIII related stuff on trainer rosters atm.

update 07152020: Tested out four more double battles last night.

update 07192020: Tested out three more double battles. Am about to do the finals but with a bit of a holdup.

update 07192020: finally done at 330am

Posted (edited)

Blurb of E9:

After the events in Eevee Village, Vince finds that he’s running out of time, so he organized with Draga to host one of the most memorable tournament in Tullborn. Meanwhile, Lime and the player meets up with a new Portal admin.

New areas added

Lost Tinder Forest and Tullborn Tournament Arena.

Battles

Lost Tinder Forest

VS Tapu Bulu x2

VS Portal Blader Chris X2

Tullborn Arena 11 Double battles

rounds 1-3 involve frontier brain fruit squads

rounds 4-6 involve Team Portal

round 7 is original champion and creator

rounds 8-9 is E4

round 10 Involves siblings

final round is 2 insanely OP trainers (you’ll need more than 25+ max revives and various counters to deal with both of them)!

To continue where you left off, return to Eevee Palace and you’ll find Lime there after the gauntlet.

Edited by Vince&Sylveon
Starting point

Lost Tinder Forest is being showcased here. Also leads you exactly where you're supposed to go.

Posted (edited)

I decided to put 11 of those Double Battle videos. But for this post, I’m only going to put the final round because this particular Double Battle is the only battle where I actually experience multiple feelings. Anxiety, prepared, and nerve wracking...these are some of the things that I feel. I mean, this is two strongest trainers in Spork Forest Guardian. Facing one is hard enough, but facing two of them at once seems like extremely difficult. Not to mention that my AI is heavily handicapped due to their typing. Decode Talkers easily prey on Steel weakness found on Fairy and Ice types. Mega Charizard Y’s Eruption, Greninja’s Water Spout, Special attacking Mega Salamence, Yveltal, Shaymin Hax, Hydreigon Fakemon, and others. I don’t know if this particular battle can be beatable without items (maybe DemICE might prove otherwise, since he did it with his Grass monorun in Rejuvenation).

At the end of the day, this battle is still beatable. You just need the right Pokémon to do the job, even if you’re staring down a big adversary, which I had on this recording.

Edited by Vince&Sylveon

ive just downloaded forest guardian i'll let you know if i find some defects, its getting late tonight ima check out as soon as i can

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

ive just downloaded forest guardian i'll let you know if i find some defects, its getting late tonight ima check out as soon as i can

Thanks. Like I’ve said earlier, the errors are gonna be the same ones from Spork 8 due to using the same script, so I might examine the other bugs from the troubleshooting thread.

Since I saw you have the capability to debug, if you want Cyberse Sylveon in its final form, then change the friendship from 0 to 255 and then level it up to evolve.

Posted (edited)

i have a question when i first started this game i don't see the debug mode in the menu, do you have to unlock it further in the game or is it not programmed to be in the game yet? when i played pokemon spork from ICSW version the debug mode was available from the start, just curious

according to my knowledge the red pokebreeder gives EV to hp, yellow is def, blue is sp.atk, green sp.def, pink is speed and brown is attack? i had a pokemon ruby/sapphire official guidebook by nintendo powers before so those pokeblocks colour represent the stats just like in contest for what they prefer and for the nature, ive havent played console games for a while but i still remember all this and i used to be a top player on showdown before

Edited by Shadowarceus950

I don’t know how to automatically enable debug. I guess you have to have RPG Maker program to actually playtest. ICSW’s Spork 8 used to not enable debug until she did around 3-4 months ago. Similar to Reborn and Rejuvenation hence why the game loads within seconds.

Steffi customized the breeder sprites to have multiple colors, but sadly still doesn’t indicate which stat until you talk to them.

ah i see that makes sense im gonna do my research and find a way to have debug and see if i can test the moves and ability wich needs to be fixed, im usually a busy guy since my work will resume soon so ima try to analyze the error on my day off whenever i get free time

• Like 1

Sure thing. Take your time.

I happen to have extra work piled on me regarding this side story as well. More eventing and mapping...but I’m trying to divide my workload so that I don’t get stressed out. I’ll be looking through old content and might do a few map revamps.

