Vince&Sylveon

Project Spork - Forest Guardian

Hi, everyone. Vince here with a side project using Pokémon Spork related materials. As this is a test run to see if I am capable of performing duties pertaining to RPG Maker, I may pause from time to time in order to get used to some of the most essential stuff frequently used in this program.

blurb:

Little Lime must be having quite a dream...……..or is it a dream that already happened?! Is the Pokémon really captured, or is it just having a fun trip away from their home? Either way, Lime is determined to rescue it and also happened to encounter the same player character that just became Champion of Ceolis. Thinking she can combine forces with her friend, having both a Frontier Brain and a Champion, anything is possible.

-There are no field effects, but level cap and obedience will be put into effect.

-The maximum level for any Pokémon is 80 (may subject to rise depending on what challenges I throw).

-Wild Pokémon can be encountered since I just practiced how to implement encounters. There’s still various gift Pokemon (which may be required to get if you want to have access to a building in Eevee Adobe, there's 28 of them so far) scattered about and Dark Candy is implemented to lower your Pokémon’s levels.

-Several Pokemon may get “illegal” moves and possible STABmons moveset to make the game even harder. I know for sure I’m gonna implement Felicia’s Neo to have Boomburst!

-Couple more familiar faces from a certain familiar fan game.

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8te48gucp0yxyv/SporkForest.zip/file

splash.png.d030bcd46926f0f9741b6c1eda02134d.png

screenshots.png

Custom drawings, BGMs, and other stuff: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1lm1c28te3wcon7/SporkEnhancements.zip/file

Edited by Vince&Sylveon
  • Like 2

By the way, I recognize what Mediafire and Mega is, but I wonder if I have to create an account in order to submit enormous sized files...

google might work as well but but I haven’t tried uploading mass quantity sized documents before.

I created an account when I uploaded Spork to mediafire, though I don't remember if it was for more file space. I think I tried to create an account for mega too but I didn't understand how to proceed from there? It's been a long time since Spork was first uploaded so I'm not clear on those details, sorry for not being able to help more there.

I'm not sure if you had this project in mind when you first made the title screen art of Lime at a campfire in Tinder Village, but it definitely fits perfectly and I'm very interested in seeing where this goes!

• Thanks 1

Yes, that picture did come in mind when brainstorming this project. Tinder Village was almost never be visited in the original Pokémon Spork game if it weren’t for a NPC giving out HM01 Cut from the village. But even then, I don’t recall in various areas of Pokémon Spork that Cut is required to progress the story. So Tinder Village could still be skipped by the player. Another factor to making Tinder Village the focus is that I really missed the Pokémon Ranger spin off series. They only made three games and eventually disappeared after Gen 4. The concept of roaming around nature is a huge contrast of the modern days where there’s far more urbanization and much less of empty property.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Yes, that picture did come in mind when brainstorming this project. Tinder Village was almost never be visited in the original Pokémon Spork game if it weren’t for a NPC giving out HM01 Cut from the village. But even then, I don’t recall in various areas of Pokémon Spork that Cut is required to progress the story. So Tinder Village could still be skipped by the player. Another factor to making Tinder Village the focus is that I really missed the Pokémon Ranger spin off series. They only made three games and eventually disappeared after Gen 4. The concept of roaming around nature is a huge contrast of the modern days where there’s far more urbanization and much less of empty property.

The revamped Tinder Forest map (will be added the upload after the upcoming reupload) will make more use of Cut, I really like the revamped Tinder Forest + Village maps, they have a cozy atmosphere with more campfires!

8PRawpASE5Pw8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Tinder Village + Forest are kind of bonus areas that weren't planned at first, and were added because I had a dream about a similar place. I do like the idea with your project of giving them more focus!

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/7WKunpwJH6s

Unable to embed for the time being, but this video here is to showcase some brutal trainer battles that I've playtested with. Seven trainer battles including Lime whose entire team has modified movesets and invested EVs/IVs, which is expected to be since the player character is already a champion! And the reason why some NFE Pokémon tanks Super Effective hits is because they got Eviolite!

By the way, that revamped Tinder Village gets fancier every time! But the village I have is based on your older map archives.

Not sure if I want to release it at the time. Pokémon Sword and Shield is still going on like crazy. Maybe I wait a few weeks.

Also, I roamed around Mediafire a while ago, seems like there are multiple services. The basic one can hold up to 0.01 TB, which is around 10GB, more than enough to fit major fangames like Reborn, Spork, and Rejuvention. The next one is 1TB and the business package is 100TB. I assume getting Basic should suffice.

And one last thing, defeating Lime isn’t mandatory. You could lose and still progress on. And I better add the move tutor that covers level up moves. 

• Like 1

I liked the quest of getting all the Sticks. I feel like it ties into the theme of exploring more of nature and the rangers' actions that you wanted to focus on well. Plus seeing Lime doing more ranger activities too, since while a little of that was seen in Spork with dealing with the Tyrantrum along with the Genesect quest, there was more focus on the group's activities as a whole with the Battle Frontier and Smoothie than on any individual member's life outside of the group. 

