Michael_

"I'm Stuck" Thread

Stuck on a Case? Confused as to where to go next? Think you're missing a piece of evidence and don't know where to find it? Let us know and we'll help guide you in the right direction!

Note: If you're stuck due to a bug, please report it in our bug reporting thread. As well, 90% of the time, we'll only give you hints as to what you should be doing. We believe that exploration is still important to the game. A guide as to where to go throughout the entirety is also in the works so stay tuned for that!

im stuck {again i know right and this time i think i wont be smart enough}  on the book puzzle with the red is a lair and red calls blue a lair and stuff thing

7 hours ago, inktalegaster said:

im stuck {again i know right and this time i think i wont be smart enough}  on the book puzzle with the red is a lair and red calls blue a lair and stuff thing

Spoiler

The puzzle can only result in being one of two names, hence the capital letters. You just have to decide which one 

i am still unable to get a anwser

8 hours ago, Michael_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The puzzle can only result in being one of two names, hence the capital letters. You just have to decide which one 

58 minutes ago, inktalegaster said:

i am still unable to get a anwser

Like Michael said, you can brute force your way through the puzzle by ignoring the hints about which books are the liars. Just look at the letters the bookshelves offer, especially the two capital ones, and ask yourself what two significant characters have names starting with those capital letters. From there, you can look at the remaining lowercase ones provided to puzzle out which is which. As only one of the names is four letters long, you're set to unlock the combination. 

59 minutes ago, Ekat said:

Like Michael said, you can brute force your way through the puzzle by ignoring the hints about which books are the liars. Just look at the letters the bookshelves offer, especially the two capital ones, and ask yourself what two significant characters have names starting with those capital letters. From there, you can look at the remaining lowercase ones provided to puzzle out which is which. As only one of the names is four letters long, you're set to unlock the combination. 

59 minutes ago, Ekat said:

got it XD

On 11/17/2019 at 6:45 PM, inktalegaster said:

got it XD

I took brute force way tooo litteral and got the anwser by going 0-9999999 rip sanity btw

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, inktalegaster said:

I took brute force way tooo litteral and got the anwser by going 0-9999999 rip sanity btw

But the book puzzle doesn't have anything to do with numbers, we told you that they're names. Or are you referring to a different safe entirely?

5 hours ago, Ekat said:

But the book puzzle doesn't have anything to do with numbers, we told you that they're names. Or are you referring to a different safe entirely?

The final puzzle 

I'm really enjoying the game, but have been stuck on Case Three for hours and hours now...

Spoiler

I can't figure out how to get the reservation for the Spa from the book-lady who can't make her appointment. I've seen other people continue by referring to her boyfriend in dialogue, but that dialogue option doesn't appear for me. How do I trigger this dialogue so I can progress? When I speak to her boyfriend (who's in the entrance hall with his charge) nothing seems to happen for me. He just talks about being stuck with the kid while her Ma takes a break. No option to ask about the girlfriend. Not sure what to do now, please help me if you can!

Edited by Ravichos

3 hours ago, Ravichos said:

I'm really enjoying the game, but have been stuck on Case Three for hours and hours now...

Hide contents

I can't figure out how to get the reservation for the Spa from the book-lady who can't make her appointment. I've seen other people continue by referring to her boyfriend in dialogue, but that dialogue option doesn't appear for me. How do I trigger this dialogue so I can progress? When I speak to her boyfriend (who's in the entrance hall with his charge) nothing seems to happen for me. He just talks about being stuck with the kid while her Ma takes a break. No option to ask about the girlfriend. Not sure what to do now, please help me if you can!

Hm, looking at the game shows that you actually found a way to sequence break things. You were supposed to ask him about his girlfriend way earlier in the case, all the way back when he was in the store. Because you didn't do that, you didn't get the opportunity to help her and get the Spa Card. Give me your save and I'll debug the switch on so you can do that. 

Hi Ekat, thanks so much for your reply! I assumed I was just being a silly potato and couldn't figure it out, but this explains why I got stuck. I attached my latest save file in the attachment; please let me know if I can provide anything else to help you help me out😄

Once again, thanks to you and Michael for making this game. The writing and the atmosphere is fantastic, I look forward to progressing through the rest of the cases.

Game.rxdata

1 hour ago, Ravichos said:

Hi Ekat, thanks so much for your reply! I assumed I was just being a silly potato and couldn't figure it out, but this explains why I got stuck. I attached my latest save file in the attachment; please let me know if I can provide anything else to help you help me out😄

Once again, thanks to you and Michael for making this game. The writing and the atmosphere is fantastic, I look forward to progressing through the rest of the cases.

Game.rxdata 150.5 kB · 0 downloads

No worries, and sorry for the trouble! Honestly I was baffled too until I poked around the events some more- it was never something I predicted happening, haha. 

Game.rxdata

In the Ghost quest, i have the Ghost Lady's, the House Lady's and the Rabies clue/testimony, as well i talked to the Lab Manager. What do i have to do next?

33 minutes ago, Raion said:

In the Ghost quest, i have the Ghost Lady's, the House Lady's and the Rabies clue/testimony, as well i talked to the Lab Manager. What do i have to do next?

The ghost quest can't be continued until later in the story. You'll have to come back after; the time will be obvious 

• Thanks 1

In case 2:

Spoiler

After i talked to Mordecai and got his testimony, where do i have to go?

2 hours ago, Raion said:

In case 2:

Reveal hidden contents

After i talked to Mordecai and got his testimony, where do i have to go?

Spoiler

There's a number of things you can do - talk to Duchampe in the residence, figure out a couple of the puzzles around the mansion, etc.

I wound up putting together a walkthrough for Present's cases! Ideally this should cut down on some repeat questions. Hopefully it will also save everyone the time of going through the thread and waiting for replies. 

Google Docs Link

Txt. File (Will also be included with Present's files in future releases.)

PRESENT WALKTHROUGH.txt

Cheers!

• Thanks 1