Based on some sketches that I’ve made, Tinder Village’s Pokemon Center is going to be remodeled as well as adding EV training rooms so that you don’t have to guess which one (and having to soft reset if you talked to the wrong breeder). This kind of room is gonna be extremely similar to Pokemon Rejuvenation’s East Gearen Laboratory. I also managed to find a desired soundtrack by asking Jan on twitter because I couldn’t remember what it was. V11 and V12 PokeCenters was USUM Lillie remix while the V10 PokeCenter uses a track from Sun/Moon “Taking a break in the cafe.” (ICSW, if you’re interested on this soundtrack for PokeCenter and PokeMart, I’ll be searching for that track and convert it to mp3.)

Also, if you’ve play Pokémon Mystery Dungeon before, then you’ll see some areas that have multiple floors.

• Thanks 1

So, uh yeah! Starting to polish some older content, and Tinder Village's Pokemon Center has been overhauled. The room is where you heal your team, buy some healing items (the healthier kind), and lets you go to the backyard! The OST for those locations is from Pokemon Sun/Moon's "Taking a break in the cafe." This track used to be on Rejuvenation V10's PokeCenters until it changed to USUM Lillie's remix on V11 onwards.

Pokemon Breeders with specified EVs are relocated in training rooms so that you don't have to guess which ones.

Buoy and Grill sprites are sampled via Jan's Aevis and Aevia trainer card sprites, and will replace some of my older drawings in SporkEnhancements folder.

As always, those pictures won't be there forever if I were to clean up my attachments so that I have memory space. My limit is still 4.88 MB in Reborn fourms.

pokecenter.png

trainer000.png

trainer001.png

Posted (edited)

E9.1 re-upload:

-Some minor map revamps. Do not save in any of those areas: Tinder Village Poke Center (that place no longer exists. Pretty sure the error will pop up if you load a save inside an nonexistent location), Shrine of Purification (you'll get stuck on some logs), Tinder Woods (again, you'll get stuck on some logs), Mt. Steam Crater (you'll get stuck in magma).

-Added a little bit of dialogues in some of the idle characters that don't converse before and/or after the event.

-Added a small prologue that happens before landing on player's house.

-Some of the AI's Pokemon roster undergo some changes in regards to EV, IV, Ability, Nature, and Moves.

-EV Training rooms are in the backyard of Tinder Resthouse (which replaced Tinder Poke Center), and each of the room represent a certain stat so that you don't have to guess which breeder it is.

-Added type based Gems in Tullborn Lobby to shop.

-Some places have boulders to indicate that I will expand on such places much later on.

-Vince should disappear from Eevee Palace and Tinder Apex since he said he'd logged out. Bonnie and Nancy also disappears. Ryoken will take his place as an optional battle.

-"Splash" image redrawn based on current episode in the title screen (just look at page 1 of this post).

-Relationship values are being implemented. So far, Lime and Sylveon has counters.

-Frank & Sierran just got sprite updated (for Trainer card purposes), this time sampling Jan's Aevis & Aevia poses (picture above this post).

The previous copy of E9 was rushed as I was too excited to test out various double battles. After that was done, I can relax and look back at existing content to see if it would need some remodeling or not. No, there's still no plans to replicating temple missions since my interest seems to weave in and out of life. I also am occasionally surfing around the Spork bug reporting thread to look at solvable scripting, and I should be modifying some of the script if I can. This script in this side story runs the same engine as Spork 8 even though I may have implemented one item that isn't in Spork 8 (Dark Candy being one of them).

Edited by Vince&Sylveon

PSA: There is a certain line on Trainers.txt that will cause the game to crash because the internal name of the attack is spelled incorrectly.

If you Ctrl+F this line:

EMOLGA,42,WISEGLASSES,THUNDERBOLT,AIRSLASH,SOLARBEAM,HIDDERPOWERFIR,2,,,,TIMID,31,,,,,0,0,0,252,252,4

You'll see that Hidden Power Fire is HIDDERPOWERFIR when it's supposed to be HIDDENPOWER, replacing the R with N. (And yes, Emolga DOES learn Solarbeam via Sword/Shield TM/TRs).

EMOLGA,42,WISEGLASSES,THUNDERBOLT,AIRSLASH,SOLARBEAM,HIDDENPOWERFIR,2,,,,TIMID,31,,,,,0,0,0,252,252,4

It was when I realized the error popped up due to syntax errors. Sorry for the inconvenience. Other than that error, once you changed the letter, you should be fine when playtesting in RPG Maker.