For mediafire, if basic is the default, then that should work. I don't think I have anything beyond the basic since I see recommendations in the corners like this:

image.png.b4802f164ed2eed7d12d10521f9432a0.png

And I've had space to fit multiple episodes of Spork (before I took down the links to older episodes), DDDL, and Delicia's Return to Dreamland at the same time. Looking at the storage space used, it seems like I still have a lot remaining too:

image.png.609ce1e61f24f8c1c9b60f8b5e47493d.png

Also, I meant to say in the last post, it makes me really happy that you've enjoyed Spork enough to make drawings, a custom difficulty mode/run, and this project!

• Thanks 1

Glad you are overjoyed. Spork is perhaps one of the friendliest Pokémon game I’ve ever played.

Oh, and looking at your recent post from the main Spork page 78, I previously did get stuck on that Vespiquen event, but much later on, I wasn’t stuck anymore when I tried again. I then proceed to get Mesprit by climbing the waterfall.

And I finally registered myself to Mediafire. I’m still waiting until the Sword & Shield craze slowly fades away, and then I’ll upload.

• Upvote 1

After looking at some trainer sprites, I might add some more trainers on post game:

Popstar Frank:

Arcanine

Mega Charizard Y

Darmanitan

Volcarona

Chandelure

Magmortar

Popstar Sierran:

Clefable

Mega Gardevoir

Sylveon

Azumarill

Florges

Mawile

Popstar Spade

Ludicolo

Mega Alakazam (his idol outfit retains the Psychic trainer class)

Greninja

Poliwrath

Starmie

Slowking

Ace Trainer Vince

Sylveon

Lucario

Mega Salamence

Staraptor

Greninja

Cofagrigus

Whether I would implement additional trainers depends on how far I am with the project....and I still got ways to go.

• Upvote 1

With ICSW's reupload of Spork 8 today comes with Part 1 of Spork Forest Guardian. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Also, if you happen to have both Pokémon Spork and this side game, it is important to change the name of your save file because for some reason, the same save is present in both games. If you try to use that file on the wrong game, an error will pop up. i.e. SporkForest save on original Spork, or Spork save on Spork Forest.

Anyways, this will be a hard game in terms of difficulty. Move relearner is here, nature changer via cassie is here, choice items and ideal TMs is here via PokeMart, EV training Pokémon Breeders are here. Seven trainer battles await! Nine available Pokémon to use!

Vince's room 2F:

Sylveon

Staraptor

Piplup

Chikorita

Braixen

Emolga

Popstar Lounge:

Ludicolo

Arcanine

Clefable

I didn't remember how to when I think you mentioned about the name and files earlier, but I found it just now. In the Game tab in RPG Maker, there's a Change Title option when clicking. 

Downloaded and will play tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

So I noticed another Sylveon sprite which is used by Ceolis’s GlitchHop, and seeing that makes me want to recreate that Sylveon. I decided “How about a Sylveon who’s a Physical sweeper and a glass cannon?” This is what I thought about.

Type: Fairy/Steel

Ability: Tough Claws

HP: 95

Attack: 130

Defense: 65

Special Attack: 60

Special Defense: 65

Speed: 110

Various moves: Iron Head, Play Rough, Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Bite, Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword.

Yeah, pretty unusual moves. Sylveon won’t always hold its sword since I couldn’t edit the sprite without making it transparent, so I’ll let the level up moves do the talking. I might include that in the next upload to where the player’s house is at, so you can either choose the regular Sylveon or GlitchHop.

This fantasy idea was from one of my crossover fan arts: https://www.deviantart.com/chilup2007/art/Sylveon-x-Decode-Talker-crossover-819672595

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the late reply/followup. My computer/desk chair broke last night so late morning - early afternoon was finding a new one.

I played through part 1 this afternoon-evening. I had a lot of fun exploring Tinder Forest searching for the Farfetch'd. I also liked the Pokemon options to start with and seeing all the Pokemon interactable in the player's house and being able to get Pokemon from Frank, Sierran, and Spade. 

I only found a couple of bugs, neither of which were major/game-breaking: 

You can walk through all of the fence here at the player's house:

UHdpqP0KIEI5RCP8fbV5wdkGAGAAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

and a small amount of black space is visible here (can be fixed in debug menu option Metadata -> turn on Snap Edges for the map):

fyrcaFIoAFyuAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Another thing which isn't a bug but this trainer says that Aliora City is close still: 

KXhZv7sNXtf4wg4Ao6AIAIOALTIeCEPB22XrIj4Ag4Ao6AI2BG4F8DbjckkIwLhaQAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I think the teams you came up with for the player characters definitely fit them, as well as the types used. A couple months ago I had fun trying to come up with headcanon teams and personalities for the three of them; I considered in the distant future doing runs with each player character with those teams (still thinking of, a few are planned for each). 

I'm looking forward to the next part and seeing what's happening with Celebi and the mysterious figures! I was excited when seeing that part 2 is already around halfway. 

• Thanks 1

1. I’ll try to find a fence sprite that blocks the player.

2. I also noticed that and would edit the Dimension size of the map. I believe it’ll take 8 tiles (or 4 trees) to look realistic.

3. And whoops, I forgot to slightly modify some of the after battle text.

Thanks for the feedback! I am still working on Branching Cave adding in multiple Double Battles. Branching Cave is filled with trainers using Pokémon that evolves into one of the multiple forms (I.e. Eevee, Poliwag, Wurmple, etc.)

As of this reply, it’s 6:11 PM on my time zone.

• Upvote 1

Branching Cave finally done! I still have to playtest from the beginning and maybe add some items as a souvenir and gift Pokémon here or there and episode 2 is pretty much set.

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble with Dive eventing

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 21, map 6 (Tinder Woods):
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):1: syntax error
Kernel.pbTransferUnderwater(008,8,23)
                               ^
***Full script:
Kernel.pbTransferUnderwater(008,8,23)

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

There's really no syntax errors on that one when I compared one of your dive events:

Dive in Inoset Island, Kernel.pbTransferUnderwater(203,28,53)

I don't see a difference in the script either, so I'm not sure. 

The only thing I could think of is maybe it's the zeroes in 008? Since none of the other map coordinates have zeroes in them.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I’ll try again with (8,8,23) and see if it works.

Not right away though, I’m at work and won’t be home until 10pm. Right now is 10am in my time zone.

Episode 2 is out. Only fatal error I'm still resolving is being underwater, as pressing "C" will crash the game, so don't go underwater yet! Fences and signs can't stress enough!

Two major battles, several double battles, and two gift Pokémon. Was going to add the Eeveelutions, but that dive problem keeps me from continuing.

• Thanks 1

No, removing the zero did work. Now it’s a different problem while underwater. Every time I press the “C” button, I recall the error looks like this:

ENOENT

Map000.rxdata not found.

That's strange. I'm not sure why the error would mention map000 since there isn't a map000 in the game or mentioned in any transfer event as far as I could see. 

I checked in Spork's data folder and there isn't a map000 there either. 

Branching Cave was really fun, and so was using the Cyberse Sylveon! Cyberse Sylveon carried my team a lot. I look forward to visiting Norall in the next part!

Aside from the diving, I think the only thing I noticed error-wise which wasn't really an error but not updated text is after the battle with Felicia and Delicia, Felicia says "You really are as good as he said!" which was referring to Barker in Spork after the Game Corner. 

• Thanks 1

Glad you enjoyed it. I did notice I forgot to do felicia’s after battle text. And until I can eventually fix Dive errors, there won’t be much exploring to do. I might be able to do a small fix such as transfer player from room to room, but that may switch from the surfing sprite to walking sprite while underwater (but doesn’t crash if pressing C). And I think I can resurface.

Fortunately because of issues like this, Dive won’t be required yet (though that might subject to change). I’ll just focus more on several Pokémon battles than navigation.

If I were to nickname a male cyberse Sylveon, he’ll be called Yusaku.

I might have to do a major revamping on Sylveon’s Level Up moveset. My mind is blown when it can learn Mystical Fire and Magical Leaf via TM in Sword/Shield. I’m eventually going to replace two of Sylveon’s Level Up moves.

Sylveon was already having 4MSS with calm mind, hyper voice, Shadow Ball, and Psyshock. But now, two more coverage moves are here.

Here's my recording of myself self-testing my adventure. I have not heard any inquiries regarding difficulties inside Branching Cave, so looks like it's a reasonable obstacle to pass. I also edited Staraptor's level up moveset to include Close Combat at Level 1 (1,CLOSECOMBAT,...) since I didn't see that move when using the move relearner. You'll definitely need a Fighting type move against some things! And also, something I found is that if you lose to Lime, you're transported to where you last healed instead of being in the shrine, but the text still keeps going (you still can progress Tinder Woods). Next, regarding Underwater sections, I'm gonna compromise the surfing sprite as having the walking sprite didn't cause a crash when pressing C. Walking underwater seems like unheard of, but the Sonic series games had all characters walk on water, so looks like there's a leeway!

Then there's actual EV revamping. I actually stumbled across a post from some forum and they showed how to actually modify the EVs in AI's Pokémon. I won't put the entire thing here, but it started like this:

17.TPHPEV

18.TPATKEV

19.TPDEFEV

20.TPSPEEV

21.TPSPAEV

22.TPSPDEV

Was testing the opponent's Level 20 Jolteon; it has 83 speed. Sent out a Pokémon with 82 or less speed. It finally outspeed my pokemon which means I set the script up correctly! Without additional lines, those AI Pokémon had there EVs randomized or fixed in a certain value. Eventful upload will have serious EV distributions as opposed to fixed value.

Finally in the actual spork, I noticed that if you lose to Emily at the beginning, the room and other rooms become the older version instead of green background. Exiting Virima Hotel and re-entering it back in will restore the green background.

Edited by Vince&Sylveon